Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #401
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Typical pussy ass post from this panty waste. Have a little respect of get the fuck out of the country as you sure as hell don't deserve to live here.

I totally agree. One of more crappy posts I have seen here.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #402
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I totally agree. One of more crappy posts I have seen here.
Compounded by this problem
Quote:
Sorry Sun Tzu is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #403
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Some people who's lives are dedicated to killing other people just recently died?

Totally unfair. That dog didn't deserve that
This is just trolling, plain and simple. And this guy is a repeat offender. Couldn't keep himself from posting Nazi imagery back in the day, and can't keep himself from trolling today. I recall another fairly recent incident with this dude as well. Braggadocious, if I promised you that I'd keep your identity concealed when I let you back in (don't remember if I did or not,) I do not apologize for revealing it now. You've done nothing to deserve me keeping your identity hidden. You have six months to re-evaluate if you can refrain yourself from trolling.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #404
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I tend to agree.. I can't be much more anti war than I am, but I doubt 99.9% of the members of our military joined in order to "go kill some people".

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #405
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I tend to agree.. I can't be much more anti war than I am, but I doubt 99.9% of the members of our military joined in order to "go kill some people".

This. That was an uncalled for post by Sun Tzu...and a deserved result.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #406
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This. That was an uncalled for post by Sun Tzu...and a deserved result.

+1 and good riddance...
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #407
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
+1 and good riddance...

+1,000,000
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #408
Edward64
Head Coach

It'll give him time to protest the funerals.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #409
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
+1,000,000

+++
+--
--+

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #410
Buccaneer
Head Coach

+2 and good riddance. I think everyone knew that was Braggg but dude always has been unstable.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #411
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Let's get back to ignoring him and discussing the topic at hand if we can. Would hate to see this derailed.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #412
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Crashes are legitimate causes of military deaths, an all too common one. That said, not every "crash" is a "crash" .
A friend of the family who had tours in Iraq talked to us about his time at a July 4th BBQ last month. He said out of all the stuff they encountered, the scariest part was riding in the choppers. Just so many things that could go wrong and were out of your control. I guess there are a lot of minor crashes where people get injured too.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #413
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
A friend of the family who had tours in Iraq talked to us about his time at a July 4th BBQ last month. He said out of all the stuff they encountered, the scariest part was riding in the choppers. Just so many things that could go wrong and were out of your control. I guess there are a lot of minor crashes where people get injured too.

I wish we were spending a bigger part of our defense budget on these copters then. I mean I've listened to budget hearings, I know the kind of money we throw into system after system, overhaul of this, new line of planes, ships, etc. It seems like a fraction of that money into helicopter technology would pay big dividends.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #414
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't think the choppers are bad, I just think it's tough to fly in an unknown environment with harsh weather conditions. Not to mention people shooting at you. They don't have the luxury of civilian choppers here who can say "well the weather isn't all that great, lets wait till things clear up".
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #415
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It should also be noted that they're flying choppers at higher altitudes in most of that area. The lift on choppers is exponentially reduced as the altitude increases, giving much less room for error if something does go wrong.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #416
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Compounded by this problem

I just want to know how, if Ben knew who he was, he ever got made a moderator in the first place.

I mean, given his history, that's a serious clean-up job on his image. I don't think Bragg is capable of that, and I wouldn't expect Ben to be THAT naive.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #417
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Can someone give me the history of Bragg?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #418
Ben E Lou

He was just a mod of NCAA forum. They evidently need several over there to sticky stuff and whatnot. None of those mods have any cp access or even any real authority.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #419
Ben E Lou

(That was to Sack.)
Old 08-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #420
SackAttack
Head Coach

Understood, Ben. That makes more sense.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #421
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I've been fairly vocal in my disent of many of your past decisions and your general management style in general, but in the sake of fairness this v you got 100% right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
This is just trolling, plain and simple. And this guy is a repeat offender. Couldn't keep himself from posting Nazi imagery back in the day, and can't keep himself from trolling today. I recall another fairly recent incident with this dude as well. Braggadocious, if I promised you that I'd keep your identity concealed when I let you back in (don't remember if I did or not,) I do not apologize for revealing it now. You've done nothing to deserve me keeping your identity hidden. You have six months to re-evaluate if you can refrain yourself from trolling.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #422
Autumn
Head Coach

I understand that the helicopters are being operated in dangerous conditions and in a dangerous manner. But just like uparmoring the Humvees in Iraq become a big priority, I would like to see improving the helicopters be a large priority. We spend billions and billions of dollars on systems that are a decade past deadline, 100x the original budget, and will never have anywhere near the impact that keeping our helicopters in the air would. I feel like if we did a study of the past 20 years of military deaths the percentage of helicopter crashes would be huge.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #423
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ben has gotten a lot of shit in the past for boxing decisions, but he is spot on with this one, well done sir
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #424
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- and how dare you Sun Szu/ Bragg be critical of the deaths of those young men who provide you with the blanket of freedom you have, so that you have the rights to make the statement you just made. It is an insult to those young men, as well as any soldier who has given his life, and you should be ashamed.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #425
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- and how dare you Sun Szu/ Bragg be critical of the deaths of those young men who provide you with the blanket of freedom you have, so that you have the rights to make the statement you just made. It is an insult to those young men, as well as any soldier who has given his life, and you should be ashamed.

Well said.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #426
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Why do you guys/gals let someones thoughts give you such grief?! I read Szu's comments - said to myself what an asshat - and moved on. I don't agree with 99.5% of the boxing - IMO, only boxing should be if someone is spamming.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #427
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. officials say the Navy SEALs and other troops lost in Saturday's helicopter crash in Afghanistan had rushed to the area to help fellow U.S. troops under fire.

The officials say the SEALs had responded to a request by U.S. Army Rangers who were taking heavy fire after going after a target.

One of the officials says the SEALs had completed their mission, subduing the attackers, and were departing in a U.S. Army Chinook helicopter when it was apparently hit by rocket-propelled grenade fire.

The other official said that the Rangers, special operations forces who work regularly with the SEALs, secured the crash site afterward. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the event while the investigation remains ongoing.

The SEAL mission was first reported by CNN.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #428
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Why do you guys/gals let someones thoughts give you such grief?! I read Szu's comments - said to myself what an asshat - and moved on. I don't agree with 99.5% of the boxing - IMO, only boxing should be if someone is spamming.

+1
Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #429
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I don't think anybody's losing sleep over it but we're only human. Rotten people can cause some annoyance. You're right, it's better to just move on - but don't make the mistake of exagerating the "grief" that causes one to respond with a couple of message board posts. It's really not that big a deal to express that sentiment of displeasure and hit "post." (You're basically doing the same here, but for even a lesser "evil" - someone expressing their displeasure...maybe you should "move on" from that, and the boxings? - if posting is indeed some sort of expression of "grief".)

Last edited by molson : 08-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #430
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'd posit he did spam. It's not like it was a single bad post buried amongst tons of ok ones. He pretty much just posts torrents of garbage that generally spawn stupid off topic arguments(even now...). He's like a completely oblivious HA.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #431
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think we're dwelling on it in part because usually we're critical of Ben's modding decisions, and everyone wants to chime in and "pat him on the back" for this one and let him know that he got it "right" in our opinion?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #432
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think we're dwelling on it in part because usually we're critical of Ben's modding decisions, and everyone wants to chime in and "pat him on the back" for this one and let him know that he got it "right" in our opinion?

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #433
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Now that deserves a big +1. Thanks CBF. Couldn't have said it better.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #434
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I have had my spats with him in the past but I am not sure if this warrants a boxing. Pretty much felt how CBF felt to be honest.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #435
Danny
Head Coach

Yep, good boxing. Sun Tzu went even further this time, but it seems 90% of his posts are trolling, whether direct or passive aggressive.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #436
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I see your point, but I think you are overstating the amount of "grief" this actually caused anyone.

FOFC is an exceptionally unique place with regards the the level of intimacy among posters. Many of us know details of each others lives even though we never have and will never meet in person. If we truly allowed "free speech" and had an anything goes system, this place would quickly become the cesspool that 99.9% of other internet forums are. While I don't agree with all of Bens decisions, I think overall the modding makes it a better place.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #437
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I understand that the helicopters are being operated in dangerous conditions and in a dangerous manner. But just like uparmoring the Humvees in Iraq become a big priority, I would like to see improving the helicopters be a large priority. We spend billions and billions of dollars on systems that are a decade past deadline, 100x the original budget, and will never have anywhere near the impact that keeping our helicopters in the air would. I feel like if we did a study of the past 20 years of military deaths the percentage of helicopter crashes would be huge.

I don't think military helicopters are ever really going to be safe compared to other equipment. They have to fly closer to the ground where changes in the terrain can cause issues such as the Osama raid, and that terrain can't be used for defense well like ground vehicles. On top of that, ground to air weaponry is usually designed with shooting down jet aircraft in mind. If my SAM is designed to shoot down A-10 Warthogs or old F-14's, shooting down a helicopter should be comparatively easy and well within its capabilities. If you load up the armor, it isn't as maneuverable, and so on.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #438
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's a lifetime asshat achievement award. I wasn't offended by his statement, but that's mostly because I don't put any credence or importance into anything he posts anymore.

He's probably a good guy "in real life", but he sucks at posting on a message board, especially one as old and tight as this one. He deserves the boxing this time. I hope he finally "gets it" after this, but I highly doubt it.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #439
Rizon
Pro Starter

My brother-in-law is a helicopter mechanic in the Royal Canadian Air Force. I guess the entire helicopter crew sticks with the same helicopter .. pilots, mechanics. They essentially fly only one helicopter and the mechanics only work on this one helicopter. I think he's been with the same helicopter for 12 years. Wherever it goes, he goes. Recently it was sent to Afghanistan and he did a 6-month tour. He was telling us the problems they've had with sand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #440
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
My brother-in-law is a helicopter mechanic in the Royal Canadian Air Force. I guess the entire helicopter crew sticks with the same helicopter .. pilots, mechanics. They essentially fly only one helicopter and the mechanics only work on this one helicopter. I think he's been with the same helicopter for 12 years. Wherever it goes, he goes. Recently it was sent to Afghanistan and he did a 6-month tour. He was telling us the problems they've had with sand.

That's because the RCAF only has one helicopter :P

Just kidding, that's actually a pretty cool story.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #441
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It is a great loss. I just wanted to provide this link. The loss of the SEALS seemed to create the biggest part of the story, however, this boy, who's dad was the pilot, wanted to point out the others who were lost.

His dad was nine days from leave.

Kansas boy wants the world to recognize his fallen father - CNN.com
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #442
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
It is a great loss. I just wanted to provide this link. The loss of the SEALS seemed to create the biggest part of the story, however, this boy, who's dad was the pilot, wanted to point out the others who were lost.

His dad was nine days from leave.

Kansas boy wants the world to recognize his fallen father - CNN.com
Yup, great point. We shouldn't forget the others.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #443
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
He was just a mod of NCAA forum. They evidently need several over there to sticky stuff and whatnot. None of those mods have any cp access or even any real authority.

I can affirm that I have in fact no authority.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #444
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, pictures and short bios of some of the fallen.

Photos of the Fallen: Americans shot down in Afghanistan - Pictures | WJLA.com
Old 08-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #445
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Man, a lot of local KC area guys in that list.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #446
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

I am always reminded when reading about the Navy Seals and those who are Navy Seals that as much as I wish and think that maybe I could do the physical/mental work to be one, I don't stand a chance. Just looking at pictures, and reading about those who are Navy Seals, who am I kidding.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #447
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Reports are coming in that the group of Taliban that attacked the copter have been tracked down and eliminated.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #448
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Reports are coming in that the group of Taliban that attacked the copter have been tracked down and eliminated.

Did they dispose of their remains at sea also?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #449
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but the revenge kill on the "people responsible" story really caused me to majorly roll my eyes. It just seemed like a desperate leak that was created to bolster support for the war.

I'm just not buying it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #450
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Did they dispose of their remains at sea also?