Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #401
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua (and Airhog too, I suppose)
Let me know what they say.. I'm tempted to cancel and just check the local Fry's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDplanet e-mail
Thank you for writing DVDPlanet!
Order # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Item XBOX: NCAA FOOTBALL 2006 is not available until 07/19/05. We will promptly ship it to you once the item arrives into stock.

We regret the delay and any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

DVDPlanet Customer Service Department

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 AM   #402
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I find it funny that everyone is ignoring the fact that the CPU runs a RUN play in no huddle in late game situations, not once but repeatedly....the same f-cking play.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:35 AM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
I find it funny that everyone is ignoring the fact that the CPU runs a RUN play in no huddle in late game situations, not once but repeatedly....the same f-cking play.

I've played 8 games and just never had the CPU run a no-huddle. That stinks for close games.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:41 AM   #404
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The CPU has done that for years. This is nothing new at all.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #405
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'm finding in previous versions when I switched I could help out by making the switch. In this version, I'm finding that generally I'm screwing up no matter where I go (especially if I switch). I'm thinking that either the lack of 2005 playtime (because I disliked that version) or the mere fact I'm just a mid-30's dullard when it comes to game-playing is coming back to haunt me.

Maybe I need to "learn" to play my one guy and rely on my teammates. I'm also thinking that maybe I should give up playing as my impact player MLB - I think I am rendering him useless.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #406
Bee
Pro Starter

What's sad Jeeber is that I got my game from them on release day and now I have to go away for the weekend and it will be sitting in my house ignored all weekend...

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:07 AM   #407
JeeberD
General Manager

Go ahead an overnight it to me, Bee. I'll give DVDPlanet your address instead...

Old 07-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #408
Ragone
Pro Rookie

hmm.. think i'm gonna do a rfth dynasty.. wonder what posistion would lend itself to writing one
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #409
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I've played 8 games and just never had the CPU run a no-huddle. That stinks for close games.

I had the CPU run it both at the end of the 1st quarter and at the end of the game.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #410
Emiliano
College Prospect

My impressions:

I played 3 games, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I started my "official" dynasty with Miami, I'm 2-1. I lost the first game with FSU, Leon Washington teared me up. I was impressed to actually see an AI player so "difference-maker". He ran for over 150 yds and 3 TDs, he was really unstoppable. I couldn't get anything going on offense, plus my QB went down on the first play. FSU have 2 impact LBs, Sims and another, they're beasts!!! I scored 2 TDs but that was all. I was beaten like 40-14. BTW, I'm sure if I replay this game now, it will be more close since I learned the controls better.
Second game, I ran over Clemson 50something-10. Tyrone Moss ran over 200 yds with 3 TDs. This was easy.
On the third, versus Colorado, I won 16-14 in a super-close game. It was a defensive struggle for 3 (!) quarters, we were 0-0!!!

As for the in-season recruiting, I like that too. It's simple, you only have to spread the points. One little flaw is that (I'm sure somebody already mentioned it) in week 1 you have no additional information about the recruits, apart the state.

Stats-wise, I didn't check a lot, but everything seems right, beside the fact that my O-linemen have a huge amount of pancakes. Eric Winston has like 60, after 3 games!!! At the end of the year I'll have my line All-NCAA 1st Team, and they'll progress too much. That bothers me.

Are you guys seeing this one too? If I lower the run blocking slider will it resolve? I run a lot, but 50-60 after 3 games are waaay too many.

In the end, I love this game so far.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 AM   #411
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I also had my recruiting and disipline set to auto.. don't forget to turn that off if you want to do it all manually. It's under the coaching screen, page 2.

Considering how much time ticks off when calling the no huddle and changing the play at the line of scrimmage, I usually run the same play as well. I'll have to look and see what the CPU team runs next time.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #412
mhass
High School Varsity

That reminds me, last night I was in a tight game and running no-huddle and then audibling at the line. I was on the road and the crowd was going crazy and when I called a hot route, the receiver involved was looking at the QB and signalling like he couldn't hear. I thought "neat animation" until I ran the play and the receiver ran the original route and not the hot one. So apparently in loud situations, you either have to call hot routes twice or can't call them at all. A nice touch really.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 AM   #413
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

bought the game last night after much disapproval (vocal and otherwise) from the wife.

Set up a RFTH dynasty with a scrambling quarterback who walked on to Oklahoma State. I'm playing on default AA, and my first game was against Montana St.

It wasn't pretty. I pulled my starters at the half after I was up 56-2 (gave up a dumb safety in the first quarter). The final score of the game was 77-2, and that was with me running out the clock and taking a knee for the final two series.

Can't wait to play against some real competition.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #414
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
bought the game last night after much disapproval (vocal and otherwise) from the wife.

Well at least if she makes you sleep on the couch you can stay up later than normal playing the game
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #415
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Set up a RFTH dynasty with a scrambling quarterback who walked on to Oklahoma State. I'm playing on default AA, and my first game was against Montana St.

It wasn't pretty. I pulled my starters at the half after I was up 56-2 (gave up a dumb safety in the first quarter). The final score of the game was 77-2, and that was with me running out the clock and taking a knee for the final two series.

Can't wait to play against some real competition.

Similar to my first game against Ark St. Won the next one, then went on a 3 game losing streak. Up next is #20 Iowa St. Oh how I love the Big 12.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #416
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Similar to my first game against Ark St. Won the next one, then went on a 3 game losing streak. Up next is #20 Iowa St. Oh how I love the Big 12.

Watch out for their HB #4. He's fast and elusive. Luckily they can't pass at all.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #417
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Set up a RFTH dynasty with a scrambling quarterback who walked on to Oklahoma State.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that you can walk on to a team. I was afraid that I was going to be forced to make my player go somewhere other than UTEP...

Old 07-15-2005, 10:00 AM   #418
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhass
Watch out for their HB #4. He's fast and elusive. Luckily they can't pass at all.

Thanks for the tip. I've done well against the pass, but I'm not too sure how we'll do against a good running team.

I had 6 sacks against Oklahoma St. though.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #419
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Todd - what position are you playing on defense? I'm thinking of heading to the DL so I limit my lack of usefulness
how do you know?

Old 07-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #420
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Todd - what position are you playing on defense? I'm thinking of heading to the DL so I limit my lack of usefulness

Well personally, *I* had 2 sacks, 7 tackles, and 2 forced fumbles. I never switch players and play with the MLB Dedrick Harrington. It was my best game yet and one play the HB was past me, but I kept pursuing and when I used the hit stick, my guy wraps him up and I see this cool strip the ball animation and seconds later, we have the ball.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #421
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Interesting - I haven't really used the hitstick at all. do you blitz a lot with your MLB? I've been calling for mostly zone defenses and hanging back. Maybe my problem is my lack of blitzing?
how do you know?

Old 07-15-2005, 10:24 AM   #422
jbmagic
Pro Starter

are you guys seeing a lot of pancakes from your offensive line?

its going to make the offense line progress faster because of it.

human teams get way more than cpu teams.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #423
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Just had my best game yet, Greatness Score: 882.

Louisville (me) vs. Kentucky (cpu)

I've been using Jistic's AA Sliders from OS Forums.

Passing
Brohm (LOU) 20-33, 214 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Woodson (UK) 24-43, 489 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT

Rushing
Bush (LOU) 34 att, 236 yards, 2 TD
Beach (UK) 8 att, 6 yards

Receiving
Jones (LOU) 8 rec, 120 yards
Mitchell (UK) 9 rec, 261 yards, 4 TD

Defensive Impact Players
Dumervil (LOU) 6 tackles, 2 tfl, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
Abdullah (UK) 10 tackles, 3 tfl, 1 pdf

Kentucky scored with 4:02 remaining to take the lead 35-28, we then went four and out and had to punt. A big fumble by Kentucky's backup RB gave us the ball at their 33 yard line. We had to convert a 4th and 10 on an 11 yard pass to Jones. Then ended up scoring on a 11 yard run by Bush with 0:58 remaining. Kentucky then drove down the field to our 20 yard line and threw a interception which we returned to their 18 yard and setup the game winning FG as time expired.

Rushing is still to easy perhaps, I'm not sure. Kentucky's rush defense isn't exactly good rating wise, and Bush averaged 6.9 yards per carry. The Woodson-Mitchell show was mostly because of two plays, one was a screen pass out of a 3 TE set which I was predicting run and bringing the house. The other was a play where I pressed the wrong button and ended up getting the guy that was trying to cover Mitchell.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #424
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I ordered it yesterday from DVD Empire, and it showed that it shipped, so when I get back next weekend, it'll be waiting for me!

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #425
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
are you guys seeing a lot of pancakes from your offensive line?

its going to make the offense line progress faster because of it.

human teams get way more than cpu teams.

My UK-UL game I had a guy with 13 and another with 10. The CPU didn't have many because they only ran 14 times.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #426
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Interesting - I haven't really used the hitstick at all. do you blitz a lot with your MLB? I've been calling for mostly zone defenses and hanging back. Maybe my problem is my lack of blitzing?

Heck ya. I love blitzing, plus pressure on the QB makes for bad passes. I saw two just flat out bad bombs by the Ok St. QB yesterday due to pressure. It was so neat, the QB throws a bomb and the WR isn't even close, just my FS who intercepts it like he's playing catch.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #427
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Just had my best game yet, Greatness Score: 882.

Louisville (me) vs. Kentucky (cpu)

I've been using Jistic's AA Sliders from OS Forums.

Passing
Brohm (LOU) 20-33, 214 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Woodson (UK) 24-43, 489 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT

Rushing
Bush (LOU) 34 att, 236 yards, 2 TD
Beach (UK) 8 att, 6 yards

Receiving
Jones (LOU) 8 rec, 120 yards
Mitchell (UK) 9 rec, 261 yards, 4 TD

Defensive Impact Players
Dumervil (LOU) 6 tackles, 2 tfl, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
Abdullah (UK) 10 tackles, 3 tfl, 1 pdf

What's up with the 8 for 6 yards rushing by the CPU? I dont' watch Kentucky IRL, but are they a pass dominate team?

Last edited by moriarty : 07-15-2005 at 12:18 PM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #428
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
I ordered it yesterday from DVD Empire, and it showed that it shipped, so when I get back next weekend, it'll be waiting for me!

Sigh...

Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #429
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
What's up with the 8 for 6 yards rushing by the CPU? I dont' watch Kentucky IRL, but are they a pass dominate team?

According to the Athlon Sports College Football magazine they are going to pass more this year, there runnings backs are horrible too. I still would have thought they would have ran a little more though.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #430
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Sigh...

Just for you I am going to play a game involving UTEP.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #431
JeeberD
General Manager

Yes!!! You rock, Balldog...

Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #432
MrBug708
Head Coach

Jeebs, why not just cancel it and go buy it? It's obviously killing you....
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #433
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Jeebs, why not just cancel it and go buy it? It's obviously killing you....
Cuz he's a cheap bastard. He can wait for a week to save ten measly little dollars. I mean hey, that's probably one whole family of four extra he'd have to wait on.

Last edited by Buzzbee : 07-15-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #434
Buzzbee
College Starter

Dola - I've heard that Jeeber is so cheap

(how cheap is he?)

he's so cheap that he only tips 10%!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #435
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Cuz he's a cheap bastard. He can wait for a week to save ten measly little dollars. I mean hey, that's probably one whole family of four extra he'd have to wait on.

LOL!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 PM   #436
Balldog
Pro Rookie

New Mexico at UTEP

Lee picks UTEP.

Neither team scores on their first drives, both teams cross the other's 40. A false start forces NM to punt instead of attempting a FG, UTEP pins NM at the 3 yard line with a great punt.

NM goes 3 and out, after a short return UTEP has the ball on the UNM 36 yard line. But Ebell fumbles on the first play! Both teams exchange 3 and outs, before DonTrell Moore breaks off a 51-yard TD run. After both teams exchange a couple more punts Palmer connects with Higgins for a 50-yard TD pass. 7-7 with 6:30 to play in the 2nd Qtr.

UTEP misses a 37-yard FG wide right with 1:24 to play in the 1st half! UTEP forces UNM 3 and out, but Palmer throws a (stupid) interception. UNM takes over at the UTEP 7 yd line. UTEP holds UNM to a 22-yard FG, 10-7 UNM. UTEP drives to the 50 but stalls. 10-7 UNM at the half.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:39 PM   #437
jbmagic
Pro Starter

what your guys favorite offense formation and defense formation?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #438
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Dola - I've heard that Jeeber is so cheap

(how cheap is he?)

he's so cheap that he only tips 10%!!!

Oh, now that's not even funny!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #439
Balldog
Pro Rookie

UTEP has a great KO return to the UNM 45 but the TE fumbles after making a great catch to give the ball back to UNM. Impact player Howard makes a great stop for UTEP on 3rd down but he grabbed a whole lot of face mask. That leads to a 7-yard TD run by Moore. 17-7 UNM.

Higgins fumbles the ensuing KO return, UNM ball at the UTEP 35 But Demps picks off the UNM pass in the end zone and returns it 26 yards to the UTEP 23!! UNM scores on a 26-yard TD pass to the TE. 24-7 UNM with 3:29 to play in the 3rd.

Ebell fumbles at the UNM 35-yard line ending another scoring opportunity. UNM QB scores on a 21-yard run to start the 4th, it is now 31-7 UNM.

A Palmer INT in the end zone is pretty much going to sum it up. Shiot.

Ok, well I was going to be done writing for this game but I have to write about Moore's TD run. Easily the best I have ever seen, he jukes my OLB with a soft juke, then here comes my safety to light him up from the right but he does the backstep juke, here comes my other safety to stuff him at the goalline but he flips over him to score. WOW.

Final Score - New Mexico 38, UTEP 14

That sucked.

Passing Stats
UTEP
Palmer - 16 for 31, 232 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
Cruz- 7 for 8, 62 yards, 1 TD
UNM
McKamey - 9 for 17, 129 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Rushing Stats
UTEP
Ebell - 21 car, 113 yards
Austin - 6 car, 19 yards
New Mexico
Moore - 28 car, 168 yards, 3 TD
McKamey - 5 car, 44 yards, 1 TD

Receiving Yards
UTEP
Higgins - 10 rec, 214 yards, 1 TD
New Mexico
Baskett - 3 rec, 26 yards

Turnovers: UTEP - 5, UNM - 1
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 PM   #440
JeeberD
General Manager

Geez, did someone grease the ball when the Miners had it? Talk about turnover prone...

Thanks, Balldog. That'll help satisfy my cravings for a bit...

Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 PM   #441
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Geez, did someone grease the ball when the Miners had it? Talk about turnover prone...

No doubt, I was getting so pissed.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #442
Flasch186
Coordinator

i found a buggy:

Dynasty, USF QB on 3rd down rolls right on a draw....all of a sudden he takes the blocker stance and no one can tackle him and he slides about, slightly without moving forwards or backwards. I believe the only way the game will continue is when the quarter ends....that kinda sucks.

i was wrong qtr. continues til play stops. **sigh**

turning it off.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-15-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #443
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
i found a buggy:

Dynasty, USF QB on 3rd down rolls right on a draw....all of a sudden he takes the blocker stance and no one can tackle him and he slides about, slightly without moving forwards or backwards. I believe the only way the game will continue is when the quarter ends....that kinda sucks.

i was wrong qtr. continues til play stops. **sigh**

turning it off.

The bug is that you are actually playing with USF.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #444
Flasch186
Coordinator

actually im ucf

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #445
Flasch186
Coordinator

the hardest thing for me, by far is on D, when I hit the button to switch players...there is no telling who it is going to switch to. Many timesIm caught way out of pos. because it switched to some guy I didnt expect it to.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #446
Balldog
Pro Rookie

@
TEAMS1234OTF
Oregon St.7707021
Oregon133710033
VisitorGAME STATSHome
396Total Yds494
11First Downs23
4Rushing Yds201
16-5Rushes-Fumb44-1
1Rushing TD2
223Passing Yds173
16-35-1Comp-Att-TD22-36-1
3Interceptions1
3/103rd Down Conv.6/19
11:58Time of Pos.24:02

I think I need to make HUM running a little harder and maybe see if I can find away to cut down on fumbles. Good to see some defense played in this one though.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #447
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Damn and I can't even easily cancel my order from them. And the game said nothing about being out of stock when I ordered it (

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #448
rexallllsc
Banned

I went 2-9 in my first season with Arizona, but got a commit from a 4-star QB In-season. Then I Got fired.

Well, I took over UNLV, and once I started playing with them I realized that it wasn't me who sucked, but it was AZ. F 'em!
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #449
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In response to the pancake question, I'm running all over the place and usually seeing about 8 pancakes for my top OL, but usually 4-6 for each of my other Offensive Linemen.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #450
sooner333
College Starter

Jeebs...I'm going to be UTEP in my dynasty with four of my other friends where we all take over a team and play out a dynasty. It's fun because you can get other people excited about your dynasty. I'm excited about Jordan Palmer and winning the CUSA.

In my personal dynasty i'm fresno state...where penigar got hurt against Oregon and the backup sucks.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote