Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Official NFL Offseason / Draft Thread

I don't think one was made yet, only the Andrew Luck thread.

Semi-interesting news in Pittsburgh, Dion Lewis is rumored to be entering the draft.

Pitt's Lewis likely headed to NFL draft

Not sure how he's grading out as a 3rd round pick to be honest. Fabulous first year, awful this year. I guess everyone is hoping to find a Ray Rice clone.

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There's also the hiring/firing thread. is this one just for player news?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Mark Ingram, Marcell Dareus, and Julio Jones all are entering the draft. Dont'a Hightower is staying.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

Taken off another board, an up to date list of early entrants:
  • Jerell Powe, DT, Mississippi
  • Tyron Smith, OT, USC
  • Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
  • Will Hill, S, Florida
  • Vidal Hazelton, WR, Cincinnati
  • Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
  • DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Mississippi
  • Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
  • Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
  • Shane Vereen, RB, California
  • Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina
  • Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
  • Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
  • Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
  • Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
  • Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
  • Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL)
  • Zane Parr, DE, Virginia
  • Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
  • Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
  • Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
  • Darren Evans, RB, Virginia Tech
  • J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
  • Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
  • Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
  • Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
  • Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
  • Dion Lewis, RB, Pittsburgh
  • Tom Keiser, LB, Stanford
  • Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
  • A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
  • Justin Houston, LB, Georgia
  • Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

With his comments made shortly after the regular season game, Jonathan Baldwin is all but gone from Pitt.

Lewis, from the article above, has received his grade, but has not yet filed for the draft yet. But, seems like a done deal too.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Swaggs
Coordinator

West Virginia safety Robert Sands sounds like he is turning pro. He had said that he would only go if he was graded as a 1st or 2nd rounder and his report came back as 3rd, but it sounds like an agent got in his ear and convinced him he will be a 2nd rounder.

He is a big kid for a safety (around 6'5 or 6'6) and a good player, but has had lingering injury problems.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

If I'm Carolina I call up the Niners and try to see how many 1s and 2s this year's #1 is worth to them...you know, just in case Luck wants to change his mind. You realize you're not gonna get him, might as well try to create value out of a pick that doesn't have as much as it used to in a draft with no clear #2.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
[*]A.J. Green, WR, Georgia[*]Justin Houston, LB, Georgia[*]Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

I thought maybe I hadn't been paying attention but none of these have formally declared anything as far as I can find. So far, Boykin has flatly denied it & Green has at least denied making a decision.

2011 NFL Draft: A.J. Green, Justin Houston Rumors Heating Up - SB Nation Atlanta
Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nnamdi Asomugha somehow voided his contract and will hit the open market. Gotta be a relief to get away from the Raiders.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha somehow voided his contract and will hit the open market. Gotta be a relief to get away from the Raiders.

NFLPA document: Nnamdi Asomugha of Oakland Raiders a free agent - ESPN

Quote:
Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document.

Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t.

His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.

To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.

He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn't have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

This is embarrassing on so many levels.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Kind of hard to give incentives to corners. The elite ones are just not going to see the ball.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Why do I feel like he's going to end up on the Redskins?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
miami_fan
Coordinator

I did not see the Raiders play a great deal this year but some of those incentives make no sense to tie to a player's free agency. You have already explained why interceptions is silly. Sacks? Unless you are blitzing him like a Charles Woodson, that is just dumb. Fumble recoveries? He has ONE fumble recovery in his career.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Plus, who gives contract-voiding incentives to players in the years they are expected to be in their prime? The point of incentives is to get the player to perform better or to protect the team if he doesn't, and is usually used later in contracts when a player is older or where there is a significant injury risk with a player.

This actually works the opposite. Since Asomugha is in his prime, and presuming he may not be entirely thrilled with some aspects of the Raider organization, these incentives become disincentives--ones he might not try to reach on purpose, in order to get out of his contract.

That's just dumb.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm the Lions I at least make sure I get an interview with him. Even if the Lions can get a decent CB at 1.13, there's a guy sitting there that teams threw at a total of 33 times all year and in his prime. This would also free up their draft a little as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Ryan Mallett declares for the draft. I believe John Clay did too.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #17
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I thought maybe I hadn't been paying attention but none of these have formally declared anything as far as I can find. So far, Boykin has flatly denied it & Green has at least denied making a decision.

2011 NFL Draft: A.J. Green, Justin Houston Rumors Heating Up - SB Nation Atlanta

Green declares. Kiper has him at #3 on his big board, IIRC, so it's not really surprising he's going.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Haha Jamie Harper Clemson RB declares after his Junior year.
Thats funny because he couldnt start at Clemson yet he is going pro.

Some team will probably take a flier on him, being 6'0 245 and running a 4.49 with great hands....but it just doesn't translate to the field somehow.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So he couldn't start over a guy that couldn't start on the Bills.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #20
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Bills starting rb isn't that bad
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Haha Jamie Harper Clemson RB declares after his Junior year.
Thats funny because he couldnt start at Clemson yet he is going pro.

Some team will probably take a flier on him, being 6'0 245 and running a 4.49 with great hands....but it just doesn't translate to the field somehow.

Sounds like a classic NFL 3rd round pick to me. I think every college fan has a story about a guy who looked like shit his entire college career, put up some decent combine numbers, got drafted in the middle rounds and never was heard of again. I've always wondered what an NFL team would look like if they based their drafts solely on college production - probably something like the Patriots of the last 5-7 years.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #22
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nnamdi Asomugha of Oakland Raiders a free agent after contract voids - ESPN

Pretty good CB available in free agency.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #23
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Faaawwwwkkk

Looks like Quizz Rodgers is coming out, conference call at 2.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I believe John Clay did too.

Alot of wear on him. I just stay clear.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Florida CB Janoris Jenkins has said he's staying in school for another year.

Based on what I've read that cuts down the number of "top end" CBs in this draft to two: Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara.

It doesn't look like the Lions are likely to get any top end at that position this year in the draft.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Florida CB Janoris Jenkins has said he's staying in school for another year.

Based on what I've read that cuts down the number of "top end" CBs in this draft to two: Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara.

It doesn't look like the Lions are likely to get any top end at that position this year in the draft.

Weeding through some mock drafts and I'm glad those aren't the ones picking for the Lions. OL because Stafford needs to be protected? The Lions were around 7th for sacks given up. DE when they still had Jenkins in their mock up, but taken later and DL is a strength.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Weeding through some mock drafts and I'm glad those aren't the ones picking for the Lions. OL because Stafford needs to be protected? The Lions were around 7th for sacks given up. DE when they still had Jenkins in their mock up, but taken later and DL is a strength.

Yeah, the biggest positions of need for the Lions are OLB and DB. They could use some more depth on the OL and DL, but neither is a huge position of need.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #28
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

3 Pitt players enter. Dion Lewis and Jon Baldwin as expected. FB Henry Hynoski as well. He's probably reading the writing on the wall...if Graham is hired as the new coach as expected, the FB has no place in the offense. He can block, he's pretty big ( about 260) and can catch a little. Most likely a 6th rounder.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

If the 49ers make a strong play at Asomugha and somehow fix their QB situation, they could be a force to be reckoned with next season. The team isn't THAT far from being good.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #30
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So he couldn't start over a guy that couldn't start on the Bills.

No he was 3rd string when Spiller as here.
He was 2nd to Andre Ellington this year.
He showed ou gainst FSU...but largely diappeared the rest of his career.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Does Spiller hold the record for fewest year 1 carries by a top 10 drafted back. Who wasn't hurt or Bo Jackson anyways. The situation in Buffalo is so odd. Spiller couldn't pass block I'm guessing?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #32
MikeVic
Head Coach

Don't the Dolphins need a coordinator?
Wannstedt eyes NFL return | ProFootballTalk
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #33
Logan
Head Coach

That can't be true. Everything I've heard from Pitt fans is that the stache still loves the school and intends to be a figurehead around there which will still entice recruits to go there.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #34
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Panthers hired Ron Rivera, San Diego's DC, as their new head coach. To go along with the 'Stache article posted, it's speculated that Rivera is seeking to bring him aboard as DC. In a twist, the Chargers are thought to be looking into hiring him for the job Rivera just left, as well.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #35
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Does Spiller hold the record for fewest year 1 carries by a top 10 drafted back. Who wasn't hurt or Bo Jackson anyways. The situation in Buffalo is so odd. Spiller couldn't pass block I'm guessing?

That and his lack of power between the tackles.... But the coaching staff didnt utilize him the correct way....in space
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #36
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
If the 49ers make a strong play at Asomugha and somehow fix their QB situation, they could be a force to be reckoned with next season. The team isn't THAT far from being good.

You hate to make the A.J. Feeley mistake. But if I were the Niners, I'd look long and hard and what it would take to get Kolb from the Eagles.

I agree that, with a QB and a new coach, that team is scary.

What's the word on Gore? How's he expected to come back from his injury?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not surprising but Terrell Pryor has already gone back on his promise to come back next year and has declared for the draft:

http://sportales.com/football/terrel...t-after-all-2/

Edit: Never mind, not verified yet. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does declare.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #38
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Not a surprise at all. Can the NCAA please f these teams in the rear so that stupid stuff like this doesn't happen? Or at least apply it's rules the same, regardless of conference and associated money.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #39
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Not surprising but Terrell Pryor has already gone back on his promise to come back next year and has declared for the draft:

Terrelle Pryor Announces He Will Enter NFL Draft After All | Sportales

Edit: Never mind, not verified yet. But, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does declare.

Please let this be true.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #40
whomario
Pro Starter

Isnīt Pryor injured and out for a while after surgery now and wonīt that hurt his draft stock quite a bit ?

Also, i might be totally off considering my lack of knowledge but is it that wrong to say that Cam Newton actually looked kind of "reserved"against Oregon ? Didnīt look like he had that strong a desire to run and actually stayed put a few times where iīd thought he could have run.
That should be good for his draft stock, right ?
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #41
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Please let this be true.

+infinity
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #42
bronconick
College Starter

It doesn't make a lot of sense for Pryor to come back. I wouldn't have put it past Tressel to decide 5 games in that he likes the new, less mouthy starting QB anyway and demote Pryor.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #43
QuikSand
lolzcat

As interesting Cam Newton is to talk about as an NFL prospect, I think Pryor might be even more intriguing. Not that I'd rate him higher, but I think the opinions about what he might be able to bring to an NFL roster might vary about as wildly as any player I can recall.

I've seen enough of Pryor to think that I don't want him even running my "wildcat" offense in the NFL... but he does have some physical gifts. Without stereotyping needlessly, I'd be really intrigued to see what an NFL team might be able to do with him if they get past the stigma of "investing in him as a QB of the future" stage, and get on to looking at him as an overall asset to the team. I'd be really intrigued to line him up in the slot, or as an H-back on passing situations - I think he could be a tough coverage matchup, a bit like many hoped we'd see from Matt Jones, for instance.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #44
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Isnīt Pryor injured and out for a while after surgery now and wonīt that hurt his draft stock quite a bit ?

Also, i might be totally off considering my lack of knowledge but is it that wrong to say that Cam Newton actually looked kind of "reserved"against Oregon ? Didnīt look like he had that strong a desire to run and actually stayed put a few times where iīd thought he could have run.
That should be good for his draft stock, right ?

I couldn't tell if Auburn decided not to call many straight Newton running plays based on a game plan where they figured Oregon would try to shut him down, if he was trying to show he could be a pocket passer, if he was trying not to get hurt, or what. I watched several Auburn games this year, and he looked nothing on Monday like he did the rest of the season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #45
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
As interesting Cam Newton is to talk about as an NFL prospect, I think Pryor might be even more intriguing. Not that I'd rate him higher, but I think the opinions about what he might be able to bring to an NFL roster might vary about as wildly as any player I can recall.

I've seen enough of Pryor to think that I don't want him even running my "wildcat" offense in the NFL... but he does have some physical gifts. Without stereotyping needlessly, I'd be really intrigued to see what an NFL team might be able to do with him if they get past the stigma of "investing in him as a QB of the future" stage, and get on to looking at him as an overall asset to the team. I'd be really intrigued to line him up in the slot, or as an H-back on passing situations - I think he could be a tough coverage matchup, a bit like many hoped we'd see from Matt Jones, for instance.

The problem is everything I hear about him indicates he thinks he should be an NFL QB and be the man. His coming out early doesn't do anything to make me think otherwise.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #46
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Was NOT impressed with Newtons accuracy at all Monday night. Newton actually reminds me more of Tebow than Vince Young. I was impressed by Newtons power as a runner.

Prior has a lot of work to do before he could be a NFL QB. His release is very slow and he hasnt had to read a lot of different defensive schemes. I think his best bet is to become a slash/WR player. If I was betting on it I would guess he doesnt do much as a NFL QB.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #47
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

As much as I hate ESPN, I still like reading/listening to Mort.

Caught this question on a chat today-

Quote:
J Treehorn (Malibu)

More likely to return to the Saints: Pierre Thomas or Reggie Bush?

Chris Mortensen (11:34 AM)

Maybe neither but I'd say Thomas has best chance. If Bush is willing to take a significant pay cut, then you never say never. A betting man would say both are gone.

Remember when Houston made the BIGGESTMISTAKEEVER!!!! passing on Bush for M Williams?

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 01-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #48
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
As much as I hate ESPN, I still like reading/listening to Mort.

Caught this question on a chat today-

Remember when Houston made the BIGGESTMISTAKEEVER!!!! passing on Bush for M Williams?

I also believe there was talk about them taking a QB so they also got knocked on for not taking Young.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #49
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
You hate to make the A.J. Feeley mistake. But if I were the Niners, I'd look long and hard and what it would take to get Kolb from the Eagles.

I agree that, with a QB and a new coach, that team is scary.

What's the word on Gore? How's he expected to come back from his injury?

I haven't heard anything at all about the injury, but that's probably not something to read into, considering the hoopla surrounding the coaching and GM positions. That being said, he's starting to get old (for an RB) and he's taken quite a beating on the 49ers. Something like the highest percentage of the team's total offense in the last 5 years in the entire league. Not to mention he had the major injury coming out of college. If he can come back healthy, the team picks up a QB somewhere (McNabb? Kolb? Orton? Kitna?) and all of a sudden this offense could be something very interesting.

Basically, the team has three massive holes: QB, DB and Pass Rush. Minor hole at WR (though I think this may be more of an offensive scheme problem - Davis, Crabtree, Walker and Morgan should be good enough), and they're probably one more good O-Lineman away from having a GOOD line. Without Gore, however, the team is severely limited offensively. Neither Dixon nor Westbrook seem to be good enough to be a feature back, so without Gore the team is severely lacking in the run game.

My ideal off-season? One of the top two CB's with #7, draft someone like Mallet or Kaepernick with a lower pick, sign Asomugha and acquire a veteran QB like Kolb to hold the fort while the new young QB learns the ropes.

Cautious optimism has been the name of the game for the last three years or so in Niner land, though. I'd like to see some results sooner rather than later.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Taking Williams was the catalyst for propelling the Texans into mediocrity. Kudos to them.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote