Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(WSOP) need some information about finishers

At the beginning of today's play.. there was 567 players. 7 left till the money.

One of them was a friend of mine from the DVDVR board, Christopher "Trocar Slush Weasel" Hamlyn. he was in 409th.

I don't see that he;s out IN the money.. but there's a lot of folks over there hoping to hear he at least MADE the money.. any one know where there's a list of 567-561?

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Comey
College Starter

Chances are he's still in.

CardPlayer is showing who goes out in the money. I did a search on that page, and found nothing. So, the likelihood that he's in, and about to finish in the Top 400, at the very least.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yup. We're posting the out list on DVDVR's board. We're just nervous that he was one of the 6 bad beatouts (561st got a free entry next year)

Hoping..
Old 07-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Ive done some moderately extensive looking around and cant find it as well. But given his chip stack at the end of yesterday, i would say the odds are pretty good he is still in the tourney.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
Comey
College Starter

Looks like he's made it through 340th.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

where you getting that, Comey? PT and Card Player only have outs up to 400.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #7
Comey
College Starter

Sorry, I meant 380.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fuck. Poker reporters have been pulled from the floor. They need to stand in line, get a badge, and have FIVE minutes to get info from the room before they get pulled to go back in line.

The worst has come true. I, along with the entire media bullpen, have had our floor privledges removed. We have to wait in line (among all 500+ of the media personnel) and get a "special badge" to have floor access--which severely limits my coverage.

I am choosing to not cover the rest of the main event with the exclusion of the final table (which I will still transcribe hand for hand from Binion's as I have done all month for most final tables). The limitations they are leaving us with prevent me from bringing you the coverage you expect from myself and PokerTrails.com.

I regret to inform the loyal viewers of the website. Over the course of the past month we've built up a very good fan base and I've enjoyed talking to many of you. I appreciate all the kind thoughts and comments and hope you all enjoy PokerTrails as much as I do. We'll continue to follow the main event, albeit very limited.

Please visit us again soon for more information on the main event, our coverage, and our future coverage!

Jon Eaton
PokerTrails.com Editor/Reporter
Old 07-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #9
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Doesn't sound like this is entirely true, Foz. From what CardPlayer is saying, it appears that the WSOP officials are limiting the coverage from some, but not all media outlets. Apparently the crush of media was getting so severe that there was almost a one-to-one ratio of players to "reporters," with the term "reporter" being very liberal -- a lot of these reporters are just glorified blogist.

Apparently some of the media was also interferring with the players and causing problems, so only credentialled poker media is getting unfettered access. Sounds like PokerTrails.com may have been stepping over the line.

I don't see your guy listed as out through 350 either.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote