Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

For those who have commented about high school football's importance in the South.

I just received this email from my high school's alumni association:

View in Browser
Printer Friendly

Tonight, August 28th, Brookstone will kick-off our football season against Landmark Christian at 7:30 pm. This year Brookstone students will offer live video streaming of home football games. This live streaming will allow Alumni and fans who do not live in the Columbus area to watch the games. Please tune in throughout the season and cheer the Cougars on to victory. You can access Cougar Live from the website or click here.

Brookstone plays in Georgia's smallest classification. When I was there, we had around 250 students. I think there are less now. Yes, even though I don't know a single kid there and graduated 22 years ago, I will be watching at least part of tonight's opener, just because of this email. And if the boys in blue look good tonight, I'm fairly likely to watch several more games this year as I haven't gotten into the local hs here yet. *shurg*

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Hey, it's one of the few things the "South" does well....

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

One of the coolest aspects of the net and advancement of video technology is this kind of stuff. I was able to watch my D2 alma mater upset a top ranked team in football last night. Pretty soon we'll be able to watch every sporting event in the country via the web.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote