Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Since thursday night...

I have been doing nothing.

I delivered on the south side of New Orleans (Harvey,LA) thursday night. With no load I drove out to La Place to park until the morning. I sat until saturday afternoon. Then I drove about 30 miles and parked again. I wanted to pace myself, not do all my driving at once. On sunday morning I drove another 80 miles and stopped again. I am thinking tomorrow, maybe even later today, I may try to break the hour and a half mark for continuous driving.

The good part though is that it sure has been easy money. $40 dollars or so since thursday is good right? I'm not a mathematician or anything, but that must be a good deal for me because this company loves me and cares about me. I want to give everyone big hugs and kisses, and then cut their balls off and shove them down their throats.

/vent

Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Somehow, I'm not surprised that you went to Harvey, LA, and did nothing.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Since Thursday night, my 10 month old has had a 103 degree fever and we've been to 4 doctor office visits, including 2 emergency room visits to get her back into shape. Thankfully, the fever broke last night. I wish I would have had an uneventful weekend.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Since Thursday night, my 10 month old has had a 103 degree fever and we've been to 4 doctor office visits, including 2 emergency room visits to get her back into shape. Thankfully, the fever broke last night. I wish I would have had an uneventful weekend.

I hope she is doing well now. Life sucks when your kids are sick, that is for damn sure. Personally, I would take the sickness everytime one of my kids is sick so I can spare them the misery of it all. Especially my 6 month old and 2 year old.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I hope she is doing well now. Life sucks when your kids are sick, that is for damn sure. Personally, I would take the sickness everytime one of my kids is sick so I can spare them the misery of it all. Especially my 6 month old and 2 year old.....

She's well now, but the weekend was a wash as you can imagine.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Somehow, I'm not surprised that you went to Harvey, LA, and did nothing.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah that sucks, too. Glad she is better man, sick kids blow.

It wasn't just an "uneventful weekend" though. Sitting in my box on wheels here doing nothing when I could be home with my wife and daughter, while not earning any money that I need so I can quit this crap job is maddening. Add on today to it now as well. I am still sitting here, and if I can't get out in a few hours (which is 50/50 at best) then I won't be able to scan my paperwork in and I won't get a pay check next week. Oh, and one of my companies trucks just came in and picked up a load that should have been given to me. I am ready to take a hammer to this companies truck.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Yeah that sucks, too. Glad she is better man, sick kids blow.

It wasn't just an "uneventful weekend" though. Sitting in my box on wheels here doing nothing when I could be home with my wife and daughter, while not earning any money that I need so I can quit this crap job is maddening. Add on today to it now as well. I am still sitting here, and if I can't get out in a few hours (which is 50/50 at best) then I won't be able to scan my paperwork in and I won't get a pay check next week. Oh, and one of my companies trucks just came in and picked up a load that should have been given to me. I am ready to take a hammer to this companies truck.

I guess I don't understand the whole trucking industry. How does it work as far as where you go and how loads are set up for you at the next location? Or do you just sit there and wait for a load pretty often?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess I don't understand the whole trucking industry. How does it work as far as where you go and how loads are set up for you at the next location? Or do you just sit there and wait for a load pretty often?

Dispatch handles giving out the loads. Or as the trucking industry has become full of crap titles as they add more of a cushion between drivers and office people, Planners set the loads for us. I can't easily talk to a Planner, I have to communicate with a Driver Manager. This is as a company driver anyways, Owner/Operator is different.

Planners have a tendancy to develop their favorites, and can dish out loads to whomever they please basically. Bitching helps sometimes, sometimes it gets you in the doghouse. Usually a driver ends up having to bitch at the people in the office to get what they want/feel they deserve. Basically, you are going to get screwed at some point and rewarded at some point for the same reaction. It is as stupid as it sounds. Everytime I want to go home I have to throw a fit to get them to do it. I hate being made to go to that point, but sitting quit ensures you get screwed no matter what.

I guess I could have done the short version and said a guy sitting in an office gives out loads, and your ass hurts by the end of a week usually.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just found out my load won't be ready until about 1600. I need to have my papers scanned in by 1700 to be paid on friday. I have no chance of getting to the right truckstop to be able to do that. No fucking check on friday. Sure it was going to be a crap check because I have been sitting since thursday night, but it was something. A few weeks and I am done, I can't take it any more.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
Desnudo
Coordinator

At least you're in Harvey, LA.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Actually I haven't been there since thursday night. I spent friday and saturday in La Place, then came up here to pick up my load which wasn't ready and still isn't. Nope, I am in the great metropolis of Bogalusa, LA right now.