Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

2005 Sports Year In Review

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=hruby/051229

Sad to admit, but I actually remember as many of these stories as I do winners of various championships & awards on the field. Okay, I may actually recall more of this stuff than I do the on-field stuff.

The "review" is actually reasonably funny (well, by Page 2 standards at least) but I think it really does sort of help explain why sports just doesn't seem nearly as interesting or important to me as it used to be. I'm not saying it's neccessarily any worse now than it worse 20, 40, 60, 100 years ago, just that the amount of stuff we hear about versus eras past is so different that its having a greater impact.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, this is page 2 and they are emphasizing a lot of crap that isn't important. It's like watching the Entertainment Tonight year in review and talking about how this year had too much crap news. Then again, this year did have too much crap news until the Pope died and Hurricane Katrina pushed some legit stories to the front page. Geez- when Terry Schiavo, Michael Jackson, and Tom Cruise were 3 of the top 5 or 10 newsmakers for their stupid stories the first half of the year... yeesh.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:27 AM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you want to flip out, see the rediculous stuff they think will happen in the next 10 years..