Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
bryce
High School Varsity

File Migration Software

I just got new laptop, but plan on keeping and continuing to use my old desktop because I foresee transferring files to and fro the two computers as they are updated. (ie, move file to laptop, update it, then move it back to desktop - essentially, so the two computers are synched with some files.)

Is there a software that can handle this? My salesguy suckered me into PCMover, but just as I was about to install it, I fear this isn't anywhere near what I want (and the best part is I can't even return it since I broke the CD seal - awesometown!) since it looks like it will just take over eveything from the old to the new, and then that's it, you can't use it for anything else anymore.

I googled around and tried cnet, but I get bogged down. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Not sure how many files you'd be talking about, but Microsoft Groove (which comes with some versions of Office) allows you to share files and it auto-updates between all the computers whenever an update happens.

On the other hand, it's an effin' pig of your resources. So there might be some better options.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

One option is a portable hard drive and keep all local copies there.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote