Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ben Roethlisberger, serial rapist?

Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault in Milledgeville *| ajc.com

So, number two? May end up being nothing, but damn.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
bhlloy
Coordinator

WTF... Even some of the most notorious NFL offenders have gone an entire career without managing to be accused of sexual assault, let alone twice. At the very least it seems like Big Ben could improve the quality of ladies he's spending time with and at worst... this could be a very interesting first test of Goodell's personal conduct policy. Does he have the balls to drop the hammer on one of the league's stars if this does turn into anything criminal?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Comey
College Starter

Does anyone find it interesting that the woman described her attacker as "six-foot-five, 241 pounds"?

That's...awfully descriptive.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Does anyone find it interesting that the woman described her attacker as "six-foot-five, 241 pounds"?

That's...awfully descriptive.

That is a big part of the story here, because the incident report does not specifically name him...but matches to how he's listed on the roster.

Maybe she's a Steelers fan with a Rainman like memory?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
miked
College Starter

Having been to Milledgeville...yuck.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
That is a big part of the story here, because the incident report does not specifically name him...but matches to how he's listed on the roster.

Maybe she's a Steelers fan with a Rainman like memory?

I like the first accuser:

"Although no criminal charges were filed, the woman, Andrea McNulty, filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger to compel him to make a public admission and give her an apology and $100,000."

What happen with the first case? Wasn't the accuser being bagged on by other witnesses?

Last edited by Galaxy : 03-05-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #7
Balldog
Pro Rookie

There were rumors when he was in high school that he and two of his buddies raped/sexually assaulted a girl at a part.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I like the first accuser:

"Although no criminal charges were filed, the woman, Andrea McNulty, filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger to compel him to make a public admission and give her an apology and $100,000."

What happen with the first case? Wasn't the accuser being bagged on by other witnesses?

The first accuser really didn't have much of a case, but with this one it starts looking like smoke/fire. It may not be more than he doesn't have the sense to not put himself in questionable situations. Yet this one looks a little more of a problem. She didn't wait a year, or even an hour it seems, before contacting police and being taken to a hospital. The "rape kit" report is going to be what determines how far this goes.

BTW, the reason he was in Millegdeville is because he owns a house on Lake Occonee not far from there. It is a college town, and the Capital City is a student bar/hang-out.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #9
GrantDawg

NVM about the rape kit. It sounds lke might not of raped her, more groped her. The fishy thing so far is that she supposedly was bar-hopping with him most of the night, but then couldn't give police a name. Really? The actual police report will be interesting to read. I would guess the claim is he followed her in the bathroom and thought she would be willing to have sex with him. She refused, but still tried to "persuade" her by feeling her up.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #10
Danny
Head Coach

Where there is smoke, there's usually fire. I'm not saying Big Ben is a rapist, but as much as I like him as a football player, at the least he seems to make real questionable decisions off the field.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #11
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
NVM about the rape kit. It sounds lke might not of raped her, more groped her. The fishy thing so far is that she supposedly was bar-hopping with him most of the night, but then couldn't give police a name. Really? The actual police report will be interesting to read. I would guess the claim is he followed her in the bathroom and thought she would be willing to have sex with him. She refused, but still tried to "persuade" her by feeling her up.

So I guess he tried to keep the play going, and ended up holding on too long again?

Too soon?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.

I disagree. In the UK there have been so many cases against top soccer players that have been thrown out of court I am instantly sceptical of any claim against a prominent public figure.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
I disagree. In the UK there have been so many cases against top soccer players that have been thrown out of court I am instantly sceptical of any claim against a prominent public figure.

Well this is Amerry-ca buddy and here in these States, we don't go by them thar rooles.

Here, accusation = guilty. Got it?
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am sure Ben is innocent here but he is guilty of one thing: putting himself in positions for this to happen. What point is there in being in Random, USA partying with a bunch of college kids? You make a 100 mil and are the face of the one of the most historic franchises in any sport, and you put yourself out there like this?

There is a reason you don't hear shit like this with Manning or Brady, they don't allow themselves to be in such a position.

Ben needs to grow up.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Have to take that comment with the rest of my post. I am not saying the fire is him being a rapist, but him putting himself in questionable positions and making questionable choices.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #16
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ben needs to grow up.
QFT

The only question I have with the girl in question being 20 years old; Is she underage for the Bar, or was Ben hanging out at one of those underage 18+ kiddie clubs?

It has been reported that the incident occurred at a Night Club, so I am guessing it is a Bar and not a restaurant.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
QFT

The only question I have with the girl in question being 20 years old; Is she underage for the Bar, or was Ben hanging out at one of those underage 18+ kiddie clubs?

It has been reported that the incident occurred at a Night Club, so I am guessing it is a Bar and not a restaurant.

Its a college bar, everything would 18+ to get in 21+ to drink
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #18
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Although I had forgotten that myself (sorry, it had been a while since I heard that place mentioned), I think CU is right about the 18/21 thing. Or so says a couple of "club reviews" websites I found with a little Googling.

Here's a link to the club btw, predominantly a country bar.
Capital City - Milledgeville GA
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #19
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Everytime I see the title of this thread I think of the one line in Step Brothers where John C Reily goes "I am so not a raper"
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #20
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Its a college bar, everything would 18+ to get in 21+ to drink
So, it is one of those places that allows High Schoolers in. I guess this means he didn't break any laws getting her into the club then. And, Hopefully she wasn't drinking.

BTW. Any truth to the Rumors that this occured in a Bathroom inside the Club?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #21
hhiipp
College Prospect

Maybe it was like at the Zoo where they have a 'family' restroom.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #22
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:

I wouldn't use the UK as a benchmark in anything related to violence against women. Even the Home Office admitted as recently as 2007 that fewer than 6% of the paltry number of rape cases that get reported ever result in a conviction. This number was so pathetic that it even made news here in the US.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
I am sure Ben is innocent here but he is guilty of one thing: putting himself in positions for this to happen. What point is there in being in Random, USA partying with a bunch of college kids? You make a 100 mil and are the face of the one of the most historic franchises in any sport, and you put yourself out there like this?

There is a reason you don't hear shit like this with Manning or Brady, they don't allow themselves to be in such a position.

Ben needs to grow up.

Yeah, this.

He may not be a rapist, he may not even be a groper...but he is guilty of being the "old guy" at the college party. Something that franchise QB's that make his kind of money should not be aspiring to in their social lives.

Not that it doesnt happen (and all other caveats needed to not sound like an insensitive ass)...but I can recall the "r" word being thrown around pretty carelessly by some girls for varying reasons (embarrassment, pregnancy, ignorance, attention, etc.).

Just strikes me as a situation that Ben should already be wary of and not end up in. Maybe he should be looking for 25+ yr olds who don't frequent college bars.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #24
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
I am sure Ben is innocent here but he is guilty of one thing: putting himself in positions for this to happen.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well Ben ain't going with the legal system backups.

Attorney Ed Garland to represent Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger *| ajc.com

Veteran Atlanta defense lawyer Ed Garland confirmed Monday that he is representing Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on allegations that he sexually assaulted a Georgia College & State University student. ... In 2000, Garland represented Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was charged with murder in a Buckhead street fight after a night of post-Super Bowl celebrating. In mid-trial, on June 5, 2000, Fulton County prosecutors dropped the murder charges against Lewis, allowing him to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge.

Four years later, Garland represented another Baltimore Raven, Atlanta native Jamal Lewis, who was facing federal drug charges. Jamal Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of using a cellphone to facilitate a drug transaction and was sentenced to a minimum-security prison for four months after the 2004 NFL season was over.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
MikeVic
Head Coach

Well if he got Ray Lewis off murder, a rape accusation should be no big deal right?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #27
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

How is everyone sure Ben is innocent?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post

I'm not, but I choose to side with Ben.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #29
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
Any truth to the Rumors that this occured in a Bathroom inside the Club?

There are no rumors of anywhere else being a crime scene, so the obvious conclusion is that it happened at the club - whatever "it" is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
It sounds lke might not of raped her, more groped her.

That's how the reporting reads to me on this. Yet, the same articles also reference waiting for lab reports. Why?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #30
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Totally agree. I have a young 6 year old daughter and from what is being reported on ESPN radio about this it is pissing me off if really true.

The police that handled the girl when she came in said she was hysterical and she did not look like a person "who was making it up". Also, they said that "evidence" was collected from the bar where there were numerous video cameras. Also the girl was only 20 and a college kid not that some girls are not cleaters but there is no excuse for whatever Ben did if any of it is true.
I agree no one is guilty or should be until proven in a court but it sure isn't looking good.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #31
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Yeah, this.

He may not be a rapist, he may not even be a groper...but he is guilty of being the "old guy" at the college party. Something that franchise QB's that make his kind of money should not be aspiring to in their social lives.

Not that it doesnt happen (and all other caveats needed to not sound like an insensitive ass)...but I can recall the "r" word being thrown around pretty carelessly by some girls for varying reasons (embarrassment, pregnancy, ignorance, attention, etc.).

Just strikes me as a situation that Ben should already be wary of and not end up in. Maybe he should be looking for 25+ yr olds who don't frequent college bars.

He should clearly go on Millionaire Matchmaker. Or at least talk to Tiger Woods and get tips from him.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #32
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
He should clearly go on Millionaire Matchmaker. Or at least talk to Tiger Woods and get tips from him.

Exactly. At least they are upfront about being gold diggers there.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #33
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:

I'm not certain, personally. Just certain that, if he is innocent, that he would be innocent and NOT accused of rape had he avoided playing "big man on campus".
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #34
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Exactly. At least they are upfront about being gold diggers there.

I find that show kinda hilarious to be honest. The guys (no matter how old/ugly) all want these hot 25 year-old blonde southern california girls and the girls all want "true love" (by which they mean "a sugar daddy"). And the whole thing is just like...so clear, and yet they all try to deny it. The matchmaker-lady is all "oh no...i want these girls to find true love...blah blah blah" when in reality all that the vast majority of the girls care about is "how much stuff can he buy me?" and everything else is farrrrrr behind that.

It's amusing.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #35
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I'm probably just reading into it, but a lot of people quoted a post that started with "I am sure Ben is innocent" and +1'd it. Other people talking about how needs to grow up, or start being smarter.

Maybe he needs to stop being a rapey asshole?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #36
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm probably just reading into it, but a lot of people quoted a post that started with "I am sure Ben is innocent" and +1'd it. Other people talking about how needs to grow up, or start being smarter.

Maybe he needs to stop being a rapey asshole?

Seriously.

As a pro athlete idk how you put yourself into a situation in this country today where such a thing could even potentially be construed as happening.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #37
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seriously.

As a pro athlete idk how you put yourself into a situation in this country today where such a thing could even potentially be construed as happening.

Ben was never the sharpest tool in the tool shed.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #38
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Seriously.

I always thought these guys had handlers that would say "dude, maybe that isn't the best idea" or "Hey, don't go in that teenie bar, maybe let's order in a salad".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #39
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I always thought these guys had handlers that would say "dude, maybe that isn't the best idea" or "Hey, don't go in that teenie bar, maybe let's order in a salad".

That's what I thought too. If not...how do I go about starting a business to be that person?

"Hi...I'll keep you from making stupid decisions like DUI or raping that girl, or gambling away money that you can't afford to gamble away." It's like being a 24-7 personal assistant, but one who's not afraid to speak up.

And seriously...if Ben R. wants some hot lil college girls to slurp on his knob...I'm sure some handler could go out there and find WILLING girls for him, get them to sign a statement of willingness and non-disclosure, and then bring them to his house. Jeezus man...think for a minute! It's like that Chris Rock skit with the "sex contract." Gotta protect yourself!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-08-2010 at 12:06 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #40
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually he had several bodyguards (for lack of a better description) with him according to several people interviewed that were in the bar as well as other locations he visited earlier in the night.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #41
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
That's what I thought too. If not...how do I go about starting a business to be that person?

"Hi...I'll keep you from making stupid decisions like DUI or raping that girl, or gambling away money that you can't afford to gamble away." It's like being a 24-7 personal assistant, but one who's not afraid to speak up.

And seriously...if Ben R. wants some hot lil college girls to slurp on his knob...I'm sure some handler could go out there and find WILLING girls for him, get them to sign a statement of willingness and non-disclosure, and then bring them to his house. Jeezus man...think for a minute! It's like that Chris Rock skit with the "sex contract." Gotta protect yourself!!

Exactly. And on top of that, some SMOKIN HOT 18 year old ass.

We really need to start up this business. We'd be so fucking rich. Then again, we'd need our own handlers, too.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #42
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Of the various quotes from the different articles, this is the one that stuck out to me

Quote:
Amber Hanley, a 21-year-old college student, said she and a few friends were also in the VIP area with Roethlisberger. She said she asked the quarterback to take a photo with her friend, whose boyfriend was a fan, but he seemed disappointed that's all she wanted. Hanley said she rolled her eyes, and Roethlisberger called her an expletive and walked away. Later, Roethlisberger was aggressively hitting on another girl, Hanley said.

If that's accurate, does anyone really find it hard to believe that he did some unauthorized groping? And that's about all that's required for a charge of sexual battery in Georgia

Quote:
16-6-22.1. Sexual battery.
(a) For the purposes of this Code section, the term "intimate parts"
means the primary genital area, anus, groin, inner thighs, or buttocks
of a male or female and the breasts of a female.
(b) A person commits the offense of sexual battery when he
intentionally makes physical contact with the intimate parts of the body
of another person without the consent of that person.
(c) A person convicted of the offense of sexual battery shall be
punished as for a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

Oh, and that "high and aggravated nature" part
Quote:
17-10-4. Punishment for misdemeanors of a high and aggravated nature.
A person who is convicted of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated
nature shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $5,000.00 or by
confinement in the county or other jail, county correctional
institution, or such other places as counties may provide for
maintenance of county inmates, for a term not to exceed 12 months, or
both. In all cases of a conviction of a misdemeanor of a high and
aggravated nature, the sentencing court shall retain jurisdiction to
amend, modify, alter, suspend, or probate sentences imposed under this
Code section at any time; but in no instance shall a sentence under this
Code section be modified in such a manner as to place a county inmate
under the jurisdiction of the Board of Corrections.
Notwithstanding any laws to the contrary, a person sentenced for a
misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature shall be entitled to only
four days per month earned time allowance.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-08-2010 at 12:12 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #43
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Actually he had several bodyguards (for lack of a better description) with him according to several people interviewed that were in the bar as well as other locations he visited earlier in the night.

These guys should be fired and Ben should hire the firm of Rizon and DaddyTorgo. "We Know How to Get The Knob That Won't Rob".
Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #44
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

We really need to start up this business. We'd be so fucking rich. Then again, we'd need our own handlers, too.

Seriously - I'm down with that. I think the beauty of the business lies in the fact that we'd just do the background checking and the training for the essentially independent contractors that we placed with the various athletes...then we collect a % of their salaries. Rather than being the actual handler-guys ourselves.

It really is an interesting idea...
Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #45
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
These guys should be fired and Ben should hire the firm of Rizon and DaddyTorgo. "We Know How to Get The Knob That Won't Rob".

LOL

Seriously...it's an interesting idea. Not sure how we'd go about setting it up...but willing to discuss the idea. I mean there's bodyguards sure...and there's personal assistants yeah...but how about a personal assistant that is looking out for your overall well-being rather than just getting you lattes in the morning and driving your one-night-stand home (although of course our guys would do that too).
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #46
JediKooter
Coordinator

How do you think he got his nick name of "Big Ben"? He don't need to rape anybody...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #47
MikeVic
Head Coach

So groping could just mean he grabbed her ass or something?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #48
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So groping could just mean he grabbed her ass or something?

Whatever it is I know no father would want someone doing it to his daughter.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

These millionaires aren't even smart enough sometimes to spend $20 on a cab ride when they've had any alcohol. That's way too much forward thinking you're asking them to do.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #50
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Whatever it is I know no father would want someone doing it to his daughter.

I'm not following the story closely, I just read all these rape things elsewhere and I'm wondering if he's just charged for groping, and what that could possibly mean.