Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #101
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I don't know if the PS2 version is going to be available game-only. I haven't heard anything about how it's going to be sold, only that it's going to be available in December.

They have it listed on best buy for game only on the 12th for $49.99
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #102
Raiders Army
Coordinator

For you Canadians, wait until after December 17th to buy it. Word is that EA will not support the game until after the Canadian release date. That's stupid.

Also, it seems as if EA Violet has surfaced as tech support to the Rock Band community. That sucks since she hasn't provided any news about the Madden patch in over a month. She isn't exactly the most informative person...especially when the going gets rough.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:11 AM   #103
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Finished easy on my solo carrer, onto medium witch unlocks some great songs so now I can play Rush, Boston, Metallica, who in BAND mode. Scorning a solid 4-4.5 stars on drums(medium)... hell some songs I can almost play it with out looking at the notes..LOL

I just tried Enter Sandman on Hard on gutar for an hour and still cant get thru the whole song..man my hand is cramping bad.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #104
Vince
Pro Starter

The PS2 version is available in both big package and game-only -- I have the whole shebang on pre-order for my little sister's christmas gift.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #105
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Is there a way to 'record' the song as you perform it (especially the vocals you sing) and play it back later?

Anyone?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #106
SackAttack
Head Coach

Say, I discovered last night - you know those mystery setlists in the different venues? Anything you buy can be and will be inserted into those setlists. I was playing World Band Tour on Hard with my brother, and oh, look, "Ride the Lightning."

We got skunked.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #107
Voo
Mascot

Quote:
Say, I discovered last night - you know those mystery setlists in the different venues? Anything you buy can be and will be inserted into those setlists. I was playing World Band Tour on Hard with my brother, and oh, look, "Ride the Lightning."

We got skunked.

I had this same type of thing happen to my group on Saturday night, except we got Joker & The Thief and there was much rejoicing. Speaking of which..here's a clip(actually 3 spliced together) of a live performance in Fort Wayne that I recorded with my phone. Watch the sound, kind of loud.

Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #108
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI to those that already have Guitar Hero. It appears that there are multiple versions of both the guitar and drums in the Rock Band packs. One version of the guitar and drums appears to be having a lot of failure issues. Here's a thread that shows pictures of the various guitars. You should be able to tell which model you have based on the pictures. I would expect something from Harmonix in the next few weeks with a possible resolution to the problem.

http://community.rockband.com/vbforu...ead.php?t=9692
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #109
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Knew I should've jumped on this earlier... Am now having a very tough time trying to locate a bundle for either the PS3 or 360
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #110
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Knew I should've jumped on this earlier... Am now having a very tough time trying to locate a bundle for either the PS3 or 360

I was in the Best Buy in Sioux Falls, South Dakota yesterday. They didn't have any ps3 bundles but they had a pallet and a half size display stacked 4 feet high of 360 bundles. I'd guess you'd get about 10 boxes per layer on a pallet so they had somewhere around 60+ bundles on their display.

No, it won't help you but I thought I'd mention it so guys know that there are still some out there.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #111
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I was in the Best Buy in Sioux Falls, South Dakota yesterday. They didn't have any ps3 bundles but they had a pallet and a half size display stacked 4 feet high of 360 bundles. I'd guess you'd get about 10 boxes per layer on a pallet so they had somewhere around 60+ bundles on their display.

No, it won't help you but I thought I'd mention it so guys know that there are still some out there.

That is good to know, guess I'll just have to do the regular internet check / call all the local stores until I can pick one up. Shouldn't be too hard to find it before christmas since I could take either 360 or Ps3
Old 11-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #112
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I just solo'd BWT mode.. only finished the first city.. even on easy, trying to sing and playguitar at the same time is HARD.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:16 AM   #113
Voo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I just solo'd BWT mode.. only finished the first city.. even on easy, trying to sing and playguitar at the same time is HARD.

It is hard, but it is also so much fun. One thing I've noticed is how completely crappy the standard xbox headset is compared to the mic that comes with rock band. I've been thinking of getting a mic stand, but Im finding it hard to justify buying it.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #114
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

OK so i'm probably just dumb here- but I was able to pick up the game, been playing it for a few hours, but I can't seem to find how to / where to buy songs. Basically I want Juke Box Hero...but a bunch of others would be nice. I've completed a few sets on the guitar, 1 singing, and about to start a drum one...just wondering how I get to the good stuff.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #115
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Do you think the game will hold the interest or be one of those "toys" that after the initial newness wears off, gathers dust?
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #116
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
Do you think the game will hold the interest or be one of those "toys" that after the initial newness wears off, gathers dust?

You know I really thought it would be one of those dust gatherers, but I'm still enthralled by just the guitar, and this is the 4th installment of that and it's really not declining. Add in the drums and singing and I think the longevity shoots up.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #117
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

It's not cheap, so that is good to hear. It looks to take up space as well, but if people were actually playing the hell out of it, it would be worth it.
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #118
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I thought that the game would have online co-op play from the beginning. If I understood what I've read, it seems that this is not a feature yet. Maybe when they get this into the game, I'll think about buying it. For now, I admittedly don't have any friends and nobody likes me, so I would be playing alone. I could just beat on a saucepot with a wooden spoon and have as much fun.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #119
flounder
High School Varsity

It has online co-op quickplay, just no online co-op tour mode.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #120
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
OK so i'm probably just dumb here- but I was able to pick up the game, been playing it for a few hours, but I can't seem to find how to / where to buy songs. Basically I want Juke Box Hero...but a bunch of others would be nice. I've completed a few sets on the guitar, 1 singing, and about to start a drum one...just wondering how I get to the good stuff.

Two ways. If you're on the Xbox 360, you can do it directly from the Xbox Live Marketplace (which is how I grabbed it). You should also be able to choose 'community' from the main menu, and then there should be an option for downloadable content there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I thought that the game would have online co-op play from the beginning. If I understood what I've read, it seems that this is not a feature yet. Maybe when they get this into the game, I'll think about buying it. For now, I admittedly don't have any friends and nobody likes me, so I would be playing alone. I could just beat on a saucepot with a wooden spoon and have as much fun.

Online co-op is absolutely there. Fozzie and I have been rocking it.

It's Band World Tour with all the neat extras that's not enabled yet.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #121
Pyser
Pro Rookie

this is the most fun ive ever had playing a video game.

the drums are sick.

sick sick sick.

sick.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #122
BigMak
n00b

Cannot find either this game or Guitar Hero anywhere
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #123
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like EA is having some issues replacing the broken guitars and drum sets. They're offering consumers free EA games to keep them pacified until they can catch up and get the replacement instruments out. Replacement times are currently running 2-3 weeks.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rock-band/e...afu-328898.php
Old 12-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #124
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Confirmed, I just received that email on Friday. Hopefully my guitar arrives today. I doubt the free game will be a current release.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #125
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Confirmed, I just received that email on Friday. Hopefully my guitar arrives today. I doubt the free game will be a current release.

Post what game it is once you receive it. I'm curious which games they'll be giving away.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #126
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think it's Head Coach. :P

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-03-2007 at 12:43 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #127
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well I did get the guitar today. I'm going to go abuse it through a gauntlet of expert songs to see if it'll break.

No free game in the box, so I assume they will coordinate that later.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #128
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Is it bad that I want some Def Leppard songs so I can one hand the drums?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #129
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

Growning up I always thought of DefLep as fluffy girly rock but I seen them live last summer and it was an awsome concert. The one armed drummer dude realy kicked ass.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:24 AM   #130
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

In that train of thought, has anyone every played 'One Hand or Two Hands'? Great party game. Everytime a Def Leppard song comes on, you try to guess whether the drummer has one or two hands for that song. Great, mindless fun.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #131
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That would be pretty easy if you know Def Leppard at all, unless you're doing it with obscure songs.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #132
Flasch186
Coordinator

First night of Chanukkah and the wife got me ROCK BAND for the PS3!!

Rufus Bournstein coming to a city near you!!!

Ashley on Guitar, me on drums...

---referencing to another thread I had today I'd like to point out that it is possible to play videogames with the wifey

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #133
Lonnie
High School Varsity

This just in:

Greetings Rocker,

You recently received an e-mail from us regarding the status of your Rock Band shipment and our offer to also send you a FREE EA GAME. We trust that by this time your guitar has arrived and you’re rocking out!

We are working diligently to create a process to allow you to pick your FREE EA Game. Given that this is by far the busiest month of the year for our customer support team, we are still working out the final details – but we just wanted to let you know that you can expect an email with a list of available EA Titles and how to place your order for your FREE EA Game soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Rock Band Team at Harmonix, MTV and EA
Old 12-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #134
Flasch186
Coordinator

i suck on the drums but I like banging on hem like im a monkey.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So.. I think I am the parent of the year.. My wife and I decided to get Rock Band for the oldest daughter. She loved guitar hero when we borrowed my brother in law's for a while. We really didn't want to buy video games this year for her.. we've been trying to encourage her to spend more time doing active things.. We figured this game would be something that she could do with us though and not just play a game by herself....

Well, go figure, my wife and I decided to "try it out" tonight before hand. .. and we ended up playing it for 4 hours.. woops. Its going to be santa's present for her for christmas, so was going to be out of the box anyways, so we broke down and did it.... I have a feeling we'll end up liking it more than her..

So how horrible of a parent am I? That said, my wife wants to know how to unlock Dani California.. lol..
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #136
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok.

so if you actualy know how to play an instument ( drums) is this game any fun?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #137
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

From what I could tell upthread, drums seems to relate pretty well to the real instrument.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #138
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So.. I think I am the parent of the year.. My wife and I decided to get Rock Band for the oldest daughter. She loved guitar hero when we borrowed my brother in law's for a while. We really didn't want to buy video games this year for her.. we've been trying to encourage her to spend more time doing active things.. We figured this game would be something that she could do with us though and not just play a game by herself....

Well, go figure, my wife and I decided to "try it out" tonight before hand. .. and we ended up playing it for 4 hours.. woops. Its going to be santa's present for her for christmas, so was going to be out of the box anyways, so we broke down and did it.... I have a feeling we'll end up liking it more than her..

So how horrible of a parent am I? That said, my wife wants to know how to unlock Dani California.. lol..

Alan, I *think* Dani California gets unlocked if you play through the Rio de Janeiro tour. That's how most of the bonus songs seem to crop up, from what I've played.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I *think* Dani California gets unlocked if you play through the Rio de Janeiro tour. That's how most of the bonus songs seem to crop up, from what I've played.

Thanks! I think my wife is going to want to "test" it out some more before Christmas comes and she loves that song
Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #140
Anthony
Banned

i play this game and i love it. i bought the game and a guitar hero guitar cuz i had no interest in singing and since i tend to play game after my wife goes to bed there's no way i could do it without keeping her up. i also heard the Rockc Band guitars are flimsy and break easy, so i just got the guitar only. i decided i'm not good enough to play FPS games anymore, these leet kidz are beyond my capability and i just wind up getting frustrated. i played Halo/COD4 and just wasn't that successful, felt a game like this was more up my alley. lots of fun, i play it online a lot. astoria23 is my gamer tag, i removed a lot of you who i had as friends only cuz i wasn't playing with you (and i don't like clutter so i paired down the people from here who i never played with), but if any of you were looking for a FOFC band partner to play a couple of songs then look me up.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #141
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just so I understand correctly, you can buy the guitar hero III with the guitar and use that guitar as a second guitar in rock band (for the bass) right?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #142
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

for xbox360 right now, for PS3 coming up in a patch
Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #143
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks! I think my wife is going to want to "test" it out some more before Christmas comes and she loves that song

I'm wrong, incidentally. Dani California is one of the main setlist songs.

That means you need to either play through one of the solo tours or Band World Tour to unlock it.

HA - Foz and I jam online from time to time. We could use a third.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #144
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Just so I understand correctly, you can buy the guitar hero III with the guitar and use that guitar as a second guitar in rock band (for the bass) right?

correct, but not vice versa (ie, you can't use a Rock Band guitar to play GHIII). i bought the Guitar Hero Explorer (wired, not wireless) when i asked this to the Gamestop guy (i didn't really want to buy the bundle) i was pessimistic but excited to be able to save soo much money.

just note the only downside is i have to plug this in, but since i play the game in my home office it's not like i'd be running around the house anyway. saved a ton of money doing it this way.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #145
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

HA - Foz and I jam online from time to time. We could use a third.

k, resend me a friend invite and i'll add you. the hours i'm most likely to be on are 9-12 (or 1 depending on my mood) eastern time.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #146
SackAttack
Head Coach

What's your gamertag?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #147
Anthony
Banned

astoria23
Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #148
KWhit
Coordinator

KingJackoff77?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #149
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Anyone want to take bets that KingJackoff will suck, quit and then blame Foz and Sack?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #150
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
astoria23

added.