Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #401
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

That's a great find, Jon. Sorry I wasn't around when Arlie asked for it, but that is much more thorough that I would have been able to provide for the SEC.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #402
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
Arles is a Pac-10 guy so he already knows this, but this isn't (yet) an issue in the Pac-10 since all teams now play each other every year.

I was really thinking more about all the non-conference rivalries more than the in-conference ones, but was trying to make sure that both got covered as well as possible.

Maybe I got confused or missed something in the thread though, maybe all the non-conference are already dealt with & it's just the in-conference ones that are at risk of being missed?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #403
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Here's a link to a site that lists just about all the rivalries, conference and non-conference. There are probably some missing, but it's pretty complete.

Linky
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #404
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
I was really thinking more about all the non-conference rivalries more than the in-conference ones, but was trying to make sure that both got covered as well as possible.

Maybe I got confused or missed something in the thread though, maybe all the non-conference are already dealt with & it's just the in-conference ones that are at risk of being missed?

I might have been misreading it too, but I was under the impression the issue was specific to conference rivalries in the 2-division conferences where certain teams have a rivalry with another team in the other division and always play them every year.

I can also imagine though that some teams may have more rivalries than Arlie's game will be able to replicate. For example, Washington really doesn't have any major rivalries with teams outside the Pac-10, while Notre Dame probably has quite a few (Southern Cal, Michigan, Purdue...).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #405
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
The "Honolulu Bowl" checks to see if Hawaii is eligible before checking conference pairings.

Excellent!
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #406
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

True, but ND apparently will be moving a few of those rivalries off the schedule in time. BC is due to come off sometime soon and there has been speculation that even Michigan is not invulnerable to being dropped, especially as all the BCS schools work to get 7-of-12 home games on the schedule every year.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #407
Galaril
Pro Starter

A little reseach has unearthed this rivalry info for other conferences. I found this stuff mostly on Wikipedia.

Rivalries involving Big 12 schools

The Big Twelve has many rivalries among its member schools, especially in football. A couple of its major rivalries go back to its predecessor, the Big Eight Conference, and another was imported from the Southwest Conference. Some of the football rivalries involving Big 12 schools include (with travelling trophies and/or special name of the game in parentheses):

Nebraska-Oklahoma
Nebraska-Colorado
Nebraska-Missouri (Missouri-Nebraska Bell)
Iowa State-Missouri (The Telephone Trophy)
Colorado-Colorado State (The Rocky Mountain Showdown, played in Denver)
Missouri-Kansas (The Border Showdown -- Changed from the "Border War" on October 4, 2004 due to the September 11th terrorist attacks)
Kansas-Kansas State (The Governor's Cup)
Kansas State-Nebraska
Kansas State-Missouri
Iowa-Iowa State (Cy-Hawk Trophy)
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State (The Bedlam Series)
Texas-Baylor
Texas-Oklahoma (The Red River Shootout, played at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, with the winner getting the Golden Hat)
Texas-Texas A&M (The Lone Star Showdown)
Texas Tech-Texas
Texas Tech-Texas A&M

The Big East features many unique rivalries amongst its diverse members. These rivalries include:

Syracuse - Georgetown
DePaul - Marquette
Seton Hall - St. John's
Georgetown - St. John's
Syracuse - Connecticut
West Virginia - Pittsburgh (The Backyard Brawl in football)
Rutgers - Seton Hall
Louisville - Cincinnati
Villanova - Georgetown
Louisville - West Virginia
Notre Dame - DePaul
Notre Dame - Marquette
Georgetown - DePaul
Rivalries that are expected to blossom in the realigned Big East are Louisville - West Virginia, Rutgers - Cincinnati, Cincinnati - Pittsburgh, Connecticut - Rutgers, Syracuse - Rutgers, Syracuse - Louisville, and Pittsburgh - Louisville.
Rivalries out of conference that feature Big East members include:

Rutgers - Princeton (Ivy League) Rivalry active since 1860s, currently active in all sports except football.
Syracuse - Boston College (ACC)
Syracuse - Penn State (Big Ten) Dormant for over a decade but will be renewed 2008, 2009
West Virginia - Maryland (ACC)
West Virginia - Virginia Tech (ACC)
Louisville - Kentucky (SEC)
West Virginia - East Carolina (Conference USA)
Pittsburgh - Penn State (Big Ten) This rivalry currently lies dormant.
Pittsburgh - Notre Dame (Football Independent)
West Virginia - Penn State (Big Ten) This rivalry currently lies dormant.
West Virginia - Marshall (Conference USA) This rivalry, held annually in basketball, will resume in 2006 in football.
Louisville - Memphis (Conference USA)
Cincinnati - Memphis (Conference USA)
Cincinnati - Miami (OH) (Mid-American Conference) The eighth-oldest and 11th-longest running rivalry in NCAA Division I football.
Marquette - Wisconsin (Big Ten)
In addition to the listed out of conference rivalries, Villanova is one of the participants in the heated five-way rivalry that has developed out of the Philadelphia Big 5 basketball series. This round-robin series is played every year between Penn, Temple, Saint Joseph's, La Salle, and Villanova.

Last edited by Galaril : 08-26-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #408
Galaril
Pro Starter

PAC-10 Rivalries

The Pac-10 is an anomaly in college sports, in that each school within the conference has its own in-state, conference rivalry. One is an intercity rivalry, and another is within the same metropolitan area. In fact, the 10 teams that make up the Pac-10 can be divided into five major rivalries. Those are:

Arizona-Arizona State (winner gets the Territorial Cup)
Washington-Washington State (winner gets the Apple Cup)
Oregon-Oregon State (The Civil War)
Cal-Stanford (The Big Game, winner gets the Stanford Axe)
UCLA-USC (winner gets the Victory Bell)
USC also has a long-standing rivalry with Notre Dame, meeting 75 times in the battle for the Jewelled Shillelagh. The Irish war club is decorated with rubies for Trojan victories and emeralds for Irish wins. The record stands at 42-28-5 in favor of Notre Dame. Interestingly enough, however, both USC and Notre Dame are tied for the number of NCAA football championships at 11.

Washington State also has a rivalry with the University of Idaho, due to the fact that they are located a mere eight miles away from each other. This rivarly is much less fiercely contested than the intra-state rivalry with Washington, and is generally considered to be more important to Idaho's fans than to WSU's
Old 08-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #409
Galaril
Pro Starter

Big Ten Football Rivalries
The members of the Big Ten have long-standing rivalries with each other, especially on the football field. Many of them have travelling trophies at stake. The annual Michigan-Ohio State matchup at the end of the season (which has no trophy at stake) is probably the most well-known Big Ten rivalry (arguably one of the biggest in all of College Sports). Some other Big Ten rivalries include (with their respective travelling trophy in parentheses):

Illinois-Northwestern (Sweet Sioux Tomahawk)
Purdue-Indiana (Old Oaken Bucket)
Indiana-Michigan State (Old Brass Spittoon)
Iowa-Minnesota (Floyd of Rosedale)
Iowa-Wisconsin (Heartland Trophy)
Wisconsin-Minnesota (Paul Bunyan's Axe)
Michigan-Michigan State (Paul Bunyan Trophy)
Michigan-Minnesota (Little Brown Jug)
Illinois-Ohio State (Illi-Buck)
Illinois-Purdue (Purdue Cannon)
Penn State-Minnesota (Governor's Victory Bell)
Penn State-Michigan State (Land Grant Trophy)
[edit]
Other Rivalries
Purdue, Michigan State and Michigan are among the Big Ten teams who also have traditional rivalries with Notre Dame. Penn State had a long-standing rivalry with Pittsburgh of the Big East, but the two schools have not met since 2000. Penn State also had long-standing rivalries with West Virginia, Syracuse, and Rutgers of the Big East, Maryland and Boston College of the ACC, and football independent Temple. Iowa has an in-state rivalry with Iowa State, with the winner getting the Cy-Hawk Trophy. Indiana has an out-of conference rivalry with Kentucky, but the rivalry has a much higher profile in basketball than in football. Illinois has a long-standing basketball rivalry with Missouri, with the two men's teams squaring off annually in the "Braggin' Rights" game in St. Louis. In the early days of the Big Ten, the Chicago-Michigan game drew much national attention and was considered one of the first major rivalries of the conference.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #410
Galaril
Pro Starter

ACC rivalaries

With the exception of Florida State-Miami, lesser-known are the ACC's football rivalries. With the recent expansion, intra-state rivalries in Florida and Virginia that have always been more significant in football than basketball are now under the conference banner. This gives them added meaning, as these games will have more direct impact on postseason bowl game invitations.

Some of the ACC's classic rivalries include:

Duke-North Carolina: This basketball rivalry is considered by fans and analysts to be one of the biggest in the country, these schools also play for the "Victory Bell" in football
Florida State-Miami: Known for it's "Wide Right" outcomes
N.C. State-Clemson: football's "Textile Bowl"
North Carolina-N.C. State
Virginia-Georgia Tech: football's "41-38"
Virginia-Maryland: border rivalry;
Virginia-North Carolina: football's "Oldest Rivalry in the South"
Virginia-Virginia Tech: football's Commonwealth Cup
Extra-conference rivalries involving ACC members include:

Boston College and Notre Dame (Independent): Teams compete for the Frank Leahy Memorial Bowl and the Ireland Trophy.
Clemson and South Carolina (of the SEC)
Georgia Tech and Georgia (SEC)
Florida State and Florida (SEC)
Maryland and Penn State (Big Ten)
Maryland and West Virginia (Big East): football; longest current continuous non-conference series for both schools, as they have played each other each year since 1980.
Virginia Tech and West Virginia (Big East)
Old 08-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #411
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Just a note on the Pac-10 rivalries - while that entry is mostly correct, there are additional rivalries not listed. Specifically, the Washington-Oregon game has always held a lot of meaning for Oregon over the years dating way back to when the UW voted to put Cal in the Rose Bowl over Oregon (some time in the late '40's I believe). Oregon has always chafed at the idea of Washington as the pre-eminant football program in the Pacific NW and viewed the game with Washington nearly as intensely (sometimes more so) than the Civil War with Oregon State. Once Oregon got real good in the mid-'90's and started beating Washington on a regular basis and crowing about it, it's become a true 2-way rivalry with Washington now treating this as their 2nd major rivalry (in addition to Washington State).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #412
Galaril
Pro Starter

The Big East features many unique rivalries amongst its diverse members. These rivalries include:

Syracuse - Georgetown
DePaul - Marquette
Seton Hall - St. John's
Georgetown - St. John's
Syracuse - Connecticut
West Virginia - Pittsburgh (The Backyard Brawl in football)
Rutgers - Seton Hall
Louisville - Cincinnati
Villanova - Georgetown
Louisville - West Virginia
Notre Dame - DePaul
Notre Dame - Marquette
Georgetown - DePaul
Rivalries that are expected to blossom in the realigned Big East are Louisville - West Virginia, Rutgers - Cincinnati, Cincinnati - Pittsburgh, Connecticut - Rutgers, Syracuse - Rutgers, Syracuse - Louisville, and Pittsburgh - Louisville.

Rivalries out of conference that feature Big East members include:

Rutgers - Princeton (Ivy League) Rivalry active since 1860s, currently active in all sports except football.
Syracuse - Boston College (ACC)
Syracuse - Penn State (Big Ten) Dormant for over a decade but will be renewed 2008, 2009
West Virginia - Maryland (ACC)
West Virginia - Virginia Tech (ACC)
Louisville - Kentucky (SEC)
West Virginia - East Carolina (Conference USA)
Pittsburgh - Penn State (Big Ten) This rivalry currently lies dormant.
Pittsburgh - Notre Dame (Football Independent)
West Virginia - Penn State (Big Ten) This rivalry currently lies dormant.
West Virginia - Marshall (Conference USA) This rivalry, held annually in basketball, will resume in 2006 in football.
Louisville - Memphis (Conference USA)
Cincinnati - Memphis (Conference USA)
Cincinnati - Miami (OH) (Mid-American Conference) The eighth-oldest and 11th-longest running rivalry in NCAA Division I football.
Marquette - Wisconsin (Big Ten)
Old 08-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #413
Galaril
Pro Starter

MAC Rivalry Toledo an dBowling Green was all I could find about MAC rivalries So, maybe someone else knows more on MAC, Sun Belt, WAC, Mountain West and/or USA Conference rivals.

"Just a 20-mile stretch of I-75 separate Bowling Green State University, and the University of Toledo. However, it seems even less than that separates their football teams in terms of talent, history, and especially rivalry.

Speaking of rivalry, these two MAC titans will be taking to the field of battle for the highly coveted "Peace Pipe" (a tradition since 1980) tomorrow night at the Glass Bowl. "
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 PM   #414
Franklinnoble
Banned

So, do I still get to be a beta tester?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #415
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
BTW, you never did answer whether you'll be able to hire coaches at the begining of the game or not.

At this point, am I being ignored?
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #416
Capital
High School Varsity

This discussion may have set the release date back months...
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #417
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital
This discussion may have set the release date back months...

It better not.

Two words: Guest Room
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #418
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
It better not.

Two words: Guest Room
lol...Wow...that's a response from a very reliable source
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #419
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Arles, forgive me if this has been asked somewhere else in the thread...

Where did you go about finding the data for the "on-field" engine of the game? How does the engine work? I'd love to hear more about this aspect, provided you don't have to divulge any proprietary information.

Thanks!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 PM   #420
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
At this point, am I being ignored?
Hiring coaches will be at the start of the offseason to allow you to hire a new staff if you switch jobs. We also found that starting in the camp stage makes the most sense (esp with custom rosters) so the answer is that you will go one regular season with a default staff. However, you will be able to replace them before you recruit, go through the transfer process or do summer training.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 PM   #421
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Arles, forgive me if this has been asked somewhere else in the thread...

Where did you go about finding the data for the "on-field" engine of the game? How does the engine work? I'd love to hear more about this aspect, provided you don't have to divulge any proprietary information.

Thanks!
That's kind of a broad question We'll post some screens of the PBP aspect down the road and hopefully that will answer more questions on this. From a general standpoint, there a lot of factors that go into the engine ranging from coach abilities, specific play calls by both sides, talent, health, homefield and even weather in some cases. You will also get exact offensive and defensive play calls for each play if you quick sim - so that you can see every played called by your assistants and adjust.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:48 AM   #422
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Big Ten Football Rivalries
Illinois-Northwestern (Sweet Sioux Tomahawk)
Purdue-Indiana (Old Oaken Bucket)
Indiana-Michigan State (Old Brass Spittoon)
Iowa-Minnesota (Floyd of Rosedale)
Iowa-Wisconsin (Heartland Trophy)
Wisconsin-Minnesota (Paul Bunyan's Axe)
Michigan-Michigan State (Paul Bunyan Trophy)
Michigan-Minnesota (Little Brown Jug)
Illinois-Ohio State (Illi-Buck)
Illinois-Purdue (Purdue Cannon)
Penn State-Minnesota (Governor's Victory Bell)
Penn State-Michigan State (Land Grant Trophy)
Silly factoid, my great grandfather played in the very first Little Brown Jug game (for Minnesota). I remember they did a reunion back in the 70's and they introduced the players at halftime of the game. There were like 7 or 8 guys still alive. Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #423
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
That's kind of a broad question We'll post some screens of the PBP aspect down the road and hopefully that will answer more questions on this. From a general standpoint, there a lot of factors that go into the engine ranging from coach abilities, specific play calls by both sides, talent, health, homefield and even weather in some cases. You will also get exact offensive and defensive play calls for each play if you quick sim - so that you can see every played called by your assistants and adjust.

Sorry if it was too broad...

Really wanted to know where you got your real-game data. As far as I know, there is no repository for NCAA game data that includes the minutae that would be needed to create a realistic football game. I know Jim used NFL data originally (based on play-by-play). Is this available for NCAA games?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #424
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Boy! If they can pull it off and let this game live up to the hype than I am buying!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #425
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Sorry if it was too broad...

Really wanted to know where you got your real-game data. As far as I know, there is no repository for NCAA game data that includes the minutae that would be needed to create a realistic football game. I know Jim used NFL data originally (based on play-by-play). Is this available for NCAA games?
Yeah, we did a large amount of research for season and game stats. You can find it in numerous spots. The one thing was the variance in overall results is fairly high over the past 10+ seasons. Not to mention there are large differences between individual teams (ie, Florida and Nebraska) that you wouldn't see in the NFL. So, that was a bit of a challenge to get it all working together.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #426
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hiring coaches will be at the start of the offseason to allow you to hire a new staff if you switch jobs. We also found that starting in the camp stage makes the most sense (esp with custom rosters) so the answer is that you will go one regular season with a default staff. However, you will be able to replace them before you recruit, go through the transfer process or do summer training.

Can I ask why, and what is aversion that programmers have to having the staff hiring when you first start the game? It just makes no sense. Every coach brings his staff with him. I don't want to have to play a whole season and then hire the staff I want. That sucks bad.

Last edited by HomerJSimpson : 08-27-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #427
Arles
Grey Dog Software

For this game, it's twofold:

1. with the number of roster imports, it doesn't make sense to begin the game at the start of the offseason where all the seniors will graduate and new recruits will come on.

2. So, given we are starting in camp, it doesn't make sense to move the hire coaches into the camp stage because for all future seasons, you will switch jobs going into the offseason. So, if you switched in the future and had coach Hire in camp, you would have to do all of your recruiting and offseason training using an old staff.

The only conceivable option would be to have a separate Hire/Fire coach stage at the start of every career, then immediately have another one at the start of the next offseason. And, at this point in development, I don't know how feasible a change like that would be given where we are in beta.

Last edited by Arles : 08-27-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #428
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
For this game, it's twofold:

1. with the number of roster imports, it doesn't make sense to begin the game at the start of the offseason where all the seniors will graduate and new recruits will come on.

2. So, given we are starting in camp, it doesn't make sense to move the hire coaches into the camp stage because for all future seasons, you will switch jobs going into the offseason. So, if you switched in the future and had coach Hire in camp, you would have to do all of your recruiting and offseason training using an old staff.

The only conceivable option would be to have a separate Hire/Fire coach stage at the start of every career, then immediately have another one at the start of the next offseason. And, at this point in development, I don't know how feasible a change like that would be given where we are in beta.

I understand, I just wish this would have been thought of earlier. Every coach coming in brings their staff with them, and I have never understood why that would not be the first thing you do in any game of this sort. Honestly, I would much rather start pre-recruiting because, again, realistically that is when most coaches are hired. I understand that this is a game, and sacrifices to realism most be made, it is just that this one really bugs me. It is like I just have to throw away the first year of every career before I can actually start playing. *sigh*

Last edited by HomerJSimpson : 08-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #429
Franklinnoble
Banned

Farrah, Arles... I'm still waiting for an answer... do I still get to be a beta tester?
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #430
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Arles

what about an option to start in the offseason or start of the regular season like TPF?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #431
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Arles

what about an option to start in the offseason or start of the regular season like TPF?
Not at this point.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:05 PM   #432
HoosFan
n00b

Quote:
It's pretty varied, although Option is certainly the most rare, same with the 4-6 on D. But, you could see any number of teams in any specific offense or defense in a given year. A lot depends on the assistants and personnel.

They may change with the same coach. If a certain major talent shift occurs in their roster or they hire a new OC/DC, a head coach could opt to change in camp to better fit his personnel. And, remember, this isn't like TPF where certain offenses have no access to certain formations. All formations are valid for each offense/defense. It's just that some will be practiced more in camp and you will get penalties/bonuses for using certain ones in the season.

No, it's based more on personnel. If you were a smash mouth team but had your stud RB and road-grating guard graduate, you may see that team switch to a more balanced offense if they have an up-and-coming QB to better suit their team.

So to some extent teams will tailor their strategy to their personnel, but will their recruiting strategy be tailored to their offensive/defensive strategies? The most obvious case is to consider is if you have a coach/OC that runs the option. Will that team specifically target QBs with superior running ability/athleticism or will they only look to run the option if they happen to have a QB with those talents. On a lesser scale teams that feature the deep passing game would likely want QBs with better arm strength and receivers that are potentially smaller with blazing speed over bigger possession receivers... and so on.
HoosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #433
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosFan
So to some extent teams will tailor their strategy to their personnel, but will their recruiting strategy be tailored to their offensive/defensive strategies? The most obvious case is to consider is if you have a coach/OC that runs the option. Will that team specifically target QBs with superior running ability/athleticism or will they only look to run the option if they happen to have a QB with those talents.
This has been tough to program from an absolute. Teams will look for players interested in their program that fit specific roles and spots on their team. However, if a top pocket QB wants to go play for a Smash Mouth team, they will probably recruit him with the idea to change offenses down the road when he's ready.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #434
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This has been tough to program from an absolute. Teams will look for players interested in their program that fit specific roles and spots on their team. However, if a top pocket QB wants to go play for a Smash Mouth team, they will probably recruit him with the idea to change offenses down the road when he's ready.

I would *love* to see this work.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:34 PM   #435
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Then the counter question to this is: Do players (i.e., QB) look to go to schools that focus on the pass or Linemen want to goto schools that produce Outland winners?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #436
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Is it out yet?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #437
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i want to spend some money. i want to spend some money. Either this game comes out or Jim releases a new game...please please...i want to spend some money!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #438
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i want to spend some money. i want to spend some money. Either this game comes out or Jim releases a new game...please please...i want to spend some money!!

Not to troll but i wouldn't hold my breath on a "jim game".
Old 08-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #439
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Not to troll but i wouldn't hold my breath on a "jim game".

well i'm definately not saying that i'd expect a solecismic game before BBCF comes out. I'm just saying right now even though I want a new game BAAAD there are very few games I actually want to buy. If that makes sense.

BBCF
anything Solecismic
FIFA 06
FM 2006
the new expansion to R:TW

but most of those aren't due out till Sept/Nov. (the last 3)
So I'm left waiting for either of the first two to happen before say, the end of Sept/Nov.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #440
bhlloy
Coordinator

Arles... sorry if this has been asked in some form before... how will transfers be handled? If I leave a top ranked QB that I have recruited on the basis he plays right away on the bench for 2 years is he going to start looking for other schools? Will disgruntled players who you originally recruited ever contact your team during the offseason looking to transfer?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #441
vex
Grizzled Veteran

bump for bhlloy's question.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #442
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy
Arles... sorry if this has been asked in some form before... how will transfers be handled? If I leave a top ranked QB that I have recruited on the basis he plays right away on the bench for 2 years is he going to start looking for other schools? Will disgruntled players who you originally recruited ever contact your team during the offseason looking to transfer?
It's not going to be at that level for your second question. In other words, the game is not going to store every team interested in every recruit for the off-chance they transfer down the road.

But, to the bigger question, there are a few things that matter. First, prior playing time will count. Next, perceived playing time in the next season will matter as well. If you are a 4 or 5-star player at QB and the team has a stud ahead of you, that will make you more apt to transfer. In the end, it will also depend on the player's personality. Some players will be OK sitting the pine on a great team as they value winning and feel they will eventually get a shot. Others may want to play ASAP and sacrifice a shot at a title to be "the man" on other teams.

For your example, if that player was a 4 or 5 star recruit and you sat him for two full seasons, he would certainly look at transfering IF he didn't figure to be the starter in year 3.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #443
TwinCitiesFan
n00b

Bump...because with all the college football this weekend we are desperate to hear about release dates for TCY2 and Bowl Bound. The screen shots for Bowl Bound look great!
TwinCitiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #444
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dog website
Bowl Bound College Football is scheduled for a Q3 release and will be made available for digital download exclusively through Grey Dog Software for U.S. $34.95.

When does a companies third quarter end? I thought normally that would have been a while ago. Don't most companies start their fiscal year in October, so 4th quarter ends at the begining of October? I have completely confused myself typing this out.... I know each quarter is 15 minutes long right?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #445
govols
Mascot

Grey Dog stated it is scheduled Q3 calendar year. If I remember they also said there would be a demo out around 1 week prior to release. If they are on schedule we should be seeing something in the next 2-3 weeks. Of course things can always slip last minute if something shows up in the beta.
govols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #446
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
When does a companies third quarter end? I thought normally that would have been a while ago. Don't most companies start their fiscal year in October, so 4th quarter ends at the begining of October? I have completely confused myself typing this out.... I know each quarter is 15 minutes long right?

This is why we need QOTM
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #447
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer

Grey Dog is on a calendar year, not a fiscal year.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #448
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Grey Dog is on a calendar year, not a fiscal year.

word to your mother. thanks.

so, about 5 minutes to go in this quarter.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #449
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I have a small surplus of monet, I hope it comes out in a few weeks.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #450
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
I have a small surplus of monet, I hope it comes out in a few weeks.
It's always nice to have a few extra paintings lying around.