Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
JediKooter
Coordinator

Anyone live in L.A.?

Could be possibly getting a job in LA, well, closer to Van Nuys/Burbank and need to know where a decent/safe place to live near there would be.

It's just a possible job lead at the moment, so nothing solid for sure right now.

Thanks in advance.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
MrBug708
Head Coach

A lot depends on how much you want to pay for rent. Burbank is a nice city, Pasadena isn't too bad and neither is Sherman Oaks
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
A lot depends on how much you want to pay for rent. Burbank is a nice city, Pasadena isn't too bad and neither is Sherman Oaks

Was thinking around 1000 a month. It's just me so it doesn't have to be anything too big.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
chadritt
High School Varsity

For 1000/month check out North Hollywood. Its in between Van Nuys and burbank and its a decent enough area. if youre ok with a studio you can spread out a bit more and check out the Toluca Lake or Studio City areas in addition to what others have mentioned. I live in Toluca Lake and love it but my 1 bedroom apartment is more than id prefer to be paying honestly.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
For 1000/month check out North Hollywood. Its in between Van Nuys and burbank and its a decent enough area. if youre ok with a studio you can spread out a bit more and check out the Toluca Lake or Studio City areas in addition to what others have mentioned. I live in Toluca Lake and love it but my 1 bedroom apartment is more than id prefer to be paying honestly.

Do you have to get on any freeways if living in North Hollywood but work in Van Nuys or Burbank? I'm thinking traffic and close to work and a decent neighborhood are my main factors, then price.

How far is Toluca Lake from those places?

Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

For those of us who have never lived out there? Seriously? Is that what it's like, living in LA? $1000 for a studio in an ok part of town? I mean, I'm open to moving right now due to jobs situation but if I moved to, say, Anaheim- what kind of crazy would I be looking for trying to get a 3 bedroom apartment or house for rent, if I could even find one?

I mean, we pay $1050 for a 1400 sqft 3 bedroom apartment in a nice part of Richmond. Before that, we paid $450 for an 800 sqft 2 bedroom in a kindof crappy part of Lawrence (actually decent part of town but kindof old apartments), but it's a midwest college town so there are no really bad parts of town.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-23-2010 at 10:49 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
For those of us who have never lived out there? Seriously? Is that what it's like, living in LA? $1000 for a studio in an ok part of town? I mean, I'm open to moving right now due to jobs situation but if I moved to, say, Anaheim- what kind of crazy would I be looking for trying to get a 3 bedroom apartment or house for rent, if I could even find one
SI

1000 in north hollywood would probably get you a pretty decent 1 bedroom, i started out in a 2 bedroom in North Hollywood for 1200 in 2003. Studios in better areas would cost less, my friend pays about 800 for hers, but i dont know of any 1 bedrooms in Toluca Lake for 1000 or less. Depending on exactly where you work in Van Nuys or Burbank you wouldnt need a freeway at all, Studio City, NoHo, and Toluca Lake are actually all very small. LA is expensive though, i would assume you would need a cost of living increase to move out here. I know I could live my lifestyle, or even a better one, in Atlanta for quite a bit less money but I also get paid well out here.

Toluca lake is a small area in between North Hollywood and Burbank, back in Atlanta it would probably be a large neighborhood and not an actual city. Given your area I would suggest looking around North Hollywood or Burbank. Burbanks a fairly varied area and you can find places in most price ranges. Actually, Glendale is right next to Burbank and would also be a place to consider, although most of it isnt as nice.

Edited to add: This is based entirely on my own experience in L.A. The last time I moved I really didnt look around too much so your mileage may vary wildly.

Last edited by chadritt : 02-23-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
For those of us who have never lived out there? Seriously? Is that what it's like, living in LA? $1000 for a studio in an ok part of town? I mean, I'm open to moving right now due to jobs situation but if I moved to, say, Anaheim- what kind of crazy would I be looking for trying to get a 3 bedroom apartment or house for rent, if I could even find one?

I mean, we pay $1050 for a 1400 sqft 3 bedroom apartment in a nice part of Richmond. Before that, we paid $450 for an 800 sqft 2 bedroom in a kindof crappy part of Lawrence (actually decent part of town but kindof old apartments), but it's a midwest college town so there are no really bad parts of town.

SI

For 1400 sqft apartment, I'd say around 1600-1800 a month for southern california. A much nicer area could push it over 2K a month easily. I'm willing to pay a little more if that means less driving though.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Toluca lake is a small area in between North Hollywood and Burbank, back in Atlanta it would probably be a large neighborhood and not an actual city. Given your area I would suggest looking around North Hollywood or Burbank. Burbanks a fairly varied area and you can find places in most price ranges. Actually, Glendale is right next to Burbank and would also be a place to consider, although most of it isnt as nice.

Edited to add: This is based entirely on my own experience in L.A. The last time I moved I really didnt look around too much so your mileage may vary wildly.

Glendale is not as nice, but, how safe is it? I was looking on craigslist and there seems to be some decent prices for apartments in Van Nuys and Burbank for one bedrooms and studios. Averaging around 750 to 900 a month. Problem is, I can't tell if it's a decent part of the neighborhood though.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You could always do Google street view. It's not perfect but I've done something like that before for scouting hotels.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Glendale is not as nice, but, how safe is it? I was looking on craigslist and there seems to be some decent prices for apartments in Van Nuys and Burbank for one bedrooms and studios. Averaging around 750 to 900 a month. Problem is, I can't tell if it's a decent part of the neighborhood though.

Ive never known anyone to have an actual problem in Glendale but they've all said they felt like they could so they were a little careful. Its just a little more run down/more industrial seeming so it might seem worse than it is. Honestly the only place I know where people have had problems are Hollywood and Koreatown. I will add that Glendale would involve a freeway to get to Van Nuys, though not to get to Burbank. I would honestly say this for any city but if you get the chance, come out before you commit to a place and drive around these areas. Theres no better way to get a feel and you might find an apartment that way, its how I found mine.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Ive never known anyone to have an actual problem in Glendale but they've all said they felt like they could so they were a little careful. Its just a little more run down/more industrial seeming so it might seem worse than it is. Honestly the only place I know where people have had problems are Hollywood and Koreatown. I will add that Glendale would involve a freeway to get to Van Nuys, though not to get to Burbank. I would honestly say this for any city but if you get the chance, come out before you commit to a place and drive around these areas. Theres no better way to get a feel and you might find an apartment that way, its how I found mine.

Ahhh ok. Always heard not so good things about Hollywood. I have a few friends that have lived/worked there and they can't stand Hollywood other than for some places to eat and to people watch.

I'll probably find out late this week or early next week if I will be coming down there or not. I've driven through LA tons of times, mostly on the 5 and 405, never really stopped anywhere for very long though.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i live 5 mins from glendale. most of it seems fine to me.

im in silver lake, which i highly recommend. its more hipster/artist types, but has a really cool bar scene and feels like a neighborhood you can walk around in. ditto the los feliz area, which is also very close.

eagle rock is up and coming as well, and for 1k you could probably get a bungalow around there. i wouldnt go down into glassel park or monteceito heights or anything though

pasadena is also very nice, as is south pasadena. burbank is ok too, which would be close to you. studio city id recommend. north hollywood i dont particularly like

i guess knowing your age and what kind of stuff you like to do and are looking for would help a lot as well.

also, from everywhere i said, traffic would be flowing in the opposite directions than youd be driving at rush hour, so its a super easy commute.

but, if you couldnt tell from this, im an east sider, and love it over here. id be happy to PM with you if you have more questions
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
i live 5 mins from glendale. most of it seems fine to me.

im in silver lake, which i highly recommend. its more hipster/artist types, but has a really cool bar scene and feels like a neighborhood you can walk around in. ditto the los feliz area, which is also very close.

eagle rock is up and coming as well, and for 1k you could probably get a bungalow around there. i wouldnt go down into glassel park or monteceito heights or anything though

pasadena is also very nice, as is south pasadena. burbank is ok too, which would be close to you. studio city id recommend. north hollywood i dont particularly like

i guess knowing your age and what kind of stuff you like to do and are looking for would help a lot as well.

also, from everywhere i said, traffic would be flowing in the opposite directions than youd be driving at rush hour, so its a super easy commute.

but, if you couldnt tell from this, im an east sider, and love it over here. id be happy to PM with you if you have more questions

Thanks for the info Pyser. Yea, I'm pretty much a lazy driver now a days, so the less driving is always a plus for me and if it's in the opposite direction of traffic, even better.

I'm pushing 40 and to be honest as long as I don't have to drive 20 miles to get to a grocery store or place to eat or drink, I'm cool with that.

I'll definitely send you a PM. I'm looking at Google maps right now of the area.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
digamma
Torchbearer

I'd echo what a lot of people have already answered. If you're working in the valley, I'd live on the Valley side of the hill.

I really recommend Studio City or Sherman Oaks. Lots of good stuff happening there right now. Good restaurants, good feel, you can walk a lot of places. We live in Laurel Canyon, just on the Hollywood side of the hill, but spend a ton of time in Studio City and Sherman Oaks.

Silverlake is also great.

I'm not a fan of Glendale, personally.

I work in Pasadena, and there are definitely some nice areas, but overall, it's kind of bland.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #16
digamma
Torchbearer

Studio City/Sherman Oaks/North Hollywood would also be a reverse commute from Burbank. Really convenient. Depending on where in Van Nuys, that would also work.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #17
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I'd echo what a lot of people have already answered. If you're working in the valley, I'd live on the Valley side of the hill.

I really recommend Studio City or Sherman Oaks. Lots of good stuff happening there right now. Good restaurants, good feel, you can walk a lot of places. We live in Laurel Canyon, just on the Hollywood side of the hill, but spend a ton of time in Studio City and Sherman Oaks.

Silverlake is also great.

I'm not a fan of Glendale, personally.

I work in Pasadena, and there are definitely some nice areas, but overall, it's kind of bland.

Thanks for the info digamma! I guess it all depends on how the job hunt with trying to get back on with Apple goes and if the guy in LA will hire me if I can't get picked up again at Apple. So, I may see a bunch of you down there!!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #18
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, seems I am late to the game. Plus, this is the far side of LA from me, so at best I have been there and passed through, never lived there.

The traffic advice is critical. People outside of LA don't have any idea what it's like. Where you're looking should set you up nice for that. Most of those areas aren't too bad. If you end up in Glendale, I hope you like Armenian food.

I actually like Pasadena the best of those, far enough away from the city to be considered like a suburb, but close enough to be in on the action in relatively quick time. Plus, I always liked the old town area down there (although last I went, too many damn kids ).

I'm looking for a place out in the I.E. (about 30 miles east of where you're looking) and probably going to end up with about the same kind of accomodations, although mine will probably cost a little less, being further from LA.

Speaking of which, with all of us that live out here, I'm surprised we haven't gotten an LA FOFC Meet up going. Well, unless you guys all had one and didn't invite me (not inconceivable).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

SI

The numbers quoted above fit in Anaheim, too. For anything roomy, you're going to pay out the nose, even in the "bad" parts of town ("bad" as in not as good as the good areas, there aren't too many truly bad areas in Anaheim, although there are definitely "low rent" type districts).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #20
Danny
Head Coach

Haven't read everything, I live in Sunland and have lived in Canoga Park and Northridge growing up. I do my fieldwork in Pasadena and visit Burbank, Glendale and North Hollywood often (wife works there). Glendale is fine, it's heavily Armenian (my wife is Armenian), some Armenians try and be pretty ghetto, but really it's mostly show and I wouldn't worry about safety at all. Burbank is nice. Based on your price, I think North Hollywood is a good choice to get something decent. Many of the nicer places you won't get much of anything for $1000 a month.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and my are Sunland/Tujunga is a pretty decent place as well and affordable.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #22
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, seems I am late to the game. Plus, this is the far side of LA from me, so at best I have been there and passed through, never lived there.

The traffic advice is critical. People outside of LA don't have any idea what it's like. Where you're looking should set you up nice for that. Most of those areas aren't too bad. If you end up in Glendale, I hope you like Armenian food.

I actually like Pasadena the best of those, far enough away from the city to be considered like a suburb, but close enough to be in on the action in relatively quick time. Plus, I always liked the old town area down there (although last I went, too many damn kids ).

I'm looking for a place out in the I.E. (about 30 miles east of where you're looking) and probably going to end up with about the same kind of accomodations, although mine will probably cost a little less, being further from LA.

Speaking of which, with all of us that live out here, I'm surprised we haven't gotten an LA FOFC Meet up going. Well, unless you guys all had one and didn't invite me (not inconceivable).

I've lived in San Diego for over 20 years and moved up to the bay area for work, so I am very familiar with LA traffic. Been stuck in traffic jams on the 405 at 2 in the morning and that was with no construction going on.

Never had Armenian food that I can remember.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #23
Danny
Head Coach

Armenian food is amazing, especially home cooked food that my wife's family makes for special events. And Armenian BBQ, YUM!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 AM   #24
Danny
Head Coach

We should have a FOFC Southern Cal get together sometime.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 AM   #25
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Jedi, you better get me that drink you owe me before you hightail it out of here. Otherwise, I may be forced to cry into a beer I paid for myself, which sucks.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #26
bhlloy
Coordinator

I agree with pretty much everything said here. Pasadena is a really nice city mostly but expensive, I pay 1800 although it's a nice new apartment complex and right in old town. But by far the nicest city I've ever lived in the LA area and I don't think we will ever leave. The only thing that sucks is the public schooling if you have kids.

I think Glendale is a very dirty depressing city, but I wouldn't feel unsafe living there. If anything there are way worse areas in Pasadena than in Glendale.

If you do consider Eagle Rock, stay north of Colorado Blvd. I have a friend who lives there and north of Colorado is very nice, south of Colorado and you may well find yourself in the ghetto. But definitely an up and coming area.

Never underestimate the need to live as close to your job as possible. North Hollywood to Burbank area wouldn't be too bad a commute as it's against traffic mostly. I would strongly avoid living too far east as you will be stuck in traffic for hours on the 210/134. Pasadena is probably the furthest east I would go if you are concerned about the commute.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #27
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

ahhh, Toluca Lake. I used to live in the 2 story apt builing on the corner of Cahuenga and shirley st. Just north of the Split and Universal City. Good times were had there. Felt very safe there too.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #28
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Jedi, you better get me that drink you owe me before you hightail it out of here. Otherwise, I may be forced to cry into a beer I paid for myself, which sucks.

Wait...who are you again??? I'm kidding man. Hey, I got nothing but free time right now. Let me know when you are available and I can get you that drink, or two or three.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #29
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I agree with pretty much everything said here. Pasadena is a really nice city mostly but expensive, I pay 1800 although it's a nice new apartment complex and right in old town. But by far the nicest city I've ever lived in the LA area and I don't think we will ever leave. The only thing that sucks is the public schooling if you have kids.

I think Glendale is a very dirty depressing city, but I wouldn't feel unsafe living there. If anything there are way worse areas in Pasadena than in Glendale.

If you do consider Eagle Rock, stay north of Colorado Blvd. I have a friend who lives there and north of Colorado is very nice, south of Colorado and you may well find yourself in the ghetto. But definitely an up and coming area.

Never underestimate the need to live as close to your job as possible. North Hollywood to Burbank area wouldn't be too bad a commute as it's against traffic mostly. I would strongly avoid living too far east as you will be stuck in traffic for hours on the 210/134. Pasadena is probably the furthest east I would go if you are concerned about the commute.

You totally nailed on my feelings about living close to work. I pay 700 a month for (by my estimate) about 250 - 300 sqft studio here in Cupertino. But, it is only 2 and a half miles from work.

Cool. I've got some good info thanks to you and everyone else here. I'll see how things go with finding a job up here and if that doesn't pan out, I may be packing it up and headed to southern californie...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #30
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

SoCal what what

I'd move down there just so I could put that in my fucking profile location.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #31
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
SoCal what what

I'd move down there just so I could put that in my fucking profile location.

Haha! You will be part of a larger universe...

Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #32
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I'm not familiar with that area. Just wanna wish you luck JediKooter.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
For 1400 sqft apartment, I'd say around 1600-1800 a month for southern california. A much nicer area could push it over 2K a month easily. I'm willing to pay a little more if that means less driving though.

1400 sqft apartment? Doesn't exist in OC... Especially for that price. Unless you are living in crapholeland.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #34
DanGarion
Coordinator

I've lived in two apartments in OC, 5 years ago in a really nice apartment that was 1 bedroom 800 sqft was $975. More recently wife and I lived in Santa Ana right on the border of Orange in a really nice place and that was $1300 for about 760 sqft 1 bedroom. Most apartments in OC are studios, 1s, or 2s. There aren't many 3s and most the 3s I know of are in South County (Irvine) which will cost you well over 1800 a month.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #35
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
1400 sqft apartment? Doesn't exist in OC... Especially for that price. Unless you are living in crapholeland.

Southern California on the whole is much more expensive than most other parts of the country except for up here in the Bay Area where housing prices are so out of touch with reality, it's not even funny.

I know there's aren't too many apartments that are that big up here. I think the biggest I've seen was 1200sqft and they wanted 2400 a month.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #36
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I'm not familiar with that area. Just wanna wish you luck JediKooter.

Thanks DC!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:59 AM   #37
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wait...who are you again??? I'm kidding man. Hey, I got nothing but free time right now. Let me know when you are available and I can get you that drink, or two or three.

Alright, man. I'm not fucking around. I'm gonna PM you and I can take you where the cool kids drink at least once before you fly the coop.

(note: Previously stated promise of cool kids is not guaranteed. That's a good thing, though)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #38
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Alright, man. I'm not fucking around. I'm gonna PM you and I can take you where the cool kids drink at least once before you fly the coop.

(note: Previously stated promise of cool kids is not guaranteed. That's a good thing, though)

Excellent. Just send that PM whenever's good for you and I'll make sure my credit card is all charged up and ready to go.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #39
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, looking on craigslist at apartments, why in the world do none of the places have a refrigerator in them? I've never rented an apartment that does not have one or even heard of apartments not having one. Is this an LA thing or something?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #40
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, looking on craigslist at apartments, why in the world do none of the places have a refrigerator in them? I've never rented an apartment that does not have one or even heard of apartments not having one. Is this an LA thing or something?

It seems to be an LA thing, neither of my places came with one and I cant think of any friends who rented unfurnished apartments who didnt have to buy one. I did have one in the furnished apartment i stayed in during my internship.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 AM   #41
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
It seems to be an LA thing, neither of my places came with one and I cant think of any friends who rented unfurnished apartments who didnt have to buy one. I did have one in the furnished apartment i stayed in during my internship.

That is very odd. Never seen that before. Oh well. At least I have a mini fridge that can hold me over!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...that's funny. Since I have lived in the LA area all of my life, it's always been my assumption that there would be no fridge in the apartment unless I brought one. I didn't know that was provided in the apartment in other parts of the country.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #43
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

It depends on the place, the larger places have options to rent them if you want usually.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #44
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Heh...that's funny. Since I have lived in the LA area all of my life, it's always been my assumption that there would be no fridge in the apartment unless I brought one. I didn't know that was provided in the apartment in other parts of the country.

Haha! I've lived in a lot of different states and different cities in California and even houses that I've rented always had a fridge in them. The only time I've heard of someone having to buy a fridge is if they bought a place.

I always dreaded looking in the fridge because you never knew what 'pleasant' smell you will discover when opening it for the first time.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #45
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
It depends on the place, the larger places have options to rent them if you want usually.

As I searched more last night, I was finding more places that included a fridge in them. Looks like it's a random thing in LA.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #46
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

That's crazy. So do you move your fridge from place to place?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #47
Aylmar
High School Varsity

My apartment came with a fridge, but sounds like that was pure luck.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #48
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

SI

Rent in my ok neighborhood for 2 bedroom/1bath, 850sqf aprt. is $1000-$1200.

Welcome to CA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and you're in Oakland Rizon...the "okay" part of Oakland is akin to like...South Central LA.

*ducks*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #50
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I think it depends on the apt. complex. The more apartments, the better the chances of having a fridge and a stove in it... at least from our experience.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote