Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2003, 05:36 AM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Open letter to Skydog, moderator of the FOF board

Skydog,

I am very disapointed to still see that "sticky" thread of yours praying the militaries at the top of the board (among other great initiatives of yours).
I'd like to -respectfully- express my exasperation as you being the moderator of this board.
All you did since becoming the official dictator here (a military word which you might understand first hand this time )was not only promote but make sure everyone was obligated (forced ?) to follow your ideas and convictions...or else you were quick to display your "hatred" towards these people (me included but this is not an issue nor the question to this point).

Basically, all I see here is that most FOF related threads are disapearing one by one...this has become everything but a football, let alone FOF, board and you don't encourage things to change since you insist with your personal thread (that are YOUR point of view and not necessarily everyone's) about your personal beliefs/adorations (sometimes you do scare me with this) at the TOP of the board, un-removalbe and un-answerable : so to make sure that you are un-contested.

Do what you please now, hopefully you won't delete this tread as you were quick to post my last PM (which you were right to do so). This time I need no cover, I am respectfully disgusted by your managing this board as you made it all but what it used to be.

this is a shame and this is my opinon.

just a reminder before you start bashing out loud the "he's not here anymore and comes back to piss off, what a jerk" thing : I am still a member of this board, and I am free to comeback whenever I want and express my non-football thoughts since this is the main thing here now. thank you.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 05:46 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

See? Now isn't that so much easier than when you rant against the moderator without coming off like a complete jackass, and insulting the far, far majority of the board's membership with ridiculous accusations and extremely poor word choice?

I think you'll get a lot more constructive posts with this than your last one, so kudos to you for learning from your grievous error.

Oh, your comments? Poppycock. But that's another matter.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 05:53 AM   #3
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

First of all, the "sticky" that you refer to actually is devoted to the members of this board who are away. The sticky itself makes no judgment on the right or wrong of why they've been called up, simply that they're away and we wish them a speedy return.

If that offends you then you've got some serious problems.

BTW, I've seen more FOF threads in the past week than I've seen here in the past couple of months... but that's neither here nor there.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:00 AM   #4
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Re: Open letter to Skydog, moderator of the FOF board

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkiller
Skydog,

I am very disapointed to still see that "sticky" thread of yours praying the militaries at the top of the board (among other great initiatives of yours).

Okay, Darkiller, I'd like to say, that I have loved your input when it comes to FOF. You are a very dedicated member to the game, and your insight and constant tinkering, have helped countless members of the board. I've enjoyed your SF dynasties.

But enough, there are still coalition soliders being killed. There is still disorder in Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Palestine.

I can respect your anti-American views, I can even understand your anger at being bashed again and again for being French, but I for one, am glad for that sticky. Not so much as a sign of sticking it to the enemies, but that the "coalition" troops do come home safe...why is there such disgust at that? Because this is a football board, please look at the posts, it is more than that.

Quote:
I'd like to -respectfully- express my exasperation as you being the moderator of this board.
All you did since becoming the official dictator here (a military word which you might understand first hand this time )was not only promote but make sure everyone was obligated (forced ?) to follow your ideas and convictions...or else you were quick to display your "hatred" towards these people (me included but this is not an issue nor the question to this point).

I don't believe Skydog forces you to post here. I certainly don't agree with all of Skydog's beliefs, but I have never felt coerced in supporting them. Nor have I felt Skydog has "hated" anyone, please show me some proof please.

Quote:
Basically, all I see here is that most FOF related threads are disapearing one by one...this has become everything but a football, let alone FOF, board and you don't encourage things to change since you insist with your personal thread (that are YOUR point of view and not necessarily everyone's) about your personal beliefs/adorations (sometimes you do scare me with this) at the TOP of the board, un-removalbe and un-answerable : so to make sure that you are un-contested.

Most Americans/British/Australian/any other coalition nation (pro-war, pro-peace) who post on this board would agree that we all want our troops to come home safe and sound.

I think most of the posts about football are disappearing because
a: season's over
b: FOF football just wasn't the same exciting, engaging product.

Quote:
Do what you please now, hopefully you won't delete this tread as you were quick to post my last PM (which you were right to do so). This time I need no cover, I am respectfully disgusted by your managing this board as you made it all but what it used to be.

Hey you have the right to be disgusted, but don't play the martyr card, it belittles you...I doubt anyone else could have done the job as well as Skydog, there have been many critical issues, but the board is still here, it's new and improved, working better...Skydog isn't forcing me to be patriotic, isn't forcing me to buy his CDs...he's allowing you to post your vitriol, perhaps he's not the closed-minded one?

Quote:
this is a shame and this is my opinon.

I agree...it is a shame.

Quote:
just a reminder before you start bashing out loud the "he's not here anymore and comes back to piss off, what a jerk" thing : I am still a member of this board, and I am free to comeback whenever I want and express my non-football thoughts since this is the main thing here now. thank you.

Very true, but be constructive, not a mindless rant. You are lashing out, and you are free to come back and express your views, but the same goes for everyone else that is here (yes, even you Mr Buttercup).

Last edited by Qwikshot : 05-27-2003 at 06:01 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 06:08 AM   #5
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Humdedumde...where do I begin....

1. The thread in question was requested by a board member, who strongly encouraged me to post such a thread, stickied and closed.

2. What is your problem with wishing our friends from this board a safe return??? To put it bluntly, it sounds like you wish that Ardent Enthusiast, Lenoidas, and other FOFC'ers serving in the military had died, rather than returned home safely. I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but I can't think of any other way to interpret your complaint.

3. It is interesting that among all the folks on this board who are/were passionately against the war, you are the only one who has expressed ANY complaint about that thread.

4. With regards to non-FOF posts...do you REALLY think that I can control what topics people post about, or that doing so would be a good idea??? If I tried to dictate everything on this board, it would die very quickly.

5. Please tell me you're speaking out of your emotions, and not from logic, because if you REALLY think that everyone here follows my ideas and convictions, then something is seriously amiss here. There are posts every day (actually probably every hour) on this message board that go against my ideas and convictions that are allowed to stay up without any comment whatsoever from me, and certainly not "expressing my hatred," as you accused me of.

6. If I AM a "dictator," then I am a pretty poor one. See #5. There is so much on here that goes against my personal convictions that it isn't even funny, but somehow as "dictator" I don't use whatever admin powers I have to bring things into line with my personal convictions. I guess I need to go to dictator school. Since they say "those who can't, teach", maybe that is what Saddam is doing these days--teaching dictator's classes. Since apparently you wish he was still in power over there, maybe it'll make you happy if I learn a few things from him....

Ta ta for now.

--Ben

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-27-2003 at 06:11 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 06:29 AM   #6
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Skydog, it is indeed high time for you to remove the following thread at the TOP of the board, un-removalbe and un-answerable :
"Announcement: SLIGHTLY MODIFIED FORUM RULES"

It has been there way too long already !!!

(sorry guys, but stupid humor is my way of dealing with this heavy stuff... there's enough shit in real life, we don't need any more on this board IMHO...)
Old 05-27-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic flying froggies
Skydog, it is indeed high time for you to remove the following thread at the TOP of the board, un-removalbe and un-answerable :
"Announcement: SLIGHTLY MODIFIED FORUM RULES"

It has been there way too long already !!!

(sorry guys, but stupid humor is my way of dealing with this heavy stuff... there's enough shit in real life, we don't need any more on this board IMHO...)
Funny you should say that...I was JUST looking at it and saying to myself, "why is that still there?" I thought it was only going to be up for a week. It will be down before most/any of you read this message.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:59 AM   #8
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
i hope this thread does not get ugly
Old 05-27-2003, 07:07 AM   #9
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I prefer my froggies fantastic and flying...but that's just me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:13 AM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
I prefer my froggies fantastic and flying...but that's just me.

You and me both

To add to this thread, I really don't see what's so offensive in that sticky. I reread it and it's not saying in any way that we hope our away friends killed a lot of people or anything, it simply says we wish they take good care and come back safe. No harm in that... I don't know Leonidas very much but I've exchange regularly with Ardent over the last month or so, mostly because of our common interest in Hattrick, and I wouldn't want him hurt in any way...

Just my canadian 2 cents, which every day are worth a little more

FM
Old 05-27-2003, 07:24 AM   #11
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
You and me both

To add to this thread, I really don't see what's so offensive in that sticky. I reread it and it's not saying in any way that we hope our away friends killed a lot of people or anything, it simply says we wish they take good care and come back safe. No harm in that... I don't know Leonidas very much but I've exchange regularly with Ardent over the last month or so, mostly because of our common interest in Hattrick, and I wouldn't want him hurt in any way...

Just my canadian 2 cents, which every day are worth a little more

FM

No, there is nothing "offensive" in that sticky. of course not ; and no, Skydog, I don't cheer for our FOFC members who went there do die !!! (where's your mind on this ?). My point, which I'm exasperated with, is that these messages HAVE NOTHING TO DO HERE.
If you pray for them, fine (and you'll be surprised to hear that I did too) but no way I am going to give it some exposure on a board like this one ; For what sake ? what is the purpose ? to make you look good ? grateful ??
And to see that week after weeks after weeks it is still there, makes me turn green.
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Last edited by Darkiller : 05-27-2003 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:29 AM   #12
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

it's there so that when our friends like Ardent manage to check in, they know they're not forgotten. Again, what's the big freakin' deal on this? Why does it make you turn green? All the crap to complain about in this world (or on this board for that matter) and this is what you come up with?
Old 05-27-2003, 07:32 AM   #13
Ben E Lou

Quote:
My point, which I'm exasperated with, is that these messages HAVE NOTHING TO DO HERE.
I disagree 100% with you on that. Yes, this is Front Office Football Central, but clearly it is also an online community. Members of this community have been sent into harm's way. I think it is a good thing to have an expression of support from the community, and you're not going to sway me on that opinion.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:44 AM   #14
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
but clearly it is also an online community. Members of this community have been sent into harm's way. I think it is a good thing to have an expression of support from the community, .

the thing is : I agree on this whole heartedly.
It is a community.
Except when things are not "in the mold" then the "community" gets pretty excited and the "community" forgets a lot of things...the "community" doesn't like to hear someone say something that it doesn't bear listening and the community reacts violently etc..etc...

I'm not gonna change you on this and you won't either.
Just for the sake of the "community", I felt I had to express my individual point of view, now the chief sticks with his sticky...and the community stands still.

That's indeed how it works generally in a "community".

Last edited by Darkiller : 05-27-2003 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:54 AM   #15
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Except when things are not "in the mold" then the "community" gets pretty excited and the "community" forgets a lot of things...the "community" doesn't like to hear someone say something that it doesn't bear listening and the community reacts violently etc..etc...
I don't get what you're saying here. Please elucidate.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:58 AM   #16
scooper
College Benchwarmer

No, Darkiller, the majority of the community doesn't like to hear what you say. But, it is your right to say it. Kudos for doing so, if it is what you believe. We, however, also have a right to say your opionion on this matter is crap.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:00 AM   #17
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

nope. you're clever enough to understand.
and I'm sure you already did anyway. It's not an issue.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:04 AM   #18
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Let me elucidate. We're all Nazi's because we see nothing wrong with wishing other members of our community a safe return from war.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:07 AM   #19
Ben E Lou

Quote:
nope. you're clever enough to understand.
and I'm sure you already did anyway. It's not an issue.
No. I really don't get what you're trying to say in that paragraph. I've re-read it a couple of times.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:11 AM   #20
Subby
lolzcat

I am not crazy about the sticky either. I would rather we express our feelings and sentimentality through dirty limmericks.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:17 AM   #21
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm just waiting for that hockey sticky to come down (and I generally like hockey).
Old 05-27-2003, 08:21 AM   #22
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
I'm just waiting for that hockey sticky to come down (and I generally like hockey).
Are the playoffs over?
Old 05-27-2003, 08:22 AM   #23
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72

As soon as the Cup is over it'll be down.

I've seen this a few times now, would you prefer that we have 8 or 9 threads going with hockey, or just 1, so we don't clutter the board?
Old 05-27-2003, 08:29 AM   #24
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Cards4ever
As soon as the Cup is over it'll be down.

I've seen this a few times now, would you prefer that we have 8 or 9 threads going with hockey, or just 1, so we don't clutter the board?

I know they're not over - it's just that the NHL playoffs or so dang long!!!
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:38 AM   #25
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Ok, aside from that, I'm done with expressing my "political" issues.
As I mentionned to a FOFC friend seconds ago, I had to release that "open letter" to Skydog to be true to myself.

I am here to talk FOF, Football and nothing else. I agree that I used some words that were inappropriate and I apologize for that although I stay put to my convictions.

This to say that I'll ignore and won't "reply" to anymore on this issue.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:47 AM   #26
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

I guess then our temperamental Frenchie won't be joining the revolution to change the name of this community to something more accurate and better than Front Office Football Central?
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #27
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ok, aside from that, I'm done with expressing my "political" issues.
As I mentionned to a FOFC friend seconds ago, I had to release that "open letter" to Skydog to be true to myself.

I am here to talk FOF, Football and nothing else. I agree that I used some words that were inappropriate and I apologize for that although I stay put to my convictions.

This to say that I'll ignore and won't "reply" to anymore on this issue.

Okay, so I'm hitting this late as you're not going to reply, but my only suggestion would be to ignore all threads on this board not related to FOF if you're intent when visiting this board is to discuss the game.

Yes, there have been a few more threads lately dealing with the game, and I'm sure once the NFL gets going full swing again, many more will pop up (personally, I'm getting the itch to play some TCY again).

As far as the wide variety of other threads and topics around here, that's what makes this board great. I check in here a couple of times a day to see what's cooking on the dynasty forum (where the variety is beautiful) and to see if I can contribute some nonsensical humor to the 'off topic' area because I like to try to be cocky and funny sometimes.

In the end, it's your choice what you read on here, and what you ignore, and it sounds like your experience around here will be 100% more enjoyable if you stick to what you like. I mean, I ignore all the Hat Trick talk because they're all silly people who smell of elderberries. A lot of people, like myself, enjoy coming here to read about any of the zany topics that get posted, and I really doubt you'll get many people to support a "FOF or nothing" board.

If you started one, I'd visit to check out what's being said, but I'd still be coming here to bore people.

Wow, that was long winded, I'm going to bed now.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:58 AM   #28
Blade
College Prospect

Well, just my thoughts on this, which are nothing over enlightening...

This board started out because everyone loved to play FOF. But, since the start of the board, we have evolved as a community. I think that it is great that we can talk about all sorts of things as a community, and not just be constrained to talk about FOF.

I really love coming to this board, and the reason for that is I want to see what kind of topics are being discussed today. I come here for the humour, for the debate, for the heart-touching stories, for the other FOFC'ers who are sharing a part of their lives.

If there are those in the community who only want to talk about FOF, fine, that is great...just ignore the other topics. Don't push the rest of the stuff out, because we will be losing something very important if we do so.

Just my thoughts.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #29
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
I guess then our temperamental Frenchie won't be joining the revolution to change the name of this community to something more accurate and better than Front Office Football Central?
I disagree strongly with this. Obviously, we talk about much more than Front Office Football. However, since Jim doesn't have his own message board, this is still THE #1 place on the internet to come to talk FOF strategy and ask questions. If someone is doing an internet search for info on this line of games, this board needs to come up.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:01 AM   #30
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis

Wow, that was long winded, I'm going to bed now.

You're going to bed? Now? Long night.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #31
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by scooper
You're going to bed? Now? Long night.

The joys of working graveyard.

At least I have my porn to come home to though.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #32
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I disagree strongly with this. Obviously, we talk about much more than Front Office Football. However, since Jim doesn't have his own message board, this is still THE #1 place on the internet to come to talk FOF strategy and ask questions. If someone is doing an internet search for info on this line of games, this board needs to come up.

Ben, I was joking.

Since Jim does not have his own message board maybe he can come here to talk FOF strategy and ask questions???
Old 05-27-2003, 09:19 AM   #33
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Ben, I was joking.

Since Jim does not have his own message board maybe he can come here to talk FOF strategy and ask questions???
If he felt like he was wanted, I'm sure he would.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-27-2003 at 09:20 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:20 AM   #34
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
this is still THE #1 place on the internet to come to talk FOF strategy and ask questions. If someone is doing an internet search for info on this line of games, this board needs to come up.

I agree.
And I want it to remain the #1 place to talk FOF.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:26 AM   #35
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
this is still THE #1 place on the internet to come to talk FOF strategy and ask questions. If someone is doing an internet search for info on this line of games, this board needs to come up.

uhhmmm, is there even a #2?
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:32 AM   #36
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

DK, check out the many GroupThink - Little Rock Roller threads in the Dynasty section over the past month or two. I think you would quickly come to conclusion that FOF2 was still Jim's best product (or at least that FOF4 added almost nothing of value, except for a lousy player acquisition/management AI, despite his time and efforts).
Old 05-27-2003, 09:39 AM   #37
Ben E Lou

Quote:
DK, check out the many GroupThink - Little Rock Roller threads in the Dynasty section over the past month or two. I think you would quickly come to conclusion that FOF2 was still Jim's best product (or at least that FOF4 added almost nothing of value, except for a lousy player acquisition/management AI, despite his time and efforts).
Yup, I miss those days of the playoff injury bug, no booms or busts, not being able to see the draftee list during free agency, and players that fell very neatly into three tiers with ratings pretty much equal across the board.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:46 AM   #38
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

No booms or busts may be better than predictable booms or busts. Seeing the draft list really doesn't matter you get who you want anyways (AI can't draft well). Three tier ratings are still there (albeit better) but still you can easily know and acquire the stars and avoid the non-stars (which the AI cannot do).
Old 05-27-2003, 09:56 AM   #39
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

FOF4 is a much improved version of the series. Just about any game can be manipulated to beat AI.

OOTP is a perfect example. I can take a team, go into the Top 100 prospects list, trade for the guys that are A or B at fielding positions and the pitchers that are good or brilliant at walks and build a farm system where I can have a middle of the pack payroll and just trade guys when they are going for FA and just keep putting fresh young talent in. It's possible to take a team in with a low fan interest and no cash and in 10 years make it a dominate team with over $100 mil cash.

The best AI sports game I have played is CM, and even that game can be manipulated.

So, I wonder if it's just something personal, because I've seen you defend OOTP, but bash FOF.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 AM   #40
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I rather like the evolution to FOF4. Of course I must be a real chimp because other teams routinely have more talent in some key places.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #41
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic flying froggies

That about sums it up.. Good Post Triple F.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #42
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

hey, can you move the FOF4 discussion to another thread so we can continue sniping at one another here?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:19 AM   #43
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

CamEdwards has little hands
Old 05-27-2003, 10:20 AM   #44
TroyF
Coordinator

FOF 4 is also my favorite of the series. I do wish there would have been more evolution in the series, but I will play FOF4 over FOF2 anyday of the week.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:28 AM   #45
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

But I don't think DK will (play 4 over 2), which was the original point.

Cards, I had been critical of OOTP4 where I couldn't come up with enough house rules to make it competitive. FOF falls into the same trap. But at least with OOTP5, I can have fun playing it because there are many things going on (much like how others feel about CM) instead of feeling like I'm just playing a spreadsheet game.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:10 AM   #46
MIJB#19
Coordinator

If the AI wasn't drafting (and especially trading the #1 pick for Matt Stover) I'd be playing FOF2 every free hour.

It almost inspires me to create my own football text sim. (Almost as I don't have enough time, quality software and football analysis for doing so at the moment.)

Dark, good to see you back to discuss FOF and the NFL.
Any FOF2 action lately?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #47
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

I want to echo the sentiments of seveal people. This is much more than a FOF board. Yes it is still the primary place that people come for FOF info, but if that is all that it was then we would have maybe 5-10 people come in here each day. Frankly, there is very little to talk about with FOF that has not already been said. The vast majority of the people who regularly come here are not here for FOF discussion, they are here because we have developed friendships with each other and we are interested in what each other has to say.

In addition, the way that the board is now, it is better for new people who want to find out information about FOF. If there were no or few OT discussions there would be less than 10 people in here per day. But with the board the way that it is, someone new can post their FOF question, and there will be 40+ people around to try to answer it. ANd people generally answer those questions quickly. It actually makes this a much better place for FOF discussion.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:52 AM   #48
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
FOF 4 is also my favorite of the series. I do wish there would have been more evolution in the series, but I will play FOF4 over FOF2 anyday of the week.

TroyF

I feel the same way. I think the game needs some spice, but only after some reworking of the AI.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:05 PM   #49
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by MIJB#19
Dark, good to see you back to discuss FOF and the NFL.
Any FOF2 action lately?

Hi buddy :-)
good to see you too.

Yeah a bit, I posted my all-time Draft analysis (1999-2026) for the Real49ersFootball career (on my website). Basically what I did was look at the best and worst pick of any draft I ran...see who panned out, who busted, who was the true gem etc ;-) was fun to do !

What about you ? what are you up to recently ?

Last edited by Darkiller : 05-27-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:41 PM   #50
NevStar
High School Varsity

Oh, are you still here?