Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #401
Groundhog
Coordinator

Rondo to Bulls..........
Old 07-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #402
wustin
College Prospect

It was a bargain contract, can't complain.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #403
Groundhog
Coordinator

Whenever Austin has the ball, I have zero idea if he's going to knock down a 3, dribble the ball off his foot, or blow a layup. He's basically a shorter Lance Stephenson.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #404
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
It was a bargain contract, can't complain.

Yet I bet they end up doing exactly that.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #405
The Jackal
Coordinator

Wall / Beal / Porter / Markieff / Mahinmi or Gortat

Burke / Satoransky / Oubre / Nicholson / Mahinmi or Gortat

The Wizards actually have a decent looking bench!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #406
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Whenever Austin has the ball, I have zero idea if he's going to knock down a 3, dribble the ball off his foot, or blow a layup. He's basically a shorter Lance Stephenson.

Played very well after the all-star break. Shot over 40% from 3.

You have to remember he's only 23 and he was the 2nd ranked recruit in his recruiting class only behind Anthony Davis. Potential is still there hopefully. I'm trying to justify his contract but I agree that a lot of it had to do with his dad.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #407
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Wall / Beal / Porter / Markieff / Mahinmi or Gortat

Burke / Satoransky / Oubre / Nicholson / Mahinmi or Gortat

The Wizards actually have a decent looking bench!

Mahinmi is like 29-30 years old, never averaged double figure scoring in his career and they gave him a 4-year deal. I would be pissed if I was Wall.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #408
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I asked that exact same question earlier today.

I suspect he might actually be the most anonymous of all the guys who got paid this off season so far.

Solomon Hill was my wtf guys. The Pacers declined his 4th year at 2.3M and he got 12mil.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #409
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
Mahinmi is like 29-30 years old, never averaged double figure scoring in his career and they gave him a 4-year deal. I would be pissed if I was Wall.

Wall should be pissed at his agent for no opt out.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #410
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I'm not arguing there's a ton of D-league guys who could step in and be a good role player on a contender, I'm saying Austin Rivers isn't one either. No other team in the league wanted him when he was on an ELC, the Celtics would've released him if GM Doc didn't cough up an asset (that could be used to get a guy like Demetrius Jackson and see if you can find a good role player on a dirt cheap deal), and I very much doubt there was any team willing to give him a bigger offer sheet. GM Doc gave up top much in that trade for him, and now he's paying him too much money, and we all know it's connected to their relationship. He should be an 11th/12th man who ends up in a rotation when injuries happen, not your 7th/8th guy making 11% of the cap.

Hyperbole City Football Club.

Austin Rivers went to Duke. He was a lottery pick. Dude put up 32 on the Thunder this year and had a few 20+ point nights. I'm not saying dude is the truth, but he had meetings with three other teams before deciding to go back to LA. He wasn't going to start anywhere good, so might as well hang out on the bench of a team with a shot to make noise.

But to hear you tell it, dude is a 15th man who went to Stony Brook and he's lucky to be in the NBA at all.

He has an ugly shot. But what the hell else were they going to get to replace him with his age and skill level that they already know and who is already integrated into that locker room. Besides, Doc and Austin don't have the typical dad/son relationship anyway because Doc was always away when he was growing up, so it's very much basketball.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:36 AM   #411
whomario
Pro Starter

Cole Aldrich to the Wolves for 22/3 , thats downright sensible ... i liked him whenever i saw him the last 2 seasons, Advanced stats and per36 are good.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #412
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Cole Aldrich to the Wolves for 22/3 , thats downright sensible ... i liked him whenever i saw him the last 2 seasons, Advanced stats and per36 are good.

Aldrich was a terrific role player last year for the Clips, and was more than serviceable when called upon to start.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #413
Groundhog
Coordinator

There used to be a real good reason why the top non-NBA Americans chose to remain in Europe over trying again and again to stick in the NBA via the summer league and/or NBDL..... $$$. They make 2 or 3 times the min-sal, so it doesn't make a lot of financial sense to pass up on that money to try yet again for an NBA spot. With the EU contracts starting to dry up a little over the past couple of years and the increase in salaries in the NBA, that seems to be changing, so it boggles my mind a little bit that money is getting thrown at fringe NBA talent over guys with experience and ability.

Especially contending teams, why wouldn't you throw cash at a 28 year old vet in the Spanish league? All it takes is a few million a year, and he'll do more for you over the next season or two than a lot of the guys who are suddenly earning around 10 mil a year.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #414
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Especially contending teams, why wouldn't you throw cash at a 28 year old vet in the Spanish league? All it takes is a few million a year, and he'll do more for you over the next season or two than a lot of the guys who are suddenly earning around 10 mil a year.

You mean like this?

Quote:
A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press that guard Malcolm Delaney, a Euroleague star, has agreed to a $1.49 million, two-year contract offer from the Atlanta Hawks.
The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Sunday because no NBA deal can be finalized before Thursday. The deal is guaranteed.
The 6-foot-3 Delaney, from Virginia Tech, was an all-Euroleague All-Star in his second season playing for the Russian team Lokomotiv Kuban.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #415
Zinto
College Starter

KD to the Warriors. And I guess I will see you guys next June.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #416
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

league fucked?

Didn't think he'd really do it.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #417
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for these shenanigans. It's the best of everything. The drama of him leaving OKC. The Warriors video game team.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kev...-announcement/

Quote:
The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player — as that has always steered me in the right direction. But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving out of my comfort zone to a new city and community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth. With this in mind, I have decided that I am going to join the Golden State Warriors.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-04-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #418
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Meh. Overrated. He won't even improve their regular season victory total by ten wins.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #419
nol
Banned

Quote:
I like Tyler Johnson based on what I've seen of him before his injury. Athletic, OK handles (but more of a combo guard), and a decent jumper. Only 24, so his money makes more sense to me than some of the others.

Yep, and Austin Rivers is even younger and getting paid slightly less (and more importantly isn't on a poison pill contract that pays him $18-19 million a season 2 years from now).

Quote:
I'd rather pay him than Austin Rivers, anyway, who has 1 or 2 games a season where he catches fire from deep and seems to make some folks forget all the other times he plays out of control and can't hit the side of the barn.

Games with 2 or more three pointers made, 2015-16:

Tyler Johnson - 8 of 36

Austin Rivers - 15 of 67 (12 of the 39 games Rivers played after Blake Griffin's injury)

You probably didn't watch many Clippers games once Blake Griffin was injured, which is okay because they weren't all that fun, but during that time you missed Austin Rivers playing pretty decently.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #420
nol
Banned

dola, guess Boston or somebody can start to put together a trade package for Westbrook.

and this is going to be dredged up quite often.

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #421
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Westbrook to Cleveland?
Lol
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #422
whomario
Pro Starter

Seriously, if they basically upgrade from Barnes to Durant, wow ...

I kinda wanna see Westbrook drag this bunch to the Playoffs kicking and screaming while putting up godly raw numbers on an astounding number of FGAs and TOs. I mean, we saw an enticing Preview of this but over a full season ? Tell me you wouldnt be entertained ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM   #423
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Hyperbole City Football Club.

Austin Rivers went to Duke. He was a lottery pick. Dude put up 32 on the Thunder this year and had a few 20+ point nights. I'm not saying dude is the truth, but he had meetings with three other teams before deciding to go back to LA. He wasn't going to start anywhere good, so might as well hang out on the bench of a team with a shot to make noise.

But to hear you tell it, dude is a 15th man who went to Stony Brook and he's lucky to be in the NBA at all.

He has an ugly shot. But what the hell else were they going to get to replace him with his age and skill level that they already know and who is already integrated into that locker room. Besides, Doc and Austin don't have the typical dad/son relationship anyway because Doc was always away when he was growing up, so it's very much basketball.
I didn't realize we had multiple Austin Rivers stans. "He went to Duke" "was a lottery pick" "the #2 HS recruit"... he's been in the NBA for 4 seasons. Like any guard who shoots a lot he's had a couple great games, but he shoots 33% from 3, 64% on FT's, & 41% on FG's (though yes that has improved last 2 seasons, although I'd say that has more to do with the Clips spacing than anything).

If you watched Clippers games and thought he was better than Jamal Crawford idk what to say. But they offered him more $$$ than Crawford instead of even waiting to see if a team put an offer on him they had the rights to match. And I don't care about their ages because the Clippers are in win now mode.

Doc's a pretty good coach, and a terrible GM, and the Clippers have probably missed their chance to win a championship because they have a shitty bench surrounding 3.5 elite players. Picking Austin Rivers over Jamal Crawford and paying him >10% of the cap, especially this early when they had matching rights, isn't going to help that.

But in the important NBA news, wow. Of course GS will drop a couple games when 3's aren't falling, but you simply don't have a chance as an opponent if their shots are falling. The Steph Curry/Draymond P&R has been the best offensive set in the NBA the last 2 years, and now you can replace Draymond with KD?!? (Although, like in OKC, it still probably makes more sense to throw one of KD/Steph on the wing by themselves so there's zero help defense on a whole half of the court.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM   #424
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Meh. Overrated. He won't even improve their regular season victory total by ten wins.

AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #425
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post

83 and -1. Ditka will find a way.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #426
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't realize we had multiple Austin Rivers stans. "He went to Duke" "was a lottery pick" "the #2 HS recruit"... he's been in the NBA for 4 seasons. Like any guard who shoots a lot he's had a couple great games, but he shoots 33% from 3, 64% on FT's, & 41% on FG's (though yes that has improved last 2 seasons, although I'd say that has more to do with the Clips spacing than anything).

If you watched Clippers games and thought he was better than Jamal Crawford idk what to say. But they offered him more $$$ than Crawford instead of even waiting to see if a team put an offer on him they had the rights to match. And I don't care about their ages because the Clippers are in win now mode.

Doc's a pretty good coach, and a terrible GM, and the Clippers have probably missed their chance to win a championship because they have a shitty bench surrounding 3.5 elite players. Picking Austin Rivers over Jamal Crawford and paying him >10% of the cap, especially this early when they had matching rights, isn't going to help that.

But in the important NBA news, wow. Of course GS will drop a couple games when 3's aren't falling, but you simply don't have a chance as an opponent if their shots are falling. The Steph Curry/Draymond P&R has been the best offensive set in the NBA the last 2 years, and now you can replace Draymond with KD?!? (Although, like in OKC, it still probably makes more sense to throw one of KD/Steph on the wing by themselves so there's zero help defense on a whole half of the court.)
Crawford just re-signed for 3/$42 you idiot. (Still don't like the Rivers timing or numbers.)
Old 07-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #427
nol
Banned

Quote:
If you watched Clippers games and thought he was better than Jamal Crawford idk what to say.

Oooh, swing and a miss.

And that's before considering that Rivers always has to guard the better player when he's on the court at the same time as Crawford or that when you are giving a contract to a player based on what he will do 2 or more years in the future, the 25-year-old will be much better than the 37-year-old.

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #428
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Westbrook to Cleveland?
Lol

They changed team colors to purple and yellow?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #429
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Really good move for Durant.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #430
MrBug708
Head Coach

@mccoveychron
My only regret is that while I'm ridiculously happy, I know that I'll never be as happy as a Sonics fan right now.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #431
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Oooh, swing and a miss.

And that's before considering that Rivers always has to guard the better player when he's on the court at the same time as Crawford or that when you are giving a contract to a player based on what he will do 2 or more years in the future, the 25-year-old will be much better than the 37-year-old.
That's why Crawford's making more $$$, right?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #432
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How long til the Thunder relocate to Las Vegas?

Obvious hyperbole.

Shout out to all the Sonics fans, you guys can troll as much as possible for the next 72 hours.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #433
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Would have liked to see Durant lead the Celtics or a team on the rise to the Championship but its his choice. Going to love to see Westbook and the numbers he will put up now on OKC.

This changes very little for the Warriors. With or without Durant they were a lock 1 or 2 seed in the west with a high probability of reaching the finals. They weakened one of their top rivals and gave themselves an additional weapon for the conference finals/NBA finals. Still going to come down to if the Warriors can beat Spurs and Cavs when it matters most.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #434
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What's Boston's package for Westbrook? Gotta start with a ton of firsts and Smart and?
Old 07-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #435
MrBug708
Head Coach

About time for Russell to come home
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #436
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How long til the Thunder relocate to Las Vegas?

Obvious hyperbole.

Shout out to all the Sonics fans, you guys can troll as much as possible for the next 72 hours.

Well that college atmosphere in Chesapeake will have that college talent level in about 2 years.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #437
nol
Banned

Quote:
That's why Crawford's making more $$$, right?

That's what I would call a much worse deal augmented by Crawford's multiple times winning the "bench player with the highest points per game" award. The whole point of this was that apparently Austin Rivers, a mediocre bench player who got paid in the $10-15 million range like a litany of other mediocre bench players, was not only an overpay but such a massive overpay that it immediately makes all other contracts signed look wise by comparison.

There are always contracts that end up being such dead weight that teams have to offer a first-round pick just to get another team to take that contract off their hands. Anderson Varejao, Javale McGee, Jason Thompson, and Carl Landry are recent examples. If I'm ranking every contract by how likely it is to end up that bad, Austin Rivers' is pretty far down that list, not number one with a bullet.

Quote:
I didn't realize we had multiple Austin Rivers stans. "He went to Duke" "was a lottery pick" "the #2 HS recruit"... he's been in the NBA for 4 seasons.

And you'll notice I said nothing of the sort. He was drafted too high at #10 and was horrible his first few seasons in the league. That has as little bearing on the player he is today as his high school accolades. Is Tyler Johnson that much better because when he was 20-21 years old, he was being an average player at Fresno State and making 0 dollars rather than being one of the worst players in the NBA like Austin Rivers was? There were plenty of red flags in Austin Rivers' college stats that indicated he wouldn't be a star player in the NBA, but his freshman season at Duke was still better than Johnson's first 2-3 seasons at Fresno State.

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #438
Zinto
College Starter

And now Woj is reporting that Duncan is leaning towards retiring.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #439
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
KD to the Warriors. And I guess I will see you guys next June.

wow
Old 07-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #440
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
About time for Russell to come home

Westbrook for D'Angelo Russell and a couple future first rounders would make sense for both teams if the Lakers hadn't already traded so many away.

I'm almost of the mind that Minnesota should offer whatever they were offering for Butler and then some for Westbrook.

Tim Duncan seems as though he will in fact retire

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #441
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Okay, so the Warriors have to trade Bogut now.

Why the hell would anyone help them? What if everyone froze out the Dubs, would KD have to sign for less or would he have to pull a Deandre?
Old 07-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #442
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

This...is insanity.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #443
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You mean like this?

Yeah, that and now the Sixers signing Rudy Fernandez to a one-year deal are pretty good examples. If the Sixers are trying to make Ben Simmons their point forward, as they should, Fernandez is even better than Bayless. Now, you could argue that the Sixers are looking to be a mediocre team next year that won't be able to add another star player who could really make them a contender, but between the Lakers' pick and the Kings' pick swap they have a pretty good chance of drafting in the top 3 regardless of how many games they win in '16-17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Okay, so the Warriors have to trade Bogut now.

Why the hell would anyone help them? What if everyone froze out the Dubs, would KD have to sign for less or would he have to pull a Deandre?

Yep, exactly. I mean at some point, it's enough of a prisoners' dilemma that some team simply cannot refuse the offer of "we'll give you a pretty decent starting center who's making 2/3rds of what Mozgov makes AND next year's first-round pick for nothing" because it's not like many teams were coming close to the Warriors without Durant and at some point it's just free stuff to make your team much better. You certainly couldn't find a center better than Bogut who will cost less than $18 million next year.

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #444
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Oooh, swing and a miss.

Crawford wasn't good last season and still beat him out in PER, Win Shares, and RPM. Rivers' improvements were based largely on a spike in shooting (which still rated below average) that likely isn't sustainable based on his 68% free throw shooting. He improved to a win below replacement level last year by Pelton's system and is projected to be slightly over replacement level over the next 3 years. He grades out as average as an on the ball defender and awful in help defense situations. He can't pass the ball, he doesn't handle well, shoot well, or really defend well.

My point was he doesn't have a single skill that isn't easily replaceable. Mozgov at least scores efficiently, offers a bit of rim protection, and is very good in pick and rolls. Mozgov is awful, but does offer real NBA skills.

At least Austin Rivers can rest easy knowing he has a fan base at FOFC.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #445
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yep, exactly. I mean at some point, it's enough of a prisoners' dilemma that some team simply cannot refuse the offer of "we'll give you a pretty decent starting center who's making 2/3rds of what Mozgov makes AND next year's first-round pick for nothing" because it's not like many teams were coming close to the Warriors without Durant and at some point it's just free stuff to make your team much better. You certainly couldn't find a center better than Bogut who will cost less than $18 million next year.

I've heard Raptors and Mavs all along and it wouldn't shock me if it's Cuban trying to give Dirk one last playoff run with Barnes+Bogut.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #446
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Yeah, Woj already reporting that the Warriors are close to dealing Bogut to the Mavs.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #447
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Crawford wasn't good last season and still beat him out in PER, Win Shares, and RPM.

2 of these 3 stats are essentially worthless for the extent to which they ignore defense beyond steals per game, and even then a difference of .076 to .063 win shares/48 is certainly not even meaningfully different to the point that one could say "if you think player X is better than player Y I don't even know what to say." Kyle Lowry and Draymond Green are just as close to one another in win shares/48 and I certainly wouldn't be able to tell you that one player was definitely better than the other.

But anyway you could have just stopped at 'he projects to be slightly above replacement level the next three years' because that's referring to VORP. If someone has a VORP of 0, that actually means they're an average starter (other players with a VORP between 0 and 0.5 this year include George Hill, Ryan Anderson, Kevin Garnett, Luis Scola, Vince Carter, and Brandon Jennings). This proverbial D-League guy you can sign off the streets is much, much worse than that. The aforementioned Xavier Munford, who was a first-team all D-league player, had a BPM of -3.1 to Rivers' -2.2. That's a pretty big difference, believe it or not.

So at that point, all this grandstanding is based on the fact that you think a 36-year-old player won't decline over the next three years while a 23-year-old player won't get any better. Good luck with that.

Last edited by nol : 07-04-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #448
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I hope Golden State stays healthy next season. It will be interesting to see what they can do.

It's going to be a really interesting minutes juggle there. I guess you would imagine Curry/Green and Durant/Thompson being the main playing pairs. So you start the game with all 4, at the 6 minute mark bring one set out, then rest those guys at the start of the next quarter. Then finish the half with the big 4 again.

I'm wondering what their big man rotation will look like. Is Speights the only one they have? I guess there are still a fair number of centers available right now so maybe free agent x on a min deal. I'd be worried if they have to play Green at center for too many minutes in the regular season.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #449
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

They drafted Damian Jones, but Speights is really the only big veteran they still have.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #450
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
And now Woj is reporting that Duncan is leaning towards retiring.

And Gasol apparently signing for the Spurs, giving them at least a prayer at another run.

On the topic of veterans from Europe coming back ...

Sergio Rodriguez to the 76ers on a 1 year, 8 mio deal. Basically seems like an audition-type contract that´s still a financial win for him. Either the 76ers develop and he´s good (then he might sign anew next year), the 76ers still suck but he´s playing good (then he has a foot in the NBA-door again) or of course he´s playing bad (in which case no hard feelings, still gonna get a deal in Europe.

Almost certainly and upgrade to Ish Smith, imo.

Also, and i realize this is he-said-she-said from my (admittedly kinda remote) connections to people inside the european system, there are a ton of people being looked at ... Would not be shocked if there´s quite a few signings on that front later in Free Agency.