Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2022, 08:32 PM   #4601
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump pulling 59% at CPAC continues to show his hold on the GOP is definitely slipping. Desantis within 30 points of a former President at this stage is a good sign for his chances.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:33 AM   #4602
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump pulling 59% at CPAC continues to show his hold on the GOP is definitely slipping. Desantis within 30 points of a former President at this stage is a good sign for his chances.

I think you have to account for the fact that the bill of speakers, weighted heavily pro-Trump skews this at least a bit, so actual numbers by be closer to, or just below 50%, but the important thing is his grip is slowly slipping.

How his endorsees do in mid terms will be a huge indicator of where he truly stands.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:45 AM   #4603
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If DeSantis has the balls to challenge Trump in the primary, he'll be vanquished pretty quickly. My guess is nobody from the right is willing to run and face the prospect of having their political career ended at a Trump rally. Any challenge will come from the never-Trump side and that won't go very far. If it's someone like Liz Cheney I expect the party will rig things so she can't debate and won't appear on many ballots.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:58 AM   #4604
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If DeSantis has the balls to challenge Trump in the primary, he'll be vanquished pretty quickly. My guess is nobody from the right is willing to run and face the prospect of having their political career ended at a Trump rally. Any challenge will come from the never-Trump side and that won't go very far. If it's someone like Liz Cheney I expect the party will rig things so she can't debate and won't appear on many ballots.

Yeah, Trump's not going to allow someone to upstage him. I think DeSantis is positioning himself for 2028 or VP or in the event that Trump dies. I don't think he's stupid enough to challenge Trump head on.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:07 AM   #4605
molson
General Manager

It's amazing how much power Trump has. Everyone in his party just waiting for him to either die or announce his political intentions going forward. For him to essentially grant or deny them permission regarding their own lives and careers.

How in this world did this happen.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #4606
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's amazing how much power Trump has. Everyone in his party just waiting for him to either die or announce his political intentions going forward. For him to essentially grant or deny them permission regarding their own lives and careers.

How in this world did this happen.

Blame the base, they won't let you defy mighty leader.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:14 PM   #4607
PilotMan
Head Coach

They are afraid.

It IS the party platform after all.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #4608
bronconick
College Starter

So if the US has cut off access to Russia's banks, does that mean Trump's ATM card doesn't work now?
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:13 PM   #4609
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Liz Cheney would be lucky to pull 10% in a Republican primary. I can't think of a never-Trumper that would do much better.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:12 PM   #4610
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If you wanna read some cringe, a local 1/6 insurgent killed himself recently and the funeral log book is interesting for sure.

Obituary Guestbook | Matthew Lawrence Perna | John Flynn Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:36 PM   #4611
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you wanna read some cringe, a local 1/6 insurgent killed himself recently and the funeral log book is interesting for sure.

Obituary Guestbook | Matthew Lawrence Perna | John Flynn Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc.

actually the "rule" is if you commit suicide, you go straight to hell, so there's that.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 AM   #4612
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

So the angle now seems to be that the insurrection was setup by the liberals to draw the true Patriots together into one place where they could be persecuted.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:15 AM   #4613
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the angle now seems to be that the insurrection was setup by the liberals to draw the true Patriots together into one place where they could be persecuted.

False flag and all that typical shit
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:53 AM   #4614
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If strangers ever use my child's obituary page to make political statements . . .
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:26 PM   #4615
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It seems like the family wrote the obituary. They raised a terrorist and you can clearly see where he got his values from. You reap what you sow.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:37 PM   #4616
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Might as well throw this here:

Docs: Carmel murder suspect says he's Donald Trump, thinks his parents are Clintons - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic
Old 03-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #4617
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

And Trump was planted to bring them all there? I mean, I'll stipulate that they were set up by "teh lib-rals" if they stipulate they were only there because of Trump.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:59 AM   #4618
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

As a liberal, I kinda wish I had thought of that. Do you think they'd let us do a do-over, maybe get more MAGA folks there and this time arm the capitol police?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:18 AM   #4619
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
As a liberal, I kinda wish I had thought of that. Do you think they'd let us do a do-over, maybe get more MAGA folks there and this time arm the capitol police?

Yes, the party that can't even get their own congressmen to vote for their own policies are creating a vast false flag conspiracy while they're not even in power in government.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-02-2022 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #4620
Thomkal
Head Coach

Louie Gohmert, one of the lowest of the low in the Republican party, gave up his safe House seat to run for Texas AG. He finished 4th in a 4 man field, which I hope brings a fitting end to his political career:

https://rollcall.com/2022/03/02/gohm...orney-general/
Old 03-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #4621
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Louie Gohmert, one of the lowest of the low in the Republican party, gave up his safe House seat to run for Texas AG. He finished 4th in a 4 man field, which I hope brings a fitting end to his political career:

https://rollcall.com/2022/03/02/gohm...orney-general/

He was also one of the dumbest people in the House and that's saying a lot

SI

Old 03-02-2022, 05:52 PM   #4622
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well, one of the defendants charged with "Seditious Conspiracy" plead guilty.

Quote:
Joshua James, 34, of Arab, Ala., pleaded guilty in federal court in Washington on Wednesday to helping lead a group that prosecutors say sent two tactically equipped teams into the Capitol and organized a cache of weapons in a hotel just outside the city. He also pleaded to one count of obstructing an official proceeding, and he may face the stiffest sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant so far, according to preliminary sentencing guidelines.

As part of his plea, James agreed to cooperate with federal investigators, including testifying in front of a grand jury.

Like Steam?

Old 03-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #4623
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

There's a lot here. I can see how this might be a problem for a GOPer in TX.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:12 PM   #4624
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Yup. 1/6 is now officially sedition.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:53 PM   #4625
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Roger Stone's gotta be nervous right now,

And I can't wait to see how Republicans are going to respond to him pleading guilty
Old 03-02-2022, 08:17 PM   #4626
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Jan 6 select committee says its evidence has shown that then-president trump and his campaign tried to illegally obstruct Congress' counting of electoral votes and "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States."

Like Steam?

Old 03-02-2022, 08:47 PM   #4627
Thomkal
Head Coach

Lock him up! It looks like they have John Eastman in their sights too.
Old 03-04-2022, 09:21 PM   #4628
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This documentary should be something else.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:27 AM   #4629
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
The Jan 6 select committee says its evidence has shown that then-president trump and his campaign tried to illegally obstruct Congress' counting of electoral votes and "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States."

well yes they did that every day while claiming the other side was doing wrong. That's all republicans do.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 12:27 PM   #4630
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Emptiness Inside Donald Trump’s New Social Media Platform - POLITICO
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 11:05 PM   #4631
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This guy was President.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:34 PM   #4632
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This guy was President.
Trump mused to donors that we should take our F-22 planes, "put the Chinese flag on them and bomb the shit out" out of Russia. "And then we say, China did it, we didn't do, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch."
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) March 6, 2022

And thank god he isn't currently

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-05-2022 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:03 AM   #4633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can only assume Bobby Valentine gave him that idea
Old 03-06-2022, 09:08 AM   #4634
Ksyrup

If Ukranians put their hands over their eyes, the Russians won't be able to find them!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-06-2022, 09:23 AM   #4635
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This guy was President.

He also had nuclear codes
Old 03-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #4636
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

And didn't use them or start conventional wars, despite constant fearmongering that he would.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:18 AM   #4637
kingfc22
Head Coach

No. He just completely polarized the country into two and caused an armed insurrection of our Capitol. Ho hum what a guy.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #4638
PilotMan
Head Coach

He didn't need to, he was willing to open doors for them and kiss their feet, not fight them. Who wants to fight the people offering up hand jobs and golden showers?

Like Steam?

Old 03-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #4639
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
And didn't use them or start conventional wars, despite constant fearmongering that he would.

Of course not because we do still have checks and balances and even in his admin there was rationality. But that's not the point, you need to be a balanced, rational leader that thinks of consequences that come from emotions and/or flippant comments like this.

Unlike others I don't just attack the messenger for the sake of hating Trump, I am attacking the message, which given the severity of the situation, is pretty fucking stupid. It shows he continues to either not grasp, or not care about the reality beyond Trump world and the adulation he receives there.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #4640
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I don't think anyone actually thought Trump would start a war.

If I can walk into my neighbors house and he lets me fuck his wife why would I beat him up and then fuck her?
Old 03-06-2022, 02:29 PM   #4641
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

That hurricane never would have known what hit it though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:06 AM   #4642
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

No matter how hard Bill Barr works to clean up his reputation, this is the most important fact. He says he'll vote for Trump in 2024.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:26 AM   #4643
Ksyrup

Maybe I'm wrong/glossing over our history (certainly not within the past 100 years or so), but I just don't think our political process was ever tested in the way it is now with someone like Trump as president. Meaning, there's never been someone who has shown himself to be this unfit continuing to run for office to where partisans have ever had to make this hard choice. Closest would be Nixon if he had decided to run again, I guess.

It's always been assumed you vote for your party, because that's your identity. If you're a Republican voting for a Democrat, or vice versa, are you still aligned with that party? Until now, there's always been someone who objectively you could vote for, even if you didn't agree or personally like them. They weren't a danger to the country.

Now, for the general public, it's much easier to switch but with social media and so many actively engaged people, there's a not insignificant portion of the population who are functionally out-there partisans for whom the party affiliation matters over all. And then you add in the Trumpers who would follow him regardless of party affiliation, and it's turning into a potentially lethal cocktail.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-07-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:27 AM   #4644
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If you were McConnell/McCarthy/Pence/Barr/etc. and you wanted to get rid of Trump (I'm not sure if they do or not), isn't the play to act all nice to him now and then take out the knives after the mid-terms?
Old 03-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #4645
Ksyrup

There definitely has to be some long-term play from all of the behind-the-scenes people who supposedly want him gone ASAP. The wild card, I guess, is finding a suitable replacement without losing the engagement of his cult. It seems that's Desantis right now, what with all of his faux-performance art demonstrations in front of the media.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #4646
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
He just completely polarized the country into two and caused an armed insurrection of our Capitol. Ho hum what a guy.

Ofc, nobody said he was a good guy, or that any of that was justifiable (though I'd say the country did a pretty darn good job of polarizing itself outside of anything Trump did), and of course what I think of Trump is on record many times over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I don't think anyone actually thought Trump would start a war.

A lot of regular posters on this forum either did, or lied about it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU14
I am attacking the message, which given the severity of the situation, is pretty fucking stupid.

Unquestionably so. I just don't see the point of noting that he had nuclear codes since, you know, he didn't actually use them. That's literally the definition of attacking the messenger not the message.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 03-07-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:42 AM   #4647
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep
That hurricane never would have known what hit it though.

Well played.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:09 PM   #4648
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Maybe I'm wrong/glossing over our history (certainly not within the past 100 years or so), but I just don't think our political process was ever tested in the way it is now with someone like Trump as president. Meaning, there's never been someone who has shown himself to be this unfit continuing to run for office to where partisans have ever had to make this hard choice. Closest would be Nixon if he had decided to run again, I guess.

Nixon did commit treason before taking office. And Reagan committed treason while in office.

I still think Nixon was a huge turning point in this country. Ford pardoning him was a decision that we are still reeling from today.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:46 PM   #4649
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Unquestionably so. I just don't see the point of noting that he had nuclear codes since, you know, he didn't actually use them. That's literally the definition of attacking the messenger not the message.

The point being, someone that thinks like him, shouldn't have nuclear codes, whether he used them or not, and that applies to a couple of other world leaders too. No need to exercise mental gymnastics over it, dude does not have the emotional stability or the critical thinking skills needed to run a country, where he cannot just steamroll over anything he doesn't like, the way he did in the business world. And I have voted more republican than democrat in my life, but will never vote republican again until they move past him.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:55 PM   #4650
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

More voter fraud.

Former NC congressman registered to vote in home where he purportedly never stayed :: WRAL.com