Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #4501
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If the emails were discovered during the Weiner investigation, it seems very unlikely that there's anything dramatic there. I can't imagine Hillary sent Weiner an email asking him to tell Huma something secret.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #4502
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Is this real life?

Or is it just fantasy?
Old 10-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #4503
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If the emails were discovered during the Weiner investigation, it seems very unlikely that there's anything dramatic there. I can't imagine Hillary sent Weiner an email asking him to tell Huma something secret.

"Hey Weiner, stop giving my husband sexing tips!"
Old 10-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #4504
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What happens when the R senate refuses to confirm cabinet appointments? Do the old guys just stay in office until they die? Who is the designated survivor during the SOTU?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #4505
tarcone
Coordinator

I was thinking zthe email from Clinton to Weiner went like this:
HRC: "We sent you that 15 year old and have you by the M-Fing balls! You are now my pawn. You will do as I say"

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #4506
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
This is how Trump caught up before the debates, by staying somewhat on message and avoiding saying anything incredibly stupid for several days.

Or anything terribly embarrassing coming up... well until about an hour ago anyways:

Video Shows Donald Trump Sexually Humiliating Woman Before Large Audience | Huffington Post

If he's smart, he won't say anything about it. But, knowing Donald...
Old 10-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #4507
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
PredictIt back up to 79 cents, almost back to the original 82 cents when the day started.

Saw the news this morning and rushed out to throw $400 down on Clinton at -300. I still want to punch myself in the face for not getting in at -180 before the first debate. She was at -630 yesterday. It's already back up to -360.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #4508
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Hillary's campaign seems pretty confident that there's nothing to this, so much so that they've agreed with the Trump campaign that the FBI director should explain the evidence they have.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #4509
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
"Hey Weiner, stop giving my husband sexing tips!"

There could definitely be something embarrassing.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #4510
molson
General Manager

They took Huma Abedin's devices too, so communications between her and Clinton would be play also.

Last edited by molson : 10-28-2016 at 04:51 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #4511
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I was thinking zthe email from Clinton to Weiner went like this:
HRC: "We sent you that 15 year old and have you by the M-Fing balls! You are now my pawn. You will do as I say"

Come on. Everybody knows that Hillary kills everyone that gets in her way.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:49 PM   #4512
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Come on. Everybody knows that Hillary kills everyone that gets in her way.

The fact that Weiner hasn't had a weightlifting accident in the gym or a ski accident or a parasailing catastrophe or a small jet engine malfunction probably indicates that Killary has toned down her murdering ways.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:56 PM   #4513
Kodos
Resident Alien

"Killary." Niiiiiiiice.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #4514
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Or anything terribly embarrassing coming up... well until about an hour ago anyways:

Video Shows Donald Trump Sexually Humiliating Woman Before Large Audience | Huffington Post

If he's smart, he won't say anything about it. But, knowing Donald...

HRC team need to play this up to distract from the Weiner email stuff.

The new email revelations won't play out until after the election and can only hurt her.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #4515
tarcone
Coordinator

Tim Kaine as President? What do you say?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #4516
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"Anthony Weiner is proof that the Clintons don't have people murdered."
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #4517
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Tim Kaine as President? What do you say?

Best case scenario?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #4518
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A letter that Comey sent to FBI personnel was released. He can't be that naive, can he?

Quote:
To all:
This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation. Yesterday, the investigative team briefed me on their recommendation with respect to seeking access to emails that have recently been found in an unrelated case. Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them.
Of course, we don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record. At the same time, however, given that we don't know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails, I don't want to create a misleading impression. In trying to strike that balance, in a brief letter and in the middle of an election season, there is significant risk of being misunderstood, but I wanted you to hear directly from me about it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:15 PM   #4519
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Also, the e-mails are not from her or even to her. Even Cornyn and Grassley are questioning the FBI announcing this info so close to the election.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:51 PM   #4520
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
"Killary." Niiiiiiiice.

I guess that's what all the alt-right nut jobs call her?
Old 10-28-2016, 11:11 PM   #4521
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I guess that's what all the alt-right nut jobs call her?

That's what people call her in my Facebook feed. Everyday.
Go Kentucky.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:01 AM   #4522
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I doubt there's anything game changing here as well, but if Hillary is texting Huma, Huma's emails become fair game because Carlos Danger is texting her... and suddenly everything Hillary sent to her can/will be public.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:51 AM   #4523
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kinda of cool to see my wife head out the door to vote in her first presidential election since becoming a U.S. citizen. I swear she studied harder on the issues on this ballot that she did for some of graduate classes.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #4524
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Kinda of cool to see my wife head out the door to vote in her first presidential election since becoming a U.S. citizen. I swear she studied harder on the issues on this ballot that she did for some of graduate classes.

Nice, congrats to your wife.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #4525
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm feeling better and better about my vote for Johnson.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...orig-vstan.cnn
Old 10-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #4526
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

He's, "pretty versed," on the FairTax but continues to be unable to defend it when pressed with the slightest scrutiny or criticism against it.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #4527
miami_fan
Coordinator

What color is the ribbon to show support for the people who work at the polls?

Based on three visits to the early polling site today (the line was finally manageable enough the third time that I was able to vote after a 35 minutes wait), I want some way to show them some support. From people getting upset that poll workers were thanking people wearing military hats for their service to people being angry that they were not asked to verbally verify that the address on their license was correct, I am glad that voting for me is done and over with for 2016.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #4528
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

Based on three visits to the early polling site today (the line was finally manageable enough the third time that I was able to vote after a 35 minutes wait), I want some way to show them some support. From people getting upset that poll workers were thanking people wearing military hats for their service to people being angry that they were not asked to verbally verify that the address on their license was correct, I am glad that voting for me is done and over with for 2016.

That reminds me of a couple question. I live in a county with a population of 650,000 and nearly everyone votes by mail. I assume they still have voting booths setup on election day but I can't recall the last time I or anyone I know actually going to a place to vote. I think it's been that way here since late 2000s. This seems to make the most sense (and the process has been problem-free since the beginning, if I recall) but why don't every county do this?

That's also why I get confused when people talk about "pulling a lever" to vote straight ticket. I thought that (the mechanics) went out in the 1960s? Even when I started voting in California in the late 1970s, we were using punch cards (nothing electronic or mechanical) and the same in Colorado since the 1980s before switching to fill-in-the-circle ballots. Are there still places where there are mechanical voting machines?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #4529
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words. - The Washington Post

Using the Trump Foundation to pay his son's 7 dollar Boy Scouts registration made me laugh.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #4530
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Just tell those people to get fucked. Poll workers can't talk back but you're free to tell an asshole they're an asshole.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #4531
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
That reminds me of a couple question. I live in a county with a population of 650,000 and nearly everyone votes by mail. I assume they still have voting booths setup on election day but I can't recall the last time I or anyone I know actually going to a place to vote. I think it's been that way here since late 2000s. This seems to make the most sense (and the process has been problem-free since the beginning, if I recall) but why don't every county do this?

I can't think of many methods I'd trust less. We're going on three weeks & counting just trying to get an absentee ballot for my son via the mail. (edit to add): We'll be resorting to a pair of FedEx packages (to him & back to the board of elections) IF we ever get the damned thing in the first place.

Attempt #1 was here to him directly at school. Never showed up.
Attempt #2 was sent here, literally 5 miles away from the board of elections (law prohibits hand delivery of absentee), went out on Thursday afternoon. Still hasn't arrived.

Quote:
That's also why I get confused when people talk about "pulling a lever" to vote straight ticket. I thought that (the mechanics) went out in the 1960s? Even when I started voting in California in the late 1970s, we were using punch cards (nothing electronic or mechanical) and the same in Colorado since the 1980s before switching to fill-in-the-circle ballots. Are there still places where there are mechanical voting machines?

Per ballotopedia, the mechanical machines were last used in 2010. The phrase is just still around most likely in the same way we say a team "has punched their ticket" or similar outdated terminology.

But I'll tell you something, I'd say those mechanical machines would score the highest (a plurality at least) trust score with voters in Georgia (where we used them in most of the state until somewhere around 200something). We still lament their absence & had far fewer concerns about them being rigged, if watched properly.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-29-2016 at 10:18 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #4532
miked
College Starter

So with all the talk of the rigged election, we actually had 1 case of voter fraud and ID laws did not stop it!!

Voter fraud suspect arrested in Des Moines
Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #4533
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
So with all the talk of the rigged election, we actually had 1 case of voter fraud and ID laws did not stop it!!

Voter fraud suspect arrested in Des Moines

From another story on her:

Quote:
Rote told Iowa Public Radio that she cast her first ballot for Trump but feared it would be changed to a vote for Hillary Clinton.

“The polls are rigged,” Rote told the radio station.

Gee, I wonder where that idiotic and dangerous idea could have come from.

I guess we can say Donald is the biggest cause of voter fraud this election.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:26 AM   #4534
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It can't happen here.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #4535
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

At least we get cool stickers here.

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 10-30-2016 at 09:34 AM.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:44 AM   #4536
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm sure you could sell that on e-bay for a pretty penny
Old 10-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #4537
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, no idea.

Trump booster Alex Jones: I’m not anti-Semitic, but Jews run an evil conspiracy - Vox
Old 10-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #4538
Jas_lov
College Starter

So now that the polls are tightening does Trump still think they are rigged or will he use them as evidence the race is closer?

If I were the Republicans I'd be most worried about Nevada since Trump needs it for his narrow 270 path. Dems are up about 28K through one week of early voting, basically the same as 2012.

Early voting numbers in Nevada looking a lot like 2012’s | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #4539
cuervo72
Head Coach

Right, I get that. But through this whole campaign Trump and a decent portion of his followers have been quick to scapegoat minority group after minority group, and now it comes as a big shock that they've turned to Jews? C'mon.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #4540
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
So now that the polls are tightening does Trump still think they are rigged or will he use them as evidence the race is closer?

If I were the Republicans I'd be most worried about Nevada since Trump needs it for his narrow 270 path. Dems are up about 28K through one week of early voting, basically the same as 2012.

Early voting numbers in Nevada looking a lot like 2012’s | Las Vegas Review-Journal

If this FBI story just hangs around for nine days, with no resolution, and he can keep his mouth shut, for the first time I think he has a real chance to win.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #4541
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, still a long shot though. People are already voting. Trump looks good in OH and IA, Hillary looks good in NV, CO. If the Dems build up a 40-50K advantage in NV going into election day that will be difficult to overcome given that it's such a small state and 70% of people voted early in 2012. Then Trump has to flip another state like PA, WI, or MI.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/29/politi...ly-voter-data/
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #4542
mckerney
Coordinator

On Clinton Emails, Did the F.B.I. Director Abuse His Power?

Quote:
By RICHARD W. PAINTER
OCTOBER 30, 2016
The F.B.I. is currently investigating the hacking of Americans’ computers by foreign governments. Russia is a prime suspect.

Imagine a possible connection between a candidate for president in the United States and the Russian computer hacking. Imagine the candidate has business dealings in Russia, and has publicly encouraged the Russians to hack the email of his opponent and her associates.

It would not be surprising for the F.B.I. to include this candidate and his campaign staff in its confidential investigation of Russian computer hacking.

But it would be highly improper, and an abuse of power, for the F.B.I. to conduct such an investigation in the public eye, particularly on the eve of the election. It would be an abuse of power for the director of the F.B.I., absent compelling circumstances, to notify members of Congress from the party opposing the candidate that the candidate or his associates were under investigation. It would be an abuse of power if F.B.I. agents went so far as to obtain a search warrant and raid the candidate’s office tower, hauling out boxes of documents and computers in front of television cameras.

The F.B.I.’s job is to investigate, not to influence the outcome of an election.

Such acts could also be prohibited under the Hatch Act, which bars the use of an official position to influence an election. That is why the F.B.I. presumably would keep those aspects of an investigation confidential until after the election.

And that is why, on Saturday, I filed a complaint against the F.B.I. with the Office of Special Counsel, which investigates Hatch Act violations, and with the Office of Government Ethics. I have spent much of my career working on government ethics and lawyers’ ethics, including two and a half years as the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, and I never thought that the F.B.I. could be dragged into a political circus surrounding one of its investigations. Until this week.

(For the sake of full disclosure, in this election I have supported Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John Kasich and Hillary Clinton for president, in that order.)

On Friday, the director of the F.B.I., James B. Comey, sent to members of Congress a letter updating them on developments in the agency’s investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s emails, an investigation which supposedly was closed months ago. This letter, which was quickly posted on the internet, made highly unusual public statements about an F.B.I. investigation concerning a candidate in the election. The letter was sent in violation of a longstanding Justice Department policy of not discussing specifics about pending investigations with others, including members of Congress. According to some news reports on Saturday, the letter was sent before the F.B.I. had even obtained the search warrant that it needed to look at the newly discovered emails. And it was sent days before the election, at a time when many Americans are already voting.

Violations of the Hatch Act and of government ethics rules on misuse of official positions are not permissible in any circumstances, including in the case of an executive branch official acting under pressure from politically motivated members of Congress. Such violations are of even greater concern when the agency is the F.B.I.

It is not clear whether Mr. Comey personally wanted to influence the outcome of the election, although his letter — which cast suspicion on Mrs. Clinton without revealing specifics — was concerning. Also concerning is the fact that Mr. Comey has already made highly unusual public statements expressing his personal opinion about Mrs. Clinton’s actions, calling her handling of classified information “extremely careless,” when he announced this summer that the F.B.I. was concluding its investigation of her email without filing any charges.

But an official doesn’t need to have a specific intent — or desire — to influence an election to be in violation of the Hatch Act or government ethics rules. The rules are violated if it is obvious that the official’s actions could influence the election, there is no other good reason for taking those actions, and the official is acting under pressure from persons who obviously do want to influence the election.

Absent extraordinary circumstances that might justify it, a public communication about a pending F.B.I. investigation involving a candidate for public office that is made on the eve of an election is thus very likely to be a violation of the Hatch Act and a misuse of an official position. Serious questions also arise under lawyers’ professional conduct rules that require prosecutors to avoid excessive publicity and unnecessary statements that could cause public condemnation even of people who have been accused of a crime, not to mention people like Mrs. Clinton, who have never been charged with a crime.

This is no trivial matter. We cannot allow F.B.I. or Justice Department officials to unnecessarily publicize pending investigations concerning candidates of either party while an election is underway. That is an abuse of power. Allowing such a precedent to stand will invite more, and even worse, abuses of power in the future.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-30-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #4543
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Right, I get that. But through this whole campaign Trump and a decent portion of his followers have been quick to scapegoat minority group after minority group, and now it comes as a big shock that they've turned to Jews? C'mon.

Not a recent phenomenon by any means. I thought someone had already mentioned the picture of Hillary with the six-pointed star in this thread. The anti-Semitic intimidation tactics directed towards journalists seem to have escalated lately, and I'm sure that's a coincidence that has nothing to do with Trump saying that Clinton meets with a "global financial elite" or that she has a lying press on her side. Those aren't obvious dog whistles or anything.

Last edited by nol : 10-30-2016 at 10:47 AM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #4544
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I have no clue what his chant means, and no clue why it's worthy of posting here.

Not sure if this is the same guy or not (not the one they are showing staring at the press, but mentioned towards the bottom of the article:

Man staring down press removed from Trump rally - POLITICO
Old 10-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #4545
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The alt-right is a cesspool of anti-semitism and a self proclaimed leader of the movement is running Trump's campaign. The guy's chant isn't the only problem, all the people around him do nothing.

Last edited by JPhillips : 10-30-2016 at 10:38 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #4546
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The alt-right is a cesspool of anti-semitism and a self proclaimed leader of the movement is running Trump's campaign. The guy's chant isn't the only problem, all the people around him do nothing.

To be fair, they did have security kick him out.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:12 PM   #4547
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is alr-right lingo for anyone who is on the conservative side of things for you?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #4548
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Is alr-right lingo for anyone who is on the conservative side of things for you?

Alternative Right | Southern Poverty Law Center

Quote:
ALTERNATIVE RIGHT

The Alternative Right, commonly known as the Alt-Right, is a set of far-right ideologies, groups and individuals whose core belief is that “white identity” is under attack by multicultural forces using “political correctness” and “social justice” to undermine white people and “their” civilization. Characterized by heavy use of social media and online memes, Alt-Righters eschew “establishment” conservatism, skew young, and embrace white ethno-nationalism as a fundamental value.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #4549
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

"We're the platform for the alt-right" - Steve Bannon

(talking about Breitbart.)

Last edited by JPhillips : 10-30-2016 at 12:37 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #4550
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Got it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote