Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #4601
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm going to go out on a limb and say...she's guilty.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #4602
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You have more faith in a pool of random humans than I do.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #4603
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
me and my kids almost got nailed by a biker last night. We were crossing a fairly busy street in a crosswalk. The car stopped and we started across. All of a sudden, this biker - with no lights - races past us, narrowly missing myself and my daughter. really pissed me off, as we would have been seriously hurt if he/she had hit us.

Wow. I'd be seriously pissed off too if I were you. You would think the car being stopped would be a clue that there might be someone crossing the street.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #4604
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
You have more faith in a pool of random humans than I do.

It's Florida, she's toast.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #4605
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
It's Florida, she's toast.

They held the trial outside?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4606
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Got a box of Rice-a-Roni out the cupboard. Started it to cooking. Looked at it & thought how funny it was that the little dark spices looked similar to these little bugs i find dead on the counter sometimes. Looked at the box. There were no little dark spices. Looked in the box & saw a couple of those little dark spices moving.

Now I'm cooking Zatarains Yellow Rice mix.

One time I got these little slimy bugs all through my kitchen cabinet. For like a year afterward I couldn't eat deli turkey because the chipped edges always reminded me of those little bugs. I would stare at the turkey waiting for it to start moving.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4607
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
They held the trial outside?

I was thinking of the electric chair, but, I don't think they use that anymore there.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #4608
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I was thinking of the electric chair, but, I don't think they use that anymore there.

She was found not guilty of everything but lying to the police.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #4609
Rizon
Pro Starter

What. the. fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #4610
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

So, if anyone wants to take me to Vegas, don't take me for the gambling. A show or two would be the safest thing.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #4611
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

Not surprising to me, honestly. I think she did it, but they couldn't even prove how the kid died. That and a defense lawyer throwing stupid theories into the juries face every day. Any random group of people is less than intelligent.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-05-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #4612
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Unreal
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #4613
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It's times like this I'm glad OJ got off so people can't play that race card quite as easily.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #4614
JediKooter
Coordinator

Welp, looks like she'll be working those lawyers fees off at the local strip club.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #4615
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

With all the publicity she garnered before being charged, I'm sure she had lawyers throwing themselves at her for next to nothing(or nothing).

Old 07-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #4616
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is this the time that the person will actually take the multi million dollar offer from Hustler?

Anyways, I'm sure history will write that the prosecution could have had her locked up for 20+ years in a plea bargain, but instead had to go for the death penalty and wasted a lot of taxpayers money.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #4617
Ksyrup

I didn't follow this at all, but the little I heard it seems like she benefited from a fucked up family situation, where there was no definitive proof of her guilt despite it being pretty much a given that one of them did it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #4618
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm torn on the verdict to be honest. I think she's guilty as homemade sin, an absolutely abominable white trash excuse for a human being but I also had deep concerns about the weakness of the evidence, a way to put her hands directly on an instrument of death. I'm left with even less faith in the system & with a reminder about trusting important matters to 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #4619
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's also tragically comical that as inept as Jose looked throughout the trial, he just turned himself into a $1m per consultation attorney.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #4620
stevew
Hall Of Famer

She could be on the pole by this weekend.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #4621
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I didn't follow this at all, but the little I heard it seems like she benefited from a fucked up family situation, where there was no definitive proof of her guilt despite it being pretty much a given that one of them did it.

Well that's what her lawyer was attempting to pitch(and apparently worked). Though he had nothing to back his stories up. The judge even told him to stop some of it.

According to her lawyer her father molested her(judge told him to stop mentioning this), her brother was the child's father(DNA test disproved this) and the father disposed of the child's body after discovering it drowned in a pool(no evidence of this).

So all conjured out of thin air with nothing to back any of it, but it was enough to confuse a jury that was likely weary of sentencing a young woman to death.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #4622
JediKooter
Coordinator

As much as people are dismayed at our system, I still think that the inclusion of reasonable doubt is probably one of it's strongest principles. A system that assumes its citizens are innocent, is the best way in a free society.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #4623
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Just when I think you can't outdo yourself Florida, you go ahead and do it.

So what's the over/under on when she's in Playboy or has a sex tape come out?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #4624
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
As much as people are dismayed at our system, I still think that the inclusion of reasonable doubt is probably one of it's strongest principles. A system that assumes its citizens are innocent, is the best way in a free society.

This.

I believe she's guilty just like everyone else, but I don't think the prosecution proved she was.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #4625
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

She'll be hiring O.J. Simpson to find the real killer.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #4626
cougarfreak
College Starter

Florida just legalized murder, I suppose.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #4627
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'mI also had deep concerns about the weakness of the evidence, a way to put her hands directly on an instrument of death. I'm left with even less faith in the system

How is it a flaw in the system that the evidence demonstrating this just wasn't there? That they couldn't find it or prove a definitive link has less to do with the "system" than I think you are willing to admit. Sometimes really complicated/convoluted fact patterns and plain ol' science conspire to make things less obvious in terms of proof than you'd think they otherwise should be.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #4628
Rizon
Pro Starter

Over/under on $$$ from talk show circuit, book deals, movie deals, etc? She's about to get all the attention she's been desperately craving.
Quote:
Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #4629
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I am glad that the members of FOFC have stuck with the "thoughts that don't deserve their own thread" on this one. (Seriously)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #4630
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, this is one of those topics where I don't feel good about myself for having something to contribute .

Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #4631
GrantDawg

All jurors refused to talk to the media. They are waiting to talk to their agents, and get out of the State before they do.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #4632
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How is it a flaw in the system that the evidence demonstrating this just wasn't there? That they couldn't find it or prove a definitive link has less to do with the "system" than I think you are willing to admit. Sometimes really complicated/convoluted fact patterns and plain ol' science conspire to make things less obvious in terms of proof than you'd think they otherwise should be.

Unfortunately you got stuck with a incomplete thought from me there. I ran with a copy & paste from my FB post (I'm working my way toward the door to head to Turner Field, so I was trying to be quicker) character limits forced some of it to be cut.

I had concerns about the prosecutions case all along but that doesn't mean the system - ostensibly intended to confer justice - doesn't have flaws highlighted when a one-bit whore like this walks away after killing her kid.

My hope was that common sense, plus the lack of anything remotely credible coming from the defense (who doesn't have to prove anything but who added nothing toward creating reasonable doubt either) would overcome the less than stellar evidence & presentation thereof.

That it didn't do so damages my confidence in the system, a reminder of how unreliable it has become when common sense is in such short supply.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #4633
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

They didn't have evidence, but wasn't the whole "she lied about where the kid was and went out partying for a month" bit a little telling? I guess I didn't see any other plausible scenario and saw absolutely no reason why she would lie about things if she had nothing to do with it.

Regardless of evidence, it was clear she was involved and there is no chance I'd ever let her off scot-free.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #4634
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

In other news the media continues to be entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

Did Casey Anthony Contradict Her Own Defense by Mouthing Words - ABC News

Old 07-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #4635
Ksyrup

I would have been entirely satisfied with this verdict if they found her not guilty but then sentenced Nancy Grace to life without the possibility of a TV show.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #4636
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I would have been entirely satisfied with this verdict if they found her not guilty but then sentenced Nancy Grace to life without the possibility of a TV show.

+1000

Old 07-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #4637
GrantDawg

Quote:

+1,000,000,000
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #4638
bhlloy
Coordinator

98% of "journalism" these days just sickens me. There's an incredible (for all the wrong reasons) story in the UK right now where one of the gutter press managed to hack a missing 12 year old's cellphone and listen to all the voicemails, which is messed up enough, but then because of all her friends and family calling the voicemail box got full... so they DELETED everything so they could keep them coming. Not only did they completely destroy any evidence that might have been there, but they also gave the family false hope that if the voicemails were being deleted, she must have been alive at the time.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #4639
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
98% of "journalism" these days just sickens me. There's an incredible (for all the wrong reasons) story in the UK right now where one of the gutter press managed to hack a missing 12 year old's cellphone and listen to all the voicemails, which is messed up enough, but then because of all her friends and family calling the voicemail box got full... so they DELETED everything so they could keep them coming. Not only did they completely destroy any evidence that might have been there, but they also gave the family false hope that if the voicemails were being deleted, she must have been alive at the time.
Rupert Murdoch
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #4640
GrantDawg

There is a lynch mob outside the restaurant where the defense is having their celebration. Honestly, aren't they entitled? They did their job, and this was a big victory for them. I don't agree with them, and probably could never do their job. But this is what they do, and they have probably become very wealthy people after this. Now, they are evil because they are celebrating? Are they supposed to walk around in sack-cloth and ashes?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #4641
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Everyone hates defense attorneys until they need one.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #4642
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I thought the turning the Father into a child molester bit was rather pathetic.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #4643
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I still think it's second behind Caylee being the product of an incestuous relationship between Casey and her brother.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #4644
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

It's taken a long time, but I've finally accepted that I'm awesome.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #4645
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I still think it's second behind Caylee being the product of an incestuous relationship between Casey and her brother.

Yeah, that was the top.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #4646
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Sure, but if that's what Casey said, then they have an obligation to bring it up unless they know it not to be true.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #4647
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

See also:
Celebrities React on Twitter to the Casey Anthony Verdict

FFS
Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #4648
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
The hottest woman at my job is wearing the hottest outfit in the world right now. I'm about to tell her that, so it's pretty likely that I'll be out of a job in a few minutes. If they let me use my computer once more before I'm escorted from the building, I'll report back and tell you all how it went.
Two months later, she topped that outfit and wore something even hotter today. Sweet jolly goodness.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #4649
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #4650
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

Ohhh ... oh ...
Quote: