Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #251
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Finally got around to having my G/F over and she loves it First game that she actually asks me to play which is kinda cool... I just love a hot chick playing a bass :P

And another thing... she actually turns the radio to the rock channels now... another little added bonus.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #252
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Gracious but there are some shitty songs on here.
(can you tell I just sat through my son finishing Maps?)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #253
Anthony
Banned

yeah, even if they had to have songs by Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Soundgarden - the songs they picked coulda been better. this is suppsed to be rock band, not slow tempo alternative song cover band.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #254
MikeVic
Head Coach

Anyone know if this is out for the PS2 in Canada yet?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #255
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

You all are bastards...I bought this game a few days ago. If you wouldn't have continually bumped the thread, I would have been okay I used several giftcards from X-mas/my B-day and it only cost me $65 for 360, so that's pretty sweet. Only played a little on drums and some guitar. Mostly drums though. We're to tier 4 or tier 5 of songs (according to gamefaqs). Guess the easiest way to unlock more is to keep playing the multiplayer band tour mode, eh?

I also downloaded 4 songs (Buddy Holly and My Sharona among others). I love Buddy Holly and hopefully the Sharona cover doesn't totally suck. I will keep an eye on the rock band official website because they supposedly update it every Monday morning with the new set of songs for that week. Here's to hoping there are some songs I truly care about...right now I'm just kind of along for the ride, as this isn't my kind of music (though I do like Weezer).

I can't imagine doing drums on anything other than medium, and I'm rhythmically talented. We'll see after I get some QT with them.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #256
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://www.otronicon.org/InDash_Display.aspx?PGID=440

Guy full converts a drum set to work with Rock Band. How tough are his drums? He plays two songs with MONKEY WRENCHES for drumsticks and no damage!

Damn....

and I need to catch up with my RockBand song buying
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #257
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

So I've had Rock Band for 3 days and me and my girl have been doing mainly drums & vocals. We've played maybe 20 songs on the guitar. So we had some friends over and were playing all the instruments...and the strum bar on the guitar stopped working I'm on ea.com to get a replacement...but this does NOT rock. Glad it made it through maybe 90 minutes of gametime... We'll see how this replacement thing goes.

Lame.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #258
Voo
Mascot

The replacement is pretty painless, it took about a week for me to get both the drums and my guitar replaced. I wonder how many guitars they've had to replace, seems everyone I know that has the game has sent a guitar in.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #259
SackAttack
Head Coach

What's odd is Harmonix sent me two guitars (one in the bundle, a second one so we could get four players going). The one in the bundle needs to get replaced, but the extra one they sent me appears to be working fine.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #260
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dola,

The second guitar arrived two days after the bundle did, for what that's worth. I don't know if the bundle had just been sitting around awaiting shipment, and the second guitar was from a corrected batch, or what.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #261
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sounds right Josh...from everything I've read. Harmonix has said that only the *initial* shipment was messed up. Here's to hoping nobody else has to have an instrument replaced
Old 01-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #262
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
So I've had Rock Band for 3 days and me and my girl have been doing mainly drums & vocals. We've played maybe 20 songs on the guitar. So we had some friends over and were playing all the instruments...and the strum bar on the guitar stopped working I'm on ea.com to get a replacement...but this does NOT rock. Glad it made it through maybe 90 minutes of gametime... We'll see how this replacement thing goes.

Lame.

Our guitar made it a bit longer than yours but the strummer did break. I submitted a tech request on Jan 6th and was given an RMA that day. However it is now the 12th and they haven't shipped me my empty box yet. I went with the "standard" exchange instead of the $125 charge to my credit card because I figured with 2 day shipping I'd be good to go in a week any way. I was wrong.

Contacted EA and got a reply today that the normal time before a standard replacement puts a working guitar in my hands is three weeks
He said it may even take a few more days than that due to the "holiday rush" so I'm guessing they are quite busy replacing many guitars. Not sure what this means if you went with the credit card option (1 -2 weeks?). I have read on some boards guys posting "the bastards have my CC number and it's been a week and I still don't have a guitar". With what this has to costing them I hope whoever decided to go with the cheaper design is looking for a job

Luckily I'm staying busy with COD4 for the 360 (present from my daughter) and "The Godfather, the Don's edition" for the ps3 (the first video game my wife has ever bought me and I've been gaming for years, maybe she's finally seeing the light). Thought like most movie inspired games the Godfather might suck but it's really a lot of fun. Kind of like playing GTA but with gangsters you know
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #263
Ironhead
College Prospect

The strummer on our guitar broke on Monday and I put a ticket in for the express replacement that night. The new guitar shipped on Friday night and should be here on Monday. So about a week to get one by the express shipment. Fine by me considering it is not costing me a penny and I am perfectly happy playing the drums.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-12-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #264
Voo
Mascot

If I recall correctly it took about 5 days after I got the tracking # for the box to actually ship on the express option. Sadly I'll be able to find out again, as my whammy bar has gone umm...limp. Thankfully a few well placed rubberbands fixes the issue for the meantime, but I'll soon be on to guitar #3.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #265
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone try something like this yet?

http://www.rockbanddrumpads.com/
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #266
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Anyone try something like this yet?

http://www.rockbanddrumpads.com/

If you are thinking of getting something to dampen the sound then by most accounts foam isn't the way to go. If you head over to the official Rock Band forums read up on threads about gum rubber.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-13-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #267
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
If you are thinking of getting something to dampen the sound then by most accounts foam isn't the way to go. If you head over to the official Rock Band forums read up on threads about gum rubber.

Actually, the sound doesn't bother me since I always have my stereo turned up loud.. just wondered if these really work.

Thanks for the info though, might have to check that out as sometimes the kids like to play when I'm trying to nap.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #268
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Played for about 4 hours yesterday. I was mainly on drums, girlfriend & neighbor-friend split time on vocals/guitar/bass (I bought GHero 2 with guitar for $72). When the new guitar arrives, I'll use the GH one for bass and the nicer one for lead guitar.

Lotsa fun. Can't wait til we play some 4-player. I'm nervous about the tour mode, because there's no way we can play past medium difficulty.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #269
MikeVic
Head Coach

I played this for the first time ever on Friday at a friend's cousin's house.

One of the guitars had the strumming messed up, and it felt like every down strum wasn't recorded. I read a bit about it since I know there were quality issues, and this appears to be one of those things that are covered by warranty.

Can someone point me to a URL that'll handle this exchange?

Thanks.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #270
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

hxxp://support.ea.com/rockband
Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #271
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

fwiw I got this three days ago and my guitar messed up around the same time as the internet said it would. Seems they would've fixed it by now, if they were going to.

Also, this game rocks. I withstood all the Guitar Hero nonsense, and thought there was no way I could get into a game like this . . . until I played it for ten minutes at Best Buy. Fucking hell this is sweet.

I use drums mostly, and I can get 95% or higher on medium after a day or so, but hard whoops me like I've never been whooped before. Except for Maps, because I like that song and pay attention to it's drums when I listen to it. It's cool that songs I know are easier for me. Good times.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #272
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen View Post
fwiw I got this three days ago and my guitar messed up around the same time as the internet said it would. Seems they would've fixed it by now, if they were going to.

Also, this game rocks. I withstood all the Guitar Hero nonsense, and thought there was no way I could get into a game like this . . . until I played it for ten minutes at Best Buy. Fucking hell this is sweet.

I use drums mostly, and I can get 95% or higher on medium after a day or so, but hard whoops me like I've never been whooped before. Except for Maps, because I like that song and pay attention to it's drums when I listen to it. It's cool that songs I know are easier for me. Good times.

I would say that as long as you have decent rhythm and coordination you will be able to drum on hard. The cool thing about this game is that the effects of practice are very noticable. The practice mode is also very useful because once you reduce the speed of the song below 100% all you hear is the drum track which makes it easier to pick up the beat.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #273
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Count me in as one of the ones with a bum guitar. Had a mess of family at the house last weekend. 14 people. Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. The Rock Band guitar crapped out on us. But luckily I had the GH2 and GH3 guitars, so we could still have a full compliment of 4 playing. During the weekend, the game was in use probably about 20 hours in total.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #274
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Quote:
I would say that as long as you have decent rhythm and coordination you will be able to drum on hard. The cool thing about this game is that the effects of practice are very noticable. The practice mode is also very useful because once you reduce the speed of the song below 100% all you hear is the drum track which makes it easier to pick up the beat.

Yeah, I agree. I'm going through the medium tour, not moving on until I get 5 stars on a song. Of the few I've had to retry, after like two or three attempts I start to learn the tricky parts and don't need to sight read. That might be the coolest thing about the game, just learning it and playing along with the song. I can pretty much make it through 29 Fingers now (I love that one) only needing to watch the screen for knowing if it's one blue beat or two after a snare beat.

And after I accidentally chose hard on Maps and struggled with it, I went into practice at about 80% and got most of it. I still have problems missing a note on a tricky part then just sitting there banging on random pads like an idiot until I catch myself back up a few seconds later. But I can get through Maps pretty well now.

I just watched Tom Saywer on experto n YouTube and I want to cry. I will never be good enough to do that.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:49 AM   #275
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So, I've noticed that there's now a PC version of GH3. Will the same be forthcoming for Rock Band?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #276
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

HOLEEEE FUCK!

Here's this week's DLC list

This week at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) we have-

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)

"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover)

"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

The MONKEES!!! Markout moment
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #277
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Heh. I'll probably download the other two.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #278
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

First week I'll download 2 songs by 2 different artists (Monkees and Blink). Hopefully the Monkees being on there is a sign that more older songs (pre-70's) are on their way to Rock Band.

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 01-14-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #279
BigMak
n00b

I just got my replacement guitar and it is in worse shape than the one I am sending back.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #280
dervack
College Prospect

For all you rockband lovers, apparently Gamestop had a kit on their website that's supposed to be released in June that includes a stagelight and smoke machine. You know, so you can feel part of an actual band.

It's been removed for now, but lives on forever at http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/13/r...d-by-gamestop/

Last edited by dervack : 01-15-2008 at 08:50 AM.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #281
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I downloaded Action and All the Small Things. They're both quality tunes.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #282
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Gracious but there are some shitty songs on here.
(can you tell I just sat through my son finishing Maps?)

Quite the different experience for you and I it seems- after playing Rock Band for two straight days, I'm off to buy that Yeah Yeah Yeahs CD- Maps is a great song
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #283
korme
Go Reds

How much does it cost to D/L 1 song?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #284
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It's 160 Xbox Live points for one song, or $2.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #285
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
HOLEEEE FUCK!

Here's this week's DLC list

This week at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) we have-

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)

"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover)

"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

The MONKEES!!! Markout moment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #286
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

rest of this mont.. according to kotaku

First up are a trio of tracks from Oasis, "Don't Look Back in Anger," "Live Forever," and "Wonderwall." They'll be available the week of January 22nd to Rock Band owners,

For the following week, Harmonix brings us the "Progressive Pack", featuring "Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins, "Working Man" as made famous by Rush, and "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)" as made famous by Coheed and Cambria.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #287
Pyser
Pro Rookie

oasis, sweet

still waiting for muse or system of a down.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #288
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Where is some ZEPPELIN ????

GH / RockBand .... noone has any fricken Zeppelin !!!!!
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #289
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Here is my MELT YOUR FACE OFF pack.....

Stranglehold - Nugent
Whole Lotta Rosie - ACDC
Bottom's Up - Van Halen
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #290
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New song list for March was leaked................

Quote:
Week of Mar. 4: Thrash Pack (440 MS points/ $5.50)

Blinded By Fear - At The Gates (160 MS points/ $2)
Thrasher - Evile (160 MS points/ $2)
Shadow World - Haunted (160 MS Points / $2)

Week of Mar. 11: Singles

Shooting Star - Bad Company *Cover* (160 MS points/ $2)
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd (160 MS points/ $2)
Message In A Bottle - Police (160 MS Points / $2)

Week of Mar. 18: Nine Inch Nails Pack (440 MS points/ $5.50)

March Of The Pigs (160 MS points/ $2)
The Collector (160 MS points/ $2)
The Perfect Drug (160 MS Points / $2)

Week of Mar. 25: Metal Pack (440 MS points/ $5.50)

Wrathchild - Ironmaiden *Cover* (160 MS points/ $2)
Supernaut - Black Sabbath *Cover* (160 MS points/ $2)
Fuel - Metallica (160 MS Points / $2)
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #291
Ironhead
College Prospect

If anyone is up for some band quickplay tonight Starbuck (vocals) and I (drums) will be online in a while. Just send me an invite and we will invite you into the band. Gamertag is Ironhead34.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #292
Flasch186
Coordinator

damnit, I wouldve but i just got suckered into a game of Rumikub.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #293
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I dig Rumikub

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #294
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'd be interested in getting a band together if folks want. Send me a PM if folks still want to do it.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #295
Flasch186
Coordinator

we played with loser has to clean the kitchen and I played like a true champion, a true warrior!! Best Ive ever played!! Warrior!!! I am not cleaning, 3R is, WOOHOO!!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #296
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Mmmmmmmm, Siva....

I love playing drums on Cherub Rock. The first time I made it through on hard I felt possessed by Jimmy Chamberlain.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #297
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Green Grass and High Tides is now renamed "Eye Strain and Hand Cramps"

God, we played three songs after GGHT (which I saw SA fail a song for the first time ever in that song), and my hands are STILL cramping.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #298
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

So I see the songs for March, but where would I find what is coming out in February?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #299
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
So I see the songs for March, but where would I find what is coming out in February?

I don't believe they've released any info on that yet.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #300
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Green Grass and High Tides is now renamed "Eye Strain and Hand Cramps"

God, we played three songs after GGHT (which I saw SA fail a song for the first time ever in that song), and my hands are STILL cramping.

It was fun jamming with you guys. I am online a lot so if you ever see me just send an invite and I will jump in.