Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Saul Goode
n00b

Xbox 360 issues

Taking a informal poll...old news I know but I just read that 360 extended the warranty on the 360 to 3 years for the red ring problem. My 360 will "ring up" when its vertically in the air. Fine when its horizontal or laying down. It's also started freezing up a lot lately. I was wondering if anybody has dealt with microsofts warranty department and if the "ringing" is something I should worry about.

Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Well you may as well get it fixed for free if they will do it. Its a very painless process as long as you dont mind being without your 360 for a week or two.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Just call 18004MYXBOX and see what they say. Hope you haven't opened the system/voided your warranty. I'd call them ASAP. Good luck

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 08-20-2008 at 11:37 PM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

For right now they're taking the systems back without a receipt since it hasn't been three years since the release. I'd bet that once we pass that date, they'll require the receipt.

If you don't have a receipt, I'd get it taken care of ASAP.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think they know when you bought your system based on the serial number, which I assume must have been reported to them by the retailer after the initial purchase. I say this because when I got my RROD in May I went on to the website and registered my console, and somehow they knew it was purchased in October '07 (not a piece of info I entered).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Saul Goode
n00b

Thanks for the info...on the back of the Xbox it has a manufacturing date of March 06. So by process of elimination I think it is about 37 years old.
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote