Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ping:Kc Area fofc'ers

After the Worst Tornado's to hit the area in a long time, wanting to make sure everyone is okay.... They believe it was a F4 from what i've heard..

One of the lesser ones(F3) went through about 2 miles away from where i live(Parkville)

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:15 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

Hope you and all your friends and family are ok.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 05:29 PM   #3
tucker342
Pro Starter

Well, I'm glad you're okay...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:52 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Good to hear your OK, Ragone. I live just outside Liberty and it was pretty scary there for a while. The tornado that ripped through Liberty passed just about a mile or 2 south of us. I grew up in southwest Missouri and I have been through plenty of tornadoes, but this was among the worst I've been through.

So far all of my family is safe as well, although one of our family members lives just down the street from the shopping center at 169 and Englewood with Side Pockets that got destroyed. We also have family that lives just north of Carriage Hills, but aside from having now power they are OK.

Hope everyone else is well.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:55 PM   #5
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Hmm, Thats errie.. i was just at the Quiktrip near that Side Pockets when it first started storming.. i raced home when i heard about baseball size hail

Glad to hear your ok Kcchief..

Last edited by Ragone : 05-04-2003 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:15 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We got a little rain in Lawrence and that's it. My new garden I planted yesterday survived this all. We were definately lucky.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:53 AM   #7
Ragone
Pro Rookie

KcChief,

I drove down to that Quiktrip again to see what it looked like.. The Ntw sign was gone.. the Subway's roof was blown apart(I blame Jared), and Side pockets was gone...

Scary thing about it was.. The cop who was guarding the places showed me a building where a POOL BALL had went through a window and embedded itself in a wall inside that shop.. imagine if that had hit someone..

I'm really afraid for people tonight.. as the cop told me some people were looting in Kansas.. how sick

Last edited by Ragone : 05-05-2003 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 AM   #8
vtbub
College Starter

Hope you all made it ok.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 07:26 PM   #9
Kam
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't live in KC, but my wife's cousing decided to have her wedding in KC this past weekend, so I got to experience the storms.

The wedding was fine on Saturday.

Sunday morning the bride's grandmother (my wife's grandmother) fainted and was taken to the hospital. Then we did the day-after-wedding-brunch in Gladstone, Missouri, where the power went out, there were raquetball sized hailstones, trees were knocked down, pieces of insulation, and many household items were flying throuhg the air, etc.

We finally got back to the hotel in Liberty, Missouri, one of the worst hit towns. Power was out etc. and no one could go visit the grandmother in the hospital because all of the roads were blocked.

And the house where we had spent Saturday morning was hit pretty hard by the tornado(es). In fact the house just two houses away was totally destroyed.

But the most important thing, no one in the family was injured (excepted for Grandma fainting from dehydration).

Other than that....it was a good visit to Kansas City.
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Man, Kam, the storms were following you! I hope your wife's grandmother is OK.

Ragone, I drove past Side Pockets from 169 tonight and I was amazed at the damage. I had heard the building was totaled, but the video on TV didn't make it seem that bad from the front of the building. Too bad the front of the building was about the only thing left standing.

If the warnings and sirens had not been so good, these storms would have killed a lot of people. It's amazing we've only had the one fatality here, especially compared to what happened elsewhere.

The damage in Liberty is sad. We have some good friends who have businesses on the square, and while it looks like their properties are OK, there is a lot of damage around the square and on the William Jewell campus.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:01 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Just gotta mention: The Royals win! The Royals win! Keep up the fluke wins!

SI

Old 05-05-2003, 10:12 PM   #12
kcchief19
Pro Starter

11-0 at home. Believe!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:47 PM   #13
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Pretty impressive job by Pena and the Royals. I'll be at the game this Friday at the K. Should be a great time.

Owner of the MoKan Mighty Bastards
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:40 AM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I have tickets to the game on the 31st. George Brett Babooshka doll night

Also, I have 4 tickets for 3 other games besides that. 16 tickets for $80: you can't beat that. All are rows A-D and within 2 sections of 1st or 3rd base.

SI

Old 05-06-2003, 05:37 AM   #15
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Speaking of which, We all should get together some weekend at a game

Chiefs Must be hurting for season ticket sales btw.. last year i was told i was like literally no chance for season tickets within the next 5 years.. and they called me today about next season.. hmm... think i could slide into this season's season tickets.. or is it too late for that? Gonna call them today anyway
Old 05-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #16
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Rag,

I'm surprised that the Chiefs would be having troubles with their tickets. Granted they raise the prices every year, but they aren't by any means outrageous prices. It's always a great time in the Arrowhead parking lot.

Plus Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez. What more could you want? Other than maybe a defense, lol.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote