Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Unhappy Ensmeble Studios to be closed

This sucks MS is shutting down Ensemble Studios the makers of many well known game like Ages of Empires 1 and 3. My first PC game actually was Ages of Empires 1. If not for it I might never have had the interest to take up PC gaming or dare I say network security as a career.
IGN: Thoughts on Ensemble Closure

Last edited by Galaril : 09-11-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Something here doesn't make sense. I'm betting that the Ensemble Studios "core" guys want to go back to their roots and MS wants them to make xbox 360 games first and foremost.

Bet we see an annoucement that Bruce Shelley is starting a new studio somewhere over the next few years.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Something here doesn't make sense. I'm betting that the Ensemble Studios "core" guys want to go back to their roots and MS wants them to make xbox 360 games first and foremost.

Bet we see an annoucement that Bruce Shelley is starting a new studio somewhere over the next few years.

You would hope so.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post

I've already heard comments that there is a pheonix from the flames approach here, ie. a new studio springing up.

Ensemble had some amazing chaps there and I'm sure the games they go onto create (whether inside Microsoft or elsewhere) will continue to be impressive.

PS - I think its more to do with Microsoft wanting most development to be third-party driven again (it was more important to have teams inhouse before the 360 established itself as well as it has - now hits are coming from outside theres no reason for Microsoft to risk millions making games when other people will and give a cut to Microsoft).

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote