More like Maximum Dumbass
Old 07-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #4652
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

More like Maximum Dumbass

Yeah, he cracks me up. When this game was first released, the patches were only addressing minor bugs. Now all of the sudden, he is insinuating that the game is crappy unless you have the latest patches. Although digamma basically said the same things with all the updated patches, Daivd is choosing to ignore that since they don't have the private beta patch that they are currently working on.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #4653
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is rich.

Quote:
I'll take this anyday over a game like HeadCoach that has a lot of nice features and graphics but some really serious gameplay problems.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #4654
aran
High School Varsity

M-F doesn't have serious gameplay problems. It doesn't have gameplay.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #4655
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Good lord - you'd think that someone expecting penalties to be assessed correctly were asking for the moon.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #4656
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
Yeah, he cracks me up. When this game was first released, the patches were only addressing minor bugs. Now all of the sudden, he is insinuating that the game is crappy unless you have the latest patches. Although digamma basically said the same things with all the updated patches, Daivd is choosing to ignore that since they don't have the private beta patch that they are currently working on.

Yeah, my comments in that Madden thread over there are still largely unaddressed.

Hopefully, I can get in Week 6 tonight.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #4657
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

So, when is this game getting released? Any guesses?
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #4658
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 6

Only a quick update. I'm at work, so I don't have the full schedule of games.

We played New York for the second time this season. If you remember, we beat them in Week 2, 27-13.

They've won three straight since then and come into the game atop their division at 4-1.

Bad news for this game is that our time of possession domination from last week is reversed. This week, we only hold the ball for four minutes. Good news is that doesn't stop our high powered offense. We manage to put up 350 yards and 20 points in that short time, demonstrating one of the most customizably efficient offenses ever created.

New York is decidedly inefficient. They only manage 10 points in their 55 minutes with the ball.

So, we win 20-10. We're 6-0.

Denver keeps pace with a win to move to 5-1. San Francisco also wins to go to 4-2. Oakland manages its first win of the season.

Week 7 probably tonight.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #4659
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

85 yards a minute, that's a good clip for your offense there. Was that with your inactive QB again or have you been rotating them?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #4660
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It's easy to get plenty of yards per minute when you're inactive QB (playing 0 minutes) gets several attempts in.

I got nothing.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #4661
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Any update on Week 7 and beyond?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #4662
digamma
Torchbearer

Unfortunately, no. I've been out of town the last two weekends. Good news is I'm flying solo this weekend w/o the wife, so I should be able to plow through the regular season.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #4663
aran
High School Varsity

Awesome! I eagerly await the ridiculousness to come.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #4664
rewissick
n00b

Ok, I really hate to bump this thread, but while having a bit of down time this morning I ran across this gem. I don't think it has been linked to yet, but if so I'm just a BLANK! and I apologize.

hxxp://unix.igames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9645&page=1&pp=15
rewissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #4665
QuikSand
lolzcat

Subtle brilliance. Though the screen name could use some "punching up' I think.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #4666
rewissick
n00b

...and then I read G.reat W.hite's post about having 'LDies', and I start to feel bad for laughing at him. I'm going straight to hell.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #4667
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewissick
...I start to feel bad for laughing at him. I'm going straight to hell.

See you there.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #4668
Bee
Pro Starter

dibs on the window seat.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #4669
QuikSand
lolzcat

Maybe we can all ride down together on one of these mobile computer servers... you know, with room for 50 users and their pets.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #4670
vtbub
College Starter

Can you imagine riding with 50 cats and playing football?

Don't step in the....

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #4671
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's really great. It's a fairly sensible business model at its core (I have no idea if any such thing might work) but his inability to separate to any degree the basic idea (like a movable gaming center that might reach some people who couldn't get to a stationary one) from the complete trivia (wanting it all to run on water, and to accommodate dozens of users' pets) is what switches it over from "a little curious" to "batshit crazy funny."
Old 07-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #4672
RedKingGold
College Starter

Jason = in 20 years.

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #4673
Passacaglia
Coordinator

No way. In 20 years, I see Jason as Supreme Dictator of the world, as all of us peons ride around like refugees, bringing all of our belongings and our pets on to these mobile gaming centers.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #4674
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Uh...wow

I have to admit, I got a big kick out of this line.

"The game works best on '98 version and there is bugs with the game, when it runs on '98. The software was way ahead of its time, way better then any version of Madden, thus the speed and what it is able to do will not be a problem. 600-custome created teams, in 5-football levels, cannot be done through any other football game."

Matrix should slap that on the top of their website as a ringing endorsement of MF
Old 07-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #4675
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Oh man, there are too many gems to list here:

Quote:
What would be the most successful way to get store front facility for smallest amount of money?

That can with stand a category 5-Hurricane,

40-pc computers (providing very restrictive internet access) and 50-customers, and 50 of their pets, with easy clean-up,
Powered through low cost and no polluting/environmentally friendly energy sources (solar, wind, water power and etc),

A mobile facility capable of withstanding a category 5 hurricane? If he finds something like this, he should be selling the vehicles and forget the gaming center.

40 pcs for 50 people and pets? So 10 people are just going to wait around and clean up after everyone else's pets.

Wind powered vehicles? Okay that would be interesting to see.

And then there are many little gems:
Quote:
I never said without profit (like I will not be paying employees until I at least pull down $30,000 per year).

Quote:
A decade plus as either a: county teacher, substitute and 3rd in command at South Dade 8's Sylvan, real football Pop Warner and High School coach and sports' radio host and countless years in retail and working for big businesses, college educated about PR and Marketing.

Quote:
F.lorida I.nternational U.niversity, the best school for learning to be a teacher in the state and one of the best in The USA. 10-straight rookie teachers of the year and many upon many teachers of the year. However, as a falicity that deals with the public it sucks, cheats people of money all the time-FootBall Program perfect example.

Gary already quoted the other one. This is simply amazing. I am actually hoping he comes up with some version of this business that actually succeeds, because he would make a great underdog for any kind of movie. I mean it would be a great comedy/drama that would blow Rocky Balboa out of the water. In fact, I would pay money to see his prototype wind/water/canola oil vehicle rolling down a street.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 PM   #4676
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
It's really great. It's a fairly sensible business model at its core (I have no idea if any such thing might work) but his inability to separate to any degree the basic idea (like a movable gaming center that might reach some people who couldn't get to a stationary one) from the complete trivia (wanting it all to run on water, and to accommodate dozens of users' pets) is what switches it over from "a little curious" to "batshit crazy funny."

This thread really, really needs to be spun off into it's own forum.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #4677
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
This thread really, really needs to be spun off into it's own forum.

I'm sorry, I think you meant "furom"
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #4678
spcd
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewissick
Ok, I really hate to bump this thread, but while having a bit of down time this morning I ran across this gem. I don't think it has been linked to yet, but if so I'm just a BLANK! and I apologize.

hxxp://unix.igames.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9645&page=1&pp=15
Oh Jesus thank you. I have tears streaming down my face from that thread. Just the thought of some bizarre contraption from Wacky Races cruising the streets, megaphones blaring their advertising slogans, whilst inside, domestic animals form themselves into packs of predator and prey, running down the ailses, muffling the shouts of "WTF's a rouge?" and mingling with the screams of frightened children. All the while, Jason is in his on-board sleeping quarters projecting hurricane trajectories and planning the next neighbourhood to terrorize. Who knew that the MF portion of Jason's idea was the sanest.
spcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #4679
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I stopped reading that thread about halfway through but what I didn't understand was that if the need for a mobile gaming center was to be able to go around and pickup kids (and apparently their pets) to play against each other in maximum football leagues then why not just build a normal gaming center and hire a bus service to go around and pick up the kids and bring them to the gaming center as opposed to building a canola oil and wind propelled category 5 withstanding vehicle that has holds 40 PCs and 50 gamers and their pets.

Now what would really be great is if someone made a flash movie of this vehicle (complete with teleportation and beer tent) and put it to the Benny Hill music - I think that might be the only thing left that could top the hilarity from this thread.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #4680
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I liked the guy whose response was, in effect, why would anyone ever let their kid go on your crazy gaming bus from hell?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #4681
Passacaglia
Coordinator

How does a vehicle that comfortably holds 40 PCs, 40 gamers, their families, and their pets, fit on roads? Forget about powering it -- I can't even visualize driving it!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #4682
rewissick
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
How does a vehicle that comfortably holds 40 PCs, 40 gamers, their families, and their pets, fit on roads? Forget about powering it -- I can't even visualize driving it!

I think the one and only true answer to that question has already been posted over there...one guy told him to use the Space Shuttle crawler...that thing that moves the entire assembly from the building to the launch pad. Granted, it goes about 2 miles an hour, so it would take about a week to pick up and drop off all the kids/pets/parents.

Oh, and Gary...I don't think he's using MF for this. If memory serves, he originally showed up at the matrix forum asking if MF would be a good fit for his business. Not sure what football game he's using...my guess is FPS '98 from some other things he's said. Or, maybe '99. That would be fitting for this train-wreck.

I think my favorite tid-bit from that exchange was how gung-ho he was to have an environmentally friendly vehicle...but it HAS to be air conditioned! CFCs be damned!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #4683
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Daivd Winter compared to Will Wright

Okay, now this thread is ridiculous. Someone is comparing Will Wright and his game Spore to what Maximum Football had went through.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1201700

Nevermind the fact that Spore was just recently annonced and not announced several times during the development process with promises of it being released in any given year.

Nevermind the fact that Will Wright has delivered on most of the things he promised would be in the game and didn't try to mislead people by usually fuzzy verbage. (American Pro does not mean NFL, career play doesn't mean you have financial stuff).

Nevermind the fact that Will Wright's significant other didn't blast potential customers because they were anxious about getting the game.

This is just BLANKING amazing.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #4684
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd
Oh Jesus thank you. I have tears streaming down my face from that thread. Just the thought of some bizarre contraption from Wacky Races cruising the streets, megaphones blaring their advertising slogans, whilst inside, domestic animals form themselves into packs of predator and prey, running down the ailses, muffling the shouts of "WTF's a rouge?" and mingling with the screams of frightened children. All the while, Jason is in his on-board sleeping quarters projecting hurricane trajectories and planning the next neighbourhood to terrorize. Who knew that the MF portion of Jason's idea was the sanest.

Oh man, I can't stop laughing at this thread while reading it.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #4685
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
A mobile facility capable of withstanding a category 5 hurricane? If he finds something like this, he should be selling the vehicles and forget the gaming center.
ZOMG

That is the first thing I thought of. If he can somehow build this behemouth thats powered by french-fry grease, can hold 4 dozen cats and dogs confortably, AND be able to roll through a Cat-5 hurricane, then he's already won the Nobel Prize - no sense ruining the experinece by forcing your passengers to play MF.

To me, this vehicle is going to be some kind of strange hybrid of the Canyonero and the space/time contraption from the movie Contact.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #4686
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's clear to me that this "visionary" is a close personal friend of George Peppard and Jan-Michael Vincent.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #4687
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

In case you didn't make it to the last page:

Quote:
What you stated as the reasons for the Furoms (they really are message boards, which have less quality interactions than furoms) could be true, if others knew and agreed that was what it was for. Of course, if it was more clearly made known to everyone, then it probably would be known better and if (as I have to make to almost every so called furom and message boards) there was enforcement of proper interactions (to bring about true furom atmosphere) then maybe agreement would more wide spread, nothing is perfect. At one-time, I thought this message board was one-the best constructed one I have ever used, except no blocking of other members and anything else mentioned in this post.

For your profit I think you softened the true actions members have had to my threads/posts

These ideas are not original, sadly neither is profit over promised quality; on-line or off-line. Heck, The Internet Companies' and Replubican Party's (The Internet Companies' role models for fake forum strategies) have master it now.

I done with your for profit message board, in disguise of true forum.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."

Last edited by ThunderingHERD : 07-21-2006 at 09:40 PM.
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #4688
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
...To me, this vehicle is going to be some kind of strange hybrid of the Canyonero and the space/time contraption from the movie Contact.

With a touch of Back to the Future for its fueling system.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #4689
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm picturing something more along the lines of the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle from Stripes.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 07-21-2006 at 09:54 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #4690
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Also, I think it would be great if there were a site that collected links to threads involving internet autistics like this guy. Somebody get on that.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #4691
21C
College Prospect

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #4692
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

If I could do it, I'd post a picture of the Oscar Meier Weiner Mobile here.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #4693
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Is this game out yet?
biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #4694
MJ4H
Coordinator

no
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #4695
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
If I could do it, I'd post a picture of the Oscar Meier Weiner Mobile here.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #4696
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

This one even is Canadian!

ps: sorry about the size...

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 07-22-2006 at 03:11 PM.
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #4697
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn, that thread was the best thing this thread has seen in ages...

Oh, and I think that Jason needs to get in touch with FrogMan. I bet his company could help develop the "Great White Mobile".

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #4698
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 7

I'm going to speed through a couple of weeks with the hope of actually finishing this season.

We play Philadelphia, looking to protect our 6-0 record. The game summary:

Code:
00 00 PHI LA 1st Downs 10 19 Rushing 65 124 Passing 177 334 Penalties 2/10 5/25 Net Yards 232 433 Total Plays 56 76 Rushing Attp/Yds 28/65 43/124 Avg Gain 2.3 2.9 Passing Comp/Att 19/28 22/33 Yards 177 334 Avg Gain 9.3 15.2 Int 0 1 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 5/231 7/308 Field Goals 0 of 4 1 of 2 Time Of Pos 49:30 10:30 Individual Passing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 19-28, 177 yds, 1 TDs, 0 INTs. LA -- DERRER 19-28, 288 yds, 1 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 3-5, 46 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INTs. Receiving: PHI -- SCHAEFERS 6-55 0 TDs, STMARTIN 12-119 1 TDs, PHILBIN 1-3 0 TDs, LA -- ZITTEL 11-189 1 TDs, SANDINE 9-128 0 TDs, NOTT 2-17 0 TDs, Rushing: PHI -- GORCZYNSKI 9-17 0 TDs, ARENOS 18-44 0 TDs, EKLOV 1-4 0 TDs, LA -- DERRER 10-21 1 TDs, NICKENBERRY 2-7 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 12-41 0 TDs, WYATT 1-3 0 TDs, HYDE 18-52 0 TDs, Kicking: PHI -- LA -- SOBOLEWSKI 1 of 1, Individual Tackles: PHI -- ZACCAGNINI 8, AUYONG 11, KIROVAC 8, KLEVENE 6, NORDSTROM 5, HERTZBERG 9, LOUP 5, CALLIHAM 3, DUPRAS 4, CRIADO 5, LA -- GOTTHELF 4, MAISEL 3, WINGETT 5, HURTA 4, MCOY 6, WAYFORD 4, VAETH 4, ELLCESSOR 5, SCHOEN 4, MCGREEN 4, LIGHTSEY 4, Sacks: PHI -- LA -- Int: PHI -- KLEVENE 1-0, LA --

I think that means we won 17-7. The Comets are 7-0. Denver also lost, so we open up a 2 game lead in the division race!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #4699
DeToxRox
Head Coach

lmao. A team has 10 first downs .. and holds the ball for 39 more minutes then the other team?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #4700
digamma
Torchbearer

Week 8

We go to Boston, still perfect.

The summary:

Code:
00 00 BOS LA 1st Downs 18 16 Rushing 115 68 Passing 294 348 Penalties 3/15 5/20 Net Yards 394 396 Total Plays 77 55 Rushing Attp/Yds 39/115 22/68 Avg Gain 2.9 3.1 Passing Comp/Att 24/38 18/33 Yards 294 348 Avg Gain 12.3 19.3 Int 0 0 Sacks 0 0 Kicking Punts 5/230 6/272 Field Goals 2 of 2 0 of 0 Time Of Pos 21:54 38:06 Individual Passing: BOS -- HONGISTO 24-38, 294 yds, 1 TDs, 0 INTs. LA -- DERRER 16-27, 322 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. NICKENBERRY 2-6, 26 yds, 1 TDs, 0 INTs. Receiving: BOS -- ROSARIO 11-144 0 TDs, NEUDECK 1-11 0 TDs, DIPERNA 9-117 1 TDs, SARTI 3-22 0 TDs, LA -- ZITTEL 8-153 3 TDs, SANDINE 9-167 0 TDs, NOTT 1-28 1 TDs, Rushing: BOS -- HONGISTO 11-38 0 TDs, NEUDECK 28-77 0 TDs, LA -- DERRER 2-10 0 TDs, NICKENBERRY 2-6 0 TDs, DUMESNIL 8-25 0 TDs, HYDE 10-27 0 TDs, Kicking: BOS -- MCQUIRE 1 of 1, MCQUIRE 1 of 1, LA -- Individual Tackles: BOS -- COYNER 5, VERDI 6, ANTISTA 4, REINOWSKI 4, STERMER 3, HUNTSBERRY 6, ORREN 8, SUTIC 3, KOZIAK 1, LA -- GOTTHELF 7, MAISEL 8, WINGETT 9, HURTA 7, MCOY 9, WAYFORD 4, VAETH 7, MEHTA 1, ELLCESSOR 3, SCHOEN 4, MCGREEN 1, LIGHTSEY 3, Sacks: BOS -- LA -- Int: BOS -- LA --

It's a 24-13 win for us. Four TDs and our man Andres missed all four extra points. In my first GM move of the season, I cut him after the game, and called him an idiot Eurotrash kicker. He cried. Soboleski had ratings of 97 for kicking strength and 94 for kicking accuracy. I found some random guy who actually had 96 for kicking strength and 98 for kicking accuracy. We'll see how he does next week.

At the midway point of the season, we're 8-0. Who would have predicted a perfect first half of the season? Denver also lost again, so that gives us a three game lead in the division. But, I think reaching the half-way mark undefeated would certainly be something that the play-off gods consider, no?