Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #401
henry296
College Starter

Breaking News on ESPNews: Javon Walker may miss season (ACL)... only on 1 of my fantasy teams.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #402
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Important rule you should have asked me about before you picked your team. Do NOT depend on Packer players to hold up your fantasy team. Just can't count on what they will do, or what player will stand out if any do.

well fortunately i am deep (?) at RB with quality. Edge, Ahman and Kevin Jones. So I'll most likely just elevate Jones. I feel like I have another RB but i can't remember right now and ESPN FF is having access troubles...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #403
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Breaking News on ESPNews: Javon Walker may miss season (ACL)... only on 1 of my fantasy teams.

It didn't look good...

The Packers offense, while not all that impressive with Walker, they really looked at a loss without him. Almost toothless.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #404
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296

Great, just great. A 4th round pick shot before I even get a full game out of it
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #405
Easy Mac

Should have been in camp more
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #406
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Damn, now I'm glad I passed on him! The lack of time in camp may have definetly hurt him.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #407
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Should have been in camp more

Walker did not miss any time in camp
Old 09-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #408
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

How did the injury occur?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #409
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Walker will miss the rest of the season, not just 'may'.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker is expected to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, coach Mike Sherman confirmed after the team’s 17-3 loss to the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

Walker caught a deep pass from Brett Favre and was tackled by Lions cornerback Fernando Bryant midway through the third quarter.

He suffered what Sherman described as a torn ACL.

edit: undola

Last edited by Cringer : 09-11-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #410
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
How did the injury occur?

Long pass he pushed off on. He caught it but Kenoy Kennedy dove so top a TD and got him low. Looked harmless.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #411
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Long pass he pushed off on. He caught it but Kenoy Kennedy dove so top a TD and got him low. Looked harmless.

If you mean harmless in that it looked legal, then yeah. But you could see his leg bending at the knee in a bad way. It wasn't nasty looking though, so I wasn't thinking it would be this bad.

Pushed off?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #412
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Not that it matters, but I thought it was Holt.

It looked very harmless.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #413
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Pushed off?
Yes. Javon Walker comitted pass interference on that play. There was a flag, a 10 yard penalty, and everything. He pushed off. The Packers comitted a great many penalties in that game, so I wouldn't blame anyone if they happened to miss one or two.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 09-11-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #414
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
keep track of how many times this year you say "fucking Bledsoe" about fumbles, stupid INT's...bad sacks. Otherwise you'll literally lose count.

yes...it's that bad.

I suspect an awful lot of Cowboys fans are eating some serious parchment right about now.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #415
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Yes. Javon Walker comitted pass interference on that play. There was a flag, a 10 yard penalty, and everything. He pushed off. The Packers comitted a great many penalties in that game, so I wouldn't blame anyone if they happened to miss one or two.

Thats right. My bad. And yes, with all those penalties it is easy to forget which play had one and which one didn't. We need a head coach with higher discipline rating.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #416
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Not that it matters, but I thought it was Holt.

It looked very harmless.

You're right it was Holt.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:14 PM   #417
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Thats right. My bad. And yes, with all those penalties it is easy to forget which play had one and which one didn't. We need a head coach with higher discipline rating.

Agreed. Though I felt pretty bad for Carroll. I think he comitted some of the penalties he got flagged for, but not all. The man must just have a horrible reputation in the league. He gets flagged for everything.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #418
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. Though I felt pretty bad for Carroll. I think he comitted some of the penalties he got flagged for, but not all. The man must just have a horrible reputation in the league. He gets flagged for everything.

oi. Carroll, he will have his good and bad moments for a while. Hopefully he breaks out of it as the season goes on. I won't bet on it though......
Old 09-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #419
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
You're right it was Holt.

Things just happen around this guy. Walker gets hurt. Kennedy intercepts the ball, it flies into the air and right into Holt's hands. He picks off the pass in the endzone. It's ood.

I found the ruling on Kennedy odd. I'd bet dollars to donuts that if Holt hadn't caught the ball out of mid air and it had hit the turf, they would have ruled that an incomplete pass. As called, however, it was an interception by Kennedy, a fumble, and a fumble recovery by Holt.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #420
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Things just happen around this guy. Walker gets hurt. Kennedy intercepts the ball, it flies into the air and right into Holt's hands. He picks off the pass in the endzone. It's ood.

I found the ruling on Kennedy odd. I'd bet dollars to donuts that if Holt hadn't caught the ball out of mid air and it had hit the turf, they would have ruled that an incomplete pass. As called, however, it was an interception by Kennedy, a fumble, and a fumble recovery by Holt.

I totally agree. Holt reminds me A LOT of Ron Rice. Not the most talented but he just makes it work, like Rice did, who just so happened to be honorary captain today, ha. I love Holt though.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #421
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

:Wonders who the Pack has left in their Wr stable:
Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #422
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: Willie Parker: Birth of a Legend or We'll see?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #423
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
:Wonders who the Pack has left in their Wr stable:

Not much. They only had 4 WRs dressed going into the game...
Old 09-11-2005, 10:47 PM   #424
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Packers WR's left...Driver, Ferguson (who I was not happy with today), Chatman (the little engine that could....well, he tries anyways), and I am pretty sure te #5 guy is rookie Terrance Murphy. They will have to sign someone to replace Walker for the rest of te year.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #425
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Packers WR's left...Driver, Ferguson (who I was not happy with today), Chatman (the little engine that could....well, he tries anyways), and I am pretty sure te #5 guy is rookie Terrance Murphy. They will have to sign someone to replace Walker for the rest of te year.
: Somewhere Jerry Rice is running the hills:
Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #426
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Well, Koren Robinson is still out there as is Troy Edwards and Freddie Mitchel. Oh yeah, David Kircus too.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #427
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, Koren Robinson is still out there as is Troy Edwards and Freddie Mitchel. Oh yeah, David Kircus too.
Actually Koren was picked up by the Vikings.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #428
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui

He was 'cut'.

Quote:
Vikings | K. Robinson Cut - Temporarily
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:09:57 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have released WR Koren Robinson, but only for the weekend. He was one of several vested veterans league wide who were released Saturday, Sept. 10, for salary cap and payroll purposes. Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, a vested veteran, a player with four or more seasons accrued toward the NFL pension plan, is guaranteed his full base salary for the year if he is on an opening-day roster. To avoid the guarantee, teams often release fringe vested players before the start of the season, then re-sign them after the opener. He is expected to be re-signed next week.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #429
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

And then cut on Saturday, presumably to be reisgned tomorrow. But technically he is available.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #430
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Edited to avoid a "pile on" situation.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 09-11-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:09 PM   #431
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And so why do you think Koren is 'out there' for Green Bay to pick up? There was a reason Koren went with the Vikings in the first place.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #432
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
And so why do you think Koren is 'out there' for Green Bay to pick up? There was a reason Koren went with the Vikings in the first place.
Well, perhaps the Packers will make a push for the guy. There is now a need, where last week there was none. Maybe Koren wasn't happy he was cut. Who knows? Granted, the odds he'll just re-sign with the Vikings tomorrow (or already has) are probably pretty good, but he is certainly "out there" as in a "free agent available to sign with any team he so chooses."

Things change... People change... Interest rates fluctuate...

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 09-11-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #433
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is Antonio Freeman still around?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #434
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic

Does it come to that?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #435
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There's also Scottie Vines. He was with the Packers (no idea if he actually ever played in a regular season game for them) a year or so ago. He played for the Lions last year. He's not a bad receiver. He has decent size. He was in the last rounds of cuts for the Lions. I guess he could be an option as well.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #436
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Does it come to that?

It must.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #437
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Well, perhaps the Packers will make a push for the guy. There is now a need, where last week there was none. Maybe Koren wasn't happy he was cut. Who knows? Granted, the odds he'll just re-sign with the Vikings tomorrow (or already has) are probably pretty good, but he is certainly "out there" as in a "free agent available to sign with any team he so chooses."

Things change... People change... Instrest rates fluctuate...

Agreed. Maybe Green Bay steps up now and offers more money than Minnesota. Maybe they guarantee his salary. Maybe they give him some incentive bonuses, etc...
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #438
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I would prefer the Packers pass on Koren Robinson. He has problems.....
Old 09-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #439
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

KU graduate Brandon Rideau is on the Browns' practice squad I found out today. He had 50 yards in his last preseason game. Grab him

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #440
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic

I hear Sterling Sharpe is on the NFL Network

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #441
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Finally found who is on the Packer's practice squad. I would think one of these guys may get first shot....

- WR/KR Craig Bragg (6-1, 195, rookie, UCLA)
- WR Chad Lucas (6-1, 201, first year, Alabama State)
Old 09-12-2005, 05:40 AM   #442
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well anyone have some good special teams players for my beloved Cards? Or better yet a Special Teams coach? 2 returns for TD's....argh.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #443
Butter
Coordinator

Carson Palmer, bitches! I know it was only against the Browns, but the Bengals have the Vikes and the Bears upcoming, both of whom looked horrific yesterday.... 3-0 start?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:01 AM   #444
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Dola: Willie Parker: Birth of a Legend or We'll see?

Something tells me the Steelers have the same type of running game success that the Broncos have (had), only it's not so public because their coach isn't a genius like Shanahan (I'm starting to lose my patience with Shanahan, in case you can't tell). I think they could put one of a number of guys back there, and they'd all do just fine.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #445
Blackadar
Retired

All I know is that I've been telling my friends about Fast Willie Parker for the past few weeks. He was great in Preseason last year, ran for over 100 yards against a Buffalo team the last week of the season last year and blew people away this year in Preseason again.

I don't know if he'll continue to do it or withstand the punishment of an NFL season, but he's a major weapon with very little wear on his tires.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #446
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
All I know is that I've been telling my friends about Fast Willie Parker for the past few weeks. He was great in Preseason last year, ran for over 100 yards against a Buffalo team the last week of the season last year and blew people away this year in Preseason again.

I don't know if he'll continue to do it or withstand the punishment of an NFL season, but he's a major weapon with very little wear on his tires.

I am kind of interested in hearing NFL Radio tonigh when I take off for work. The Afternoon Blitz guy, Adam Shein, was ripping the Steelers last week. Said this guy couldn't be any good or he wouldn't have been the #3, said Pittsburgh was going to suck, and then backed it up by picking the Titans to win the game. Schmuck......
Old 09-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #447
rkmsuf
Head Coach

How anyone could pick the Titans there is baffling. Ten will be lucky to win 4 games this season.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #448
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Kris Jenkins tore his ACL, too
Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #449
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like Kris Jenkins tore his ACL, too

Damn SI cover jinx.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #450
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Carson Palmer, bitches! I know it was only against the Browns, but the Bengals have the Vikes and the Bears upcoming, both of whom looked horrific yesterday.... 3-0 start?

Don't tease me like that!

BTW, great news Cardinals fans: Kurt Warner's 11 rushing yards is currently your individual team leader!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote