Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
I sure would miss little Coolroy then.

But he tastes just like chicken!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #402
kingfc22
Head Coach

When I got to work this morning we already had people in line waiting for tomorrow. The 3 guys said they had been there since 7 am!!! By the time I left, we had a line of about 75 people. Crazy.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:45 PM   #403
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
When I got to work this morning we already had people in line waiting for tomorrow. The 3 guys said they had been there since 7 am!!! By the time I left, we had a line of about 75 people. Crazy.

What store?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #404
kingfc22
Head Coach

Best Buy
Old 11-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #405
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I was at Wal-Mart at about 7:30pm here in Greensburg, and there were about 8 people camped out in the electronics section. If I had felt like waiting, I'm pretty sure I would've come home with an XBox 360 tonight. Of course, as discussed earlier in the thread, I wouldn't be allowed to play with it until Christmas, so I'll just let my wife head out to Best Buy tomorrow morning. It'll probably be sold out, but it's worth a shot.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

According to Gamespot, College Hoops 2k6 is coming out for the Xbox360 (but not until the end of December or Early January.) That will likely be my 3rd game purchased for it (I hope to get Madden and NBA 2k6 on launch tomorrow.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 PM   #407
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
Hey SackAttack, would you of really expected Windows XP machines NOT to of supported Windows 98 programs?

No, but what you're asking is to play Windows XP games on Windows 98 not the other way around. There's no way they could have forseen the X360 architecture 5 years ago when they were making the Xbox.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #408
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
No, but what you're asking is to play Windows XP games on Windows 98 not the other way around. There's no way they could have forseen the X360 architecture 5 years ago when they were making the Xbox.

SI

I dunno. It sounded like he was griping about the difficulty with backwards commpatibility, not with the fact that Xbox 360 games do not play on legacy Xboxes.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #409
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I dunno. It sounded like he was griping about the difficulty with backwards commpatibility, not with the fact that Xbox 360 games do not play on legacy Xboxes.
Correct.

I was actually wanting to know if I could play the new xbox game The Warriors on the 360. I wanted to buy Gotham racing and The Warriors when I purchased the 360.

Last edited by WrongWay : 11-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #410
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, that was GWB who asked about that. My bad.

SI

Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #411
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
Correct.

I was actually wanting to know if I could play the new xbox game The Warriors on the 360. I wanted to buy Gotham racing and The Warriors when I purchased the 360.

Eventually you'll be able to. Not at launch, unfortunately, but as popular as that game has proven, I'd be surprised if it's not in the first wave of additions.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #412
dervack
College Prospect

Hey don't feel bad. Conker's Live and Reloaded, a 1st Party title, isn't on the list yet.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 AM   #413
dervack
College Prospect

Dola,

Just got home with my system, but after being up the last 23 hours, I think it's going to sit until tomorow afternoon.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 AM   #414
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I didn't get one.. the wal mart here was raffling them off.. since over 200 people were there.. my # got called right as they ran out of premiums.. (no way in hell will i get a core system)

I gave my winning ticket to a guy who spent the past two hours talking to me about how his son was coming back from iraq and told his dad thats all he wanted for christmas.. and that he didn't care which one it was..

Regardless of whether or not the story is true.. i feel better

Last edited by Ragone : 11-22-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #415
SackAttack
Head Coach

Finally got some Live time in now that some other folks have 'em.

For some reason I'm getting a persistent echo when I use the headset. I really hope that's just my connection being retarded and not some sort of compatibility issue between the headset and the wireless controller.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:33 AM   #416
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I did a search on ebay to see what the Premium Bundle system are going for: In the range of $750 - $1,200 - maybe it would have been worth getting in line to resell one of the bad boys!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #417
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If I got one I'd be reselling it. These are going to be very limited before Christmas, could probably sell them to rich parents for 700+ a pop and then buy another after christmas.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #418
Kodos
Resident Alien

Saw a big line outside of Best Buy on the way to work this morning. Hope it's worth it, folks.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #419
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Saw a big line outside of Best Buy on the way to work this morning. Hope it's worth it, folks.

So.. I got up at 3:00 AM.. stood in line at our local K-mart.. (I was the only one there). took me exactly 5 minutes to think to myself.. What the fuck am I doing here.. at 3:30 in the morning to get a game system. Took me 5 minutes to get back home and crawl into bed.

I'll get one when I can walk into the store and get one in the next month and a half.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #420
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
So.. I got up at 3:00 AM.. stood in line at our local K-mart.. (I was the only one there). took me exactly 5 minutes to think to myself.. What the fuck am I doing here.. at 3:30 in the morning to get a game system. Took me 5 minutes to get back home and crawl into bed.

I'll get one when I can walk into the store and get one in the next month and a half.

well done.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #421
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'll be heading to Best Buy shortly...to get the new System of a Down. I hope I don't have to wait in a 30 minute line to buy a CD.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #422
STK
H.S. Freshman Team

6:00AM trip to Walmart - 32 units sold out within 5 minutes of midnight, they said.
7:30AM trip to Target#1 - they started handing out tickets. 16 in all. I was 25th in line or so.
7:45AM drove by Best Buy - must've been 100+ people in line wrapped around the building.
8:00AM arrive at Target#2 - too late to get a ticket.

I give up. ;-)
STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #423
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

You could always pay the 1,000+ they're going for on ebay.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #424
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche
You could always pay the 1,000+ they're going for on ebay.

That's what my buddy is doing with his preordered system from GameStop.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #425
Kodos
Resident Alien

I know capitalism is a fine system and all. But I think buying a system with the sole intent of gouging people like that is wrong. I'm sure many disagree. Just giving my 2 cents.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #426
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know capitalism is a fine system and all. But I think buying a system with the sole intent of gouging people like that is wrong. I'm sure many disagree. Just giving my 2 cents.

I can't call it gouging considering the Xbox 360 is not necessary for life.. Can't blame someone for getting it and reselling it to make a tidy sum of cash... Even if you were waiting for this for personal use months ago. Like someone earlier said, hard to tell a college student you can either keep it now or sell it and get it again in 60 days with 15 free games.

Right now, sucks if you are really wanting one for yourself but, these things aren't always going to go for $1,200.... Then the people that bought one for that much are going to feel pretty stupid when they walk into Best Buy and see a pallet of 360's... (but of course there are those people that spending $1,000 is no different than me spending $10 so.. what do they care)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #427
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, an XBox ain't exactly water, ice, or a hotel room after a hurricane. IMO, people who would pay that much are paying extra for (a) the opportunity to buy the system, which they might not have had if they decided to buy it on their own, and (b) the convenience of someone else doing all the work. You're willingly allowing a second (or third or fourth) middleman into the chain of distribution, so of course you can expect the price to increase.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #428
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Im almost wondering if it would be worthwhile to get 3-4 pre orders for the ps3 when i comes out....figure you may even be able to sell 3 and get yours for "free". If there isnt a good enough market, you can always return it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #429
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:

You're not the only one. And to think, the place I pre-ordered from screwed up, and I still have $374 to spend in credit even after buying my system.

Last edited by dervack : 11-22-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #430
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:

In all honesty, I'd probably do the same thing... except that I'm pretty much too damn lazy to bother with the whole process of picking up the system, and putting it on eBay. From what I was told (correct me if I'm wrong), the X360 is released only in the U.S. for right now, and not overseas? I'd be led to believe that there's probably some folks overseas who want a piece of the X360 beforehand... which, I would assume, is where eBay comes into play.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #431
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Im almost wondering if it would be worthwhile to get 3-4 pre orders for the ps3 when i comes out....figure you may even be able to sell 3 and get yours for "free". If there isnt a good enough market, you can always return it.

I think it'll get to the point (if not there already) where you'll see more purchased for that reason than people actually buying the system for themselves.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #432
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It really depends on the launch. I remember people doing that ahead of the PSP and then it selling for maybe $50 more and a lot of people left with no gain because the supply exceeded demand.

SI

Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #433
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
It really depends on the launch. I remember people doing that ahead of the PSP and then it selling for maybe $50 more and a lot of people left with no gain because the supply exceeded demand.

SI

If that's true, bravo.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #434
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan how much did it cost you for the premium system?

and how much was the accessiories?

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-22-2005 at 10:53 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #435
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I went to 3 stores today looking for a few accessories (a circuit city, a best buy, and a CompUSA.) All 3 of them claimed people were waiting in line starting at about 2-5 PM yesterday afternoon. It was cold outside last night and apparently people slept at all 3 stores. Glad I got my pre-order. I'll post more impressions in a few days, but so far I'm very impressed with the graphics of Madden on the Xbox 360. I also am very happy with the premium system which had a nice combination of accessories.

I couldn't find the plug and play (the battery charger) at any of the stores, but I found all of the other accessories I wanted to get including the wireless internet adapter and a wired controller (since I couldn't find the charger.)

Anyway, I didn't get to play much today since Mrs. Eaglesfan was off work early and we spent quality time together, but I'm looking forward to play quite a bit this upcoming long weekend.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #436
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I was in best buy today to buy a new movie.. (War of the Worlds.. was buying it today regardless). I half jokingly asked the cashier if the question of the day was when the next 360 shipment would be in.. She told me mid-February that they would get another 36 units.

Umm.. I think I'll call BS on that one. 3 months to get more units in? ummm.. yaaa... right.

Oh, she also added "It's going to be popular and hard to find"
Old 11-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #437
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

I couldn't find the plug and play (the battery charger) at any of the stores, but I found all of the other accessories I wanted to get including the wireless internet adapter and a wired controller (since I couldn't find the charger.)

Bestbuy.com is where I ordered mine. It originally said it was backordered for the week of dec.2 or something, but it shipped today, and will be here next Monday, which is when I figured I would need it anyway. I like the system so far, Madden is cool, PDZ is awesome, I just have to get used to the controls of the game. Also, the 360 helped me learn something new about my TV today, so that was a plus.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 AM   #438
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I changed my mind and will post just a few quick thoughts about Madden from playing 4 games with 5 minute quarters:

First the negatives:

1. I don't mind that Tony Bruno, the papers, the email, and the mini-games are missing from franchise mode. I would have liked to have had them in the game, but I won't miss them that much (they eventually became repetitive IMO.) However, I think it is terrible that there is NO practice mode anywhere in the game! Unless, I'm missing something, there is no way to do a simple scrimmage, work on learning the controls, etc.

2. I do miss not having challenges. I threw an interception that I thought was a trap (which will come back up in the positives.)

3. The AI does have some funky clock management at times (could this be coach specific?) However, the AI also sometimes does a great job of running the ball with a lead and working the clock late in the game.

4. I wish they could have gotten permission to use the names of the record holders for various statistics.

5. As far as I can tell, there is no accelerated clock feature in this version of the game. Not a big deal now, when I'm fascinated by every little cut scene, but IF I get tired of the cutscenes, this will become an annoyance. Then again, I'm having trouble getting plays off without a delay of game now..

There are probably some others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Now, the positives:

1. From my very early impressions, stats seem to be much more realistic with all-pro defaults. No more outrageous pancake numbers. Rushing averages have been very believable in my first few games. I ran well with Westbrook against the 49ers as long as I stayed away from Peterson. I had a much tougher time running against Pittsburgh. I was able to run reasonably well against NE. Cody Pickett only completed about 50% of his passes against me while Brady hit almost 70%. Could have been a fluke from a small sample size, but this was very encouraging to me.

2) I love that the downloaded rosters have very nice depth charts for everyone. T.O is basically inactive for the Eagles (although I could activate him IF I wanted to do so. but his morale is very poor.) McNabb is somewhat slower in this game than in previous versions (or at least it seems that way to me.)

3. It's going to take time to get used to the controls, but once I do, I think I will love them. The juke button by default is "A" and the right trigger is sprint. That will take time, but I think it will make running easier once I get used to it.

4. The variety of animations that I've already seen is astounding compared to previous versions. I've had some extremely cool plays such as Westbrook hurtling a down defender in a very realistic fashion, WR's diving and trapping the ball, DB's diving and trapping the ball. Many many more possibilities of animation on any one play. Speaking of which, I'm seeing more overthrown and underthrown balls than any previous version.

5. The playcalling system is confusing at first, but I'm already adjusting to it and find it to be very well executed.

6. The presentation is definitely a big step up. In game the announcer might be a weak point, but everything else is very well done so far. Also, I love the record book which keeps Single game, season, and career stats for a wide variety of records.

7. The stat tracking for all 30 years and all of the players who ever played is going to be nice and something I think I'll enjoy.

8. Finally, there are good punt returns, bad punt returns, good kickoff returns, bad kickoff returns. The lack of a return game was probably my biggest complaint in the Xbox version of Madden 06, and that happily is resolved in this version.

9. Oh yeah, I love that you can set Sub-in and sub-out percentages for each position rather than just one setting for the whole team. Also, the play calling screen does an excellent job of showing how fatigued the offensive players are (for some reason it doesn't do the same bar graphs for the defensive players, but does show their color changes.) Speaking of which, players seem to fatigue more realistically. I can't pound Westbrook between the tackles too much without needing to sub him off.

10. Finally, the receivers really seem to fight for the ball. However, defenders play well without being superhuman. I have a good secondary and we shut Pickett down well, but Brady torched us. I had good games with McNabb against SF and NE (not good enough to win unfortunately) but had a rough time because of poor decisions against Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, the interception percentages seem to be much more realistic on default All-Pro than in previous versions. I had 0 interceptions in 2 of my games and 1 interception in my 3rd game. Pickett threw 2 interceptions against me, Brady none, and Ben threw none.

Overall, my early impressions are that I'm quite pleased with the game. I'm looking forward to playing more tomorrow and testing out to see what the draft looks like, and then starting a franchise. I don't think that this game alone makes it worth picking up an Xbox 360, but I do think I'm going to enjoy it. However, we'll see how it holds up over the next weeks and months.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:38 AM   #439
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

We had tons of accessories in at work by the time I got in, and I was able to pick up a charge and play kit. Made me very happy, because I was afraid it was going to be a week or two before I could.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:55 AM   #440
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks EF! I've read that NBA 2k6 looks unreal and maybe the best game so far for the 360 next to PGR 3.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 AM   #441
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I still don't have one. I was like 15 minutes too late yesterday all over the place.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #442
jbmagic
Pro Starter

EAGLEFAN27

when you get a chance can you do a first impression for nba 2k6 too.

thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #443
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I still don't have one. I was like 15 minutes too late yesterday all over the place.

I was a little irritated at the fat lady in her 50's going around to every employee in the store trying the "I was in line but I had to leave because I got a call saying my mom was in the hospital and they said they'd hold one for me" line, even after the frigging MANAGER told her to buzz off.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #444
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. I don't mind that Tony Bruno, the papers, the email, and the mini-games are missing from franchise mode. I would have liked to have had them in the game, but I won't miss them that much (they eventually became repetitive IMO.) However, I think it is terrible that there is NO practice mode anywhere in the game! Unless, I'm missing something, there is no way to do a simple scrimmage, work on learning the controls, etc.

What about the "Play Now" button (the very first menu selection)? That's just a quick game.

Quote:
5. As far as I can tell, there is no accelerated clock feature in this version of the game. Not a big deal now, when I'm fascinated by every little cut scene, but IF I get tired of the cutscenes, this will become an annoyance. Then again, I'm having trouble getting plays off without a delay of game now..

Well, I'm seeing no accel clock on an incomplete pass (where the game clock isn't running, so who cares if it accels the game clock) and coming up to the line with 20 or 25 seconds left on the play clock, but on a complete pass or running play, I'm walking up to the line with the play clock at 10 already. 15 seconds is disappearing somewhere...

Quote:
3. It's going to take time to get used to the controls, but once I do, I think I will love them. The juke button by default is "A" and the right trigger is sprint. That will take time, but I think it will make running easier once I get used to it.

Ah, no WONDER Dillon was having problems making the corner. I thought he looked slow. Going to have to review the controls.

Some of my issues / concerns / comments / etc:

- Where is the option to turn on the vision cone? I can't find it anywhere...

- Graphics are drop-dead gorgeous. My wife's jaw hit the floor, and it's NEVER done that with anything football related before. This on my Sony 34" widescreen CRT-based HDTV.

- Can you change the default camera view? I'm always hitting the left or right trigger to see what the heck is being called by the AI. The default camera is just too close to the QB.

- Only one button steps through players (B)? So if you're changing who you want to control and go too far, you have to hit it 10 more times. Am I missing the other button?

- I like that the pre-snap audible buttons are visible on-screen before the play happens as a reminder.

- Media Center for streaming our CD collection off my XP computer is darn cool (okay, not Madden related, but cool 360 thing).

- Another general 360 thing: the batteries that came with my wireless controller and media remote were real Energizers, not some el cheapo generic clone. A nice little touch.

- No extra wireless controllers at Target last night. We did pick up 2 play-and-charge kits, though.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #445
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack

Right thumbstick.

Quote:
- Graphics are drop-dead gorgeous. My wife's jaw hit the floor, and it's NEVER done that with anything football related before. This on my Sony 34" widescreen CRT-based HDTV.

Madden is nothing if not pretty, but it's prettier t han normal this year.

Quote:
- Can you change the default camera view? I'm always hitting the left or right trigger to see what the heck is being called by the AI. The default camera is just too close to the QB.

Not sure. I DO know that if you zoom out by hitting the trigger, you're stuck there until the play begins.

Quote:
- Only one button steps through players (B)? So if you're changing who you want to control and go too far, you have to hit it 10 more times. Am I missing the other button?

Nope, I think you've got it.

Quote:
- I like that the pre-snap audible buttons are visible on-screen before the play happens as a reminder.

Only seems to happen early in the game. As the game progresses, the reminders go away.

Quote:
- Media Center for streaming our CD collection off my XP computer is darn cool (okay, not Madden related, but cool 360 thing).

Don't forget live TV!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #446
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Don't forget live TV!

I've got DirecTIVOs, so computers and TV don't mix very well (at least not until I get the gumption to hack them for network streaming, but with the MPEG-4 receivers coming that'll be a waste of time for me).
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #447
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I waited at my local Wal-Mart and I am very happy I did. I was second in line because they were only getting 4 premium systems and 10 cores. Haven't played much at all being busy with school and basketball though. I have Madden, and I have played Halo 2 on there. The graphics look better for Halo 2 noticably. I wasn't really expecting that, but I could really tell the difference. I am not a big fan of the right trigger being speed burst and a juking for Madden.. The controls are the toughest thing to get used to. I am thinking of picking up Call of Duty, but I just may wait to get it for my dad for Christmas, that is what he wants to play.

Now I will tell you the crazy stories that people hear about during launches like these. My brother and myself got to the Wal-Mart at 10:30PM and we were second in line, and then a few others come to bring the total to 5 before 11:30. The store wasn't opening until 7 AM which sucked.. Well by 3:30 AM all there were over 14 people, the number of Xbox's they were getting. Then 6 AM rolls by and a group of the 3 guys come up and try to cut in front of the 6th and 7th people... So arguments start, then the cops get called by the night crew inside thankfully. These guys were thugs too, kinda scary. Well they waited until 7 when they let people go inside one by one giving them a ticket on the way in. We get our Xbox and are ready to leave, then a lady tells us to hold onto them tight. We decide to have someone go pick us up at one of the side doors. (great choice). Well on our way through the parking lot we see one of the thugs walking towards the entrance and then there are 3 people huddled around a Xbox walking to their car. As soon as the thug dude walks past the group he turns around and runs after them. He grabbed them and ripped their bag. He didn't really try too hard to get the Xbox, at least not that hard for the crimes he commited/got charged for. Well he was unsucessful, but he had a get away vehicle and they run! I saw the whole thing and called the cops immediately.. It was craziness! They ended up catching the guys 40 minutes later and one of them got charged with 5 felonies. (attempted robber, 3 counts of assult to minors, and reckless driving) That was my story, someone top that!
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:18 PM   #448
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
EAGLEFAN27

when you get a chance can you do a first impression for nba 2k6 too.

thanks

Sure, but it will probably be at least a few days due to family stuff and thanksgiving, and the fact that Madden is drawing me in big time. So far, the game looks great and plays great. The franchise mode is definitely lacking some of the features of the last few years, but I'm still looking forward to starting a franchise either today or tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #449
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
What about the "Play Now" button (the very first menu selection)? That's just a quick game.

Well, I'm seeing no accel clock on an incomplete pass (where the game clock isn't running, so who cares if it accels the game clock) and coming up to the line with 20 or 25 seconds left on the play clock, but on a complete pass or running play, I'm walking up to the line with the play clock at 10 already. 15 seconds is disappearing somewhere...

Ah, no WONDER Dillon was having problems making the corner. I thought he looked slow. Going to have to review the controls.

- Another general 360 thing: the batteries that came with my wireless controller and media remote were real Energizers, not some el cheapo generic clone. A nice little touch.

- No extra wireless controllers at Target last night. We did pick up 2 play-and-charge kits, though.

I know about the play now button, but I want a true practice mode like in the xbox version where you can play just offense (with no defense on the field) if you want. I wanted to use that just to get use to the controls.

Now, that you mention it, it does seem like the clock goes down really fast on completed passes or runs. I assumed it was because I was spending so much time looking at the various things between plays. I'll pay closer attention next game, but I think you are right and the accelerated clock is just the default option.

I'm amazed that this game looks so good even on a standard TV. We were already planning on picking up a large HDTV in the next year. Now, I'm even more excited about that future purchase. However, the game does look VERY good even on a standard TV.

I also find the default camera too close, but I use the right trigger button to look at the coach cam and that makes playing work well for me. I haven't seen an option to change the camera.

I also like the media center deal. I also like that I can pick what songs I want to play on Madden.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #450
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how does the media thing work with your cpu?

what do you need for it to play music off your cpu to the xbox?

easy to setup?