Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #4501
Danny
Head Coach

I think the lynch order right now should be this, Saldana, Schmidty, Me (so you guys can confirm my findings).

At this point I feel really good about four people objectively
Kwhit (100% cleared, game would be over if he was spawn)
PB (AT)
Clap (AT)
Jeheinz (would be hard to believe he could be spawn after all the times I've worked with him).

At this point, I would be shocked if the game wasn't over with a villagers win by the time Saldana and Schmidty (who I still have a gut feeling is good) are dead.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #4502
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Reminder that night actions are due by 3:30 AM today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #4503
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

330 am?

im gonna sleep!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #4504
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont know what to tell you guys...i gave my arguments earlier today, i almost agree with my lynching, except for the fact that im not a spawn, and you will have to do this whole routine again tomorrow

i am not gonna rant and rave, i know that i am responsible for the success of this mission as much as anyone, and the price of that success is you guys lynching me...i was ready for it as soon as i saw my role pm, and to be totally honest, am surprised i lasted this long..i am just a bit disappointed that i got this close to the end, and wont be around for the win.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #4505
Danny
Head Coach

BK, I think we confirmed it earlier, but can you confirm that Schmidty was rested when he got up this morning again?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #4506
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
BK, I think we confirmed it earlier, but can you confirm that Schmidty was rested when he got up this morning again?
Yes he was rested.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #4507
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gentleman, I have an announcement to make. I have served this ship to the best of my ability. I have tried to save humanity and harvest Crystillium. And I was successful. Damn successful. But in the process I became a spawn. My ideals changed. But I know there is no chance of my surviving now. I do not want my former comrades to suffer or die in my place. So go ahead. Kill me. You will find yourselves safe after that.”

As this speech concludes
Saldana awaits to see the reaction. Perhaps he hoped that he would be spared. But there is no sympathy, no compassion awaiting him. Simply a death. A death which comes mericifully quick. And in which it is discovered that yes saldana was a SPAWN. As the ship proceeds back to earth, the crew waits to see if he was telling the truth. And it seems that he was for nothing further happens.

When the crew reaches Earth, they are met with a hero’s welcome. And untold riches. Space travel has been saved for now, but when 23 people left for Earth and only 7 return there is no line awaiting to return to Spawn Planet. But there is no doubt that once again the supply of Crystillium will run out and so humanity will be once again forced to return to the planet.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #4508
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm at work now so I can't post everyone's secret roles but would be happy to answer questions you have. I'd be even more interested in suggestions as I'm sure at some point in the future there will be demand, and I will be available, to do Spawn 4.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #4509
Danny
Head Coach

Heck Yeah!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #4510
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh since it was of some confusion the last few days:

I don't remember the exact timing, but when Purdue learned who was in the CoT Clap was a private. He was then promoted the next DAY to engineer, but was not an engineer at the time of the PM (representing a night action).
Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #4511
Danny
Head Coach

Great job BK, I had an a lot of fun!

Engineers, we kicked ass this game
Old 07-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #4512
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Oh since it was of some confusion the last few days:

I don't remember the exact timing, but when Purdue learned who was in the CoT Clap was a private. He was then promoted the next DAY to engineer, but was not an engineer at the time of the PM (representing a night action).

Yeah, I figured that had to be the case as Clap was the only person who could have possibly been in the CoT.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #4513
Danny
Head Coach

Tricky BK combining the threads . Just remember to change the post number of the end in the thread topic.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #4514
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Tricky BK combining the threads . Just remember to change the post number of the end in the thread topic.
Already done .
Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #4515
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I LOIVED TILL THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #4516
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

when is spawn 4?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #4517
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I LOIVED TILL THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is loived a combination of lived and loved? And if so who was your lover? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #4518
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
when is spawn 4?
Next summer at the soonest. I can only run the game when I have no real responsibilities.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #4519
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Is loived a combination of lived and loved? And if so who was your lover? Inquiring minds want to know.

I couldn't resist the french maid's outfit he wore last night, plus it gets lonely in the ship.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #4520
Danny
Head Coach

Saldana, you played well. You were in a tough position, but did a good job lasting that long.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #4521
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

was saldana origional? like heinze thoguht? if not (looks like not) when did he convert?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #4522
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

who were the origionals?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #4523
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I am (for this one short instant) almost as cool as my cat!

its a good feeling!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #4524
Barkeep49
Coordinator

No saldana converted on his second to last away mission.

The originals were olie, telle, and LSG. Pure coincidence. I did assign some people to public roles based on requests and such, but private roles were 100% random, except where it would create a game imbalance (originally all of the engineers were slated to be part of one CoT or another, for instance).
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #4525
Danny
Head Coach

I should retire from Werewolf now.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #4526
saldana
Pro Starter

i realized i had no chance to convince enough people not to lynch me, so i asked barkeep for nightfall so we could all have a well deserved nights rest tonight

i got totally spun in this game...the first 3 days, i was a survivor, busting my butt to get us off the planet, then day 4 rolls around an i woke up a spawn..i didnt bluff the last mining away team, to try to get people to believe in me, which worked to a point (today)

i think the spawn were at a serious disadvantage this game...there were tons of ways for the villagers to get the COT built up, and the only secret spawn role that was ever in the game was the Queen, which was of course oliegirl

the original spawn were olie, telle, and lonestargirl.

i was the only conversion that took place on the planet, packer and chubby were converted on the ship. the fact that i was converted off the ship is rather ironic, since my original secret role was a miracle worker...i never used it and lost it when i became a spawn...i lied about the light sleeper because no one could prove i was lying

not getting anything beyond the unevolved spawn was tough...every morning i got my pm hoping for something, because if i had gotten the skindancer, you would all be screwed, and kwhit would have been laughing at you all.

also in the irony category is the fact that the fake reveal about two secret roles that got chubby caught was before he was a spawn..i am interested in hearing why he thought it was necessary to claim resistant when he was still a human...i never actually got to talk to him, since he was killed before he got on the council

that was another thing that made it hard for the spawn...the 3 pm each rule was hard...the day that chubby got killed, i was dying at not being able to ask packerfanatic to stop commenting on the "vote for heinz" idea that kwhit had

all in all, i think it boiled down to too many ways for the survivors to build the COT...between the doctors, the ability to make more doctors, the AT groups, and the spawn awareness within the engineers, the spawn were seriously in trouble by the 2nd or 3rd day, before anyone had gotten lynched.

just my two cents, great job Barkeep!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #4527
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and here's the most important thing to remember going forward for the survivors:

Spawn never sabotage away missions. Just too risky.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #4528
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that the Spawn were at a severe severe disadvantage this game and it was the survivors to lose, which they didn't do. However, there were ways, involving the slaves and the water that they could have made things interesting. But I do agree the balance was on the survivor's side and it didn't help that the Spawn didn't seem to ever have a clear path as to how they were going to win.

Also Alan's contention that they were real unlucky with the slaves is exactly the opposite of the truth. At no point in the last game did they end a cycle with slave pen damage. There was a very small chance that the slaves WOULDN'T revolt so you got lucky that lift-off day.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #4529
Danny
Head Coach

I'm curious why Chubby and Packer were targets to convert in the ship, seemed like there would have been better people to convert.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #4530
Danny
Head Coach

And I agree that the survivors had an advantage, but if the spawn could have gotten a convert more in the CoT that would have helped.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #4531
Danny
Head Coach

Also, since there were no kills and apparently you guys didn't bring the Overlord spawn back, what were the actions of the spawn nights 1 and 2?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #4532
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, you played well. You were in a tough position, but did a good job lasting that long.

thanks danny...i fully expected to be dead the day i got converted...path had already said he was going to scan me, which is why we killed both doctors....i had a minor stroke when i woke up and saw that we got them both, but that passacaglia had managed to make himself a doctor.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #4533
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, since there were no kills and apparently you guys didn't bring the Overlord spawn back, what were the actions of the spawn nights 1 and 2?
There were no spawn Night 1, they became spawn Day 2. And that was part of the balance. I did the initial damage right, except I needed to have done a full day's more worth of damage to compensate for the Spawn.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #4534
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

according to BK, there were no spawn on night 1...on night 2 they converted packerfan
Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #4535
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
thanks danny...i fully expected to be dead the day i got converted...path had already said he was going to scan me, which is why we killed both doctors....i had a minor stroke when i woke up and saw that we got them both, but that passacaglia had managed to make himself a doctor.
Yes Pass making himself a doctor was a great move. If he could have been trainer that would have been better, but that wasn't how the role was envisioned so it didn't happen.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4536
Schmidty
Coordinator

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I am just happy to have ridden on the coattails of better players yet again!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #4537
KWhit
Coordinator

Woo hoo! Great job survivors!

Once again, a great job running the game, BK.

Saldana, you did a great job lasting as long as you did.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #4538
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I am just happy to have ridden on the coattails of better players yet again!!!
i dunno smitdy

we were a pretty sad lot in the end

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #4539
Danny
Head Coach

We only had one bad lynch, we did really well, though with an advantage.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #4540
KWhit
Coordinator

So this was my third Spawn game and my third time being captain at one point or other in the game.

Game 1 - We won and I lived as Captain until the end
Game 2 - We lost, but I died a hero's death fighting the Spawn Overlord
Game 3 - Won again

I have more luck in the Spawn games than any other. Maybe that's why I like them so much.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #4541
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
i dunno smitdy

we were a pretty sad lot in the end

We suck, but like cockroaches, we are survivors!!!!

Seriously, this game is the exact reason why I'm never night-killed (unless I have a known role that's important) - The wolves never see me as a threat!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #4542
Danny
Head Coach

BK, how lucky was I on the roll with Packer that I ended up getting the upper hand and wounding him?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #4543
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Nice job guys and awesome story telling BK

Role suggestion, as the psychic I found it frustrating to not get info off folks after consecutive nights - 3 nights to get info seems like a bit much when the game is relatively short, know what I mean? Not sure how to rework it unless it's maybe to know 1/2 the info scan one and the other 1/2 scan two to make it only a 2 day sequence or something.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #4544
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Nice job guys and awesome story telling BK

Role suggestion, as the psychic I found it frustrating to not get info off folks after consecutive nights - 3 nights to get info seems like a bit much when the game is relatively short, know what I mean? Not sure how to rework it unless it's maybe to know 1/2 the info scan one and the other 1/2 scan two to make it only a 2 day sequence or something.
Fair enough. It was a new role I had added, but didn't want to make it too powerful with so many other roles around.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #4545
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
We suck, but like cockroaches, we are survivors!!!!

Seriously, this game is the exact reason why I'm never night-killed (unless I have a known role that's important) - The wolves never see me as a threat!!!

you would have been one of my thoughts for conversion if i had been able to do it any point...you were so under the radar, i dont think anyone ever voted for you
Old 07-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #4546
KWhit
Coordinator

Was there an unaware spawn?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #4547
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Was there an unaware spawn?
There was never any work done on the Overlord so there were no Spawn roles.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #4548
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys-

Congrats villagers!!!!!!!!! Nice game.

BK, awesome job GM'ing, this is definitely one of my favorite games I've played and you did an awesome job GM'ing it (no surprise).

As for me, sorry for being a tad flakey the last day and a half, we just found out that we're going to have our first child.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #4549
Danny
Head Coach

Congrats PurdueBrad!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #4550
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats, PB.

Although it may not have seemed like it at times, I had a lot of fun with this game. I think BK did a nice job of running it all the way through.

I agree that the balance was tilted towards the villagers, although I'm sure that a different set of actions by the spawn could have changed our perceptions on this point. The Overlord is a cool concept, but there seem to have been a really heavy penalty for not invoking it - no special roles all game long + tightly restricted PM rights = not that much fun a game for the bad guys, I'm guessing.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote