Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
vbm95u2
n00b

Talking Championship Manager Problem Solved!

I think I've finally solved my technical problem with CM 00-01. Every day or so my game would shut down and register a Windows 2000 error when I tried to save my game. The saved file would be corrupted, forcing me to lose my effort. The system error message said something about my ntskrnl.exe file being corrupted. So I tried to reinstall windows 2000. During the install, the program asked me if I wanted to change my hard drive from a FAT-32 to an NTSC format (recommended). My hard drive was running as a FAT-32, so I decided to change it to NTSC to see what would happen. Once the install was complete, I booted up CM. To my surprise, I've been playing for several days now and have yet to run into a problem saving or loading the program!

Can someone tell me, what's the difference between a FAT-32 and NTSC hard drive? Did I "fix" my problem merely by reinstalling windows 2000, or was it changing the hard drive to an NTSC format that did it? I notice now that my CM save files take a little longer to save, but the game seems infinitely more stable.

vbm95u2 is offline   Reply With Quote