Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 AM   #201
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Returned Rockband PS2
Traded in my PS2, XBOX, 2 PS2 guitars, old sports games

Got PS3 Rockband bundle.

Netted the bundle plus 2 cents on a gift card I couldn't have made it come out any closer if I had tried!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #202
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Is there some trick to getting it to see the mic? It's plugged in but it doesn't "see" it...
Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #203
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Is there some trick to getting it to see the mic? It's plugged in but it doesn't "see" it...

have to have a controller on as well, since there are no buttons on the mic, it uses the controller that is turned on.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #204
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Yep. make sure you have a controller plugged in and turned on. You control the mic with the 360 controller.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #205
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I have a PS3 I usually have the drums, guitar, and mic plugged in but it won't see the mic no matter where I put it plugged in.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #206
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I have a PS3 I usually have the drums, guitar, and mic plugged in but it won't see the mic no matter where I put it plugged in.

Deal with it.

Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #207
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Deal with it.

Cowboy up
Old 12-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #208
Ironhead
College Prospect

Officially hooked. Been playing for about 3 hours. Going back for more.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #209
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing since I got home from work.. about 6 hours ago.. only stopping to eat.

Neighbors came over and have been playing for the last hour or so, they are going out tomorrow to pick it up if they can find it because I told them it's going to be a LONG time before I let it out of the house.

Greatest console game I've ever played.. yes I can say this after only 4 days.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-27-2007 at 10:33 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #210
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

The family's BAND has now hit the max fans at medium, have to step it up and try hard now. got to get more fans, we have the Jet, PR Firm, sound guy, body guards but still cant play the BIG arenas yet till we get our fan base up to like 500K.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #211
sabotai
General Manager

I need to stay out of this thread.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #212
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The AAR songs are cool to play.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:06 PM   #213
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Got my GH 3 wireless guitar today, the FULL MizzouRah family band is now complete... MUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #214
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
The family's BAND has now hit the max fans at medium, have to step it up and try hard now. got to get more fans, we have the Jet, PR Firm, sound guy, body guards but still cant play the BIG arenas yet till we get our fan base up to like 500K.

Seeing this, and Josh posting earlier to do different tours, or something, leads me to believe that the PS2 version is vastly different than the 360 version. Either that, or you need to do the Tour mode with a full band.

In my solo career, I don't have any arenas, I don't have any fans, I don't unlock anything but more songs. It isn't even as "complex" as the original Guitar Hero's "move to another venue" system -- it seems that the venues we play are random, and that all I am doing is unlocking more songs. Am I missing something?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #215
Anthony
Banned

i'm in the same boat as you vince. i think there's more of a "career" mode when you do the multiplayer "Band Tour". the solo tour is very bland and vanilla. it sucks cuz it sounds like Band Tour is where most of the fun is.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:28 PM   #216
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Got this at 2pm today and stopped playing at 10pm (with a break for dinner). Having a blast with my 9 yr old on lead guitar, me on drums and the wife and 6 year old on vocals. Haven't laughed this hard in a good long time. Really a lot of fun!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #217
Voo
Mascot

My brother bought me a mic stand for christmas, and now Im doing a band mode solo medium on the mic and expert on guitar. Im having a blast it really creates a new challenge.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #218
Ironhead
College Prospect

I think the guitar that came with the game might be broken. I can't seem to go into overdrive even when my energy bar is more than half full. No matter how much I raise the neck of the guitar up nothing happens. I do hear what sounds like a small piece of something rattling in the body of the guitar. Anyone else run into this?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #219
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I think the guitar that came with the game might be broken. I can't seem to go into overdrive even when my energy bar is more than half full. No matter how much I raise the neck of the guitar up nothing happens. I do hear what sounds like a small piece of something rattling in the body of the guitar. Anyone else run into this?

Oh yes. It was by accident that I figured out I had to hit the "select" button to get overdrive to kick in.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #220
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Seeing this, and Josh posting earlier to do different tours, or something, leads me to believe that the PS2 version is vastly different than the 360 version. Either that, or you need to do the Tour mode with a full band.

In my solo career, I don't have any arenas, I don't have any fans, I don't unlock anything but more songs. It isn't even as "complex" as the original Guitar Hero's "move to another venue" system -- it seems that the venues we play are random, and that all I am doing is unlocking more songs. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i'm in the same boat as you vince. i think there's more of a "career" mode when you do the multiplayer "Band Tour". the solo tour is very bland and vanilla. it sucks cuz it sounds like Band Tour is where most of the fun is.

You don't have to do World Band Tour with a 'full' band. My brother and I have progressed through it with one of us on drums and the other on guitar. It's a multiplayer component, but it's not one you can currently enjoy on Xbox Live/PlayStation Network. I think everybody hopes that changes in the near future.

The PS2 version is gimped compared to its big brothers, but I don't know if the gimping includes the loss of World Band Tour.

Solo tour on the 360 is pretty straightforward. Unlock songs (which you can then play in quickplay, practice and online). Heck, about half the songs that are playable in solo mode appear to be 'unlockable' through the Rio de Janeiro bonus tour. I think there were only 30 or so of the 58 that are available on easy complete when I finished the drum solo tour. I suspect that number grows with the addition of DLC, since that gets put into the Rio tour, but even so.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:05 AM   #221
Vince
Pro Starter

I haven't had a chance to really mess with it, but it seems that PS2 is in fact gimped that much. I have no idea what the Rio de Janeiro bonus tour is.

The solo modes are definitely different between each other, however. On Drums, Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi is available immediately in your first set of songs, while on guitar it's not available until like the 6th or 7th set.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #222
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Got my GH 3 wireless guitar today, the FULL MizzouRah family band is now complete... MUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

What I was waiting for as well got a GH3 guitar since the rockband one doesnt work on GH3. But now I ran into the problem with the original RB Guitar wont strum down just up. Took this back to best buy today for a replacement but they were all out of 360 editions so I have to come back so the only up strum one has now become the bass.

The Hayes clan band....

Craig ( me ) 44 on drums
Daughter 12 on vocals
Son 18 on bass
Son 16 on guitar

I like the fact any combo of 2-3-4 can pplay the tour, I havent tried solo yet but went online with the drums to challange but it seems everyone on drums wants to play on expert and they roast my nuts...LOL

this might not be a hint for everyone but I found several rum and cokes and I start playing much better on the drums. LOL
Old 12-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #223
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

BTW anyone got the downloadable songs yet?

I am gona grab the sabbith block this weekend ( 3 songs I think )
Old 12-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #224
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I was waiting for as well got a GH3 guitar since the rockband one doesnt work on GH3. But now I ran into the problem with the original RB Guitar wont strum down just up. Took this back to best buy today for a replacement but they were all out of 360 editions so I have to come back so the only up strum one has now become the bass.

The Hayes clan band....

Craig ( me ) 44 on drums
Daughter 12 on vocals
Son 18 on bass
Son 16 on guitar

I like the fact any combo of 2-3-4 can pplay the tour, I havent tried solo yet but went online with the drums to challange but it seems everyone on drums wants to play on expert and they roast my nuts...LOL

this might not be a hint for everyone but I found several rum and cokes and I start playing much better on the drums. LOL

Same thing happened to my guitar strummer where it gets stuck going down. I went to EA's support page for rock band, and it took about 5 minutes to get a replacement RMA'd to me via UPS. It is painless and really easy to do and I would recommend it for you too.

There are two options, you can do express delivery where it puts a $125.00 hold on your credit card and ships the replacement guitar to you in one business day (you have to return the broken one in 28 days to have the hold removed), or you can do the slower method of shipping your broken one back and they will then ship you a new one.

Pretty decent support
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #225
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Any one want to do a 360 Band tonight? I have all the songs, but want to get a band goin tonight for fun.

If so, I call one of the guitar folks
Old 12-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #226
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Same thing happened to my guitar strummer where it gets stuck going down. I went to EA's support page for rock band, and it took about 5 minutes to get a replacement RMA'd to me via UPS. It is painless and really easy to do and I would recommend it for you too.

There are two options, you can do express delivery where it puts a $125.00 hold on your credit card and ships the replacement guitar to you in one business day (you have to return the broken one in 28 days to have the hold removed), or you can do the slower method of shipping your broken one back and they will then ship you a new one.

Pretty decent support

im gonna have to do this as the guitar strummer is really bad going down. Almost feels like there is something in there pushing back against the strummer.

...and done. Easiest customer service Ive experienced in a long long time. Better than Bank of America who told me that they tore a check I deposited and therefore are taking the monies out of my account. I said, "you tore it, not me" and they basically said tough shit.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 12-29-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #227
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Any one want to do a 360 Band tonight? I have all the songs, but want to get a band goin tonight for fun.

If so, I call one of the guitar folks

I'm game but have only been playing the game for a couple of days. Don't blame me if I crash the band.

Gamertag is Ironhead34.

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-29-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #228
Ironhead
College Prospect

dola

The Falconers, with Starbuck on bass and me on drums, tore up New York tonight. To the time machiiiiiiiiiine!

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-30-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:01 AM   #229
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Well tonight one of the pads on the drum quit working along with the down strum on the guitar, I am just gona package the whole thing back up in the box. Take it back to best buy and they will hand me a brand new game...well as soon as they get their next shipment in...LOL

I also grabed the Metallica and Black Sabbith download packages along with Juke Box hero and Joker/Theif... now I gona have to wait a week to play these new songs.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:12 AM   #230
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

For those that would like pads for the drums....

http://rockbanddrumpads.com/

I would also recomend this for the drummers out their....

http://www.zildjian.com/en-US/produc...productID=2160

Designed specifically for use with most electronic drumkits and features Zildjian's vibration dampening technology of maximum comfort and control.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:39 AM   #231
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think we get the picture.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #232
Flasch186
Coordinator

im beginning to hate the plastic sound that my drum pads give off. I wonder if there is some ripoff $30 item that will get me a richer, deeper, less plastic-y sound.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #233
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
For those that would like pads for the drums....

http://rockbanddrumpads.com/

I would also recomend this for the drummers out their....

http://www.zildjian.com/en-US/produc...productID=2160

Designed specifically for use with most electronic drumkits and features Zildjian's vibration dampening technology of maximum comfort and control.

What?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #234
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
im beginning to hate the plastic sound that my drum pads give off. I wonder if there is some ripoff $30 item that will get me a richer, deeper, less plastic-y sound.

LOL
Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #235
Voo
Mascot

Well atleast the picture of the drumset taught me where to put my drumsticks.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #236
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

Cheap, used drum set at a garage sale?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-02-2008 at 07:52 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #237
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

FINALLY picked this one up last night... and now I fully understand all the hype. The drums are so fun to play and after awhile they really do hurt! It's more my foot than arms, but its all sore today

Made a band with my 2 roommates called Double Penetration (male and female)... Thinking about getting a mic stand so one of us can sing as well to make it a full band experience.

This game definately seems like it has more legs than the Guitar hero series did.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #238
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
Made a band with my 2 roommates called Double Penetration (male and female)... Thinking about getting a mic stand so one of us can sing as well to make it a full band experience.

Dude...awesome.

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #239
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
FINALLY picked this one up last night... and now I fully understand all the hype. The drums are so fun to play and after awhile they really do hurt! It's more my foot than arms, but its all sore today

This game definately seems like it has more legs than the Guitar hero series did.

Did you get a notice that you couldn't use that band name online? My drummer's name is Richard Weed and I always get a notice that I can't use that name online.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #240
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

We haven't tried to go online with it... where we were had no internet.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #241
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whammy Ass & the Breeding Pine Trees took to the stage over New Years, and rocked out.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #242
Flasch186
Coordinator

I have a PS3 and am looking to play MP with someone. I havnt done this before so Im not quite sure how (do I add you as a friend outside the game first?). Lemme know if someone would like to play (id like to play drums but can play guitar too, well I could sing too I guess.)

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #243
Ironhead
College Prospect

Moved up to hard mode on guitar tonight and boy did it suck. After about 2 or 3 hours in practice mode I am slowly getting the hang of moving my hand to use the 5th fret. Still having issues with my hand "getting lost" though. Can't even fathom playing guitar on expert.

Anyone have pictures of their in game characters, band logos or art they have created?

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-05-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #244
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Stupid question (for a bigtime gamer like myself) but (on 360) is the guitar from Guitar Hero compatible with Rock Band and vice versa? I know what a big deal it was that they wouldn't release a patch to make the PS3 version compatible with both games. If I'm gonna shell out the big bucks to get Rock Band, I'd at least like to rent Guitar Hero (if for no other reason than to play the Halo theme )

I have a bunch of Target giftcards from the last year and I may have enough to get it with those...and if I do, I blame this thread
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #245
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

360: GH3 Guitar works with RB: RB guitar does NOT work with GH.
PS3: No compatibility.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #246
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Lame!

Thanks for the info though.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #247
Ironhead
College Prospect

A Pink Floyd shirt I made for my drummer.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #248
Ironhead
College Prospect

dola

One of the bass guitars that I made for Starbuck:

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #249
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Well my drum pedal snapped in half the other night, did the EA support thing and have a new one on the way, my guitar never worked right- i had 2 guitar hero guitars I've been using so I got them to send me a new guitar also...

The drum pedal really pisses me off, it was never abused or anything- the person who plays drums 95% of the time is my roommates girlfriend who is a small girl... It's just not the same with out anyone playing drums.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #250
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Picked up the PS2 bundle at Gamestop tonight, as my son spent his Christmas cash from his grandparents.

Finally got a rare gaming upper hand on him too, as my first turn at the drums (on Easy) was completed while he had been flunking out around 30%. Regained a few of the cool points I had lost in the various incarnations of GH