Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #4751
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand (post #1549)
Dude, I can't wait for that DEMO!

Bad news, Quik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daivd
I would very much like to put out a demo of the game but at this time it's not something I have time to do.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #4752
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daivd
I would very much like to put out a demo of the game but at this time it's not something I have time to do.

It's the beginning of football season in the US, where demand, or at least curiosity, about football games is high, and he doesn't have the time to put out a demo.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #4753
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wasn't Maxiumum Football released 5 months ago from today?
Old 08-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #4754
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
Wasn't Maxiumum Football released 5 months ago from today?

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #4755
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Wasn't Maxiumum Football unleashed 5 months ago from today?

Fixed.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #4756
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Touche.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #4757
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ok, let me rephrase that:

Didn't Maximum Football sell a $50 alpha stage game 5 months ago from today?
Old 08-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #4758
cartman
Death Herald

Touche.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #4759
Bee
Pro Starter

Is touche similar to a rouge?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #4760
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Don't tell me this fucking thread is going to hit 5000 posts....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #4761
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: In my efforts to curse this thread into finally dying, I crashed the server for 15 minutes.

As we say on the mean streets of Franklin, MA...

Mah Bad, Dawg.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #4762
digamma
Torchbearer

I may be able to take the Comets into the play-offs tonight!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #4763
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
It's the beginning of football season in the US, where demand, or at least curiosity, about football games is high, and he doesn't have the time to put out a demo.
Are you kidding? That's like Ford giving consumers a preview of how nicely the Pinto explodes at the Detroit Auto Show. NO ONE would put down money on this game after actually, *shudder*, playing the game.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #4764
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Are you kidding? That's like Ford giving consumers a preview of how nicely the Pinto explodes at the Detroit Auto Show. NO ONE would put down money on this game after actually, *shudder*, playing the game.

Exactly. That shows how much faith he has in his product, that he won't let people do a "try before you buy", even though it has been almost half a year since it has been released. He has enough on his plate fixing the stuff that the small group of buyers has found, and I guess doesn't have the stomach to hear about the mountain of other things that an active install base of more than a few dozen would find.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #4765
SnDvls
Pro Starter

this is the ultimate thread that won't die
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #4766
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
this is the ultimate thread

Correction
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:44 AM   #4767
Bee
Pro Starter

I saw that most of the recent posts over at the MF general boards seem to be about the old Electric Football game (the one that would vibrate the field to move the players around). I'm not surprised it was brought up over there since it's probably statistically more accurate than MF.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:21 AM   #4768
redfox000
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I saw that most of the recent posts over at the MF general boards seem to be about the old Electric Football game (the one that would vibrate the field to move the players around). I'm not surprised it was brought up over there since it's probably statistically more accurate than MF.

Ouch.
redfox000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #4769
grisha
n00b

Bee wins.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #4770
QuikSand
lolzcat

digamma, I recommend you check your M-F league... RomGrnt might be running one of your teams.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #4771
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
digamma, I recommend you check your M-F league... RomGrnt might be running one of your teams.

No wonder those ineligible players keep ending up in games.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 AM   #4772
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Getting back to that demo, they are still coming out with excuses 5 months later. Here are the last two posts of a thread talking about demos again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheatervt
Quoted for truth, because either a) people don't like to read previous posts or b) a lack of reading comprehension.

If you played and the FBPro series and like it, buy the game; it's like a vote of confidence in DW and should motivate him to continue to improve the game. It's a leap of faith I made, and the game is not unplayable now, the PDS/defense logic needs to be improved.

And just one more time ... David is just ONE man, and cannot perform the work of an entire staff on the same timeframe a team of programmers can ... because apparently people don't read.
They are still using the tired "He is just ONE man" excuse even though the creator of Puresim was able to come out with a demo, a discounted special, and a numerous amount of patches in a shorter amount of time. I could've sworn that he was just ONE man as well. Plus if they wanted to use the excuse that it is because it is a 3D game, I could show them plenty of independent 3D games that produced a demo at release or shortly after (about 2 to 4 weeks). And for some reason Erik manages to still come out with his canned response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Rutins
We did make a decision to not spend time on a demo until after this release. As was mentioned above, a demo could be done but it would be done with time that could instead be spent on speeding up this major and fairly enormous update that's been in progress since the second update was released.

Because of the number of things this update has changed, the best course has been to keep working on it, keep testing it and move it ahead as quickly as possible. We haven't posted updates here on progress as often as we should, but it has been constant and the test team has been working on a major side project in improving the playbooks as well. I think that everyone with a copy of M-F will be quite happy once this update is released.

After that, we'll discuss the timing on the demo release.

Regards,

- Erik

I believe he has written that bolded part before the past two patch updates and yet that doesn't seem to be the case. Of course, he could very well mean that the current owners will be happy with the new update.

I don't know what to believe anymore. He was the one who claimed shortly before release that the game wasn't going to have any serious issues. After release, he claimed that he was surprised by the issues that somehow slipped by him and his staff. After the first two patches, the game had supposedly improved dramatically, but yet they can't release a demo because they really want to work on this major update that is still fixing a lot of major issues. Issues that people claimed never existed in the first place.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #4773
QuikSand
lolzcat

If you are looking for internal consistency in the statements coming from Winterland, I think you will never escape your confusion.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:13 AM   #4774
Anthony
Banned

Antmeister: i'm curious - you've put an awful lot of effort in this thread/topic (emphasis on awful), just wondering what you're looking to get out of it? is the reason for your interest you've displayed in this thread because you want to believe in the game, see its potential, but David keeps failing you, or do you think perhaps this is something everyone loves to bash on and you just want to lead the charge? i'm just not sure what your preferred outcome would be in all this - i would think after 96 pages of flogging this game it would have become apparent this thing is good for the garbage, yet here you are, still copying and pasting quotes from the MF forum and your "get a load of this, guys" demeanor. at first i thought you were semi-interested in the game and were hoping against hope that David would get things right. now i think you're interested in trying to keep this thread alive so that we can have fun at someone else's expense regarding a product that has no reason attracting this much attention. i just think it's funny that you of all people, someone who enjoys creating songs (and now videos), are so keen to poo poo on a fellow creator.

Last edited by Anthony : 08-06-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:40 AM   #4775
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i just think it's funny that you of all people, someone who enjoys creating songs (and now videos), are so keen to poo poo on a fellow creator.

Sorry HA, but calling Daivd a creator is like calling me a chick magnet.

That shit just ain't true no matter how you cut the deck.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:41 AM   #4776
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Antmeister: i'm curious - you've put an awful lot of effort in this thread/topic (emphasis on awful), just wondering what you're looking to get out of it? is the reason for your interest you've displayed in this thread because you want to believe in the game, see its potential, but David keeps failing you, or do you think perhaps this is something everyone loves to bash on and you just want to lead the charge? i'm just not sure what your preferred outcome would be in all this - i would think after 96 pages of flogging this game it would have become apparent this thing is good for the garbage, yet here you are, still copying and pasting quotes from the MF forum and your "get a load of this, guys" demeanor. at first i thought you were semi-interested in the game and were hoping against hope that David would get things right. now i think you're interested in trying to keep this thread alive so that we can have fun at someone else's expense regarding a product that has no reason attracting this much attention. i just think it's funny that you of all people, someone who enjoys creating songs (and now videos), are so keen to poo poo on a fellow creator.

Well that's an interesting questiion. The very reason why I was interested was at one point, long before this thread was created, I had a strong interest in Maximum Football. Of course, we all know this fell well short of expectation and normally that would be it.

However, I never seen someone who had been less than honest throughout the whole process and felt that he probably would have "cashed it in" if he would have sold a substantial number of copies. In other words, I am in the belief that he would have no longer supported the game if he sold a lot of copies of that game on first release and that didn't settle well.

It may not have been the case, he may have just crumbled under the pressure of trying to support the thing and decided to quit, but you don't do that if you are passionate about something.

The reason why I had believed that is when I kept hearing complaints about what happened with CFL 99, which is another game he created. He created that game, barely supported it and then stopped cold turkey. He then stopped selling copies of the game and left a lot of people pissed off who wanted to support him. That's not right.

So basically, I actually want to see how far he takes this game. He knows damn well this game wasn't ready and I have a hard time believing Matrix didn't know as well. But I am really interested to see if he gets it to the state as advertised and I actually believe that the private beta team is taking it in that direction slowly. I don't want to see him quit. If you have the passion, you keep going and don't make excuses to why can't do a number of things. And yes, I would buy the game if he got it to that point.

I don't quite get the statement about what I would get out of it. I just share my opinion/information on something just like anyone else does. I don't get anything out of making songs/videos because I like to do that stuff. I don't really care what one's opinion is on it since I was blasted for my earlier songs, but kept making because they were fun for me. I have freeware/shareware threads for lot of games because that is what I am passionate about. I don't get anything out of either one.

But that was a fair question.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #4777
Anthony
Banned

cool, i can buy that logic and i see where you're coming from.

hey, i'm the first guy to crack a joke if something is funny, but there is a side of me that feels bad for the guy. i'm of the belief that he actually thought he could make this a full time job like Solecismic, but his inexperience and other factors just won't make that possible. my wife and i always wish we could start a small little company together so i guess i see a little bit of me in the Winters' situation. i felt bad for his wife (who brought things upon herself obviously), cuz my wife would have done the same thing - she's a very "stand by your man" kinda gal.

i probably stated a couple times in this thread i would love to have created a game even 75% of what MF is, for me that'd be a mammoth accomplishment. David's only fault is charging as much as he did. should have sold the game for at least $20, and all along humbly said it was a work in progress but every game he sold would allow him to further develop the game. i don't think people mind being paid beta testers as long as you let them know ahead of time. he never should have marketed the game as the second coming of FPS.

there's noone to blame in this MF mess other than David, which is shame cuz a different tact would have went a long way. i certainly wouldn't want 96 pages of bashing my game if i created something, that would demotivate me to the point where i'd probably stop putting time/effort into games altogether. it's a shame, really.

nevertheless it seems you are being sincere.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #4778
digamma
Torchbearer

L.A. Comet football time!
L.A. Comet football with a baseball bat!

Week 13
We play Philadelphia, who is struggling this season.

The summary:

Code:
00 00 PHI LA 1st Downs 8 14 Rushing 54 120 Passing 130 231 Penalties 5/35 3/10 Net Yards 149 341 Total Plays 55 70 Rushing Attp/Yds 29/54 40/120 Avg Gain 1.9 3.0 Passing Comp/Att 17/26 19/30 Yards 130 231 Avg Gain 7.6 12.2 Int 0 1 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 8/357 8/342 Field Goals 1 of 3 1 of 1 Time Of Pos 57:27 2:33 Individual Passing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 17-26, 130 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. LA -- DERRER 17-24, 208 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 2-6, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INTs. Receiving: PHI -- SCHAEFERS 7-69 0 TDs, STMARTIN 10-61 0 TDs, LA -- ZITTEL 11-92 0 TDs, SANDINE 5-93 0 TDs, NOTT 3-46 0 TDs, Rushing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 9-17 0 TDs, ARENOS 20-37 0 TDs, LA -- DERRER 10-20 1 TDs, NICKENBERRY 2-6 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 12-42 0 TDs, HYDE 16-52 1 TDs, Kicking: PHI -- FELICE 1 of 3, LA -- SHOGREN 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: PHI -- ZACCAGNINI 8, AUYONG 7, KIROVAC 9, KLEVENE 3, NORDSTROM 7, HERTZBERG 8, LOUP 6, CZYSZ 4, CALLIHAM 1, DUPRAS 2, CRIADO 2, LA -- GOTTHELF 6, MAISEL 3, WINGETT 4, HURTA 3, MCOY 3, WAYFORD 2, VAETH 6, ELLCESSOR 7, SCHOEN 5, MCGREEN 3, LIGHTSEY 4, Sacks: PHI -- LA -- Int: PHI -- NORDSTROM 1-0, LA --

They manage to hold the ball for 57 minutes, but it's just not enough, as our high powered, efficient offense is able to put up 17 points. The defense is stout, holding Philly to 3 and we cruise to 12-1 with a 17-3 win.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #4779
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
hey, i'm the first guy to crack a joke if something is funny, but there is a side of me that feels bad for the guy. i'm of the belief that he actually thought he could make this a full time job like Solecismic, but his inexperience and other factors just won't make that possible. my wife and i always wish we could start a small little company together so i guess i see a little bit of me in the Winters' situation. i felt bad for his wife (who brought things upon herself obviously), cuz my wife would have done the same thing - she's a very "stand by your man" kinda gal.

This guy continously fed everybody garbage about how the game was "almost ready" for several years, then released a buggy piece of crap "game" that was unplayable and not even close to being in the same universe - let along ballpark - that he had made it out to be. These factors and many more make it impossible to not enjoy taking a dig at him.

Usually I would not derive much enjoyment for making fun of a guy's labour of love, but the way this guy carries himself, well... he deserves it.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #4780
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 14

We travel to Chicago. Chicago is battling Cleveland for their division lead. We handed Cleveland two losses earlier in the season, and now it's Chicago's turn to play us twice in the last three games.

The summary:

Code:
00 00 CHI LA 1st Downs 10 20 Rushing 93 162 Passing 214 305 Penalties 5/45 2/10 Net Yards 262 457 Total Plays 55 75 Rushing Attp/Yds 32/93 45/162 Avg Gain 2.9 3.6 Passing Comp/Att 14/23 16/30 Yards 214 305 Avg Gain 15.3 19.1 Int 1 1 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 8/325 5/230 Field Goals 0 of 0 1 of 1 Time Of Pos 52:01 7:59 Individual Passing: CHI -- NASSER 14-23, 214 yds, 1 TDs, 1 INTs. LA -- DERRER 14-25, 285 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INTs. NICKENBERRY 2-5, 20 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. Receiving: CHI -- PERCE 5-84 0 TDs, HAZARIKA 8-119 1 TDs, SPILLANE 1-11 0 TDs, LA -- ZITTEL 5-124 4 TDs, DUMESNIL 1-24 0 TDs, SANDINE 9-155 0 TDs, NOTT 1-2 0 TDs, Rushing: CHI -- NASSER 13-42 0 TDs, BOLL 19-51 0 TDs, LA -- DERRER 9-30 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 16-60 0 TDs, WYATT 1-6 0 TDs, HYDE 19-66 0 TDs, Kicking: CHI -- LA -- SHOGREN 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: CHI -- DAGATA 8, HILLEMAN 11, BUENROSTRO 5, SILFIES 3, MAUNG 9, FELLENBAUM 11, HICKLIN 7, STURMAN 1, MCCRATE 1, CLARITY 5, LA -- GOTTHELF 6, MAISEL 7, WINGETT 6, HURTA 7, MCOY 7, WAYFORD 3, VAETH 5, ELLCESSOR 2, SCHOEN 2, MCCLOY 1, Sacks: CHI -- LA -- Int: CHI -- SILFIES 1-0, LA -- WAYFORD 1-0,

This is becoming a shampoo commercial. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Insert same old statistical jokes. Mention we won. Repeat.

We cruise to a 31-7 win.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #4781
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Insert same old statistical jokes.

Some of us LOOOOVE the statistical jokes.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #4782
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 15

At 13-1, we feel pretty good about things heading into our game with Milwaukee.

The summary:

Code:
00 00 LA MIL 1st Downs 26 16 Rushing 172 101 Passing 333 176 Penalties 4/30 2/10 Net Yards 475 267 Total Plays 80 56 Rushing Attp/Yds 45/172 36/101 Avg Gain 3.8 2.8 Passing Comp/Att 24/35 14/20 Yards 333 176 Avg Gain 13.9 12.6 Int 0 1 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 1/41 4/175 Field Goals 0 of 0 1 of 1 Time Of Pos 10:01 49:59 Individual Passing: LA -- DERRER 19-28, 279 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 5-7, 54 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. MIL -- SINCELL 14-20, 176 yds, 1 TDs, 1 INTs. Receiving: LA -- ZITTEL 13-197 1 TDs, SANDINE 5-63 1 TDs, NOTT 6-73 0 TDs, MIL -- ETTISON 9-123 1 TDs, BRUENING 5-53 0 TDs, Rushing: LA -- DERRER 6-25 0 TDs, NICKENBERRY 1-6 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 16-58 2 TDs, WYATT 3-16 0 TDs, HYDE 19-67 1 TDs, MIL -- SINCELL 8-23 0 TDs, VAGLIARDO 26-69 1 TDs, KISINGER 2-9 0 TDs, Kicking: LA -- MIL -- WEPPLER 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: LA -- GOTTHELF 5, MAISEL 6, WINGETT 10, HURTA 3, MCOY 6, WAYFORD 3, VAETH 9, SCHOEN 2, MCGREEN 3, LIGHTSEY 2, MIL -- ROTSTEIN 9, TANKS 10, BARCLIFT 12, BENING 5, MEGGERS 10, FELDTMAN 4, KASSULKE 7, GAVIGAN 1, BABILON 3, OBYRNE 3, GOBERN 2, Sacks: LA -- MIL -- Int: LA -- VAETH 1-0, MIL --

This was actually a tad bit exciting to watch on the old simulation scoreboard. Back and forth the whole way, until we scored our fourth touchdown late in the fourth quarter to escape with the 28-24 win.

14-1!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #4783
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 16

The final week of the regular season. Woo hoo!

Like I mentioned earlier, we play Chicago for the second time in three weeks. They were able to win last week to wrap up the North Division (we'll see if that is good enough to get them into the play-offs), so it looks like we decide to throw the rule book out the window and play a 15 minute game.

Code:
00 00 LA CHI 1st Downs 19 19 Rushing 149 112 Passing 367 283 Penalties 4/25 4/10 Net Yards 491 385 Total Plays 68 66 Rushing Attp/Yds 40/149 37/112 Avg Gain 3.7 3.0 Passing Comp/Att 22/28 23/29 Yards 367 283 Avg Gain 16.7 12.3 Int 0 0 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 4/181 5/218 Field Goals 0 of 0 1 of 1 Time Of Pos 6:30 8:30 Individual Passing: LA -- DERRER 15-19, 254 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 7-9, 113 yds, 1 TDs, 0 INTs. CHI -- NASSER 23-29, 283 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. Receiving: LA -- ZITTEL 17-251 1 TDs, SANDINE 5-116 2 TDs, CHI -- PERCE 13-171 2 TDs, HAZARIKA 10-112 0 TDs, Rushing: LA -- DERRER 9-31 0 TDs, NICKENBERRY 2-8 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 11-41 0 TDs, HYDE 18-69 1 TDs, CHI -- NASSER 10-31 0 TDs, BOLL 26-79 1 TDs, MAUCERI 1-2 0 TDs, Kicking: LA -- CHI -- BALCH 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: LA -- GOTTHELF 9, MAISEL 6, WINGETT 8, HURTA 5, MCOY 4, WAYFORD 5, VAETH 9, ELLCESSOR 3, SCHOEN 8, MCGREEN 2, CHI -- DAGATA 7, HILLEMAN 7, BUENROSTRO 6, SILFIES 5, MAUNG 6, FELLENBAUM 13, HICKLIN 6, STURMAN 2, STROY 4, MCCRATE 3, CLARITY 2, Sacks: LA -- CHI -- Int: LA -- CHI --

It looks like another 28-24 win, and we finish the regular season 15-1. Kudos to Zittel and Sandine in this one who put up some John Jefferson/Ahmad Rashad circa 1982 GEFL receiving numbers in this one. Too bad no one else got to catch a pass.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #4784
digamma
Torchbearer

The standings...

So, to let you see the standings, it looks like I have two options. Take four separate screen shots. Upload them to a web page and post them here. Or copy them down quickly. Strangely, the latter seems like less work.

East
New York 13-3
Boston 7-9
Philadelphia 4-12
Washington 3-13

North
Chicago 11-5
Cleveland 10-6
Milwaukee 8-8
Pittsburgh 3-13

South
Miami 11-5
Dallas 11-5
Houston 7-9
Tampa 4-12

West
Los Angeles 15-1
Denver 10-6
San Francisco 9-7
Oakland 2-14

And, so we're all on the same page with regard to the play-offs, I offer this straight from the game manual.

Quote:
8.1.8 Playoff Games
Once the season is complete, it’s time for the post season to determine the League Champion. Playoff games
cannot be created or played until the regular season is complete. Playoff games are subject to the same roster
rules as the regular season.
Due to the unlimited numbers of Conferences, Divisions, and teams in Maximum-Football, there are no predefi ned
playoff structures. Each playoff round must be created before the game is played.
For round one of the playoffs, you will be shown the Division standings and a list of games. Select the home team
from the Division list and apply it to the round list. Then select the visiting team and apply it to the round list.
Continue until all the games in the round are completed.
Subsequent rounds of the playoffs give you the option to select the winners of the previous round, or the divisional
winners (allowing for byes into the playoffs).
When saving a round with only a single game, you will be asked if this is the League Championship game.

Honestly, I have no idea what that means. It looks like we can just keep playing play-off rounds until our hearts are content, with division winners always having the option to play again (best two out of three? lose two in a row...best three out of five? lose...best four out of seven....). In the game, there is a "new round" button.

So, we have the standings. My question to you...who should make the play-offs? Why? Granted you have no information, other than a few scores from early in the season, scores versus the L.A. Comets and the final standings. But, that really shouldn't matter...should it?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #4785
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Some of us LOOOOVE the statistical jokes.

And...you're in luck. I figured out how to export the league statistics into an excel file.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #4786
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
L.A. Comet football with a baseball bat!

Week 13
We play Philadelphia, who is struggling this season.

The summary:

Code:
00 00 PHI LA 1st Downs 8 14 Rushing 54 120 Passing 130 231 Penalties 5/35 3/10 Net Yards 149 341 Total Plays 55 70 Rushing Attp/Yds 29/54 40/120 Avg Gain 1.9 3.0 Passing Comp/Att 17/26 19/30 Yards 130 231 Avg Gain 7.6 12.2 Int 0 1 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 8/357 8/342 Field Goals 1 of 3 1 of 1 Time Of Pos 57:27 2:33 Individual Passing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 17-26, 130 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. LA -- DERRER 17-24, 208 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 2-6, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INTs. Receiving: PHI -- SCHAEFERS 7-69 0 TDs, STMARTIN 10-61 0 TDs, LA -- ZITTEL 11-92 0 TDs, SANDINE 5-93 0 TDs, NOTT 3-46 0 TDs, Rushing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 9-17 0 TDs, ARENOS 20-37 0 TDs, LA -- DERRER 10-20 1 TDs, NICKENBERRY 2-6 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 12-42 0 TDs, HYDE 16-52 1 TDs, Kicking: PHI -- FELICE 1 of 3, LA -- SHOGREN 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: PHI -- ZACCAGNINI 8, AUYONG 7, KIROVAC 9, KLEVENE 3, NORDSTROM 7, HERTZBERG 8, LOUP 6, CZYSZ 4, CALLIHAM 1, DUPRAS 2, CRIADO 2, LA -- GOTTHELF 6, MAISEL 3, WINGETT 4, HURTA 3, MCOY 3, WAYFORD 2, VAETH 6, ELLCESSOR 7, SCHOEN 5, MCGREEN 3, LIGHTSEY 4, Sacks: PHI -- LA -- Int: PHI -- NORDSTROM 1-0, LA --

They manage to hold the ball for 57 minutes, but it's just not enough, as our high powered, efficient offense is able to put up 17 points. The defense is stout, holding Philly to 3 and we cruise to 12-1 with a 17-3 win.

Ok, so basically Philly held the ball for 57 minutes with just 8 first downs and a 1.9 rushing average. Nice!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #4787
digamma
Torchbearer

Individual Statistics

(category by category...and yes, this is the whole of them)

We'll start on the defensive side of the ball (I'm going in the order they exported onto the excel sheet.

Interceptions

Name INT Yards Longest TDs
GROEBNER (Washington) 2 0 0 0 0
BARBAGELATA (Washington) 4 0 0 0 0
REMINGTON (Cleveland) 1 0 0 0 0
ABRUZZINO (Miami) 3 0 0 0 0
GUTRERREZ (Miami) 1 0 0 0 0
SEIP (Miami) 3 0 0 0 0
PUGLIARES (San Francisco) 1 0 0 0 0
NUZENSKI (New York) 2 0 0 0 0
MYSLIWIEC (New York) 2 0 0 0 0
OBANION (New York) 1 0 0 0 0
BUCKMASTER (Oakland) 3 0 0 0 0
FRATTO (Oakland) 2 0 0 0 0
BENING (Milwaukee) 2 0 0 0 0
BLIESE (Pittsburgh) 1 0 0 0 0
HICKLIN (Chicago) 3 0 0 0 0
MODIN (Pittsburgh) 1 0 0 0 0
WHITLER (Pittsburgh) 2 0 0 0 0
SUBLETT (Denver) 1 0 0 0 0
REINOWSKI (Boston) 3 0 0 0 0
CZYSZ (Philadelphia) 2 0 0 0 0
CALLIHAM (Philadelphia) 1 0 0 0 0
DUPRAS (Philadelphia) 1 0 0 0 0
WAYFORD (Los Angeles) 5 0 0 0 0
VAETH (Los Angeles) 5 0 0 0 0
PINSKY (Houston) 2 0 0 0 0
KASSULKE (Milwaukee) 2 0 0 0 0
STORTO (Miami) 3 0 0 0 0
BISSON (Cleveland) 2 0 0 0 0
GANDRUD (New York) 2 0 0 0 0
WILHIDE (Oakland) 2 0 0 0 0
VOLBRECHT (Oakland) 1 0 0 0 0
MERKEL (Cleveland) 6 0 0 0 0
SILFIES (Chicago) 2 0 0 0 0
KLEVENE (Philadelphia) 3 0 0 0 0
FELDTMAN (Milwaukee) 1 0 0 0 0
BUDLONG (Denver) 4 0 0 0 0
WENGERD (Houston) 1 0 0 0 0
MAUNG (Chicago) 3 0 0 0 0
MCCRATE (Chicago) 1 0 0 0 0
NORDSTROM (Philadelphia) 1 0 0 0 0
HERTZBERG (Philadelphia) 3 0 0 0 0
MCOY (Los Angeles) 3 0 0 0 0
OBYRNE (Milwaukee) 1 0 0 0 0
HASELDEN (San Francisco) 5 0 0 0 0
COVENTRY (Tampa) 1 0 0 0 0
DEBRUHL (Pittsburgh) 3 0 0 0 0
PORTEN (Dallas) 5 0 0 0 0
SEMSEM (Dallas) 2 0 0 0 0
DROBNY (San Francisco) 3 0 0 0 0
BLUDWORTH (San Francisco) 1 0 0 0 0
TONETTI (San Francisco) 2 0 0 0 0
CUTHBERT (Dallas) 3 0 0 0 0
CARDINAL (Dallas) 1 0 0 0 0
LEDWITH (New York) 3 0 0 0 0
GAVETT (Dallas) 1 0 0 0 0
LOUP (Philadelphia) 3 0 0 0 0
CICALI (Oakland) 1 0 0 0 0
MENDIVIL (Tampa) 1 0 0 0 0
HEFFINGTON (Tampa) 1 0 0 0 0
OESTREICHER (Denver) 3 0 0 0 0
COLAR (Denver) 3 0 0 0 0
LEBRECHT (Denver) 1 0 0 0 0
SYLVIAN (Houston) 1 0 0 0 0
GEOFFREY (Houston) 2 0 0 0 0
BARTSCH (Pittsburgh) 2 0 0 0 0
ROSENKOETTE (Cleveland) 5 0 0 0 0
HUNTSBERRY (Boston) 2 0 0 0 0
ORREN (Boston) 1 0 0 0 0
ALLGEYER (San Francisco) 2 0 0 0 0
DESVERGNES (Houston) 1 0 0 0 0
MEGGERS (Milwaukee) 1 0 0 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #4788
digamma
Torchbearer

The kickers (note the success of my man Shogren after dropping that bum Soboleski)...

Field Goals

Name PAT Att PAT Cmp FG 20 Att FG 20 Cmp FG 30 Att FG 30 Cmp FG 40 Att FG 40 Cmp FG 50 Att FG 50 Cmp Longest Pnts
FRIEDLER (Cleveland) 31 31 4 4 8 8 8 8 0 0 44 91
GARMEN (Miami) 36 36 6 6 3 3 3 3 0 0 44 72
RODVOLD (Denver) 41 41 6 6 3 3 2 2 0 0 45 74
MCQUIRE (Boston) 22 22 13 13 8 8 6 6 0 0 45 103
SOBOLEWSKI () 28 20 4 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 35 32
JUDICE (Houston) 34 34 6 5 5 5 2 2 0 0 45 70
BUSSKOHL (San Francisco) 23 23 2 2 5 5 2 2 0 0 44 50
LAASAGA (Pittsburgh) 14 10 6 3 3 2 1 0 0 0 33 25
KRISSIE (Dallas) 32 32 7 7 7 7 4 4 0 0 45 86
FELICE (Philadelphia) 15 8 9 5 7 4 11 6 0 0 45 53
BALCH (Chicago) 40 40 7 7 4 4 0 0 0 0 38 73
SHOGREN (Los Angeles) 26 26 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 41 35
LITKA (Oakland) 12 12 4 4 4 4 9 9 0 0 45 63
HORD (Tampa) 15 15 11 11 3 3 6 6 0 0 44 75
LINGAO (Washington) 13 13 6 6 5 5 6 6 0 0 45 64
KORBAR (New York) 48 46 5 5 2 2 4 4 0 0 43 79
WEPPLER (Milwaukee) 34 34 5 5 8 8 4 4 0 0 44 85
Old 08-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #4789
digamma
Torchbearer

The kick returners (though, these are actually punt return statistics) get their day in the sun...

Kick Returns

Name Returns Yards Longest TDs
MCKERCHER (Miami) 103 2724 46 0 0
DEMBY (Oakland) 92 2336 47 0 0
ROSARIO (Boston) 105 2719 45 0 0
SCHAEFERS (Philadelphia) 108 3064 47 0 0
ETTISON (Milwaukee) 96 2609 50 0 0
MONTOTO (San Francisco) 113 3020 47 0 0
CARHART (New York) 95 2533 48 0 0
LAMOND (Dallas) 113 3273 48 0 0
ZITTEL (Los Angeles) 104 3020 65 2 0
ROGG (Tampa) 105 3052 50 0 0
CARCIA (Denver) 83 2139 47 0 0
ALLSHOUSE (Houston) 101 2707 45 0 0
BUEHRLE (Washington) 95 2604 47 0 0
PANCHOLI (Cleveland) 2 0 0 0 0
BEISH (Cleveland) 96 2587 47 0 0
PERCE (Chicago) 105 2559 47 0 0
BLENDER (Pittsburgh) 85 2332 47 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #4790
digamma
Torchbearer

The Quarterbacks (I have no idea what the extra column is on the right--it's not labeled in the excel file--luckily it's all zeros)...

Passing

Name Att Cmp Yards TDs Longest Longest TD Sacks Sack Yrds Fumbles Fumbles Lost INT
CANNONE (Washington) 437 287 2926 8 21 45 0 0 0 0 7 0
PICCONE (Miami) 450 293 3496 25 27 122 0 0 0 0 12 0
GORCZYNSKI (Philadelphia) 457 299 3013 12 20 66 0 0 0 0 11 0
MATLOCK (Oakland) 453 300 3118 10 20 76 0 0 0 0 8 0
STEFKA (San Francisco) 456 295 3230 17 20 95 0 0 0 0 10 0
PITORAK (Houston) 447 283 3535 25 28 177 0 0 0 0 12 0
BYRON (Cleveland) 437 277 3967 23 54 133 6 461.3822 0 0 14 0
SINCELL (Milwaukee) 472 324 3878 25 27 158 0 0 0 0 6 0
DEVAN (Dallas) 470 321 3815 23 29 125 0 0 0 0 6 0
NASSER (Chicago) 490 319 4259 28 28 161 0 0 0 0 11 0
NICKENBERRY (Los Angeles) 129 71 944 12 36 112 3 207.4467 0 0 8 0
WOOLWORTH (Cleveland) 7 3 58 0 23 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
HONGISTO (Boston) 485 315 3696 21 28 109 0 0 0 0 8 0
MUGGE (Tampa) 464 302 3206 12 21 67 0 0 0 0 13 0
ARNZEN (Denver) 449 281 4174 32 29 192 0 0 0 0 7 0
DERRER (Los Angeles) 343 226 3335 29 29 161 0 0 0 0 4 0
FIGGS (New York) 477 313 4441 36 27 173 0 0 0 0 9 0
CARCIERI (Pittsburgh) 441 283 2990 14 21 84 0 0 0 0 9 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #4791
digamma
Torchbearer

You'll note above, that Arnzen passed Pitorak for the longest touchdown pass of the season.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #4792
digamma
Torchbearer

The receivers (yes, everyone in the league who has caught a pass this season)...

Receiving

Name Rec Yards Longest Longest TD TDs
SPADA (Dallas) 137 1761 29 74 11 0
WHEETLEY (Tampa) 3 38 16 5 1 0
SHERLIN (Tampa) 28 286 19 22 2 0
BONAPARTE (Cleveland) 31 431 24 9 2 0
MCKERCHER (Miami) 147 1806 27 85 16 0
WHITACKER (Pittsburgh) 4 33 14 0 0 0
LIDGE (Denver) 89 1415 29 63 9 0
DEMBY (Oakland) 127 1315 20 30 4 0
SARTI (Boston) 34 384 23 14 2 0
ROSARIO (Boston) 159 1938 28 67 9 0
SCHAEFERS (Philadelphia) 118 1327 20 41 7 0
STMARTIN (Philadelphia) 151 1433 19 24 3 0
LUEBBE (Philadelphia) 1 10 10 0 0 0
ETTISON (Milwaukee) 149 1867 27 103 14 0
HANAUER (Milwaukee) 35 396 24 38 4 0
KRAVETZ (Houston) 46 533 25 30 3 0
BERDUX (San Francisco) 36 392 19 24 3 0
RAPOZO (Pittsburgh) 136 1388 21 30 5 0
WYATT (Los Angeles) 7 81 20 20 1 0
NOTT (Los Angeles) 42 555 24 101 11 0
CUSTEAU (Miami) 100 1221 27 42 6 0
VAGLIARDO (Milwaukee) 9 123 22 11 1 0
MONTOTO (San Francisco) 138 1480 20 40 6 0
HOLTROP (Cleveland) 7 56 25 0 0 0
VANVRANKEN (Washington) 36 335 19 12 2 0
MANLY (San Francisco) 8 87 14 9 1 0
JERGEN (San Francisco) 111 1232 20 37 6 0
CARHART (New York) 154 2277 27 134 18 0
STOLTZ (New York) 3 34 21 0 0 0
LAMOND (Dallas) 149 1697 26 60 10 0
OSMAN (Dallas) 8 104 21 0 0 0
OEHLERT (Dallas) 27 253 20 12 2 0
EKLOV (Philadelphia) 2 17 10 0 0 0
SPILLANE (Chicago) 50 600 26 20 4 0
FICORILLI (Oakland) 143 1519 19 59 5 0
SANDINE (Los Angeles) 105 1538 36 46 9 0
ROGG (Tampa) 135 1415 20 26 5 0
CARCIA (Denver) 134 2029 28 136 16 0
ALBARES (Denver) 4 38 19 0 0 0
PATENAUDE (Denver) 5 64 22 0 0 0
MOSTYN (Pittsburgh) 23 243 18 27 4 0
BUEHRLE (Washington) 130 1381 20 3 1 0
PANCHOLI (Cleveland) 102 1450 30 80 10 0
NEUDECK (Boston) 5 70 22 0 0 0
EASH (San Francisco) 2 39 17 12 1 0
DIGIAMBATTI (New York) 110 1548 27 109 16 0
CABANES (New York) 46 582 23 5 2 0
MARCRUM (Denver) 49 628 23 56 7 0
REDELL (Oakland) 4 34 17 0 0 0
ARENOS (Philadelphia) 2 9 6 0 0 0
HANDSAKER (Oakland) 26 250 19 0 1 0
PHILBIN (Philadelphia) 25 217 17 1 2 0
BEISH (Cleveland) 139 2034 27 88 11 0
DAUZAT (Tampa) 136 1467 21 23 4 0
DESILVIO (Miami) 35 358 19 17 3 0
ZITTEL (Los Angeles) 133 1957 29 146 20 0
DUMESNIL (Los Angeles) 10 148 24 0 0 0
BRUENING (Milwaukee) 131 1492 26 41 6 0
ALLSHOUSE (Houston) 136 1796 28 113 15 0
WUNDERLY (Houston) 9 89 22 0 0 0
MOATES (Houston) 2 15 13 0 0 0
ROSS (Houston) 90 1102 25 116 7 0
MAUCERI (Chicago) 4 77 24 0 0 0
HAZARIKA (Chicago) 101 1393 28 62 8 0
STYONS (Miami) 8 87 16 0 0 0
UNGERMAN (Miami) 3 24 20 0 0 0
PERCE (Chicago) 149 2049 28 106 16 0
BOLL (Chicago) 15 140 23 0 0 0
DIPERNA (Boston) 117 1304 28 54 10 0
VELIE (Washington) 116 1177 21 30 5 0
YARRELL (Washington) 3 28 18 0 0 0
FRUGOLI (Washington) 2 5 4 0 0 0
BLENDER (Pittsburgh) 120 1326 21 39 5 0
HOBART (Cleveland) 1 54 54 0 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #4793
digamma
Torchbearer

Rushing (I guess we're a pass happy league)...

Rushing

Name Rushes Yards Longest Longest TD TDs Fumbles Fumbles Lost
WHEETLEY (Tampa) 379 966 4 4 4 0 0 0
GORCZYNSKI (Philadelphia) 148 356 4 2 1 0 0 0
WYATT (Los Angeles) 60 263 16 0 0 0 0 0
PICCONE (Miami) 135 379 5 1 2 0 0 0
VAGLIARDO (Milwaukee) 485 1385 5 19 12 0 0 0
MATLOCK (Oakland) 150 360 4 5 2 0 0 0
BYRON (Cleveland) 110 283 5 2 1 0 0 0
STEFKA (San Francisco) 123 313 4 1 1 0 0 0
MANLY (San Francisco) 375 962 4 1 4 0 0 0
STOLTZ (New York) 519 1704 5 7 11 0 0 0
BILLOT (New York) 25 83 5 0 0 0 0 0
OSMAN (Dallas) 423 1267 6 10 7 0 0 0
EKLOV (Philadelphia) 13 37 4 0 0 0 0 0
NASSER (Chicago) 134 487 6 3 1 0 0 0
CATHY (Oakland) 10 26 4 0 0 0 0 0
ALBARES (Denver) 478 1701 6 14 6 0 0 0
CANNONE (Washington) 125 276 4 0 2 0 0 0
LEITTEN (Boston) 28 82 5 4 1 0 0 0
HOLTROP (Cleveland) 451 1484 12 7 7 0 0 0
WHITACKER (Pittsburgh) 389 1001 4 7 4 0 0 0
CLEMENCE (Pittsburgh) 12 20 4 0 0 0 0 0
DEVAN (Dallas) 150 391 5 2 2 0 0 0
HONGISTO (Boston) 156 510 6 1 1 0 0 0
NEUDECK (Boston) 472 1464 5 3 2 0 0 0
MEAHL (Dallas) 17 55 5 0 0 0 0 0
EASH (San Francisco) 41 113 4 1 1 0 0 0
PATENAUDE (Denver) 26 91 5 2 1 0 0 0
REDELL (Oakland) 384 1030 4 4 2 0 0 0
ARENOS (Philadelphia) 370 958 4 4 2 0 0 0
BROKER (Cleveland) 16 59 5 0 0 0 0 0
MCDAVIS (Tampa) 23 69 4 0 0 0 0 0
DUMESNIL (Los Angeles) 230 793 11 6 5 0 0 0
HYDE (Los Angeles) 226 777 7 11 5 0 0 0
NICKENBERRY (Los Angeles) 23 89 10 0 0 0 0 0
SINCELL (Milwaukee) 132 414 6 0 0 0 0 0
PITORAK (Houston) 129 382 5 0 1 0 0 0
WUNDERLY (Houston) 433 1288 5 6 8 0 0 0
MOATES (Houston) 23 76 6 0 0 0 0 0
KISINGER (Milwaukee) 31 99 5 0 0 0 0 0
MAUCERI (Chicago) 35 125 6 0 0 0 0 0
MUGGE (Tampa) 147 387 4 0 1 0 0 0
ARNZEN (Denver) 116 416 5 4 2 0 0 0
STYONS (Miami) 474 1422 5 17 10 0 0 0
UNGERMAN (Miami) 31 89 5 0 0 0 0 0
DERRER (Los Angeles) 98 304 5 0 2 0 0 0
BOLL (Chicago) 497 1626 6 21 12 0 0 0
YARRELL (Washington) 363 882 4 2 2 0 0 0
FRUGOLI (Washington) 19 41 4 1 1 0 0 0
FIGGS (New York) 138 511 6 1 1 0 0 0
CARCIERI (Pittsburgh) 159 410 4 3 1 0 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #4794
digamma
Torchbearer

Tackles (this is the longest one--sorry)...

Tackles

Name Tackles Sacks Safeties
MCMANN (Tampa) 8 0 0 0
GROEBNER (Washington) 100 0 0 0
BARBAGELATA (Washington) 117 0 0 0
BELFI (Cleveland) 43 0 0 0
PUNDSACK (Washington) 37 0 0 0
REMINGTON (Cleveland) 97 0 0 0
DEETS (Miami) 124 0 0 0
MYSLIWIEC (New York) 81 0 0 0
RYNES (New York) 2 0 0 0
WASSMANN (New York) 98 0 0 0
FRATTO (Oakland) 99 0 0 0
PACHTER (Pittsburgh) 43 0 0 0
BLIESE (Pittsburgh) 15 0 0 0
STUCKETT (San Francisco) 36 0 0 0
WHITLER (Pittsburgh) 100 0 0 0
ASCHEMAN (Pittsburgh) 60 0 0 0
SUBLETT (Denver) 34 0 0 0
WIXON (Oakland) 47 0 0 0
VANDERROEST (Oakland) 21 0 0 0
REINOWSKI (Boston) 93 0 0 0
STERMER (Boston) 81 0 0 0
VERDI (Boston) 112 0 0 0
SUTIC (Boston) 45 0 0 0
AUYONG (Philadelphia) 133 0 0 0
CALLIHAM (Philadelphia) 49 0 0 0
DUPRAS (Philadelphia) 42 0 0 0
VAETH (Los Angeles) 92 0 0 0
KEIRNS (Los Angeles) 4 0 0 0
BARCLIFT (Milwaukee) 112 0 0 0
GANDRUD (New York) 85 0 0 0
QUALLE (Houston) 58 0 0 0
MAUNG (Chicago) 89 0 0 0
WAYFORD (Los Angeles) 76 0 0 0
GUTRERREZ (Miami) 85 0 0 0
SEIP (Miami) 85 0 0 0
LECATO (Miami) 2 0 0 0
BOUCHE (Miami) 39 0 0 0
BATTSON (Miami) 15 0 0 0
MURZYCKI (Miami) 38 0 0 0
OBYRNE (Milwaukee) 26 0 0 0
KYZAR (Cleveland) 3 0 0 0
RUSHWORTH (Miami) 109 0 0 0
NORDSTROM (Philadelphia) 93 0 0 0
NUZENSKI (New York) 77 0 0 0
ELLIOT (New York) 46 0 0 0
GEROCK (Denver) 128 0 0 0
TANKS (Milwaukee) 105 0 0 0
BENING (Milwaukee) 92 0 0 0
KASSULKE (Milwaukee) 71 0 0 0
HASELDEN (San Francisco) 69 0 0 0
REINKEMEYER (San Francisco) 58 0 0 0
BLUDWORTH (San Francisco) 36 0 0 0
AMSLEY (New York) 92 0 0 0
DROBNY (San Francisco) 88 0 0 0
PUGLIARES (San Francisco) 7 0 0 0
ROETCISOEND (New York) 40 0 0 0
LEDWITH (New York) 62 0 0 0
VIETHS (Dallas) 118 0 0 0
BENACK (Dallas) 109 0 0 0
GIACCHI (Dallas) 2 0 0 0
ZACCAGNINI (Philadelphia) 112 0 0 0
KIROVAC (Philadelphia) 112 0 0 0
DAGATA (Chicago) 102 0 0 0
HICKLIN (Chicago) 89 0 0 0
MIODUSZEWSK (Chicago) 49 0 0 0
STURMAN (Chicago) 37 0 0 0
CZYSZ (Philadelphia) 37 0 0 0
CRIADO (Philadelphia) 18 0 0 0
BUENROSTRO (Chicago) 73 0 0 0
MCCRATE (Chicago) 34 0 0 0
MAISEL (Los Angeles) 106 1 0 0
SCHOEN (Los Angeles) 57 0 0 0
MCGREEN (Los Angeles) 26 0 0 0
LIGHTSEY (Los Angeles) 43 1 0 0
NOTT (Los Angeles) 1 0 0 0
PAOLETTI (Oakland) 134 0 0 0
REINHOLTZ (Oakland) 7 0 0 0
CANTEY (Oakland) 123 0 0 0
CICALI (Oakland) 41 0 0 0
KALIN (Tampa) 89 0 0 0
ESCOTT (Tampa) 112 0 0 0
HEFFINGTON (Tampa) 86 0 0 0
NARVAEZ (Tampa) 95 0 0 0
COVENTRY (Tampa) 1 0 0 0
BREDY (Denver) 95 0 0 0
OESTREICHER (Denver) 83 0 0 0
BUDLONG (Denver) 82 0 0 0
VALVO (Denver) 93 0 0 0
ANTONETTI (Denver) 1 0 0 0
PINSKY (Houston) 113 0 0 0
SYLVIAN (Houston) 102 0 0 0
KITTINGER (Pittsburgh) 4 0 0 0
MODIN (Pittsburgh) 80 0 0 0
BARTSCH (Pittsburgh) 104 0 0 0
CONTRINO (Pittsburgh) 33 0 0 0
COYNER (Boston) 101 0 0 0
BANASIAK (Washington) 92 0 0 0
GUIDETTI (Washington) 48 0 0 0
ABNET (Boston) 26 0 0 0
MERKEL (Cleveland) 97 0 0 0
ANTISTA (Boston) 108 0 0 0
HUNTSBERRY (Boston) 97 0 0 0
ORREN (Boston) 89 0 0 0
HOLTROP (Cleveland) 1 0 0 0
MERICA (Cleveland) 49 0 0 0
SHABEL (Pittsburgh) 121 0 0 0
MARCHENA (Pittsburgh) 118 0 0 0
BURNES (Cleveland) 1 0 0 0
PANCHOLI (Cleveland) 7 0 0 0
HEIDEBRINK (Pittsburgh) 46 0 0 0
PUCCINI (Dallas) 109 0 0 0
CARDINAL (Dallas) 88 0 0 0
PORTEN (Dallas) 96 0 0 0
CROSNO (Dallas) 18 0 0 0
SERAFINE (San Francisco) 107 0 0 0
STLUCIEN (San Francisco) 18 0 0 0
BERDUGO (San Francisco) 114 0 0 0
CUTHBERT (Dallas) 100 0 0 0
SCHROTT (San Francisco) 110 0 0 0
ALLGEYER (San Francisco) 102 0 0 0
TONETTI (San Francisco) 101 0 0 0
KUHNEL (San Francisco) 42 0 0 0
KOZIAK (Boston) 46 0 0 0
FAVUZZI (Denver) 126 0 0 0
MUSSMANN (Denver) 48 0 0 0
GOLDSWORTHY (Denver) 34 0 0 0
LEBRECHT (Denver) 13 0 0 0
DUVEL (Washington) 133 0 0 0
AYDT (Washington) 133 0 0 0
CHILDRES (Washington) 104 0 0 0
MAGOWAN (Washington) 46 0 0 0
WIETZEL (Washington) 92 0 0 0
MICHELS (Washington) 5 0 0 0
OBANION (New York) 44 0 0 0
MINOCK (New York) 10 0 0 0
CHIODI (Oakland) 68 0 0 0
WILHIDE (Oakland) 87 0 0 0
BUCKMASTER (Oakland) 104 0 0 0
CADA (Oakland) 45 0 0 0
HARTSOE (Washington) 29 0 0 0
LIEBENTHAL (Washington) 14 0 0 0
GRAYS (New York) 110 0 0 0
BURGOA (New York) 52 0 0 0
JAVERY (Oakland) 133 0 0 0
KLEVENE (Philadelphia) 96 0 0 0
HERTZBERG (Philadelphia) 96 0 0 0
LOUP (Philadelphia) 84 0 0 0
JUBA (Philadelphia) 48 0 0 0
BOGEMA (Miami) 39 0 0 0
BEISH (Cleveland) 1 0 0 0
FENNY (Cleveland) 117 0 0 0
VANWEERD (Cleveland) 112 3 0 0
TROILO (Cleveland) 47 0 0 0
RIVENBERG (Tampa) 106 0 0 0
WOHLENHAUS (Tampa) 65 0 0 0
ABRUZZINO (Miami) 74 0 0 0
STORTO (Miami) 74 0 0 0
MURDY (Miami) 118 0 0 0
RUSTRIAN (Miami) 47 0 0 0
BISSON (Cleveland) 91 0 0 0
ROSENKOETTE (Cleveland) 84 0 0 0
KOPPINGER (Cleveland) 44 0 0 0
TANKERSLY (Tampa) 37 0 0 0
FULEKI (Tampa) 33 0 0 0
ZITTEL (Los Angeles) 2 0 0 0
WINGETT (Los Angeles) 88 0 0 0
DUMESNIL (Los Angeles) 1 0 0 0
HURTA (Los Angeles) 91 1 0 0
GOTTHELF (Los Angeles) 89 2 0 0
MCOY (Los Angeles) 81 0 0 0
MEHTA (Los Angeles) 3 0 0 0
MCCLOY (Los Angeles) 10 0 0 0
YELLOWHAIR (Los Angeles) 11 1 0 0
ROTSTEIN (Milwaukee) 112 0 0 0
GAVIGAN (Milwaukee) 42 0 0 0
BABILON (Milwaukee) 40 0 0 0
GOBERN (Milwaukee) 11 0 0 0
BRADSHER (Houston) 132 0 0 0
ADROVEL (Houston) 113 0 0 0
DESVERGNES (Houston) 43 0 0 0
GERONIMO (Houston) 18 0 0 0
HILLEMAN (Chicago) 105 0 0 0
BRUNMEIER (Milwaukee) 44 0 0 0
GEOFFREY (Houston) 74 0 0 0
WOODROOF (Houston) 135 0 0 0
WENGERD (Houston) 94 0 0 0
FELLENBAUM (Chicago) 120 0 0 0
CIONI (Chicago) 4 0 0 0
STROY (Chicago) 33 0 0 0
CLARITY (Chicago) 13 0 0 0
FANNELL (Tampa) 119 0 0 0
MENDIVIL (Tampa) 82 0 0 0
KEANUM (Tampa) 44 0 0 0
COLAR (Denver) 97 0 0 0
SELEG (Dallas) 61 0 0 0
DAUGHDRILL (Dallas) 51 0 0 0
SKIFF (Houston) 1 0 0 0
SANDINE (Los Angeles) 3 0 0 0
GIANNITTI (Denver) 38 0 0 0
SEMSEM (Dallas) 82 0 0 0
GAVETT (Dallas) 41 0 0 0
DESTIME (Dallas) 52 0 0 0
GANDHY (Houston) 34 0 0 0
KEELY (Houston) 49 0 0 0
ELLCESSOR (Los Angeles) 47 0 0 0
SILFIES (Chicago) 90 0 0 0
LEDWIG (Boston) 41 0 0 0
STEPLETON (Boston) 1 0 0 0
DEGIROLAMO (Boston) 13 0 0 0
KRIMPLE (Philadelphia) 4 0 0 0
VOLBRECHT (Oakland) 36 0 0 0
MEGGERS (Milwaukee) 111 0 0 0
FELDTMAN (Milwaukee) 99 0 0 0
BROKER (Cleveland) 2 0 0 0
PLOUFFE (Cleveland) 20 0 0 0
DEMILLE (Pittsburgh) 111 0 0 0
GAMPONG (Cleveland) 95 0 0 0
HOBART (Cleveland) 2 0 0 0
DEBRUHL (Pittsburgh) 89 0 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #4795
digamma
Torchbearer

And last, but not least...the punters...

Punts

Name Punts Yards Longest Returns Ret Yards Fair Catch Touch Back Blocked
ROSSO (Cleveland) 89 3961 56 83 2240 0 0 0 0
HATTIER (San Francisco) 112 5009 57 112 3072 0 0 0 0
BALLEY (Denver) 79 3582 56 79 2130 0 0 0 0
LIVINTON (Washington) 118 5310 58 118 3081 0 0 0 0
BISCAHALL (Los Angeles) 82 3628 54 81 2223 0 0 0 0
LANOIS (Tampa) 114 4888 56 114 3072 0 0 0 0
CITY (Miami) 91 4109 59 91 2425 0 0 0 0
CREASY (Dallas) 98 4463 59 98 2600 0 0 0 0
SCHELLENGER (Houston) 103 4522 56 103 2812 0 0 0 0
POREDA (Chicago) 93 4090 58 93 2504 0 0 0 0
MACHA (Boston) 92 4114 58 92 2435 0 0 0 0
BARBARITO (Philadelphia) 111 5035 57 111 3091 0 0 0 0
REE (Oakland) 122 5435 58 122 3412 0 0 0 0
SCHOETTMER (Milwaukee) 92 4153 57 92 2699 0 0 0 0
TOURVILLE (New York) 79 3447 55 79 2038 0 0 0 0
CAROLLO (Pittsburgh) 117 5254 58 117 3320 0 0 0 0
Old 08-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #4796
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
You'll note above, that Arnzen passed Pitorak for the longest touchdown pass of the season.

Some records were just made to be broken.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #4797
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
...hey, i'm the first guy to crack a joke if something is funny, but there is a side of me that feels bad for the guy. i'm of the belief that he actually thought he could make this a full time job like Solecismic, but his inexperience and other factors just won't make that possible. my wife and i always wish we could start a small little company together so i guess i see a little bit of me in the Winters' situation. i felt bad for his wife (who brought things upon herself obviously), cuz my wife would have done the same thing - she's a very "stand by your man" kinda gal.
I felt somewhat bad at the beginning when I didn't know much about him. But as I read previous posts he had written over a course of 3 years on his own site, I realized that he was stringing people along with false promises and then tried to deny that there were any. And when I learned what happened with CFL 99, that made it worse. Then if you go through his feature list and you learn what is in the game, I see that this guy is less than honest in a number of different areas.

As far as his wife, I never made any ill advised comments about her because I do understand that she is supporting him. Even though she made some crazy comments to potential comments prior to the release, I figured it may have been because she saw how it affected him in their private life.

Quote:
i probably stated a couple times in this thread i would love to have created a game even 75% of what MF is, for me that'd be a mammoth accomplishment. David's only fault is charging as much as he did. should have sold the game for at least $20, and all along humbly said it was a work in progress but every game he sold would allow him to further develop the game. i don't think people mind being paid beta testers as long as you let them know ahead of time. he never should have marketed the game as the second coming of FPS.

Yeah and that's the other thing. Before Matrix took over, he stated that the game would sell aroudn $30, but somehow it went up to $50. Yet if we were to compare that to Puresim, they were able stay around the same price. I don't know what happened there. And I agree with your comments above that she should have sold it for a lot less as a beta game. He could have went the Puresim route easily.

Quote:
there's noone to blame in this MF mess other than David, which is shame cuz a different tact would have went a long way. i certainly wouldn't want 96 pages of bashing my game if i created something, that would demotivate me to the point where i'd probably stop putting time/effort into games altogether. it's a shame, really...

Yep, no one to blame but himself. And that is why this thread is so long. Not for the fact that everyone wants to elbow and drop kick a developer. It is because there are so many mistakes being made. Mistakes are/were being made in publishing, development, public relations, marketing, pricing, beta testing and adverstising. And all of it surrounds this game. I haven't seen this with any other game ever.

But why would you be afraid to start your own business based off this? If it is something that you wanted to do and you are passionate about it, would you really give up on the effort. Now I would understand if you have to stop a business because it is not financially viable, but you wouldn't stop creating altogether, would you?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #4798
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Quarterbacks (I have no idea what the extra column is on the right--it's not labeled in the excel file--luckily it's all zeros)...

Passing

Name Att Cmp Yards TDs Longest Longest TD Sacks Sack Yrds Fumbles Fumbles Lost INT
CANNONE (Washington) 437 287 2926 8 21 45 0 0 0 0 7 0
PICCONE (Miami) 450 293 3496 25 27 122 0 0 0 0 12 0
GORCZYNSKI (Philadelphia) 457 299 3013 12 20 66 0 0 0 0 11 0
MATLOCK (Oakland) 453 300 3118 10 20 76 0 0 0 0 8 0
STEFKA (San Francisco) 456 295 3230 17 20 95 0 0 0 0 10 0
PITORAK (Houston) 447 283 3535 25 28 177 0 0 0 0 12 0
BYRON (Cleveland) 437 277 3967 23 54 133 6 461.3822 0 0 14 0
SINCELL (Milwaukee) 472 324 3878 25 27 158 0 0 0 0 6 0
DEVAN (Dallas) 470 321 3815 23 29 125 0 0 0 0 6 0
NASSER (Chicago) 490 319 4259 28 28 161 0 0 0 0 11 0
NICKENBERRY (Los Angeles) 129 71 944 12 36 112 3 207.4467 0 0 8 0
WOOLWORTH (Cleveland) 7 3 58 0 23 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
HONGISTO (Boston) 485 315 3696 21 28 109 0 0 0 0 8 0
MUGGE (Tampa) 464 302 3206 12 21 67 0 0 0 0 13 0
ARNZEN (Denver) 449 281 4174 32 29 192 0 0 0 0 7 0
DERRER (Los Angeles) 343 226 3335 29 29 161 0 0 0 0 4 0
FIGGS (New York) 477 313 4441 36 27 173 0 0 0 0 9 0
CARCIERI (Pittsburgh) 441 283 2990 14 21 84 0 0 0 0 9 0

That's pretty sad when you have more sack yards (6461.3822) than passing yards (3967). I feel sorry for Byron from Cleveland. I guess its all worth it since he was still able to manage 23 touchdowns.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:44 AM   #4799
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's pretty sad when you have more sack yards (6461.3822) than passing yards (3967). I feel sorry for Byron from Cleveland. I guess its all worth it since he was still able to manage 23 touchdowns.

Eh, wasn't it 6 sacks for 461.3822 yards?
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #4800
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
Eh, wasn't it 6 sacks for 461.3822 yards?

Argh! You're right. On my screen it looks like one complete number. But when I quoted it, I can see now that it is a different cell. So instead of 0 sacks for 6461.3822 yards. It should read 6 sacks for 461.3822 yards. That sounds much better.