Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
Samdari
Roster Filler

PokerStars new player bonus?

After a recent bad experience with the security division at Absolute Poker, I am looking around for a new site to play at. I have an account at PartyPoker, but don't like the high fee for the cheaper sit-n-gos ($5 + $1). I see that Stars has $5 + $.50 so I was thinking of signing up there, but cannot find any sort of first time deposit bonus type of thing that I see at most sites. Is anyone aware of such a promotion there?

Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
TredWel
High School Varsity

Stars has no signup bonus, and no rakeback either. They do offer periodic reload bonuses, but haven't done so for a few months.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

no bonus or soup for you
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

Samdari - what limits/games do you play? Stars is nice for tourneys, but I wouldn't recommend playing there just for ring.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:54 AM   #5
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Samdari - what limits/games do you play? Stars is nice for tourneys, but I wouldn't recommend playing there just for ring.

I tend to stick to low limit stuff (.25-.50) mostly, having really liked the low blind no-limit cash games I found at Absolute.. I guess I'll throw this out there for everyone - is there a site that has low limit (like $5 low) sit-n-go's with 10-12% fees and low limit ring games too? Other than Absolute, who has made it clear they do not want my business.

Last edited by Samdari : 07-21-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I tend to stick to low limit stuff (.25-.50) mostly, having really liked the low blind no-limit cash games I found at Absolute.. I guess I'll throw this out there for everyone - is there a site that has low limit (like $5 low) sit-n-go's with 10-12% fees and low limit ring games too? Other than Absolute, who has made it clear they do not want my business.
Stars is the site for you, for sure. Stars is, imo, the absolute best poker site out there, bar none. Great service and support, fast cashouts, fair bonuses. The only reason I don't play there is 1) no rakeback 2) not enough players at my limit/game. I still keep some money there, though and play the 25+2 turbos every once in a while.

If you ever start moving up in limits, definitely start looking into getting a rakeback deal at someplace like Eurobet or Empire.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

I don't know about Absolute, but after getting used to Partypoker SNG's, Pokerstars are painfully slow, taking 50% longer to complete on average i believe. I know this allows the better player to win more often but not often enough to make it worth the time.

If you can jump up to the $10 level party's rake becomes comparable($10+$1),and as mentioned, you can get on Eurobet or something like that and get rakeback on that $1 if you play a lot of them. At the $5 level, stars is the way to go though for sure.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
digamma
Torchbearer

Pokerroom has $5+.50 sit & go's. It also has short handed sit & go's with five players--still 10% rake--top two positions get paid--70% and 30%.

I also like pokerroom because their multi-tables arent usually 1500 people like Party's. Instead, for a $5 or $10 multi, it's typically in the 200-400 player range, which is pretty manageable.

A final feature I like is that all tournaments start you with 1500 in chips, so you can actually play a bit before you're forced to make a move.

I haven't played any hold 'em ring games there, so I can't speak to those.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #9
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

The site you would be looking for is Bodog. They offer a unlimited %20 bonus on your deposit. Three bodog points work off each dollar of bonus. For each tourney dollar raked they give you 6 bodog points. So if you enter a 10+1 you get 6 points and work off $2 in bonus. That's right THEY pay YOU $1 for playing in the sit'n'go. Same thing goes for multitable tourneys except they usually have an overlay on top of that. Plenty of tourneys running all the time. I wouldn't recommend the ring games though as you have to contribute to the rake to get raked hands to count twoards the bonus.

Edit: math is hard

Last edited by dixieflatline : 07-21-2005 at 11:25 AM.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Does Party offer a rake back program?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
PS should have a reload bonus coming up pretty soon, in conjunction with the WCOOP they are running.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #12
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Cartman asked and he shall receive. 20% up to $120 reload bonus right now through the 28th at stars.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #13
TredWel
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Does Party offer a rake back program?

Party itself doesn't. I know there used to be a rakeback program from Party in the form of gift certificates and merchandise, but I think Party put the kibosh on it. At any rate, Party never had a cashback rakeback program.

Party skins, OTOH, do. I know both Empire and Eurobet both have rakeback programs. You can usually find affiliates who offer rates in the 25% range.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #14
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
Cartman asked and he shall receive. 20% up to $120 reload bonus right now through the 28th at stars.

respect my authoritah!!!

Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline

sweet.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #16
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Something I've been having good success at lately are the $12+$1 6 handed SNG's at Stars. Take about as long as the usual Party SNG but with less variance. They also have $15+$1 turbo tourneys, but I haven't tried them yet.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #17
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421
They also have $15+$1 turbo tourneys, but I haven't tried them yet.
Radii was telling me these are imminently beatable. Lots of weak tighties fold to your aggression at the middle levels - easy to build up a stack.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:58 PM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

The $15+$1 turbos is definitely how I will be working off my bonus. I cleaned up at them the last run I made at the(an unsustainable 50% ROI over about 100 or so) and I'm looking forward to playing them again for a little while
Old 07-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #19
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
The $15+$1 turbos is definitely how I will be working off my bonus. I cleaned up at them the last run I made at the(an unsustainable 50% ROI over about 100 or so) and I'm looking forward to playing them again for a little while

I'm hot and cold with these. I'll either be in the money in 8 out of 10, or lose 7 or 8 straight.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #20
Suicane75
Coordinator

I have promptly dropped $100 on the $32+3 Omaha8 Turbos. Time to go down to the $10+1 and grind things out.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #21
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

What are the conditions of the bonus?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #22
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
What are the conditions of the bonus?

600 FPP Points. No time limit.