Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Welcome to the 'closers' role Schill!

2-run homer for A-rod.

TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

He's clearly not ready. Forget the starting/relieving dispute; he shouldn't be pitching.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
He's clearly not ready. Forget the starting/relieving dispute; he shouldn't be pitching.

Eh. You know how those closers are... bring them into non-save situations and they are a mess
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #4
McSweeny
College Starter

he threw what? 7 or 8 splitters to Sheff and AFraud? And was hitting 87 with the fastball? I'm going to have to agree with Ksyrup
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
Philliesfan980
Banned

Dola

[rant]
Not to take anything away from this thread, but this year I actually want the Yankees to beat the Sox. The Sox have easily become one of the most annoying sports franchises of all time. They've managed to go from loveable losers to complete jerks in less than a season. Damon is a complete dirtball, Manny and Ortiz are equally becoming annoying, as is Schilling. Hell even Arryo is annoying because of his music.

Lets go Yankees!
[/rant]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

course the game jumped the shark before that. When Francona a) brought Embree into the game at all and then b) left embree in to pitch to Posada and then c) brought in Timlin with a runner in scoring position and one out. Seems like he just wanted to blow this game. Fuckin A!

but yeah, schill did look pathetic. really really bad
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
Philliesfan980
Banned

Its obvious they need this guy to compete in the post season - why not let him rest another month or two and bring him back in the middle/late August. They can obviously at least get the WC without him, but without him in the playoff's they have no shot at the WS
Old 07-15-2005, 06:23 AM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Dola

[rant]
Not to take anything away from this thread, but this year I actually want the Yankees to beat the Sox. The Sox have easily become one of the most annoying sports franchises of all time. They've managed to go from loveable losers to complete jerks in less than a season. Damon is a complete dirtball, Manny and Ortiz are equally becoming annoying, as is Schilling. Hell even Arryo is annoying because of his music.

Lets go Yankees!
[/rant]

I agree.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:41 AM   #9
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know how you can dislike Manny and Ortiz. Arroyo's a cool guy too.

I hate Francona, I hate Millar, I hate Damon. I didn't like last years team either, they got lucky as far as I'm concerned. They weren't a real solid team, just streaky as hell and caught onto one at the perfect time.

But I am a lifelong Red Sox fan and will always root for them, I just hate all the goofballs and the scrotumless manager.

I also don't think Schilling can work in the bullpen. When he starts he spends all day psyching himself up, gets himself in the mood and turns into an unapproachable asshole for a day. Then gets to the mound and blows everyone away. I don't think he can do this from the pen.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-15-2005 at 06:42 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I also don't think Schilling can work in the bullpen. When he starts he spends all day psyching himself up, gets himself in the mood and turns into an unapproachable asshole for a day. Then gets to the mound and blows everyone away. I don't think he can do this from the pen.

Maybe my ex-father-in-law was a relief pitcher?