Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

TBCB History Utility

I just posted this over at the TBCB forum and know that some people here play the game too and would be interested.

I started on a program tonight that will take the output from the history.csv file and generate a readable list of fights.

What I plan to do is have it generate HTML files for each month of the year (in which a fight occured), have an index file, etc.

This output file should give you an idea of what I plan on doing

http://www.irregardlessproductions.com/outfile.txt

I will also have it show the weight division and if a title was on the line. Hopefully I'll get all of that done tomorrow.

A few things to keep in mind with this. The record shown next to the fighter is his record before the fight took place. But more impartantly, the game stores the win-lose-draw of the fighter when the fight took place. Reading through my example file you'll see some people with weird records.

For instance: On January 8th, 2004, Toshiki Ogawa goes into a fight with the record of 2-5. However, if you scroll down to March 1st, you'll see he has the record of 0-0. That's because when I did these fights, I had a random date put in.

So, as you can see, you'll get the most out of this program if you have been having your fights in chronological order.

So, as I said, I hope to finish this up tomorrow and have it available to everyone (All of the hard stuff is pretty much done). But things may (and do) come up so sometime next week at the very latest.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, I can't have it display KOs in the record because that's not outputed in the csv file.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-12-2005 at 01:14 AM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

Here's what it looks like so far.

http://www.irregardlessproductions.com/TBCB/index.html

Probably finish it up tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:11 AM   #3
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Nice i like what it does. I just started to get back into TBCB.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Ok guys, here it is.

http://www.irregardlessproductions.com/TBCBHistory.zip

I hope I didn't forget anything. Let me know if anyone has any problems with this. Since it's only reading off the CSV file, it doesn't interact with any of the game data files at all, so you don't have to worry about it effecting your universe.

I suggest just unzipping this into your Exchange folder since that's where the game exports the CSV file (the default location anyway)
Old 03-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

There were a couple of problems with the first release, but it's running good now according to those on the TBCB forum that use it. I have version 1.1 up now.