Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
g206029
n00b

REQ: Addition of Defensive Schemes in 2005

Wouldn't it be great to have defensive systems instead of the simple 3-4/4-3 switch? In the earlier versions you could keep a team in a scheme and watch them get better in it.

I'd like to see Jim make it where the scheme followed the defensive coordinator---so you install a system and draft according to it. The Cover-2, 4-6, 3-4, 4-3 1-gap Attack and 4-3 2-gap React could all be featured.

Of course the effectiveness of the system would be based on the players but man, I think this would be cool

g206029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I support that. I think the game goes about defenses too simplistically. There's not nearly enough variation or customization. We can set who we want for each specific offensive formation, but not for the defensive formations, and then there's just not enough to cover all of the defenses out there. I'd love to try to build a defense around a 46 in FOF the way I sometimes do with TCY.

Last edited by sabotai : 06-29-2004 at 07:40 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'll go for that, as long as I can finally play a TE in a 4/5 wideout set ala Gonzales or Shockey.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Ultimately I'd like to see overall playbook customization like Madden does or the all Front Page Football game had. Maybe not to the point of making your own plays, but allowing you to load the playbook with your own set, both O and D.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I just don't like the ability to switch from 3-4 to 4-3 without penalty. I think like the TCY offense, you should have to choose a base defense.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote