Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Draft pool error

Hi guys,

In preparing for the draft it was suggested to me that I might let the AI autoselect my draft list. I went to my draft list, and selected the "ask AI for all rounds" options. And each time I do this, it crashes the game.

Is anyone else running into this?

Thanks for any help!

Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

I've noticed that there are two Gonzales's with different 1st names (I forget thier names though)...if you have one on your list, and then select the other, it removes the first one...I wonder if the two problems are related.
Either way, we have a problem/

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Hi guys,

In preparing for the draft it was suggested to me that I might let the AI autoselect my draft list. I went to my draft list, and selected the "ask AI for all rounds" options. And each time I do this, it crashes the game.

Is anyone else running into this?

Thanks for any help!

I am able to duplicate this. I'll file a bug report to OOTP boards regarding this.

Just for the record, if you don't do any draft list at all, it defaults to the AI autoselecting your draft list. So you don't -have- to hit that button.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
I've noticed that there are two Gonzales's with different 1st names (I forget thier names though)...if you have one on your list, and then select the other, it removes the first one...I wonder if the two problems are related.
Either way, we have a problem/

I can't duplicate this at all. I see a handful of people with the last name of Gonzales, but only one of them rated higher than 1 star. I was able to put every single Gonzales on my draft list with no problem.

I thought perhaps you meant there was Pedro Gonzalez and Gonzalo Gonzales and it was happening with them, but I didn't have any problems with them either.

Can you tell me specifically which two you have this issue with?

Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am able to duplicate this. I'll file a bug report to OOTP boards regarding this.

Just for the record, if you don't do any draft list at all, it defaults to the AI autoselecting your draft list. So you don't -have- to hit that button.

On this crash error, I also get the same behavior when asking the AI for one round, and not just asking for all rounds. So no one ask the AI for this draft so you don't crash and lose your progress.

As mentioned the default behavior is once your draft list is exhausted, the AI autodrafts for you anyways. The only thing lost because of this crash is the ability to ask the AI for suggestion and then be able to modify it (which in my experience doesn't work that well for suggestions anyways)

Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Got it, thanks Alan!
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I can't duplicate this at all. I see a handful of people with the last name of Gonzales, but only one of them rated higher than 1 star. I was able to put every single Gonzales on my draft list with no problem.

I thought perhaps you meant there was Pedro Gonzalez and Gonzalo Gonzales and it was happening with them, but I didn't have any problems with them either.

Can you tell me specifically which two you have this issue with?

i know one for sure was Gonzalo Gonzales, but I dont recall the other. I will have to check when I get home tonight.
Would you be able to import my export? I don't know if you can view my draft list. I'm not sure which one I ended up keeping on my list, but if it wasn't Gonzalo then we will know our other.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i know one for sure was Gonzalo Gonzales, but I dont recall the other. I will have to check when I get home tonight.
Would you be able to import my export? I don't know if you can view my draft list. I'm not sure which one I ended up keeping on my list, but if it wasn't Gonzalo then we will know our other.

Gonzalo is on your draft list. If you can drop me a PM when you get home with who the other person was and where you wanted them, I can try to see if I can add them in myself. I'm not seeing this same problem though.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gonzalo is on your draft list. If you can drop me a PM when you get home with who the other person was and where you wanted them, I can try to see if I can add them in myself. I'm not seeing this same problem though.

Think you can find them on the league HTML report?

http://omnivore.us/reports/html/leag...ol_report.html

Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I am not too concerned...as long as my export took I'll be happy.
I will try and duplicate it when I get home though...just for curiousity sake...

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Think you can find them on the league HTML report?

http://omnivore.us/reports/html/leag...ol_report.html

It would have to be Pedro...That list is pretty messed up too, but Pedro and Gonzalo are the only two 1st round worthy players.

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It would have to be Pedro...That list is pretty messed up too, but Pedro and Gonzalo are the only two 1st round worthy players.

No problem adding Pedro to your draft list for me at least. (He wasn't on it).

What is messed up about the list though?

Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

The link you gave me for the rookie pool...lots of 30 year olds in there...some of them decent players too!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The link you gave me for the rookie pool...lots of 30 year olds in there...some of them decent players too!

Oh... odd.. yeah I see what you mean on that list. Looking in the game, there are no 30 year olds in the draft.. Weird.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well either way, let me know if you aren't able to get Pedro in your draft list. Leave a hole for him where you want him and drop me a PM and I can help. I have no problems adding him to your list at all.