Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Odd question: 4 cell phones/1 man in a car?

Okay, this is a little strange but since strange is usually no obstacle for the FOFC I'll throw it out there.

Was talking to my wife from her hotel room in Williamsburg, VA (son is on spring break this week) and she mentioned something odd she noticed when they got back to the hotel.

Lone male, sitting in the back seat of a car parked in the hotel lot, four little cell phone type antennas on the roof of the car. As she walked past the car she noticed he had four cell phones, all turned on, stuck in some sort of strap that wrapped around the front seat, leaving them hanging on the back of the front seat (i.e. he's sitting in the back, the phones are all right there in front of him).

Anybody got some kind of plausible explanation for what the heck he was doing? She was thinking about some kind of intercept your phone number/personal info or data kind of thing and I couldn't really come up with anything else that made much sense.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Some kind of strange conference call?

That just sounds F'D up.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, this is a little strange but since strange is usually no obstacle for the FOFC I'll throw it out there.

Was talking to my wife from her hotel room in Williamsburg, VA (son is on spring break this week) and she mentioned something odd she noticed when they got back to the hotel.

Lone male, sitting in the back seat of a car parked in the hotel lot, four little cell phone type antennas on the roof of the car. As she walked past the car she noticed he had four cell phones, all turned on, stuck in some sort of strap that wrapped around the front seat, leaving them hanging on the back of the front seat (i.e. he's sitting in the back, the phones are all right there in front of him).

Anybody got some kind of plausible explanation for what the heck he was doing? She was thinking about some kind of intercept your phone number/personal info or data kind of thing and I couldn't really come up with anything else that made much sense.

It's so he can detonate all the bombs at the same time
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Drug dealer?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Groundhog
Coordinator

Trying to intercept those signals that the government has been secretly beaming into the fillings in his teeth?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

False alarm I guess.

She finally checked it out with the front desk after worrying about it for several hours.

Seems all of the hotels in the area have been getting complaints about their crappy cell service so the guy was from AT&T (or whatever its called these days) gathering data on cell signals in preparation for requesting permission for an additional tower(s).
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
False alarm I guess.

She finally checked it out with the front desk after worrying about it for several hours.

Seems all of the hotels in the area have been getting complaints about their crappy cell service so the guy was from AT&T (or whatever its called these days) gathering data on cell signals in preparation for requesting permission for an additional tower(s).
Of course that's what they want you to think...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

On a hunch, I would say this man handles Roethlesberger's ho's.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I guess having multiple cell phones and lots of antennas... would be a guy who works for one of the companies. Makes perfect sense.

She'd better kill him just to be safe.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote