Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2022, 03:24 PM   #4551
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
It seems to make people feel better to call "right wing" anything their preferred media is against. Pipelines are important because they distribute crude (in this case the heavier varieties) quickly and efficiently. Keystone wouldn't lower prices tomorrow or even a year from now (it would take a year or so to finish, unless newer construction regulations hold it up further). But it is an important part of the overall energy independence picture.

There's no quick way to get there. Unfortunately, for those who think wind and solar are the only way to get there, the technologies to make that even possible have yet to be invented. That's why Germany is in a lot worse shape than we are.

Surely by now people are beginning to understand that if we don't do this, all we're doing is sending out the laundry and having Russia and China burn the fuels for us. Which is why we can't save Ukraine. We can only hope stories of the Russian army's incompetence and obsolescence are true and that they won't just become more and more brutal in this invasion to compensate.

In this case I'm against inaccuracies and there's a reason study after study shows that people that only use right wing sources are the most uninformed or ill-informed people.

The Supreme Court is what killed off the Keystone pipeline extension, not Biden, which right wing media likes to claim. Biden put the final nail in it by not renewing the permit, but it was effectively dead before Biden was elected. The environmental hurdles that needed to be cleared for it to happen weren't realistic and Shell, Exxon, ect saw the writing on the wall while Trump was in office and started selling off the land that they had intended to use.

We weren't energy independent under Trump, which is something else I've seen people on the right claim recently. There's a sizeable portion on the right that also believe the Keystone pipeline was shut down, it wasn't. It still pumps as much oil now as it when it was built 10 years ago.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #4552
miked
College Starter

My in-laws watched our son for the weekend while we were at a travel meet. We came back and he told us that Joe Biden is raising gas prices and we are importing 90% of our oil/gas from Russia.

The other issue with Keystone is that the people creating it and running it do not give two shits about what other damage occurs while pumping, and there seems to be news of pipe spills and leakage in to water sources and the environment every few months. Why not let them build it, but put $10 billion in a reserve account and every time they fuck shit up (which is quite often), "we the people" actually get something to help offset it.
Old 03-07-2022, 03:53 PM   #4553
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
In this case I'm against inaccuracies and there's a reason study after study shows that people that only use right wing sources are the most uninformed or ill-informed people.

Looking for that evidence, I haven't been convinced. The survey I read in full made its conclusions based on eight questions, which were specific enough that they seemed like they'd be more influenced by the outlets' coverage decisions than anything else.

Plus, if you're aware that the universities conducting these studies tend to run left-wing, you might, if you're more informed but don't lean to the left, be more likely to avoid participating in a poll conducted by telephone.

Bottom line being, these studies may make the left wing feel good about themselves (even though they seem to show that a large majority of those who agree to participate in these quizzes are not well-informed, period), I don't see it as conclusive.

But it does seem to increase the hate out there, which is why it's so hyped.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #4554
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The personification of well educated and informed...

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:21 PM   #4555
BYU 14
Coordinator

Jesus Christ, so the vaccine will turn us all into sex dolls now, and I thought I had been making gains in my bench press, turns out I am just growing robot boobs.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:26 PM   #4556
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Where can I get one these "full man-made working female robots"?
Old 03-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #4557
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Where can I get one these "full man-made working female robots"?

just get the vaccine and become one
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #4558
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

If you're bored, look through the "urine therapy" groups on Facebook.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:54 PM   #4559
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

lol those Fightin' Farmers - the pride of Lewisville, Texas for sure.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:46 PM   #4560
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Btw, it is not the Keystone pipeline. It is the Keystone XL pipeline. The Keystone pipeline is still pumping like always.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:50 PM   #4561
Edward64
Head Coach

Have you guys noticed beef prices going down? Specifically Ribeye?

A month ago, Ribeyes were going for like $14-$15/lb. Wife just bought some from Walmart for $12/lb.

Just seem weird that it went lower in these times of inflation (and war uncertainty).
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:04 PM   #4562
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trying really hard and failing right now at not judging you for buying red meat at Walmart.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:53 AM   #4563
GrantDawg

Walmart meat is actually good quality.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2022, 05:59 AM   #4564
Flasch186
Coordinator

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:10 AM   #4565
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe in the south...
Old 03-08-2022, 07:22 AM   #4566
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I've noticed pork prices have been down the last few weeks here in Texas (more in the $3-5/lb range for lean boneless chops of various shapes). Also, shrimp ($6-7/lb) for good shrimp.

That said, I don't tend to just go into the store and say I need X this week - I don't want to be paying $12/lb for meat. I check what's on sale and buy one or a couple - maybe use one this week and the others go in the freezer. We make a weekly "menu" a couple of days before grocery day - looking at what we have in the house that should be used up and maybe filling in the last day or two when the ad comes out so we snag what's on sale. I use the "run-and-shoot" of grocery shopping - see what the defense is giving me and do the best with what's there. For instance, Kroger will have ribeyes on sale for $7-8/lb once every 6 weeks or so. Even less for T-Bones/Porterhouse (sometimes as low at $5/lb). Same with HEB. That's when I buy a couple and stock up.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-08-2022 at 07:23 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:40 AM   #4567
larrymcg421
Head Coach

"I don't like Trump or the right wing, but here's 10,000 defenses of Trump and the right wing."

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:59 AM   #4568
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Maybe in the south...
That is completely possible. It could be a difference in suppliers, or it might be that more people buy groceries at Walmart here so the turnover is better and the meat stays fresher. Walmart used to have the best meat at a lower price. Now it is usually within a few pennies of everyone else. Like Edward was talking about Walmart had $12 a pound ribeyes this weekend, but so did my local Kroger and Publix. If I am going to choose between the three, it would be Publix (which is where I ended getting my ribeyes mostly because they where the only ones that had also had a brisket point which I was looking for). But quality wise I would put Kroger-Walmart-Ingles on the same level around here.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:00 AM   #4569
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm to the point where I rarely buy any meat that isn't expiring and on a steep discount. I've never had a problem and I end up with more cuts/variety than I would otherwise.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:01 AM   #4570
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've noticed pork prices have been down the last few weeks here in Texas (more in the $3-5/lb range for lean boneless chops of various shapes). Also, shrimp ($6-7/lb) for good shrimp.

That said, I don't tend to just go into the store and say I need X this week - I don't want to be paying $12/lb for meat. I check what's on sale and buy one or a couple - maybe use one this week and the others go in the freezer. We make a weekly "menu" a couple of days before grocery day - looking at what we have in the house that should be used up and maybe filling in the last day or two when the ad comes out so we snag what's on sale. I use the "run-and-shoot" of grocery shopping - see what the defense is giving me and do the best with what's there. For instance, Kroger will have ribeyes on sale for $7-8/lb once every 6 weeks or so. Even less for T-Bones/Porterhouse (sometimes as low at $5/lb). Same with HEB. That's when I buy a couple and stock up.

SI
Pork has definitely come back down. I'm back to getting pork shoulders at .99-1.19 a pound.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #4571
Edward64
Head Coach

Looks like the US will stop importing oil from Russia.

Markets were in the black this morning but has gone into the red -.5 to -1%. Will probably get worse. Ultimately the right call.

It'll hurt a lot for some folks. Minimal damage to our family so we don't have to drive too much. Sucks but worth it if it helps fend off Russia. Nothing compared to what the Ukrainians (and regular Russians) are/will going through.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #4572
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
"I don't like Trump or the right wing, but here's 10,000 defenses of Trump and the right wing."

The B-side to that is "I'm a libertarian"
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:17 PM   #4573
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

5% of the ballots cast in the TX primary in Harris County were rejected absentee ballots. Not 5% of absentee balots, 5% of total ballots.

GOP getting just what they wanted.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:47 PM   #4574
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The B-side to that is "I'm a libertarian"

I guess it's easier to discuss issues when you choose laundry and don't bother with nuance. That's the Twitter Way.

Sometimes, though, issues aren't A, B or C or even D. They're quite complex and "agreeing" or "disagreeing" with some talking head or some politician isn't all that useful.

At some point, everything became "you're either for me or against me" - and Trump was really good at that himself. If you see the world as that simple, there isn't much you can add to a discussion.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #4575
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

What a fall for this country. Spent decades washing their balls, selling them weapons so they can commit genocide, ignoring human rights abuses. They won't even take your call.

Old 03-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #4576
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I was wondering. That event almost 21 years ago. Where did the perpetrators come from? I can't quite remember which country pretty much sponsored that attack.

Not a fall. An awakening. We have many friends in this world. Hopefully we won't forget where, because we're going to need them.

Spoiler Alert: Iran is not one of them.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:45 PM   #4577
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was wondering. That event almost 21 years ago. Where did the perpetrators come from? I can't quite remember which country pretty much sponsored that attack.

Was it Afghani-- Ira-- Ira-- (yay, I can even reuse that one) Syri-- darn, man, I just can't remember. But I think we love them for their oil and they love us for our dollars.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-08-2022 at 08:46 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:19 PM   #4578
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not a fall. An awakening. We have many friends in this world. Hopefully we won't forget where, because we're going to need them.

Spoiler Alert: Iran is not one of them.

Completely agree, but we will be shipping them more weapons and planes the minute they ask.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #4579
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Another country who wouldn't pick up the phone. Running errands for them 2 weeks ago. Time to stop being their bitch.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-08-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:05 AM   #4580
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Crows come home to roost, etc....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:58 AM   #4581
Edward64
Head Coach

Weird if Putin is in power and Biden not in 2.5 years. Odds are against it but still significant enough to be ironic.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:05 AM   #4582
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Was it Afghani-- Ira-- Ira-- (yay, I can even reuse that one) Syri-- darn, man, I just can't remember. But I think we love them for their oil and they love us for our dollars.

SI

I'm all in on the building of charging stations on the interstate. Also all in giving car manufacturers and buyers financial incentive to move to EVs.

Elon and like, we need a longer range EV that is in the $25K range. Ideally not from China and dependency not jump from Middle East to Russia.

Analysis: Ukraine invasion sets back Musk's dream for cheaper EVs, for now | Reuters
Quote:
The conflict in Ukraine has only raised the stakes, pushing nickel and aluminium prices to record highs on Monday on growing fears exports from leading producer Russia could be disrupted. Lithium prices also have increased, more than doubling since year end, as supply fell short of rising demand. read more

Russia’s largest miner Nornickel produces around 20% of the world’s supplies of high purity class 1 nickel, which is used in EV batteries, according to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence. Russia is also a large provider of aluminum, used in batteries.

To be sure, oil prices, which jumped to the highest levels since 2008 on Monday, could serve as a counterbalance, spurring greater interest in EVs after years of growing demand for gas-guzzling sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks. read more

Rising EV prices - marked by hikes over the past year by Tesla and startup Rivian Automotive (RIVN.O) - matter because mainstream consumers are not going to pay a massive premium for a technology that many do not yet fully embrace.

The average EV sold for almost $63,000 in January in the United States, about 35% higher than the overall industry average for all vehicles of just over $46,000, according to research firm Cox Automotive.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:23 AM   #4583
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Voter supression just like the GOP wanted.

Old 03-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #4584
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well this is good news

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/energ...ase/index.html
Old 03-09-2022, 04:55 PM   #4585
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

If the Saudis chime in next, it means someone finally used their leverage.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:10 PM   #4586
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
5% of the ballots cast in the TX primary in Harris County were rejected absentee ballots. Not 5% of absentee balots, 5% of total ballots.

GOP getting just what they wanted.

Further numbers on this:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:08 PM   #4587
Edward64
Head Coach

No idea who this guy is. Sounds like a Trump-lite.

Quote:
South Korea has chosen a conservative opposition candidate, Yoon Suk-yeol, as the country's next president following a tightly-contested race.

Mr Yoon, a political novice, edged out a victory over the Democratic Party's Lee Jae-myung based on promises to tackle class inequality.

He called his win a "victory of the great South Korean people".

But the result was one of the closest in history - with the final count separated by less than 1%.
This caught my eye. I wonder what his position is on US troops on SK soil (assume he is good with it). Still contend US troops shouldn't be in the DMZ but further south. SK has enough $ to own the DMZ.
Quote:
In the foreign policy space, Yoon has promised a tougher "reset" on relations with China and North Korea and indications of closer ties with the US.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:34 PM   #4588
Edward64
Head Coach

One less thing for Biden to worry about.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/10/sena...raine-aid.html
Quote:
The Senate passed a $1.5 trillion funding bill Thursday night to keep the government running through September and bolster both humanitarian and military efforts in Ukraine.

The legislation will head to President Joe Biden for his signature. The House passed it on Wednesday.

The Senate approved the funding bill in a 68-31 vote.

Congress had to approve a spending bill by Friday to prevent a government shutdown. Lapses in funding can lead to furloughs of federal workers, hinder the economy and force the government to scale back services.
We give Ukraine $13.6B and scrap $15.6B for Covid stuff. Not sure how I feel about that. Ukraine needs the assistance immediately but I remember reading the Covid stuff was partially to prepare for the next outbreak.

I guess go with the sure thing (Ukraine needs help) and bet another really bad covid mutation doesn't happen anytime soon.

Quote:
The bill passed Thursday includes $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine as the country enters its third week of fighting off a Russian invasion. The money will go toward helping the Ukrainians displaced by the Russian assault, including the more than 2 million people who have fled the country.
:
The House had to scrap $15.6 billion in supplemental coronavirus relief funds from the plan after a dispute over how to meet Republican demands to offset the spending. While the House aims to pass the pandemic aid bill next week, it may not have enough GOP support to get through the Senate.
:
Old 03-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #4589
Edward64
Head Coach

re: the new SK President, appreciated him wanting closer ties with US, repairing ties with Japan, and "sternly cope with NK". Only ask is don't do the last thing too quickly, let's settle the Russian-Ukrainian first. Don't think Biden can handle another crisis right now.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-bus...a69bcf2094dc2b
Quote:
South Korean President-elect Yoon Suk Yeol said Thursday he will solidify an alliance with the United States, build a powerful military and sternly cope with North Korean provocations, hours after he won a hard-fought election to become the country’s next leader.

Yoon, a conservative whose single five-year term begins in May, said during the campaign that he would make a stronger alliance with the United States the center of his foreign policy. He accused outgoing liberal President Moon Jae-in of tilting toward North Korea and China and away from the U.S. He also stressed a need to recognize the strategic importance of repairing ties with Japan despite a bitter dispute over wartime history.
Old 03-10-2022, 11:29 PM   #4590
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
One less thing for Biden to worry about.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/10/sena...raine-aid.html

We give Ukraine $13.6B and scrap $15.6B for Covid stuff. Not sure how I feel about that. Ukraine needs the assistance immediately but I remember reading the Covid stuff was partially to prepare for the next outbreak.

I guess go with the sure thing (Ukraine needs help) and bet another really bad covid mutation doesn't happen anytime soon.
:

Defense contractors will always come first.

Old 03-13-2022, 06:15 AM   #4591
Edward64
Head Coach

Somewhat interesting to me. The Ukrainian war spilling into Asia didn't occur to me (well, other than a general nuclear war). It seems weird Duterte would all of sudden remind everyone of the defense pact when he's been antagonistic towards US and more pro-China.

Ukraine war spilling over not what he should be worried about. It's the more aggressive nature of China in SEA and slow overtaking of the Spratley Islands.

Duterte's term is ending and don't know much about who will win. But hope Biden takes this opportunity to build up the Quad. Philippines government may be iffy, but the people are pro-US.

Duterte pledges to open Philippines to U.S. forces if Russia’s Ukraine invasion escalates
Quote:
The Philippine government is reportedly willing to open the country to American troops should the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine escalate into a fight with U.S. involvement.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte cited the country’s 1951 Mutual Defense Treaty with the U.S. in a recent meeting in Manila, according to Ambassador Jose Manuel del Gallego Romualdez, Manila’s envoy to Washington, on Thursday.

Under the treaty, the U.S. and the Philippines must come to the aid of the other should an attack ensue.

While Duterte spent the early years of his presidency openly criticizing U.S. policies, American officials have reportedly given their assurance that they would honor their treaty should Filipino forces ever come under attack.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:26 AM   #4592
Edward64
Head Coach

Speaking of the Quad, it's pretty obvious work has to be done with India. I think India is part of the Quad because of her position to counter China. But India really isn't bought into aligning with the US like Japan, Australia.

Her default stance is neutrality. India believes US can't be trusted because of the history with Pakistan etc.

Not sure how, but if I was Biden I would sell more military equipment, encourage redirect of corporate investments that once went to China to India, give whatever favorable trade status etc. I've said that China plays the long game, I'd say the same about India. However China is more subtle, more strategic about it, and more successful.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:20 PM   #4593
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-no-fly-zone/

These are the kind of articles that make me want to scream. Possibly a paywall for some, but basically it's a look at how the public expresses itself in ways that lead to amazement that they manage to tie their shoes in the morning.

** 77% support banning Russian oil imports, while 70% disapprove of Biden's response to both inflation in general and rising gas prices in particular.

** 28% of those who favor a no-fly zone in Ukraine also don't want us to shoot down Russian planes. Umm, pick one. You don't get the first without the second.

It's one thing to not expect perfect grace and consistency, we're all biased human beings. But it would be nice if, as a society/body politic, we could get to the point where we weren't regularly engaging in this level of cognitive dissonance by simultaneously endorsing mutually exclusive positions.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 11:04 PM   #4594
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

These are the kind of articles that make me want to scream. Possibly a paywall for some, but basically it's a look at how the public expresses itself in ways that lead to amazement that they manage to tie their shoes in the morning.

** 77% support banning Russian oil imports, while 70% disapprove of Biden's response to both inflation in general and rising gas prices in particular.

** 28% of those who favor a no-fly zone in Ukraine also don't want us to shoot down Russian planes. Umm, pick one. You don't get the first without the second.

It's one thing to not expect perfect grace and consistency, we're all biased human beings. But it would be nice if, as a society/body politic, we could get to the point where we weren't regularly engaging in this level of cognitive dissonance by simultaneously endorsing mutually exclusive positions.

The first one is somewhat legit. Biden was having inflation issues and rising gas prices before the war started.

Yeah, the second one is pretty weird.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:08 PM   #4595
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

This is another example of why one side of the political aisle can say that Group X believes this and the other side can say that Group X believes the complete opposite. Neither side is actually telling a lie.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:28 PM   #4596
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Senate passes bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent

I wasn't sure where to post this but I hope this passes the House too. I'm surprised anything in the Senate these days has such broad support. I prefer having an extra hour of daylight in the evening over an extra hour of daylight in the morning.

Last edited by Racer : 03-15-2022 at 07:29 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #4597
tarcone
Coordinator

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINALLY DOES SOMETHING.

I am in full support of getting rid of that stupid BS

Daylight savings time, its the damn 21st century, lets catch up.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:01 PM   #4598
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINALLY DOES SOMETHING.

I am in full support of getting rid of that stupid BS

Daylight savings time, its the damn 21st century, lets catch up.

I'm not sure what I think about 8:30 AM sunrises on Christmas morning.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #4599
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I'm not sure what I think about 8:30 AM sunrises on Christmas morning.

More time for Santa to deliver presents

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 02:45 AM   #4600
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Senate passes bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent

I wasn't sure where to post this but I hope this passes the House too. I'm surprised anything in the Senate these days has such broad support. I prefer having an extra hour of daylight in the evening over an extra hour of daylight in the morning.

Agree, wish they would do this here too
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote