Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #401
Bad-example
College Starter

I bought CoH and it looks like a lot of fun so far. I will raise a character to lvl5 before thursday evening. I have a tanker (Chillblade) and a blaster (The Shrubber) on Victory.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #402
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

is anyone on virtue under lvl 5 i need a guienia pig for one of my new powers send a tell to Toxic Shock. Ill give you some good influence for it probably be on for another hour or so
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:16 AM   #403
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Tonight is round 2 of Victory Night (TM), 2100 EST.

I will be bringing my controller (lvl 5) to the party.

BlackFedora
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #404
condors
College Starter

littlewatt level 5 elec/elec blaster should make this one!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #405
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll try to make it on after work tonight, which could be anywhere between 8:30pm to 10:30pm Central...

And I'll be briging GI Jeeber, of course.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #406
Bad-example
College Starter

I will be on The Shrubber tonight if there is room for him to join in the fun, or I could switch to my tanker if there is a party balance issue.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #407
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another fun evening last night, had about 8 different people participate over the course of the evening:

BlackFedora
CometFlash
Project Schism
Chillblade/Shrubber (did not realize this was same person until now)
Lug
Key West Mike (cameo appearance)
GI Jeeber

We weren't able to maintain the "no deaths, easy XP" standard from the first night, as a ridiculously large number of Vaz took us down the first two times we tried it. One thing we learned there is that we depend on our controller (Fedora) pretty heavily for the large encounters. With him gone, and one wrong pull of a group, things got ugly quick.

Another fun encounter had us taking on a colony of Hellions. Forget who said this, but commented that the two-level room stacked with criminals looked like Shawshank. Our first aborted attempt left everyone dead. I had just hit level 6 with my healer and tried to vacate as the last guy, only to die five feet from the door. Yuck ... of course, no one had an awaken and I was the only guy with resurrection. Good news is that Fedora has picked up Teleport for party members, shortening the walk of shame from hospital back to mission. On the subsequent effort we unloaded on the Hellions.

Most of the party is Level 7 at this point. Hope we can do this again next Tuesday. If someone else wants to make up a healer I wouldn't mind having the option of playing either my Tanker or Controller with this group every once in awhile. Of course, it will get harder with time to just whip out a character that is the same level as our group.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #408
Bonegavel

I was the source of the Shawshank comment

I wish I hadn't been so tired and full of gloom (my patio seems ok even though it rained heavily most of the night) as we had a good session.

I felt bad for Chillblade after we asked to switch from his blaster (shrubber) to this tanker and he proceeded to get whooped upon and dead. What happened to bare-chested, margarita sipping Fritz?

I think we have a really good mix of powers in the group and I'm having a lot of fun playing my first controller. It would be great to be able to get some sort of dynasty going, but I'm not sure how to approach it.

Hoops, we can get together in off nights on Victory to promote other chars to the same level so we can switch it up. Just let me know when.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 AM   #409
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Sorry I dropped guys. When I died and got kicked to the medical center the PC locked up. By the time I got back online the phone call I had been waiting on came through.

I ought to be around for the next session and will spend some time catching up a little.

I did level once, and took distract. Supposedly you can use this to get one baddy to attack another, which seemed like a good power when you are fighting a horde that may just be too strong.

BTW, were those wind gusts doing anything?

Thanks gain for letting me in.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:49 PM   #410
Bad-example
College Starter

Hey that was fun last night. I didn't mind the deaths with Chillblade too much. I am still learning the game so dying is to be expected.

I started a new tanker (fire/fire) to replace Chillblade...that turd armor graphic is just too horrible LOL. He is named The Charbroiler so keep an eye out.

Thanks for letting me join. Good fun.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn

Last edited by Bad-example : 05-28-2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #411
gi
College Prospect

Back from vacation and ready to join the Tues/Thurs Group. ID on Virtue: Motown Mayhem ID on Victory is Gazzoo (Sp might be a little off.....I'll confirm soon.) Controller - needed a break from healing...Though I have rad healing.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:51 PM   #412
hoopsguy
General Manager

What was the turd armor power anyway? I remember seeing it and thinking it must be some kind of mud power ... trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #413
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

I had a lot of fun as well except for when I would lead others to their untimely death, by accident of course. Having only played ranged characters in both CoH and Dark Age it may take some time for me to get used to running with a tanker. Hopefully things will get easier for me and I won't make so many stupid mistakes. BTW, if you can't tell, I'm very hard on myself when it comes to these damn games.

Fritz, I was very disappointed not to have seen you there since you had already split by the time that I had gotten off of work. My character was created on your behalf and I was hoping to get a laugh out of you once you had seen him. O'well, maybe next week.

At any rate, I look forward to next Tuesday and Lug is completely ready to roll some heads.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:04 PM   #414
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
What was the turd armor power anyway? I remember seeing it and thinking it must be some kind of mud power ... trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have it on Fighting Miner and it's a sort of rock armor. You're supposed to be so in tune with the earth that you can draw upon it's strength to give you protection, or some garbage like that...

Old 05-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #415
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

Although I patterned and named Chillblade to match his Ice Melee offense, I chose the Stone Armor defensive set because the powers looked like a strong combo. In my week plus running around, I never saw any stone armor graphics on other players, so I figured they were more subtle graphically, like the Invulnerability power set.

Had I known my new power was going to make me look like last night's dinner, I would have went another way. What were the developers thinking?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #416
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I leveled Key West Mike up so that he will match the travelling party. I am little worried about what Florida Fringe has in store.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #417
korme
Go Reds

man, i would play this if it wasn't 15 bills a month..
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:09 PM   #418
gi
College Prospect

Got gazzo up to 7, ready for Tuesday.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:32 AM   #419
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe
I had a lot of fun as well except for when I would lead others to their untimely death, by accident of course. Having only played ranged characters in both CoH and Dark Age it may take some time for me to get used to running with a tanker. Hopefully things will get easier for me and I won't make so many stupid mistakes. BTW, if you can't tell, I'm very hard on myself when it comes to these damn games.
I've started a tanker on Champion (i wish the server page would indicate which servers you have a character) and the tanker is very weak at early levels. There is not tanking except into the hospital. Others are telling me that the tanker comes into its own around 8-10th level. I hope because I can't wade into melee and live. I'm an Invince/Fire tanker and I should have named myself PushOver or SirDiesALot. I know the hospital staff by name.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 05-30-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #420
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think you just have to be careful with tankers at first. I really had few problems with mine in terms of dying, but you don't really start getting your abilities slotted up till level 10 or so. A lot of people (including me) make the mistake of getting Provoke too early, like at 8 or 10, when your defensive abilities can't handle the aggro that Provoke provides. I'm still liking my tanker a lot, up to level 17 now.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:32 AM   #421
gi
College Prospect

After tonight, if it really looks like we need another healer, I will level one up to the level we finish at. Looking forward to tonight's group. What time does everyone usually sign on at?
Old 06-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #422
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
After tonight, if it really looks like we need another healer, I will level one up to the level we finish at. Looking forward to tonight's group. What time does everyone usually sign on at?

Around 9 pm.

I now have a tanker and a controller, what does the group want me to use?

Also, what is everyone else bringing to the par-Tay?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:22 AM   #423
gi
College Prospect

Controller with a minor rad heal.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #424
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

Lug the Old School Midget Wrestler (Security Level 7 Natural / Super Strength Tanker) should be able to attend tonight btw 9 & 10pm EST.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #425
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

project schism willl be on tonight also at 9
Old 06-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #426
MrBug708
Head Coach

What server are you guys on?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #427
JeeberD
General Manager

GI Jeeber will be there with guns and grenades in hand at 9pm eastern...

Old 06-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #428
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

MB, we're on Victory...

Old 06-01-2004, 05:21 PM   #429
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
GI Jeeber will be there with guns and grenades in hand at 9pm eastern...

Not quite "with bells on"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #430
Bad-example
College Starter

I should be able to make it...my fire/fire tanker The Charbroiler and The Shrubber are both level 7 so I can use whichever fits better.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #431
gi
College Prospect

On now...looking around....Name: Gazzo
Old 06-01-2004, 07:06 PM   #432
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

OK so there is a regular group forming Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 Eastern?

And this is on the Victory server? OK I might just have to work a character up in level there, and join in.

By the time I log in there are no FOFCers online. I dont' start until 10 or 11 Pacific time. I will have to try and get out earlier a couple of times.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:44 PM   #433
hoopsguy
General Manager

Doc Evil should be there in about 15 minutes. I don't think we have other healers, so I'll keep him rolling along instead of my Tanker or Controller (Lvl 7 and 6, I think).
Old 06-02-2004, 06:40 AM   #434
gi
College Prospect

Had fun last night, even with all the deaths. Made a Healing defender before I left, will attempt to get him to 8th probably tonight if anyone else is interested to level up a character for the Tues/Thur Group. I'll be on around 9pm EST, name is: Aucoin
Old 06-02-2004, 08:29 AM   #435
Bonegavel

OMG! Worst. Team. Leading. EVER. I thought it would be a walk in the Perez Park but it turned out to be nothing but a stretcher ride to the hospital. Still was fun, but they should put the hospital closer to PP.

I'll try and get that screen shot posted when I get home later tonight.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #436
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

I will be happy if I can just get out of debt next session
Old 06-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #437
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
I will be happy if I can just get out of debt next session

we did one last mission after PP and that easily wiped out my debt so I'm sure you'll be debt free in the first half hour.

Our combination last night was a bit interesting. IIRC, in the beginning there were 2 or 3 controllers, 2 tankers, 1 blaster, and 1 non-healing defender. Doc kept dropping and was the only true healer on the team.

As much as it would be good to get the "perfect" mix of ATs for our group, I think I am more interested to see if we just use whatever combo shows up and see if we can find a strategy to make it work. Adds a bit of uncertainty to the mix.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #438
rufusjonz
Banned

Lvl 16 Def
The Famous Nujack
Victory server
Knights of Justice SG
rufusjonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:45 PM   #439
Bonegavel

Updated the CoH name/server list. Let me know if there are any errors.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #440
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry I wasn't able to help out the group last night. I had just a terrible time getting onto the server. Plus, I had some offline issues going on last night that really should have gotten my full attention instead of CoH. After a certain point of restarting, I got the impression that karma was kicking in and decided to step away from the computer for the evening.

What level are guys at now? I'm not sure how much time I'll have before tomorrow night's session, but I can probably get up to Lvl 8. Also, I suspect that the level of the healer relative to the group isn't quite as important as just being there.

Finally, I would enjoy a night in Perez with this group. I've taken this character there a couple of times in between our visits and have always had a good time with large groups in Perez. Plus, I'll cut down on the long walks back from Atlas when people buy the farm. Now if I can find a way to get the new video card before tomorrow night .....
Old 06-02-2004, 06:04 PM   #441
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Had fun last night, even with all the deaths. Made a Healing defender before I left, will attempt to get him to 8th probably tonight if anyone else is interested to level up a character for the Tues/Thur Group. I'll be on around 9pm EST, name is: Aucoin

I made a new guy also hes is called gravity threat. gravity/force field controller ill be on tonight to help you.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #442
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin is signing on now...
Old 06-02-2004, 09:33 PM   #443
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

grouped with gi tonight it was fun exept in the beginning. Had the pleasure of being in a team with the biggest dipshit Ive met in the game so far . Name was heartbreaker. first we go in the sewers and then we dont get any xp because there is a lvl 9 in the team. He (i am assuming) kicks out the guy without saying anything. I just shrug it off. Then we get split up and 1 of are tankers dies. He doesnt have a revive and then the dipshit says he has one but wont give it up. Then the red flag goes up in my head that this person is defiantly a dipshit. so the tanker goes to the hospital and makes a comment about the persons maturity. Then after a minute kicks him out because he was going to sit there and leech xp.

Everyone quits and i sent a tell telling him good luck getting out of here alive alone fuckface. Unfourtanly i died trying to get out(no debt yet). And i see the dipshit coming out of the hosptial. Easily the dumbest person ive had to deal with so far in the game.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #444
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wish I had known you guys were on ... I was hitting up Perez getting Doc Evil up to speed after missing most of Tuesday.

Also, I think I've resolved at least some of the drop issues I've been banging into. I sent the virtual memory settings way up from where they were and had a pretty smooth evening, particularly in comparison to the last few nights of play. That, plus pulling the Novell client off the workstation have the PC humming along so far.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:30 PM   #445
Bad-example
College Starter

Sorry I had to leave so abruptly on Tuesday. Charbroiler had a pretty good time overall. I will try and make it Thursday but I might have to take care of some family-type stuff instead.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:44 AM   #446
gi
College Prospect

ageofquarrel you said it. That person really pissed me off. The day was saved by teaming up together with the remander of the team minus that guy. Had a great time and made two levels. Level 5 now. If it wasn't for my early start yesterday forcing me to leave at 10pm, I'm sure we could have made another level. I probably will not be on until around 10pm (EST)..depends. Seeing Monty Python's Life of Brian in the theater, last day it is being reshown in the theater so I have to see it at 7pm tonight.

Thanks again ageofquarrel for the great group!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #447
Bonegavel

Ok, so let's meet in Atlas Park 2 tonight at 9pm EST and then head into Perez Park. We can patrol the streets or head into the park. I think that entering from Atlas is better than Galaxy.

See you all tonight.

Who are you bringing to the suarez?

I'd like to bring my tanker, but he is only 4 or 5th level so i guess The BlackFedora is making another appearance. Since there are other controllers (AoQ just made one and Key West Mike) I may start a blaster or something.

See you in Atlas Park 2 tonight!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:47 AM   #448
condors
College Starter

you can remove gwain from viture server i deleted him and Kieran is now 16
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:32 PM   #449
JeeberD
General Manager

I most likely won't be able to make it tonight. Tonight is my lone day off this week and when my girlfriend gets off from work this evening we're going to go see Prisoner of Azkaban.

I love me some Harry Potter...

Old 06-03-2004, 12:36 PM   #450
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Crud, the movie doesn't come out until tomorrow night. That makes me sad...