Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2024, 02:08 PM   #26551
Schmidty
Coordinator

Double dola.

I just realized that I mistook Logan Paul as being Jake Paul.

I have no idea how that little dork doesn’t get knocked out. Don’t know anything about him.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:11 PM   #26552
molson
General Manager

Jake is the boxer. If you watched a boxing match, that was probably Jake (Logan did have a couple of boxing matches, on a much smaller scale).

Logan is a pro wrestler with with the WWE. He is actually pretty great at it - great athlete, great charisma, can make a crowd hate him, makes a match feel like a big deal, picked it all up in a very short time (it helps that he's booked against the very best wrestlers, but still, he's been great).

I know too little about them to hate them like everyone else, I know nothing of their influencer stuff or why exactly they're famous, but I think how they've built their whole brand is impressive. And their clearly put the work into their athletic pursuits. There's probably a million assholes trying to be them (and if that's their legacy its a shitty legacy), but they actually pulled it off. As far as I know, they just got rich and famous just starting with an internet connection in Ohio.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2024 at 05:17 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:47 PM   #26553
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, this will be my last random thought here, because this isn’t the boxing thread, but I just watched the Anthony Joshua fight and that guy is a real fighter. Seems humble too. I’ll be watching him.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:23 AM   #26554
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I feel like my credit card gets hacked at least once a year and it's not like I am going to any sketchy sites.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:54 AM   #26555
bob
College Starter

Anyone have any advice on which one my daughter should take first - AP Micro or Macro Economics? I've seen mixed answers online.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:47 AM   #26556
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If the boomers only realized how powerful the LeBron vs MJ wedge issue was.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:03 AM   #26557
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Anyone have any advice on which one my daughter should take first - AP Micro or Macro Economics? I've seen mixed answers online.

My recommendation would be micro then macro. To me it made more sense to learn the smaller grouping first then move to the larger grouping. The maddening part is that a lot of what you learn in one is 180 degrees off from the other.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #26558
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I answered a call today. It was a junk call and pretty clearly an AI-generated voice. But the voice had an Indian accent to make it seem like a human telemarketer in a call center.

The future is weird.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:10 AM   #26559
miami_fan
Coordinator

If the state legislature can figure out a way to get this to apply to all roads, increase the fines to $1 billion and the immediate firing, jailing and lashing of any law enforcement personnel that allows this scourge to take place, I might vote to keep them in office.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/f...rictions-pass/

Yes, I have a intense disdain for people who refuse to move the right and hold up the left lane traffic.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #26560
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I thought that already was the law most places. Not the lashing part :-)

I was taught in driver’s ed that it was actually a violation to cruise in the left lane.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:34 AM   #26561
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I thought it was the law also.
Old 03-15-2024, 11:57 AM   #26562
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I thought that already was the law most places. Not the lashing part :-)

I was taught in driver’s ed that it was actually a violation to cruise in the left lane.

The law -- much less its application & enforcement -- varies state by state.

The most common wording seems to be such that it's actually illegal to be in the left lane unless you're passing someone. (Again, it can vary considerably I'm only saying "most common")

How many speed demons want THAT enforced?
Old 03-15-2024, 12:31 PM   #26563
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I do, because that's how I drive.

And yes, this is something I rail against constantly and make a point of trying to embarrass these drivers when it's the most egregious. It's not the law here, but it should be. It's one of the most common instigators of road rage. LE should be more proactively pulling drivers over who are gumming up traffic and forcing people to pass on the left.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:32 PM   #26564
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
They have a law in Texas that for certain designated roadways, there can be no tractor trailers in the left most lane. But for everything else, it is keep in the right lane unless passing. The state troopers do occasionally run enforcement weekends where they explicitly look for people not moving over.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:38 PM   #26565
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I do, because that's how I drive.

And yes, this is something I rail against constantly and make a point of trying to embarrass these drivers when it's the most egregious. It's not the law here, but it should be. It's one of the most common instigators of road rage. LE should be more proactively pulling drivers over who are gumming up traffic and forcing people to pass on the left.

I think you missed my point.

You couldn't be in the left lane driving legally if the right lane is going the speed limit.

I'd settle for consistency honestly. One of the oldest running jokes in Atlanta is the "real" speed limit: 75 on I-75, 85 on I-85, and 285 on I-285.

If those are the tolerated points, then set the fucking speed limit to those. Otherwise, enforce the fucking laws on the books.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:01 PM   #26566
cartman
Death Herald

I'm also a big fan of the "no passing on the right" rule, but that would require more enforcement of "keep right unless passing".
Old 03-15-2024, 01:37 PM   #26567
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think you missed my point.

You couldn't be in the left lane driving legally if the right lane is going the speed limit.

The left lane is for passing. Period. If the right lane is going the speed limit, the left lane should be going fast enough to pass them. Everybody speeds. Going 5-6 MPH over the speed limit is not going to get pulled over 99% of the time (unless you're driving erratically or the weather suggests you should be going slower), especially when it results in a consistent traffic flow. As long as the flow of traffic isn't inhibited or you're not speeding excessively (as in, the right lane is already going 10-15 MPH over the speed limit and you're in the left lane going 20-25 MPH over the speed limit to pass), then there shouldn't be an issue. I also think LE can use some discretion in situations in which the amount of traffic requires people to be in both lanes because no one is really able to pass or be passed.

You make this the law, and you enforce it against the a-holes who park it in the left lane regardless of who is around them or how fast anyone is going. That's the way this should work.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-15-2024, 01:47 PM   #26568
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

[quote=Ksyrup;3428637]

Quote:
You make this the law, and you enforce it against the a-holes who park it in the left lane regardless of who is around them or how fast anyone is going. That's the way this should work.

That's where we fundamentally disagree. The assholes are the routine superspeeders, and if the tech & the law allowed it, I'd vaporize every fucking one of them on sight.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:03 PM   #26569
Ksyrup

The people who sit in the left lane are routinely going slower than the flow of traffic or, sitting at the exact speed as the cars to the right of them, unwilling to move over and gumming up traffic. They are a huge problem.

I don't disagree with you on "superspeeders" (although I don't know exactly how you define that). Certainly, excessive speeding is dangerous. But this is not an either/or situation. The a-holes sitting in the left lane are not necessarily slowing down "superspeeders." They're just blocking the flow of traffic. If you aren't going to actively pass someone on the right, you should be on the left unless there is excessive traffic where everyone is more or less doing the same speed and using all available lanes.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-15-2024 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 02:43 PM   #26570
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Super speeders are my pet peeve. Especially when they’re driving a shitty older car. Like bro the last year they even made Pontiac ack ack ack was 2009
Old 03-15-2024, 03:17 PM   #26571
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Watching 311's Tiny Desk Concert from this week really made me feel old.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:26 PM   #26572
Ksyrup

You mean 933?
Old 03-15-2024, 03:28 PM   #26573
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Oh boy, you just triggered QuikSand.

edit: @stevew

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 03-15-2024 at 03:29 PM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:45 PM   #26574
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't disagree with you on "superspeeders" (although I don't know exactly how you define that). Certainly, excessive speeding is dangerous. But this is not an either/or situation. The a-holes sitting in the left lane are not necessarily slowing down "superspeeders." They're just blocking the flow of traffic. If you aren't going to actively pass someone on the right, you should be on the left unless there is excessive traffic where everyone is more or less doing the same speed and using all available lanes.

This is where I am at as well. If both are breaking the law, go ahead and vaporize both.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-15-2024, 04:09 PM   #26575
cartman
Death Herald

Texas has a weird situation when it comes to speed limits, Ksyrup and the other legal beagles here might like this.

The transportation code states you are speeding when you are driving at a speed that is not reasonable and prudent for the current road conditions. Driving above the posted speed limit is considered "prima facie" for speeding, meaning at first glance, or true absent other information. If you can show supporting evidence that by driving above the posted speed limit you were not infringing on reasonable and prudent, then you can get a ticket dismissed.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:24 PM   #26576
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

What if you have a fetus in the car, though?
Old 03-15-2024, 04:32 PM   #26577
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
What if you have a fetus in the car, though?

Don't even get me started, one of my longest standing legal pet peeves (fetal homicide charges vs legal abortion ... one or the other, I don't give a fuck which side you're on, but not BOTH. Having both on the books is nonsensical depending upon the wording)

I've been annoyed by that particular paradox for going on 40 years now (which would be when it first dawned on me)
Old 03-15-2024, 05:14 PM   #26578
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

One would think that fetal homicide is killing someone ELSE'S baby not your own.

sorry...sorry....trying to use logic....won't happen again
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:59 PM   #26579
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Bill Maher Fires CAA After Oscar Party Snub

One of the worst people alive gets snubbed and acts like a little bitch about it. Nice.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:34 AM   #26580
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure Texas Republicans would be just fine tacking on child endangerment charges to a pregnant woman who was speeding, but apparently there's no problem with cutting Medicaid funding or free school lunches which puts hundreds of thousands of children in danger.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:17 AM   #26581
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
My recommendation would be micro then macro. To me it made more sense to learn the smaller grouping first then move to the larger grouping. The maddening part is that a lot of what you learn in one is 180 degrees off from the other.

Thanks! That’s the way we were leaning but nice to have some confirmation.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 03:04 PM   #26582
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Tyson is 58.

My guess is fair chance in early rounds but if it goes past round 1-2, he’s going to be gassed.

Oh yeah? Well, he's been training with Maynard from Tool, so he should be fully prepared to... sit in the corner for about 90 minutes barely moving and singing to himself.

TOOL's MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN Helped Train MIKE TYSON For His Upcoming Comeback Fight
Old 03-17-2024, 03:28 PM   #26583
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh yeah? Well, he's been training with Maynard from Tool, so he should be fully prepared to... sit in the corner for about 90 minutes barely moving and singing to himself.

TOOL's MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN Helped Train MIKE TYSON For His Upcoming Comeback Fight

No respect.

No Mister Tyson, I do not want to fuck with you.

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:06 PM   #26584
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't expect this to be a real fight. This is going to be a choreographed exhibition. Paul is saying they intend for it to be a full, professional fight but that's likely to generate interest. They'll dance around and take it easy, Paul will win on points, and both guys walk away with a ton of cash.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:13 PM   #26585
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
No respect.

No Mister Tyson, I do not want to fuck with you.

Tyson is going to chew Paul up like Holyfield's ear.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:49 PM   #26586
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone noticed that dry cleaners have an uncanny knack for remembering who you are? I only got a few times a year and they immediately recognize me somehow.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:08 PM   #26587
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm bearing my soul to you guys right now.

But the show Hoarders is one of my guilty pleasures.

I'm sorry. But I need help.

Please give me some extra toasty Cheeze-Its.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:28 PM   #26588
Ksyrup

I loved that show. I don't think they make it anymore? I know Matt Paxton is no longer on the show. There are also some crappy imitations.

One of the doctors, Michael Tompkins, was a real favorite of mine. I felt like he was a really good doc, very empathetic. There was one episode in particular where I just thought he handled the person unbelievably well.

It is always shot/cut in the same way - you see a person who usually doesn't understand how out of touch with reality they are, they promise to do their best and ccoperate, they eventually hit a point where they go backwards, then they go completely off the deep end (sometimes violently), there's a "come to Jesus" moment of some sort, and then - SURPRISE! - the last 12 minutes or so, they get their shit together and there's a semi-happy ending/reveal. And then they show the epilogue and 90% of the time, they've refused all help and gone back into the shitter.

The reason I'm interested in this topic and watched the show was because I had a relative who was a hoarder who sadly died literally buried in her hoard. It was pretty traumatic. My uncle found her, but we came up a week or two later to help clean out the condo she was living in. Even seeing it in real life and watching dozens and dozens of episodes of the show, it's still hard to comprehend.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-17-2024 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:01 PM   #26589
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I Both love and hate corned beef right now.

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY FOFC!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2024, 07:50 PM   #26590
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

i've been watching it to help myself through my own hoarder issues
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:35 PM   #26591
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Maybe Dr. Pimple Popper can help?

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:33 AM   #26592
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Has anyone noticed that dry cleaners have an uncanny knack for remembering who you are? I only got a few times a year and they immediately recognize me somehow.
I think it’s probably just contextual. Like I used to know what brand everyone smoked when I worked at a gas station.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:31 AM   #26593
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I used to be right there with you.

Quote:
I loved that show. I don't think they make it anymore? I know Matt Paxton is no longer on the show. There are also some crappy imitations.

One of the doctors, Michael Tompkins, was a real favorite of mine. I felt like he was a really good doc, very empathetic. There was one episode in particular where I just thought he handled the person unbelievably well.

It is always shot/cut in the same way - you see a person who usually doesn't understand how out of touch with reality they are, they promise to do their best and ccoperate, they eventually hit a point where they go backwards, then they go completely off the deep end (sometimes violently), there's a "come to Jesus" moment of some sort, and then - SURPRISE! - the last 12 minutes or so, they get their shit together and there's a semi-happy ending/reveal. And then they show the epilogue and 90% of the time, they've refused all help and gone back into the shitter.

The reason I'm interested in this topic and watched the show was because I had a relative who was a hoarder who sadly died literally buried in her hoard. It was pretty traumatic. My uncle found her, but we came up a week or two later to help clean out the condo she was living in. Even seeing it in real life and watching dozens and dozens of episodes of the show, it's still hard to comprehend.

I was always fascinated and impressed by how the doctors and even the clean up crews treated the hoarders with empathy in a way that I am not sure I could do. I have been visited places with a fraction of the trash/pet feces and the smell alone was overwhelming.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:15 PM   #26594
Ksyrup

Sometimes, things synch so perfectly you wonder if there's a higher power controlling everything.

Like the time when you take a huge swig of hot tea at the exact moment you feel a quick sneeze coming on, and can do nothing more than just put your face into your sleeve and blow a mouthful of hot water straight into your arm and down to the floor.

I don't know who was controlling that precise moment in my life about 30 minutes ago, but they have a helluva sense of humor. But also not too cruel of a sense of humor, because fortunately, I was working from home in my basement and not in the office today.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:18 PM   #26595
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wish there was a more efficient way to urinate, especially in the middle of the night. Nothing worse then trying to stay as asleep as possible for 90 seconds while taking a leak at 3 AM every day.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:19 PM   #26596
RainMaker
General Manager

There are times as I've gotten older and have to get up to pee 3 times a night that a catheter doesn't sound all that bad.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:20 PM   #26597
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There are times as I've gotten older and have to get up to pee 3 times a night that a catheter doesn't sound all that bad.

and you hit a certain point where it's like, why bother going back to sleep.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:24 PM   #26598
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think the same thing when I'm drinking alcohol and playing video games or watching a movie.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:52 PM   #26599
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wish there was a more efficient way to urinate, especially in the middle of the night. Nothing worse then trying to stay as asleep as possible for 90 seconds while taking a leak at 3 AM every day.

I know this sounds counterintuitive, but it works. Sit down. Way less thought and struggle required. Back to sleep much faster. This is what I have learned.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:53 PM   #26600
cuervo72
Head Coach

Man, I've been sitting down 90% of the time since working at home. Of course I am constantly in either shorts or sweats with no fly, so it's just easier. Slide everything down and park it. Same goes for 4 in the morning.