Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

MLM Help

So my roommates parents are pushing her into this:

Numis Network

it is clearly and admittedly Multi Level Marketing and I have no interest in doing it but Id like to be able to give her an opinion or my reasoning for not wanting to do it without kicking her or her parents.

Any advice after looking at this "awesome opportunity to build wealth" would be greatly appreciated. Jeez, their comp plan on the site requires a PHD to figure out.

ugh, and coins no less.

Quote:

Power of the Network

We all realize that most people are passionate about money. Most of us want more of it. But there’s another dimension to money- collecting money. The fact is that most of us already collect numismatic coins in some fashion or another. Remember that collection you had when you were a kid… quite possibly you have a collection right now. What is so powerful and exciting about Numis Network business, is that the love and appreciation of numismatic coins is universal and worldwide! Numismatic coins at once ― are beautiful, romantic, elegant, historical, valuable, and exciting. Coins maybe the coolest product in history. At Numis Network, we want to help families create more wealth in their lives by igniting a passion for collecting numismatic coins. Simply put, at Numis network coins are cool… and profitable!

With Numis Network, you can be first to market a world class selection of numismatic coins through the power of the network. Your network. Join Numis Network as an Independent Collector Representative today.
Why Network Marketing?

Simply put, Network marketing is a means of distribution that allows you to earn income on the efforts of many. It’s through this ‘leveraging’ of your time that allows you to earn unlimited income; income that can continue to flow even when you are not working. Some of the benefits of network marketing include: being able to set your own hours, the ability to earn unlimited income, low start up cost, and no stocking of inventory, just to name a few.

At Numis Network, we provide everything you need to attract and enroll new representatives into your business. From your own personal website to webinars and training conference calls, you can be assured that the most effective tools in the industry will be made available to you as a Numis Network representative.
Comp Plan Details

The Numis Network compensation puts the power of the network to work for you. It tracks and pays you on three distinct business structures: Your binary downline for cycle bonuses, your enroller organization for matching bonuses, and a powerful coded training organization for training bonuses. It sounds complicated, but it’s actually very simple… and most importantly, lucrative. Of course, this is in addition to commissions you earn on sales made direct to customers.

There are two types of customers:

* Retail Customers purchase from your website or you directly. They pay our retail prices, which are very competitive.
* Preferred Customers qualify for discounted prices by purchasing from your website and enrolling into the autoship continuity program.

There are two types of participants in the marketing program:

* Independent Collector Representative (ICR)- Purchases basic starter kit and is eligible to enroll new ICRs and purchase at ICR prices.
* Training Qualified Independent Collector Representative (TQ-ICR) An ICR who has purchased or earned the optional training program and completed the training.

Commissions:
Earning commissions is simple. Your customers can shop an exciting and expanding selection of numismatic coins and purchase directly from your replicated website. Numis handles all the processing and shipping; you direct the customers to your website and earn money. You can also buy and sell inventory direct to customers and to generate immediate profits. Commissions are simply the difference between the price paid by the customer and your ICR price. Commissions are paid weekly.

Binary Organization Chart:
This chart illustrates how ICRs can be placed based on the sponsor relationship. ICRs can be placed anywhere in your right and left leg under any placement sponsor. They can be placed in your binary organization from your upline as well; a concept called spillover.

Binary Cycle Bonuses:
Binary compensation plans are exciting because you can capitalize on the efforts of your upline and downline. You have a right side leg and a left side leg. As your organization grows, you earn $30 cycle bonuses for each 300 BV in your weak leg. Cycle bonuses are calculated daily and paid weekly.
Rank Personal
QV Personally
Enrolled Maximum
Daily Cycles Maximum
Weekly Pay Maximum
Monthly Pay
Collector* 0 0 0 0 0
1Star 60 2 Active ICRs 5 $1,000 $5,000
2Star 60 3 Active ICRs 10 $2,000 $10,000
3Star 120 6 Active ICRs 20 $4,000 $20,000
4Star 180 12 Active ICRs 80 $15,000 $75,000

*Collector rank receives commissions only until they are promoted to 1Star level and eligible for binary cycle bonuses. 1Star must enroll one ICR in the right leg and one in the left leg.

Cycle Bonus: $30 for each 300 BV in weak leg.

Active ICR: An ICR with a minimum of 60 QV in the past 35 calendar days.

Matching Bonuses:
Earn matching bonuses on all of your personally enrolled (1st generation) ICR’s binary cycle bonuses. You can also earn matching bonuses on two additional generations of ICRs. Matching bonuses are paid weekly.

Double Matching Bonuses:
For 30 days after you enroll a Training Qualified-ICR, you can earn an additional 5% (for a total of 10%) matching bonus on all of your personally enrolled (first generation) ICR’s binary cycle bonuses.

Enroller Organization Chart:
This chart illustrates generations of personally enrolled ICRs. The enroller organization is based on the enroller relationship and not the sponsor placement in the binary organization.
Matching Bonuses

Personally Enrolled
Generation

2Star

3Star

4Star

Double Matching Bonus

1st Generation

5%

5%

5%

5%

2nd Generation

5%

5%

3rd Generation

3%

Fast Track Training Bonuses:
This is a revolutionary compensation model for developing a well trained, rapidly growing business. It incorporates coded links to your business center, enabling training compensation from unlimited levels deep in your organization.

Training Organization Bonuses

Training Qualified Rank

Collector

1Star

2Star

3Star

4Star

$50 Training Bonus

$50

$50

$50

$50

$50

$50 2Star Coded Training Bonus

$50

$50

$50

$25 3Star Foundation Bonus

$25

$25

$10 4Star Satellite Bonus

$10

Developing a coded organization:
1Star Code: Enrolling your first three training certified ICRs completes your 1Star code. After completing your 1Star code, All ICRs that you personally enroll are placed in your 2Star code.

Training Qualified: An ICR who has purchased or earned the optional training program and completed the training. The optional training program can be earned by acquiring 20 unique retail or preferred customers. It can be purchased for $125.

$50 2Star Code Bonus: You earn $50 every time a new ICR in your 2Star Code purchases and completes the optional training program. This bonus can pay to you from unlimited levels deep in your 2Star Organization.

$25 3Star Foundation Bonus: Each time an ICR in your 1Star Code receives a $50 2Star Code bonus, you receive a $25 3Star Foundation Bonus.

$10 4Star Satellite Bonus: Each time a personally enrolled ICR in your 2Star code receives a $50 2Star Code bonus, you receive a $10 4Star Satellite Bonus.
Compensation plan maintenance:

Binary compensation plans can generate rapid and substantial earnings. Customary controls are in place to maintain the integrity of the compensation program.

No Flushing: No volume will be flushed for ICRs on autoship continuity program. Numis will review it’s flushing policy on a semi-annual basis.

Flushing: The excess volume in both the strong leg and weak leg will be flushed for any ICR who is not on autoship continuity program after 70 consecutive days. All volume will be flushed for inactive ICRs after 70 consecutive days.

Payout Limit: The compensation system will automatically prorate compensation earnings to maintain a maximum payout of 50% of total company BV.

Qualifications: ICRs are paid at the rank qualified for at time of compensation processing regardless of highest rank previously attained.

Success means different things to different people. Many dream of being their own boss, setting their own hours, and having the freedom to do the things they want to do, when they want to do them. Many have a great desire to start their own business and have earnings that match their effort. It’s been said that true financial freedom is being able to do the things you want to do, when you want to do, with whom you want to do them, no matter the cost.

Whether it is complete financial freedom you desire, or simply the chance to earn a couple of hundred dollars per month to enjoy a few extras in life, Numis Network offers a business that can fulfill that dream.

At Numis Network, we have created the perfect business opportunity- sharing products that not only offer incredible value, but are products that anyone, young or old can get very passionate about. As individuals become passionate about collecting numismatic coins, they are creating wealth at the same time. Coins are really cool!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-20-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hard not to kick anyone who would get involved in this ... so sayeth the guy who is being pestered by a long time friend about an MLM scheme involving natural gas service.

No help from me I'm afraid, but I can sort of commiserate.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
flounder
High School Varsity

Speaking as someone who has had many friends and relatives fall for just about every type of pyramid or ponzi scheme there is, save your breath. Once the hook is in them, they never wiggle off. All you can do is try to convince them not to bet the farm on it.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
RainMaker
General Manager

I agree with flounder. Once they've been told about all the millions they'll make for minimal amounts of work, reason is thrown out the door.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
DanGarion
Coordinator

Wait... all it is, is a coin collecting MLM of certified coins... Um.. ok.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
darkenigma510
n00b

Anything that complicated in terms of payout is done so as to confuse you. Anything legit should be more transparent and easier to understand than that.

The only things MLMs care about is extra bodies to feed the ponzi.
darkenigma510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
Flasch186
Coordinator

ahhh, perhaps if I explain to her that it looks like a Ponzi scheme to me, which it does, it'll sink in.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - i suppose you can try that approach Flasch. Combined with darkenigma's point about how it's complicated payout is a way to confuse you.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I love the pics, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I still don't understand the "binary organization chart" although yes - the compensation scheme seems clearly "ponzi" and i think she ought to be able to see that "look you only get paid based on recruiting other people in...obviously you're just getting paid with the fees they pay for "training."

Also, FWIW - I don't know a single person who collects coins, or thinks that coin collecting is "cool" so this isn't even a lucrative market for an actual business.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
chesapeake
College Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but their only 2 products are proof coins you can buy directly from the US and Austrian mints for a fraction of the cost of this site? This doesn't pass the smell test.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
MikeVic
Head Coach

Are the people in the pictures standing on some white pedestals?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #13
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You have a right side leg and a left side leg. As your organization grows, you earn $30 cycle bonuses for each 300 BV in your weak leg.

I don't know what a BV is, but if they're only paying you on your weak leg, this means that at least half of the sales made by people under you aren't even counting. So if you've got one person under you, you're not getting anything, and if you have two people under you, you're only getting commission from the one who sells the least.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
SportsDino
College Prospect

It should not be a social taboo to call someone a frickin moron if they are intending to 'invest' in a pyramid scheme. The chart alone should be enough to convince anyone (it even looks pyramid shaped... come on they could at least have made a network graph so its less obvious!).
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but their only 2 products are proof coins you can buy directly from the US and Austrian mints for a fraction of the cost of this site? This doesn't pass the smell test.

BUT THEY ARE CERTIFIED!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND! SOMEONE COMPANY THEY PAID HAS CERTIFIED THEM! COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!1!11!one
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't know what a BV is, but if they're only paying you on your weak leg, this means that at least half of the sales made by people under you aren't even counting. So if you've got one person under you, you're not getting anything, and if you have two people under you, you're only getting commission from the one who sells the least.

wanna guess where the other half of the "sales" are going?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
It should not be a social taboo to call someone a frickin moron if they are intending to 'invest' in a pyramid scheme. The chart alone should be enough to convince anyone (it even looks pyramid shaped... come on they could at least have made a network graph so its less obvious!).

Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

I couldn't help but think of the Office episode when Michael is trying to explain on a chart how his new venture isn't actually a pyramid scheme, and Jim grabs the marker from him and draws a big triangle around it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #19
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
BUT THEY ARE CERTIFIED!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND! SOMEONE COMPANY THEY PAID HAS CERTIFIED THEM! COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!1!11!one

the 'one' got me.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

You are probably paid with the coins you are selling.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
darkenigma510
n00b

Yeah nuismatic coin collectors are few and far between..certainly not something Joe and Sally Smith do. Its one thing to enter a ponzi that sells a somewhat feasible product, another to enter one that sells a super-nichey product.

For those who don't know, a nusimatic coin basically has two types of value: an intrinsic value (based on the amount of gold or silver in the coin) and a value associated with the rareness of the coin.
darkenigma510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

My mistake! Many apologies!
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Damn, I was going to touch on this very subject. Oh well, at least I am not the only one to see it. Remove all of the words from that huge paragraph of nonsense, and you have a pyramid.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote