Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

College football camps open.........

Didn't see it mentioned yesterday, but most college football programs began their fall practices yesterday. Exciting to see that football is getting closer every day.

Mizzou's camp is mostly focused on the arm of Blaine Gabbert. He's a 5-star recruit with a cannon arm and he'll be tasked with filling the shoes of Chase Daniel. New coordinators on both sides of the ball. Offense will be similar style with a bit more run offense while the defense will be switched completely.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
molson
General Manager

It's always nice to see the first pre-season poll:

NCAA College Football Polls, College Football Rankings, NCAA Football Poll - ESPN

Oregon/Boise St to start the season is probably the biggest sporting event in Idaho since Evil Knievel tried to jump over the Snake River Canyon.

USA Today Coaches' Poll

1. Florida (53) 0-0 1466 1
2. Texas (4) 0-0 1386 3
3. Oklahoma (1) 0-0 1358 5
4. USC (1) 0-0 1321 2
5. Alabama 0-0 1134 6
6. Ohio State 0-0 1126 11
7. Virginia Tech 0-0 1020 14
8. Penn State 0-0 988 8
9. LSU 0-0 917 NR
10. Mississippi 0-0 889 15
11. Oklahoma State 0-0 861 18
12. California 0-0 711 25
13. Georgia 0-0 707 10
14. Oregon 0-0 694 9
15. Georgia Tech 0-0 559 22
16. Boise State 0-0 542 13
17. TCU 0-0 461 7
18. Utah 0-0 404 4
19. Florida State 0-0 371 23
20. North Carolina 0-0 293 NR
21. Iowa 0-0 257 20
22. Nebraska 0-0 236 NR
23. Notre Dame 0-0 194 NR
24. Brigham Young 0-0 178 21
25. Oregon State 0-0 165 19

Others Receiving Votes

Kansas 138, Michigan State 136, Texas Tech 114, Cincinnati 90, Pittsburgh 64, West Virginia 55, Rutgers 51, Miami (FL) 46, Missouri 44, Illinois 38, Clemson 30, South Carolina 18, UCLA 14, Auburn 12, South Florida 11, Nevada 11, Kentucky 9, North Carolina State 7, Wisconsin 6, Arkansas 6, Northwestern 5, Southern Miss 4, Wake Forest 4, Arizona 3, Boston College 3, CENTRL MICHIGAN 3, East Carolina 3, Colorado 2, Maryland 2, Navy 2, Tennessee 2, TROY 1, Minnesota 1, Michigan 1, Houston 1.

Last edited by molson : 08-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

A cupcake opened followed 5 days later against #15 and then #17 a scant 9 days after that.

Welcome Coach Swinney
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'll be interested to see Nebraska play early on. They're getting all the hype in the B12 North this year, but I see them as behind MU and KU still.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

A lot of people were impressed with Tyler Wilson, once thought to be a sure backup to Ryan Mallett as Arkansas QB this season, yesterday. Many think he will at least be sharing time with Mallett, if not starting in front of him outright. Further, Brandon Mitchell turned a lot of heads (true freshman QB from Louisiana, I believe). Running backs all look great (Michael Smith, Broderick Green, Ronnie Wingo, Dennis Johnson, DeAnthony Curtis, and Knile Davis who didn't report because his father passed away I think). Offense will be stacked, pretty obviously. Coupled with this being the second year for Petrino's system, and I look for huge offensive output this year. Defense is the question mark, but looks to be HUGELY upgraded, especially the number one rated defensive backs class in the country coming in (Anthony Leon, who appears to be huge and very athletic, Rudell Crim, Darius Winston, and David Gordon).

Very exciting time around here.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
A lot of people were impressed with Tyler Wilson, once thought to be a sure backup to Ryan Mallett as Arkansas QB this season, yesterday. Many think he will at least be sharing time with Mallett, if not starting in front of him outright. Further, Brandon Mitchell turned a lot of heads (true freshman QB from Louisiana, I believe). Running backs all look great (Michael Smith, Broderick Green, Ronnie Wingo, Dennis Johnson, DeAnthony Curtis, and Knile Davis who didn't report because his father passed away I think). Offense will be stacked, pretty obviously. Coupled with this being the second year for Petrino's system, and I look for huge offensive output this year. Defense is the question mark, but looks to be HUGELY upgraded, especially the number one rated defensive backs class in the country coming in (Anthony Leon, who appears to be huge and very athletic, Rudell Crim, Darius Winston, and David Gordon).

No 2 QB system!!!!

I'm interested to see how Wingo and Davis do at Arkansas. Both were considered by Mizzou before eventually landing at Arkansas.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
MJ4H
Coordinator

Petrino has said fairly recently he doesn't have a problem using 2 QBs. I don't either, for what it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 QBs getting some a decent share this season, in all honesty. They are 3 very different QBs (Mallett, laser rocket arm; Wilson, pick you apart; Mitchell, dual-threat with a cannon arm).
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
No 2 QB system!!!!

I'm interested to see how Wingo and Davis do at Arkansas. Both were considered by Mizzou before eventually landing at Arkansas.

Word is Wingo looked very smooth running the ball yesterday. Most of the people that can be trusted say he is going to be better than a lot of people expect him to be. The word on Davis is injury-prone, but this comes along with knowledge that the latest surgery he had done here was by a doctor that knows what he's doing and says that his previous surgeries were not done by someone that knows what they were doing and that was why the injury was recurring. Hopes are high for that because he appears to be a beast.

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-07-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
Tigercat
College Starter

I wouldn't go anywhere near saying Brandon Mitchell has a canon for an arm. From what I saw of him in HS, it is much closer to Matt Jones arm level than a canon. He is a good athlete though, and took care of the ball pretty well both with his passing and running.

The best player from Louisiana y'all have on the team is Jerico Nelson. (From my hometown, so I am a little biased. But it's true.) Basically an athletic RB playing safety. Even if y'all do have a ton of good RBs, I am surprised that Petrino has had the self control to keep him off the offense. It will make the defense much better in years to come though.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
MJ4H
Coordinator

Well people that saw him in person yesterday are certainly describing it as a cannon.

edit: and Jerico Nelson played SS all last year. Don't ever underestimate Petrino. I think a lot of people are going to learn that soon.

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-07-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Like the Hog fans when he leaves for Notre Dame?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

You wish.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
edit: and Jerico Nelson played SS all last year. Don't ever underestimate Petrino. I think a lot of people are going to learn that soon.

Yea, saw he made some nice plays behind the line of scrimmage last year. When he gets a handle on coverage, he could be a Polamalu level of college player. He wasn't used on D at Destrehan, so it shows how much talent he has that he could start as a true freshman on the side of the ball he wasn't even accustomed to. (Last time I saw a safety do that transition well as a true freshman in the SEC was Laron Landry, who was a QB in HS.)
Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

That's cool. I really hope he lives up to that!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #15
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
10. Mississippi 0-0 889 15
11. Oklahoma State 0-0 861 18
12. California 0-0 711 25

Others Receiving Votes

Kansas 138, Michigan State 136, Texas Tech 114, Cincinnati 90, Pittsburgh 64, West Virginia 55, Rutgers 51, Miami (FL) 46, Missouri 44, Illinois 38, Clemson 30, South Carolina 18, UCLA 14, Auburn 12, South Florida 11, Nevada 11, Kentucky 9, North Carolina State 7, Wisconsin 6, Arkansas 6, Northwestern 5, Southern Miss 4, Wake Forest 4, Arizona 3, Boston College 3, CENTRL MICHIGAN 3, East Carolina 3, Colorado 2, Maryland 2, Navy 2, Tennessee 2, TROY 1, Minnesota 1, Michigan 1, Houston 1.
1 - How many of those 3 top 12 teams end the year unranked?
2 - Who gave Michigan a vote?
3 - Love the abbreviation for Central Michigan.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Ole Miss is my dark horse candidate to make the BCS title game. OSU should put a scare into Texas and OU. Cal, I'm not too keen on.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

Stupid Quarter system and very archaic training camp schedule
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #18
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Ole Miss is my dark horse candidate to make the BCS title game. OSU should put a scare into Texas and OU. Cal, I'm not too keen on.
A lot of people have Ole Miss as their dark horse but I don't see it. Their strength was on the lines last year and they lose Peria Jerry, both G's and Michael Oher. The DE's are still fantastic, but they're counting on Jerrell Powe in the middle and I wouldn't trust that guy. The O-line is going to be weak regardless, and the SEC West is improved. I see them with 3 losses in the regular season again.

Oklahoma State has the big 3 and a great O-line, but the defense isn't good and they could easily start 0-2.

Either way, it was more a reaction to seeing all 3 of the critical darlings/dark horses ranked right next to each other that made me think at least 1 of them will completely bomb.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to see Mizzou vs Illinois!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ole Miss is my dark horse candidate to make the BCS title game.

I saw that and thought you had probably lost your mind. Then I looked at their schedule and saw Auburn as their toughest road game.

I still think LSU gets by them late in the year even if Alabama doesn't get them a lot sooner, but I don't think your notion is as out in left field as I did at first blush.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #21
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Then I looked at their schedule and saw Auburn as their toughest road game.
They lost to both South Carolina and Vandy at home last year. Did they improve that much compared to either of them?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #22
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Can't wait to see Mizzou vs Illinois!!!
Hook a Poli up, yo.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
A lot of people have Ole Miss as their dark horse but I don't see it. Their strength was on the lines last year and they lose Peria Jerry, both G's and Michael Oher. The DE's are still fantastic, but they're counting on Jerrell Powe in the middle and I wouldn't trust that guy. The O-line is going to be weak regardless, and the SEC West is improved. I see them with 3 losses in the regular season again.

The reason I put Ole Miss there is that Jevan Snead is also my dark horse Heisman candidate. He was one of the top QBs coming out of high school, and it was a shock when Colt McCoy beat him out at Texas. I think he'll be able to deal with the losses on the O-line. The backups last year got some decent playing time, but if they have any big O-line injuries, then they are doomed.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-07-2009 at 10:09 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Cal must be destroyed September 19th!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They lost to both South Carolina and Vandy at home last year. Did they improve that much compared to either of them?

I think SC is going to be a non-factor until Spurrier steps down, and I'm sentimental enough to hope that's sooner rather than later for his sake, we're starting to get into tarnish the legacy territory.

I was just talking about Vandy with my son when I saw your post. Damned if I know what to make of them to be honest. Ultimately, despite Bobby Johnson, I expect them to largely remain Vanderbilt. Hell, they still haven't even figured out who their QB is going to be and that's not a good sign for an offense that struggled last year in spite of better than usual success.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #26
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vandy's offered Bourbon, so I give Johnson some credit.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #27
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I think SC is going to be a non-factor until Spurrier steps down, and I'm sentimental enough to hope that's sooner rather than later for his sake, we're starting to get into tarnish the legacy territory.
Agreed that SC isn't good, but they have a good D. Play Ole Miss at home before Ole Miss has played anyone, USC comes in with a loss or two from Georgia and NC St so it turns into a trap, make it a night game and I can see the upset coming.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #28
MJ4H
Coordinator

If there's one thing I know about Houston Nutt it is that his teams are good to lose at least one game they aren't supposed to and usually win one they aren't supposed to. Of course, I know a lot more about him than that, but this one is nearly 100%.

edit: that schedule is lol though, obv

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #29
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Hook a Poli up, yo.

I can hook you up at a game in Columbia this year, are you game?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #30
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If it's late in the year or at night. I have youth football games to coach.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #31
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I was just talking about Vandy with my son when I saw your post. Damned if I know what to make of them to be honest. Ultimately, despite Bobby Johnson, I expect them to largely remain Vanderbilt. Hell, they still haven't even figured out who their QB is going to be and that's not a good sign for an offense that struggled last year in spite of better than usual success.

In all fairness Spurriers has led the cocks to unprecedented success. back to Back bowl appearances has only happened 1 other time in USuCk history...

First Lou, Now Spurrier, maybe Paterno or Bowden should give it a shot.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I can hook you up at a game in Columbia this year, are you game?

Which one? I could be persuaded.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
In all fairness Spurriers has led the cocks to unprecedented success. back to Back bowl appearances has only happened 1 other time in USuCk history...

Oh I think SC won't complain too much in the long run, but their standards for success and the standard associated with Spurrier (he won at Duke for cryin' out loud) are very different things.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If the title doesn't come down to Florida Oklahoma and Texas again, I'll be surprised. Oklahoma State could make noise too. I don't think any other team really has the QB + overall talent combo that those 4 do.

I'd be astonished if Tebow doesn't take Florida to the promised land again, barring injury.

Most of all, I am just excited to see all the big 12 QBs and Tebow play this season. Next years draft is going to be ridiculous for QBs.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Which one? I could be persuaded.

Oct 8th would be a good one.. but harder to get tickets than say Sept 12th or the 19th.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #36
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Oh I think SC won't complain too much in the long run, but their standards for success and the standard associated with Spurrier (he won at Duke for cryin' out loud) are very different things.

And those fans support that program no matter what. They will pack that stadium for a team that goes winless in the SEC. It is a shame for them that they don't have the pre-1998 motivated Spurrier. I guess Spurrier was smart enough to know what he was getting into beforehand, that he could almost half-ass the job, just get to some crappy bowls, and be set there for as long as he wants.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #37
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
And those fans support that program no matter what. They will pack that stadium for a team that goes winless in the SEC. It is a shame for them that they don't have the pre-1998 motivated Spurrier. I guess Spurrier was smart enough to know what he was getting into beforehand, that he could almost half-ass the job, just get to some crappy bowls, and be set there for as long as he wants.

And get a lifetime membership to Augusta National!
Supposedly ticket sales are way off in Columbia this year, but I suppose that is as much economy as anything. That or grown men are tired of Wearing "Cocks" on their shirts and hats *shrug*
Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #38
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

My son's D3 team starts camp next Saturday night

Best thing that could happen to college football is for USC and Penn State to go undefeated and neither play for the National Title .... Esp if one loss Florida or Texas beat them out.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Clemson loses two practices for wearing leg girdles before the 5th practice. Pretty retarded.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #40
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
Best thing that could happen to college football is for USC and Penn State to go undefeated and neither play for the National Title ....
Worst thing that could happen is for Penn St to go undefeated with their schedule and play for the national title.

[showing my ignorance]What's a leg girdle?[/exposing myself as a soccer player in HS]
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The two practices were given back to Clemson. I am not even sure what they are but that was what they were described as when I read about it. Seems like there's pictures out there of a bunch of teams using them and only CU was punished and it's been rectified.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #42
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
The two practices were given back to Clemson. I am not even sure what they are but that was what they were described as when I read about it. Seems like there's pictures out there of a bunch of teams using them and only CU was punished and it's been rectified.

Apparently Paul Johnson reported them to the ACC, and of note GT was the only team not wearing girdle pads on Friday, but theye were on Thursday.

Getting the practices back is little consolation after today;s 2 a days were cancelled...kinda a mute gesture.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #43
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Wilson was the guy Mizzou wanted in the previous class, and it seemed a two way street, and then Petrino got hired ...still got Glaser out of Arkansas, but Wilson was the first choice and I am not at all suprised to see him doing as well as he is.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #44
Logan
Head Coach

Rutgers finally opened camp yesterday. We start off with an immediate test, welcoming Cincy to the newly expanded Rutgers Stadium on Labor Day. They'll be replacing a lot of talent on defense, so that should hopefully help our new offense (QB, both starting WRs) get acclimated. A weak OOC schedule combined with the most difficult Big East games being at home will hopefully lead to big things. If this team wins, it will be on the strength of the defense and one of the best OLs in the country.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #45
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
My son's D3 team starts camp next Saturday night

Best thing that could happen to college football is for USC and Penn State to go undefeated and neither play for the National Title .... Esp if one loss Florida or Texas beat them out.

Penn State fans are use to going undefeated and not getting at least a share.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #46
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Worst thing that could happen is for Penn St to go undefeated with their schedule and play for the national title.

[showing my ignorance]What's a leg girdle?[/exposing myself as a soccer player in HS]

Right because Florida has such a tough OOC schedule with FIU and Charleston Southern. Texas plays juggernauts like Louisana Monroe and Wyoming.

USC plays good teams, and goes out to schedule them year in and year out. The SEC is notorious (Georgia aside for the past two seasons) of not leaving the south for OOC games. But they have the crutch the ESPN loves the SEC and always says how great the conference is.

I'm not defending PSU's schedule because it is putrid, but before you go making accusations, look around at other teams.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #47
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Right because Florida has such a tough OOC schedule with FIU and Charleston Southern. Texas plays juggernauts like Louisana Monroe and Wyoming.

USC plays good teams, and goes out to schedule them year in and year out. The SEC is notorious (Georgia aside for the past two seasons) of not leaving the south for OOC games. But they have the crutch the ESPN loves the SEC and always says how great the conference is.

I'm not defending PSU's schedule because it is putrid, but before you go making accusations, look around at other teams.
I'm always skeptical of the argument that SEC teams have such a tougher in-conference schedule that they can be excused for scheduling patsies OOC, but Penn St's schedule is particularly notable this year because of how easy it is in-conference. Ohio St/Iowa at home. What's the toughest road game - at Michigan St late in the season?

Looking at the rest of the top 10 Florida may not leave their state OOC, but at least they play FSU every year. Texas played teams like TCU, Arkansas and Ohio St in recent years. Oklahoma has BYU, Tulsa and @Miami. Va Tech schedules a huge opponent week 1 every year it seems - this year it's SEC Alabama at a neutral site. LSU (another team that played VT) is going to Washington. Ole Miss went to Wake Forest and Missouri recently. Even Ohio St plays one marquee game. When was the last time Penn St left the northeast? (Answer: 2003)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #48
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Looking at the rest of the top 10 Florida may not leave their state OOC, but at least they play FSU every year. Texas played teams like TCU, Arkansas and Ohio St in recent years. Oklahoma has BYU, Tulsa and @Miami. Va Tech schedules a huge opponent week 1 every year it seems - this year it's SEC Alabama at a neutral site. LSU (another team that played VT) is going to Washington. Ole Miss went to Wake Forest and Missouri recently. Even Ohio St plays one marquee game. When was the last time Penn St left the northeast? (Answer: 2003)

They have a H/H with Alabama coming up in 2010/2011, also they have Colorado, Miami (Fla) coming up later in the 2010s. In 2012/2013 they have a home and home against Virginia followed in 2014/2015 with home and homes against both Nebraska and Rutgers.

Earlier this decade they had home and homes with Miami 1999-2000, Boston College in 2004-2005 (I know in the Northeast), Nebraska in 2002 and 2003. Penn State played Notre Dame a few years ago in a home and home, 2007/2008.

When they scheduled this game with Syracuse, the Orange were coming off good seasons. It isn't Penn State's fault that Syracuse went into the shitter. Also, Alabama was suppose to be a home and home for 2008/2009 but they backed out and wanted the series move till later in the decade when they were off probation.

Also I didn't know Indiana was considered the Northeast. I thought that was the midwest. So the REAL answer is 2007.

Plus don't pat Florida on the back too much for playing the Seminoles, they have been mediocre at best this decade, same goes with Miami post 2003.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 08-11-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #49
BishopMVP
Coordinator

It's great they're scheduling better for the future, and the Alabama thing does hurt them, but it doesn't alter the 2 main points that SEC teams do leave the south, or at least play quality OOC teams, as often as Big Ten powers - and that PSU's schedule this year is exceedingly easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Also I didn't know Indiana was considered the Northeast. I thought that was the midwest. So the REAL answer is 2007.
It's still in the northeast quadrant (If we're going more regionally I don't consider PA more than 30 min west of Philly the northeast.)
us_map.gif
Less than 500 miles doesn't count - it's less than the width of Texas or length of California.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 08-11-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #50
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's great they're scheduling better for the future, and the Alabama thing does hurt them, but it doesn't alter the 2 main points that SEC teams do leave the south, or at least play quality OOC teams, as often as Big Ten powers - and that PSU's schedule this year is exceedingly easy.It's still in the northeast quadrant Attachment 866
Less than 500 miles doesn't count - it's less than the width of Texas or length of California.

Their lack of a quality OOC schedule will hurt them just like last year. They HAVE to run the table. They won't get the benefit of the doubt of being in the talks if there are a conglomerate of 1 loss teams.

I highly doubt they get through the year undefeated. Ohio State aside, Illinois is going to be a tough game, and I never count out Michigan (who they have beaten 1 time in 10 tries) and Michigan State. I worry too much about their offensive line and secondary.