Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which Simpsons' Episode Gets Voted Off Next?
Flaming Homer 2 7.41%
Springfield vs. Shelbyville 4 14.81%
Homer Gets A Gun 3 11.11%
Homer The Union Boss 3 11.11%
The Stonecutters 1 3.70%
Homer Goes To Space 8 29.63%
Mr. Plow Vs. The Plow King 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2003, 03:44 AM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FOFC Best Simpsons Episode Survivor--Round Four

We're getting into some tough decisions here, as some of the slackers are getting booted. This vote figures to get tougher and tougher with each round.

Last round, Cape Feare, one of my personal favorites, bit the dust. Oh well. It was close at least. The Sideshow Bob episode received 8 of 36 votes for 22.2%.

Those 8 votes just barely edged out Homer Goes To Space, which had 7 votes, for 19.4%. This is the second bridesmaid finish for Space, which has been flirting with getting tossed since this began. Will it be next?

Here's the round breakdown:

Round 1: Grimey with 11/53 votes--20.8% (Homer Goes To Space in second place with 10/53--18.9%)
Round 2: Who Shot Mr. Burns, Parts I & II with 7/31 votes--22.6% (Cape Feare in second place with 5/31--16.1%)
Round 3: Cape Feare with 8/36 votes--22.2% (Homer Goes To Space in second place with 7/36--19.4%)

As usual, episode descriptions/capsules for the remaining choices will follow this post...

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:46 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Epsidoe descriptions/capsules:

. Flaming Homer-- Homer invents a drink, and Moe steals it to become famous. Classic scenes: Lisa's slumber party and offshooting scenes; Homer Going Nuts at End; Aerosmith.

2. Springfield vs. Shelbyville-- Springfield kids and dads invade Shelbyville to get back the town's lemon tree. Classic scenes: Bart masquerading as Shelbyville kid; Milhouse meets Milhouse; the getaway scene at the junkyard.

3. Homer Gets A Gun-- Homer's decision to get a gun to guard the house after a soccer-induced town riot causes Marge & kids to leave abandon him for a bit. Classic scenes: The soccer-ripping scenes; Homer waiting for the seven-day waiting period to pass; the SLEeep eAZY Motel.

4. Homer The Union Boss-- Homer becomes the head of the worker's union when Burns tries to take away the plant dental plan. Classic scenes: "Dental Plan!", "Lisa Needs Braces!"; Grampa Simpson and the old strike-busters; several hilarious Burns-Simpson negotiations.

5. The Stonecutters-- Homer turns out to be the anointed messiah of a secret men's club modeled after the Freemasons. Classic scenes: The Stonecutter song; The Stone of Shame; Civil War Re-enactment by monkeys.

6. Homer Goes To Space-- Homer gets sent up on a space shuttle mission as part of a NASA publicity-stunt aimed at the common man. Classic scenes: Barney & Homer compete for the spot; the potato chips; the inanimate carbon rod.

7. Mr. Plow vs. The Plow King-- Homer goes up against Barney in a war to sweep the streets of Springfield of snow. Classic scenes: Barney in a diaper; The Mr. Plow commercials; The $10,000 bill.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
tucker342
Pro Starter

goodbye Mr. Plow Vs. The Plow King
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 08:41 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

bump

CR

Old 03-21-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

bump bump

Old 03-21-2003, 07:46 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

One more bump before the end of the night...

CR