Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #401
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Im confused. Where does Malzahn come into the picture?

With my original typo silly
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #402
MrBug708
Head Coach

Asiantii Woulard taking a visit to UCLA. 32 ranked QB on Scout. ESPN and Rivals like him more than that
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #403
Logan
Head Coach

Woulard is interesting. He is a premium recruit by the sites but when he decommitted from USF, he had very little interest.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #404
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Well this does not look good for the Beavs, I thought we had Kearsley pretty well wrapped up. Obviously not.

2013 OL recruit Brayden Kearsley tips hand, appears ready to re-commit to BYU - Vanquish The Foe
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #405
MrBug708
Head Coach

Anae is a good OL coach/recruiter
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #406
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Well this does not look good for the Beavs, I thought we had Kearsley pretty well wrapped up. Obviously not.

2013 OL recruit Brayden Kearsley tips hand, appears ready to re-commit to BYU - Vanquish The Foe
We'll see - could be posturing to keep his announcement feeling more suspenseful.

At the very least, you guys stole Harlow away from Washington.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #408
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Wait...Lane Kiffin made a slimy, low-integrity move??? Color me shocked.

OK, not really. *shurg*
Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #409
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Even in a world of low integrity folks Kiffin manages to stand out.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #410
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jack will visit FSU, not Oregon
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #411
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jack will visit FSU, not Oregon
Interesting. Sounds like he really enjoyed his trip to Tempe. I had no idea his parents were ASU alums...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #412
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jack is off to UCLA this coming week, I would imagine there will be similar afterglow.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #413
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jack is off to UCLA this coming week, I would imagine there will be similar afterglow.
Sure. It was just interesting after so many months of hearing it was a 2-team race to read that he was so taken with ASU. I'm just glad Washington gets the visit after UCLA
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #414
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Wait...Lane Kiffin made a slimy, low-integrity move??? Color me shocked.

OK, not really. *shurg*

How this guy is even employable at this time is beyond me....
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #415
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

There's a joke in here somewhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #416
Logan
Head Coach

I tried.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #417
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Sure. It was just interesting after so many months of hearing it was a 2-team race to read that he was so taken with ASU. I'm just glad Washington gets the visit after UCLA

Everyone knew he'd be taking trips, even back in the summer. I don't think the visit to UW will be the same as ASU though, because he's familiar with it.

Gonna be some awesome weather this weekend in LA. Around 75 and clear!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #418
BYU 14
Coordinator

BYU receives a commit (again) from Brayden Kearsley.

He was definitely the jewel on the offensive side of the ball this year and was all but lost to OSU or Washington last month. Apparently Robert Anae was able to sway him back after a visit last week, so rehiring him as OC has already paid dividends
Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #419
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Asiantii Woulard taking a visit to UCLA. 32 ranked QB on Scout. ESPN and Rivals like him more than that

Asiantii picked up an offer from Clemson on Monday and gave a nod to OC Morris in home allegedly...

Meh...his film kinda sucks....EJ Manuel take 2 to me.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #420
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

In a side note, I will again promise to post some interesting bits on Rivals #1 Nkemdiche's recruitment after NSD.

As some know I have been working/helping a friend out who owns the Clemson Rivals site....and as a result I have been playing reporter and talking to some old friends who are current HS coaches...and wow. This story is plum crazy....James Bond must be involved somewhere.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #421
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Does it involve a fake girlfriend, because that's already been done.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #422
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think UCLA will lose Duarte to USC because of decommits and needing to fill scholarships

Cameron Judge will likely flip as UCLA hasnt been calling him as much
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #423
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Recruit Visit Weekend at BYU...let's see if we can solidify everyone...
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #424
MrBug708
Head Coach

There is starting to be some worry about Kenny Bigelow as no one apparently has seen him on campus yet as an EE. It would be pretty funny if USC ends up being unable to use an EE spot despite having a kid wanting one and not having one available.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #425
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Recruit Visit Weekend at BYU...let's see if we can solidify everyone...

I just don't want anyone to crash on the Snowmobile ride...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #426
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
In a side note, I will again promise to post some interesting bits on Rivals #1 Nkemdiche's recruitment after NSD.

As some know I have been working/helping a friend out who owns the Clemson Rivals site....and as a result I have been playing reporter and talking to some old friends who are current HS coaches...and wow. This story is plum crazy....James Bond must be involved somewhere.
Awesome... any chance you can encourage Clemson to jump in to the Reuben Foster saga as well... because I'm pretty certain at least one team is violating NCAA rules there.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #427
MrBug708
Head Coach

4* CB Johnny Johnson verbals to UCLA as expected
Old 01-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #428
BishopMVP
Coordinator

LaQuon Treadwell commits to Ole Miss... might as well just light your transcript on fire and pick a JC now.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #429
MrBug708
Head Coach

Top 10 safety Tyler Foreman might have committed too
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #430
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Confirmed on Scout, former Wisky commit Foreman to UCLA. Great weekend so far! Two Top 100 recruits.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #431
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Great weekend for the recruits. BYU had a couple commits and Kearsely is solid.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-20-2013 at 10:55 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #432
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Keegan Hicks was at BYU for an official visit this weekend and had an in home with Mendenhall today.

Thought he was solid?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #433
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Thought he was solid?

My bad it was a rough night....day started at noon with the Sabres and rolled all night...i was feeling good andthought Keegan was some one else
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #434
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Kyrin Priester decommited from State and chose Clemson. This not long after getting a visit from the new staff and then supposedly reconfirming his commitment to State. He then for whatever reason felt it completely necessary to rip State and the new staff in talking to the AJC about the switch. To what end, I'm not sure, but it's naturally got the keyboard jockeys up in arms.

CU Tiger, do you have any info about this? I don't begrudge him the choice (as Chuck Amato said once, "That's life in the fast lane"), but I'm curious as to where the animosity suddenly came from. I know it's a new staff and that the old relationship was severed when O'Brien was fired, but the hostility about it seems unusual.

By the way, for those wondering why O'Brien got the toss, part of it was recruiting. Priester was the only Top 300 player he had managed to recruit for the incoming class (and he was #172--Clemson itself has considerably more players higher than #172 coming to them). Everyone else is either truly or charitably described as three stars at best based on ESPN's rankings.

Last edited by Wolfpack : 01-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #435
MrBug708
Head Coach

USC has offered Eddie Vanderdoes sister a scholarship
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #436
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
He then for whatever reason felt it completely necessary to rip State and the new staff in talking to the AJC about the switch.

Maybe I'm reading a different article, but I didn't think he banged on State all that hard.

Ex-UGA football recruit ... switches to Clemson | College Recruiting | www.ajc.com

This part seems like it accounts for most of his comments, IMO anyway.

Probably the biggest thing in Clemson’s favor was Mike Reed, the Clemson defensive backs coach who was hired from N.C. State. Reed was the assistant who convinced Priester to pledge to N.C. State before coach Tom O’Brien and the rest of the staff were fired on Nov. 26.

I kinda get a sense he didn't care for State going negative in their final contact, but again, that could easily fit into the whole "guys who recruited him in the first place" scenario.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #437
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Kyrin Priester decommited from State and chose Clemson. This not long after getting a visit from the new staff and then supposedly reconfirming his commitment to State. He then for whatever reason felt it completely necessary to rip State and the new staff in talking to the AJC about the switch. To what end, I'm not sure, but it's naturally got the keyboard jockeys up in arms.

CU Tiger, do you have any info about this? I don't begrudge him the choice (as Chuck Amato said once, "That's life in the fast lane"), but I'm curious as to where the animosity suddenly came from. I know it's a new staff and that the old relationship was severed when O'Brien was fired, but the hostility about it seems unusual.

By the way, for those wondering why O'Brien got the toss, part of it was recruiting. Priester was the only Top 300 player he had managed to recruit for the incoming class (and he was #172--Clemson itself has considerably more players higher than #172 coming to them). Everyone else is either truly or charitably described as three stars at best based on ESPN's rankings.

Yes and no....I interviewed Kyrin this weekend.
first he seems like an overall good kid, but a bit naive.

He came to Clemson for their summer camp, fell in love but they were full.

If you've been to clemson's new facilities and compare it with ncsu, it's night and day. Kyrin was blown away by the cu weight room and they players Lounge...it really was an arms race deal.

When Robinson and Jenkins "decomitted" (Robinson was a legit loss, Jenkins was punted once it was determined that Carl Lawson would come without Jenkins) it opened the spot for Priester.....when Reed joined the staff the relationship didn't hurt things.

Kyrin is a good kid, but he will likely get lost in the shuffle at Clemson. He has been sold on playing time at Clemson, but by my count he will be the 6th best WR on campus when he arrives. He is a grit player who works hard, but he is slow, small and athletically outclassed. That said, so was Jerry Rice and to a lesser extent Current Clemson early draft declaree DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins. With his work ethic, he may surprise me and the Clemson coaching staff.

The animosity all stems from the way the new staff handled him. According to him, he contacted the staff to tell them he was going to Clemson for a visit and they went it to full on negative sell mode, including telling Kyrin that Clemson didn't graduate players (despite the fact, that Clemson has lead the NCAA in d1 grad rates for two years running....a fact not lost on Kyrin or his mom) and that he wasn't good enough to play at Clemson ( again maybe this is honesty but he took it badly)...Kyrin told me the only staffer left he like was Reed (he was a huge R
O'brien fan....fwiw..the first f those I've ever encountered) so when the Clemson offer came he jumped.i actually projected him to Clemson a week and. A half ago. (missed projection cost me $500 in the writer pool)

All in all, I like kp a lot as a young man. But I'm not sure if he wouldn't have been better served by sticking with his ncsu commitment, and I suspect he will be a transfer story in two to three years, with the caveat, that he ,ay surprise me strictly though his hard work.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #438
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Notre Dame really exists.

Football Recruit Who Said His Notre Dame Visit "Went Great" Never Actually Visited Campus
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #439
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Notre Dame really exists.

Football Recruit Who Said His Notre Dame Visit "Went Great" Never Actually Visited Campus

I read that entire story, had a half-chuckle and a half-sad head shake ... and only after finishing it did I realize who the kid was ... a RB who plays in our little region (after transferring down from a very bad but much larger school in hopes of dominating the smallest classification)

He's a guy that, at this point, UGA fans (who've seen him play) are hoping finds somewhere else to commit. His motor is very questionable, he's perpetually got some minor injury, his attitude seems suspect ... and now he seems to not exactly be the sharpest tool in the shed either.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #440
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

The animosity all stems from the way the new staff handled him. According to him, he contacted the staff to tell them he was going to Clemson for a visit and they went it to full on negative sell mode, including telling Kyrin that Clemson didn't graduate players (despite the fact, that Clemson has lead the NCAA in d1 grad rates for two years running....a fact not lost on Kyrin or his mom) and that he wasn't good enough to play at Clemson ( again maybe this is honesty but he took it badly)...Kyrin told me the only staffer left he like was Reed

This doesn't sound right.

Everything I can find says that the private schools pretty much dominate graduation rates (Notre Dame, Northwestern, Rice, Duke, BC, Miami, Stanford) with a handful of public schools sprinkled in (Rutgers, Penn State,etc.).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #441
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Clemson's football graduation rate 7th among top 20 teams, No. 16 in FBS »
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #442
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes and no....I interviewed Kyrin this weekend.
first he seems like an overall good kid, but a bit naive.

He came to Clemson for their summer camp, fell in love but they were full.

If you've been to clemson's new facilities and compare it with ncsu, it's night and day. Kyrin was blown away by the cu weight room and they players Lounge...it really was an arms race deal.

When Robinson and Jenkins "decomitted" (Robinson was a legit loss, Jenkins was punted once it was determined that Carl Lawson would come without Jenkins) it opened the spot for Priester.....when Reed joined the staff the relationship didn't hurt things.

Kyrin is a good kid, but he will likely get lost in the shuffle at Clemson. He has been sold on playing time at Clemson, but by my count he will be the 6th best WR on campus when he arrives. He is a grit player who works hard, but he is slow, small and athletically outclassed. That said, so was Jerry Rice and to a lesser extent Current Clemson early draft declaree DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins. With his work ethic, he may surprise me and the Clemson coaching staff.

The animosity all stems from the way the new staff handled him. According to him, he contacted the staff to tell them he was going to Clemson for a visit and they went it to full on negative sell mode, including telling Kyrin that Clemson didn't graduate players (despite the fact, that Clemson has lead the NCAA in d1 grad rates for two years running....a fact not lost on Kyrin or his mom) and that he wasn't good enough to play at Clemson ( again maybe this is honesty but he took it badly)...Kyrin told me the only staffer left he like was Reed (he was a huge R
O'brien fan....fwiw..the first f those I've ever encountered) so when the Clemson offer came he jumped.i actually projected him to Clemson a week and. A half ago. (missed projection cost me $500 in the writer pool)

All in all, I like kp a lot as a young man. But I'm not sure if he wouldn't have been better served by sticking with his ncsu commitment, and I suspect he will be a transfer story in two to three years, with the caveat, that he ,ay surprise me strictly though his hard work.

Thanks. That's a little unfortunate that the new staff felt it necessary to sling mud (especially since they've got no historical grounding here to do something like that). I know negative recruiting is part of the game, but at least prove yourself before you start going after anyone else on those grounds. It'd be pretty doggone embarrassing to come back in five years and find that Doeren is worse at graduating players than Clemson, for example.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #443
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: the Stanley Williams story

So on the one hand we have new quotes where he seems to apologize for the previous (lying) quotes ... and on the other hand we have quotes where he says it was just a misunderstanding & denies telling anyone he was in South Ben.

At some point, it's usually best to just stop digging.

UGA RB commit calls reports about fake Notre Dame visit... | College Recruiting | www.ajc.com
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #444
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Everything I can find says that the private schools pretty much dominate graduation rates (Notre Dame, Northwestern, Rice, Duke, BC, Miami, Stanford) with a handful of public schools sprinkled in (Rutgers, Penn State,etc.).

You know what they say about stats...and I'm telling you what the Clemson coaching staff told Kyrin

I dabos standard is only counting players who stayed in school at least four years and then counting back come back grads...I've seen the stats and they confuse me...lol most 17 year olds don't care and most mamas just hear "my baby is king t graduate there"

Which with vickery hall if you are a as at Clemson and fail you have to try...believe I did and still couldn't
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #445
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

I thought during the title game ND even said they were number one.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #446
MrBug708
Head Coach

USC has Pat Haden out recruiting for them. He was at Eddie Vanderdoes' sister's basketball game, sitting with the family.

It was also known that Eddie was going to visit UCLA unofficially after his OV to USC and since he wasn't flying in, would be able to do that. USC sent a car to drive them from Auburn, Ca to USC. 422 miles.

USC is also hemorrhaging recruits right now.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #447
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC still has 4 of the top 12 recruits, 10 of the top 60, and 11 of the top 100. The class is going to have a higher ranking than it does now come signing day...
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #448
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC still has 4 of the top 12 recruits, 10 of the top 60, and 11 of the top 100. The class is going to have a higher ranking than it does now come signing day...

And Kiffie will still manage to fuck it up.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #449
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Kearsely is supposed to announce where he is going today from what I gather...According to him it's BYU and Anae solidified him..but that was last week. Let's see where his heart is today.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #450
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

And possibly 1 lone player on the OL/DL, depending on if UW flips Falah and Bigelow doesn't get his eligibility sorted out