Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
hollmt
High School Varsity

analyze my dream

ok, so i think that dreams, especially ones that are reocurring, have some meaning.

years ago i had this dream that i was at my locker in school and would always forget the combination. i had this dream for years and then finally it stopped. i guessed it had something to do with me not being able to figure out something, forgetting something, etc. etc. eventually though, i guess i took care of it and the dream stopped.

now this new dream im having, i am having it a couple times a week. i had it earlier this week and again last night and quite frankly it is driving me crazy. perhaps because it seems so real, but either way, i cant figure out what it is trying to tell me.

so here it is...

im doing regular everyday things, im either hanging around people, by myself, it doesnt really have and regular setting..the only thing that is regular is the part where my mouth is full of gum. gum is in between my teeth, on the roof of my mouth, basically it is all over ths inside of my mouth. i use my finger to pry a part of it so that i can pull it out. i begin pulling and pulling and pulling always afraid that eventually i will pull so hard i will hurt something. the gum eventually snaps and i have this wad of gum in my hand however, there is still plenty of gum in my mouth. so i begin the cycle again and pull and pull and get that chunk of gum out...but it never goes away. it continually is in my mouth.

anyway, i know im probably setting myself up for some awesome jokes and that is all fine and well...but any real opinions on what the hell this dream is about (ive been having it now for almost a year) would be great.

hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I once had a dream that a hamburger was eating ME.

what flavor is the gum?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Raven
College Prospect

Is it Bubble Yum, Wrigleys, Chiclets....?

We need more details!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that you are unable to speak with all of that gum in your mouth. So, is there something you've been wanting to get off your mind, but have been afraid/unwilling to do so? Something you need to tell a relative/girlfriend about them or yourself? Where the body is buried?

I have no clue. I took my psyche 101 class and that was it. I do remember our prof telling the story of a student who came to him with a recurring dream about going hunting and having his gun go limp in his hand. And the student had no idea what that might be about.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt
ok, so i think that dreams, especially ones that are reocurring, have some meaning.

years ago i had this dream that i was at my locker in school and would always forget the combination. i had this dream for years and then finally it stopped. i guessed it had something to do with me not being able to figure out something, forgetting something, etc. etc. eventually though, i guess i took care of it and the dream stopped.

now this new dream im having, i am having it a couple times a week. i had it earlier this week and again last night and quite frankly it is driving me crazy. perhaps because it seems so real, but either way, i cant figure out what it is trying to tell me.

so here it is...

im doing regular everyday things, im either hanging around people, by myself, it doesnt really have and regular setting..the only thing that is regular is the part where my mouth is full of gum. gum is in between my teeth, on the roof of my mouth, basically it is all over ths inside of my mouth. i use my finger to pry a part of it so that i can pull it out. i begin pulling and pulling and pulling always afraid that eventually i will pull so hard i will hurt something. the gum eventually snaps and i have this wad of gum in my hand however, there is still plenty of gum in my mouth. so i begin the cycle again and pull and pull and get that chunk of gum out...but it never goes away. it continually is in my mouth.

anyway, i know im probably setting myself up for some awesome jokes and that is all fine and well...but any real opinions on what the hell this dream is about (ive been having it now for almost a year) would be great.

So it's like the magician that just KEEPS pulling the scarves out of his pocket... hmmm... let me think about that one... if strikes me that it should be obvious.

Maybe there is an arduous, or enduring task that you're anchored with.... no matter how much you get done, you still have so much to do???

I think that is your key... now figure out what your psyche is telling you "can't get done".

-Chas
Old 07-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #6
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt

So, there's something jammed in your mouth. You pull and pull and pull on it so hard you'll afraid you'll hurt it. Eventually something snaps and you end up with a wad in your hand. The process repeats.

Hmmm... can't imagaine what your subconscious is trying to tell you Mr Cruise, er... Hollmt.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
Pyser
Pro Rookie

youre superhero gay.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Are you able to breath with all the gum in your mouth or are you suffocating? I'm guessing you're able to breath or you would have mentioned it.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #9
Klinglerware
College Starter

(In my best fake-o TV German shrink accent):

So Mr hollmt, has anything in your life changed in the past two weeks, especially around the time that you've been starting with these dreams?

Ksyrup made a pretty plausible suggestion--the big wad of gum is preventing you from speaking. Is there something you are afraid to talk about? Is someone in your life "muzzling" you, preventing you from expressing yourself or your wants?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

/agree with the speaking thing.

I also heard that if you dream about your teeth falling out, you're supposed to get sick or something.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
hollmt
High School Varsity

thanks for the jokes...i got a good few laughs out of them.

the gum has no flavor and is no particular brand, yes i can breathe, the gum is on the roof of my mouth mostly. i can speak in my dream with the gum in there. the gum isnt keeping me from doing anything else i would normally do, its just there and i want it out.

it makes sense what a couple of you said about having to get something done that i havent done yet...if that is so, then that thing that has to be done has been going on for almost a year and either i dont want to face up to it or i dont want to do it.

thanks and please continue with the jokes!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I used to dream about my teeth falling out all the time and it was horrible. I never got sick though. I can remember being freaked out because I knew that once my teeth were gone they were gone for good. I think maybe it had to do with fear of change or something.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dude, this is just like a fortune cookie. You're gonna think something like:

"I always wanted to tell the little red-headed girl I liked her."

Is it the subconscious influencing the conscious or vice versa?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Do you have a girlfriend? Could this be a marriage/commitment thing? Flavorless gum could be the key.

Ba-dum bum!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #15
hollmt
High School Varsity

not a girlfriend thing...we broke up awhile back after 3 years. ive said all i had to say to her and havent talked to her in 6 months or seen her in over a year.

on that topic...ive had two serious girlfriends that ive dated for about 3 years each. ive also had a dream where i see the one girls face, and the others voice and also vice versa.

i really dont think it has to do with her, since i think we both said our peace long ago and left it alone. but who knows...maybe im missing something.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
I used to dream about my teeth falling out all the time and it was horrible. I never got sick though. I can remember being freaked out because I knew that once my teeth were gone they were gone for good. I think maybe it had to do with fear of change or something.

I had a dream once that I was drunk in Juarez and I fell and hit my mouth on the curb. All my teeth broke out so the rest of the night my brother and I were searching Juarez for a dentist to fix my teeth.

Dream was probably influenced by American History X....

*shudder*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-14-2005 at 04:52 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #17
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'd say that this dream has something to do with the lack of closure on something. Either it's something that you're doing and can't finish, or its about someone you love and can't stop thinking about. No matter how hard you try, it/they don't go away.

My guess is that the gum represents your ex-girlfriend. Just because you haven't talked in 6 months doesn't mean you've gotten the closure that you need. Tell me, how did the relationship end?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #18
hollmt
High School Varsity

well the relationship ended because we worked together at the same store. i was a department manager and she was an associate in a different department. the entire store knew, and had no problem with it however, once the DM found out he made us decide who would leave. i offered to stay and help pay her schooling etc. etc. she felt it was an attack on her because my job was more important. after thinking it through, and realizing she had been at the job longer than i, i decided to place my 2 weeks notice in and resign my position.

2 weeks later we broke up for reasons such as these.

1) you quit your job and have no job security. she was afraid of this because her dad had gone from one job to the next.
2) you dont see things the same way i do religion wise. that was and still is true.
3) the usual, she didnt know what she wanted.

of all of the reasons the one that pissed me off the most was the first. i had alot of resentment and said many stupid things. we went through stages of not talking, trying to be friends (which doesnt work). i finally had enough and about 6 months ago sent her an email telling her what i thought and asking her to leave me alone as i would leave her alone and let things be. apparently she has agreed as i havent heard a thing from her. to be honest, ive felt pretty good about the whole thing since then. i think about her often, her mom still calls me (which i dont understand) but we never talk about my ex. i didnt date anyone for a very long time, i threw myself into work until recently ive been on a few dates with different people.

thats the story at its simplest. you are correct in the fact that i never felt there was any closure in our breakup. i never felt i got an honest reason why we separated.

Last edited by hollmt : 07-14-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #19
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I think the dream is some repressed childhood memories of being some older adult male's love toy when you were younger with the gum representing man chowder..

I Could be wrong though..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #20
Raven
College Prospect

I don't think I buy in to the whole dream analysis thing. Sure, some dreams are based on your subconcious, but I think most of the time it's nothing in particular but random thoughts.

For example, there is an Indian girl who was in one of my classes last semester. Her and I sat in the same corner of the room, and everyone in that corner talked before class every day. There were maybe 6 or 7 of us in that corner. One day her and I were were entering the commons (basically the dining hall area), and saw each so we sat and ate lunch together. We ate lunch, and chatted, then she was trying to have a religous conversation with me. I was avoiding it, and changed the subject, but she kept bringing it back up. After that, we left, and whenever I saw her in class, I said hi but avoided much conversation with her.

That was about 2.5 months ago. Once the class ended, I had gone 6 weeks without seeing or talking to her. I wasn't attracted to her in any way, so this is why things are so odd. About a week ago, I had a dream where I was in the house of some Indian family. The house was in the ghetto and there were gunshots going off outside, but the family acted completely normal about it. Then out of nowhere the girl comes down the steps, and she is wearing some neon pink shirt, neon green shorts, and rollerblades. I wanted to hang out with, but the girl couldn't because she was going roller-blading. Completely random thoughts.

If you suggest I wanted to have more religous talks with her, then that is furthest from the truth. And I definitely wasn't attracted to her, so I know I didn't want to hang out with her. I've never roller-bladed in my life, nor do I have the desire to. And about the neon non-matching outfit, I have no clue! Very odd, random thoughts all thrown together, that was all it was.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #21
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The fact that her mother still calls you is evidence that she hasn't left your life. Even though you don't talk about your ex, when the ex's mom calls, you're forced to think about your ex.

Overall that is an odd story. I'd be pissed about #1 also. The fact that the DM had a hand in breaking you up sucks ass. Unless your relationship was visibly affecting the quality of your work, your DM was a jackass. Granted, it's not the wisest thing to get involved with a co-worker, but to be forced into resignation by it is horrible.

If you started having these dreams around the time that you started dating again, there is probably a good chance that it is related to your ex. Not having a real good reason for why you two broke up probably sticks in your craw figuratively while awake and allegorically while you sleep in the form of flavorless gum.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #22
hollmt
High School Varsity

i agree with the random thought dreaming thing as well. to a point. if you are thinking of something particular, or something triggers a thought, then you can/will have the random dream.

but this dream isnt random that i am having. it is happening over and over and over again. its the same shit each time except for a minor detail being that i might be in a different location or something different is going on around me...either way this damn gum is on the roof of my mouth and i cant get rid of it no matter what i do.

this isnt a random thought/dream at all and it seriously is bothering me cause. even when im sleeping and dreaming this dream i am annoyed in my dream...its so damn aggravating.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #23
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
The first thing that jumps out at me is that you are unable to speak with all of that gum in your mouth. So, is there something you've been wanting to get off your mind, but have been afraid/unwilling to do so? Something you need to tell a relative/girlfriend about them or yourself? Where the body is buried?

I have no clue. I took my psyche 101 class and that was it. I do remember our prof telling the story of a student who came to him with a recurring dream about going hunting and having his gun go limp in his hand. And the student had no idea what that might be about.

I didnt know you liked to hunt!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #24
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I don't think I buy in to the whole dream analysis thing. Sure, some dreams are based on your subconcious, but I think most of the time it's nothing in particular but random thoughts.

For example, there is an Indian girl who was in one of my classes last semester. Her and I sat in the same corner of the room, and everyone in that corner talked before class every day. There were maybe 6 or 7 of us in that corner. One day her and I were were entering the commons (basically the dining hall area), and saw each so we sat and ate lunch together. We ate lunch, and chatted, then she was trying to have a religous conversation with me. I was avoiding it, and changed the subject, but she kept bringing it back up. After that, we left, and whenever I saw her in class, I said hi but avoided much conversation with her.

That was about 2.5 months ago. Once the class ended, I had gone 6 weeks without seeing or talking to her. I wasn't attracted to her in any way, so this is why things are so odd. About a week ago, I had a dream where I was in the house of some Indian family. The house was in the ghetto and there were gunshots going off outside, but the family acted completely normal about it. Then out of nowhere the girl comes down the steps, and she is wearing some neon pink shirt, neon green shorts, and rollerblades. I wanted to hang out with, but the girl couldn't because she was going roller-blading. Completely random thoughts.

If you suggest I wanted to have more religous talks with her, then that is furthest from the truth. And I definitely wasn't attracted to her, so I know I didn't want to hang out with her. I've never roller-bladed in my life, nor do I have the desire to. And about the neon non-matching outfit, I have no clue! Very odd, random thoughts all thrown together, that was all it was.

Sometimes a cigar . . . is just a cigar.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #25
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
Sometimes a cigar . . . is just a cigar.
Depends on where it's been (see Bill Clinton).