Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 04:58 PM   #401
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck127
Can u play right now primelord?

No I am still at work.

But I can probably play in about 90 minutes or so.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:40 PM   #402
Kodos
Resident Alien

Are the servers even up? I read on MaddenOnline that they've been down a lot recently.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #403
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by CoachTD7
Vince,

I didn't understand what you were talking about the Bills. Kodos do you want to play me with the Bills? I am open tonight at 12:30pm ET. Let me know.

Coach TD7

Man, I'm beat tonight. I should be available tomorrow during the afternoon if you want to play.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #404
primelord
Pro Rookie

I am able to play if anyone is around.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #405
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am around today and tomorrow if anyone wants to play... esp Coach TD7 to make up my game with the chargers...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 09:30 AM   #406
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos and Big DPW,

I can play one of you tonight around 12:30pm ET. Also, tomorrow I can play after 3:30pm ET. Let me know.

Coach TD7

http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html
CoachTD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #407
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't think I can play at 12:30 ET. I'm having people over tonight. Sorry Coach!
Old 03-01-2003, 06:31 PM   #408
BigDPW
College Prospect

CoachTD7
If you can play earlier than 12:30 let me know... Otherwise we can hookup sometime after 3:30 tomorrow... I am pretty flexible so just email me to let me know what time works best for you tomorrow!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #409
joegibbsjr.
n00b

I have to play the Bills in my week 7 game. Has anyone figured out who my opponent is going to be? Whoever is going to take that game let me know when we can play. I'm ready to get rolling again. I would'nt mind playing today or tonight if possible.
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 01:36 PM   #410
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

You mentioned that a person that used the Bills would either be an in conference owner or an out of conference owner. So if the Bills were playing the Skins why would someone from the Bills conference play them? They would want to throw the game, because it would hurt the Bills playoff chances (not that they have any without an owner). What would make sense would be to have a person in the same conference that the Bills are playing use them. This would create motivation for them to win the game, because it would help their team get ahead of the team the Bills is playing. Even if the Bills won out they still couldn't get it the playoffs so it would not hurt the player to want to win with them. Do you see what I am saying? Basically, an owner from the same league that the Bills is playing against should play with the Bills. For example. Bills versus Redskins. It should be you or someone else in your conference versus Joe Gibbs Jr. or Redskins.

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-02-2003 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:52 PM   #411
Vince
Pro Starter

Coach - While your logic is good, I don't really see anyone here throwing games even if they aren't playing with their own team. I think we should just have whoever can make up the games make up the games, for the sake of saving time.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:19 PM   #412
Chuck127
n00b

Hey Guys here is a suggestion Why not just give whoever plays the Bills or Dolphins an automatic forfiet win? Before u think I'm crazy look at it like this

The Dolphins were 0-3 ..That means every1 that played him already got that win...everyone in American conference plays him twice so its an egual Distribution of wins for conference play. As for non conference play he lost 2 of the his non confernce games and had yet to play Broncos..so i dont think it would effect standings drastically to give Kodos the forfiet win. (no disrespect Kodos)

Next the Bills are 1-4..same thing applys to conference play every one would get 2 wins....yes i know vince lost to Bills in week 4 but we could all be good sports and let him have that win. As for non conference play he already lost 2 non conference games and had yet to play the skins.....(this is the only roadblock to my suggestion) due to the fact he is undefeated and just handing him another win would be tough especially to the guys in the National conference. So the only option here would be to have someone from the National conference use the bills vs JoeGibbs to make up just that game.

I think my suggestion will work...it will elimate trying to make up these games and wondering who your gonna play. I think its pretty fair.........maybe I did overlook something.....let me know everyones opinion!
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:46 PM   #413
primelord
Pro Rookie

Hey Chuck do you want to play our game right now?
Old 03-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #414
Chuck127
n00b

Yeah I can play right Now!

Are u going on now FML room?

Last edited by Chuck127 : 03-02-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #415
primelord
Pro Rookie

Yea I will see you there in about 10 minutes
Old 03-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #416
Chris01
n00b

Hey Raven, and Rainraven. When are good times for either of you to get our week 7 and 8 games in. Just get back to me. Thanks. Also good scrimmage game we had Joe Gibbs Jr.
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #417
Kodos
Resident Alien

Actually, I like Chuck's plan. Saves a lot of effort.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-02-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:38 PM   #418
Kodos
Resident Alien

Or, I can abandon the Broncos, and take over the Dolphins. That way, each conference has one dead team, which everyone can have a win against. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but thought I'd put the idea out there.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:07 PM   #419
Chris01
n00b

Also good game to you as well Chuck127. Thanks for the game last night bud.
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 06:07 PM   #420
primelord
Pro Rookie

Ok Chuck127 and I got our game in this afternoon. It just wasn't Chuck's day today. Everything went against him.

Jets - 44
Bears - 7

Kodos,

I talked to my friend and he went back to his home town because his Dad was pretty sick. He is going to be there awhile so he said we probably should just go on without him. Sorry I tried to fill the spot.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:08 PM   #421
primelord
Pro Rookie

RainRaven,

I am able to play our game tonight if you are interested.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:09 PM   #422
Chuck127
n00b

WEEK 5

BEARS @ JETS

OK I JUST HAD MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY PRIMELORD!

This was by far my worst game I have ever played!

FINAL SCORE

JETS 44
BEARS 7

good game Primelord sorry I wasnt much of a challange!

On a side note Urlacher did have 12 tackles pretty impressive.

Oh and also in the 4th quarter the anouncers were totally ripping on me...lol never heard anything like that before

Last edited by Chuck127 : 03-02-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #423
primelord
Pro Rookie

Sorry I forgot to say good game Chuck.

Urlacher was all over the place. He is a nightmare to run against. He sheds blockers like they weren't even there and is so damn fast. Him and Mike Brown make it very hard to run to the right.

It was just one of those games where one side couldn't do wrong and the other couldn't do anything right. I am usually on the other end of those types of games. Like I said online I am sure our next encounter will be much closer.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #424
Vince
Pro Starter

Even if we change the Bills to auto-forfeits, I don't mind if I keep the loss (at the rate I'm playing, I'm not a playoff threat anyway ). Kodos' idea might work, that he changes to the Dolphins and each league has a dead team, but either way works for me.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 07:58 PM   #425
CoachTD7
n00b

Week 4

Final Score

San Diego (Coach TD7) 17
New England (Big DPW) 0

The game was alot closer than the score. The weather was bad and so were the offenses. I just got lucky enough to score. Good game once again Big DPW.

Coach TD7

Old 03-02-2003, 08:07 PM   #426
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

I am for you giving up the Broncos for the Phins as long as all the games you have played still count against you. Have you played anyone twice yet? If not then this should work good. What was your record? Like 0-5. I think then you should have those loses count against you. That would be unfair for those who beat you. I am not saying add the Broncos and Phins record together just have the same record as you do now. Simply put, if you played the Patriots already while the Broncos and they(Patriots) had to play the Dolphins twice still you should have only play the Patriots one more time. This way you won't have to play people 3 times in the regular season.
Also, can you edit the first page of these threads and put my name Coach TD7 as the Chargers owner. It isn't a big deal, but just incase people don't know who to contact. Thank you!

Coach TD7

Old 03-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #427
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

I was thinking about what I said above and I was wondering what would happen to the wins that teams got from the Broncos and or Bills? I don't mind if you reduced your loss total as long as the Broncos and Bills games meant something. I dislike the idea of having to play you 3 times in a season though.

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-02-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:26 PM   #428
Chuck127
n00b

Kodos your the owner or commish or whatever you wanna Dub yourself......feel free to take over the Dolphins if you please, you have my support!

This will be an easy transition and it is very simple as to how it will work out........ive put some thought into it as far as what to do and what your record should be.

Ok here I go this is how it could work in the best intrest of the league.......mainly touching on what your record should be when you sign the contract to take the Dolphins Coaching position!

Week 1 and 2 Losses for the Dolphins should not change..they lost to the Redskins and Bears both of which you have played and also lost to as the Broncos. No biggie there!..puts your record at 0-2

Week 3 for the Dolphins has not been played to my knowledge..so no change there. record still 0-2 (i do have an idea for this below keep reading)

Week 4 the Dolphins lost to the Titans and this result does not need to change either..since you played the Titans in Week 2 and lost using the Broncos, bringing your record to 0-3

Now the issue of playing people more than twice in conference play........this only effects the Chargers(CoachTD7 as I understand you two already played one game against each other. (Broncos vs Chargers)....I really dont see this being a problem....no matter what the Chargers get that Week 1 win.......and it should be an honor to get to play the owner/commish of the FML an extra time...lol ....only other option would be to take the Week1 Chargers vs Broncos result and using it for your Week 3 Chargers vs Dolphins game....and just make the week1 game a Broncos forfiet. Thus putting the Dolphins at 0-4 when you take them over.

I feel there is no problem in granting Kodos his wish of caoching the Dolphins! And its a fair transition, that will help keep the league fun as it should be!

So the result would be Free wins if you are scheduled to play the BRoncos or Bills.......and Kodos has abunch of games to make up with his new team!
Old 03-02-2003, 11:40 PM   #429
Chuck127
n00b

Kodos your updated schedule/results would look like this!
if you accepted my proposal!

Week1
[email protected] 14-7

Week2
[email protected] 24-10

Week3
[email protected] 20-10

Week4
[email protected] 17-2

Week5
Colts@Dolphins

Week6
Chargers@Dolphins

Week7
[email protected] Forfiet

Week8
Dolphins@Patriots

Week9

Week10
Dolphins@Colts

Week11
Titans@Dolphins

Week12

Week13
Patriots@Dolphins

Hope this helps better visualizing my previous post! I kept the Dolphins original scores from games in Weeks 1,2 and 4...and substituted the score from your prvious game with CoachTD7 into week 3...if that what u guys decide to do. And also threw in the Forfiet wins for ya!
Old 03-03-2003, 09:10 AM   #430
CoachTD7
n00b

I can agree to that if everyone else can(Kodos Bronco game against me counts as one of the Dolphins game against me). It makes my win against Kodos count and it makes each conference have even teams and it gives Kodos 2 less losses. I am all for that. Let's decide this swiftly though. Like today or tomorrow (Monday or Tuesday).

Kodos when can we play each other (you with Dolphins)? Tonight at 7pm ET would work for me. You would be home against me. Also, would you like me to make a simple website with the league standing and schedule? It would only take me an hour or 2 and it would be quick so we could see what was going on. I just have a difficult time going through the threads. We of course would use these, but would have a quick reference for the standings and schedule. Let me know about when can we play and the website idea. Thanks!

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-03-2003 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #431
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have a simplified plan. I take over the Dolphins, but am not playoff eligible. Let's face it. I've lost 6 games already in a 13-game schedule. There is no way I should make the playoffs, whatever team I own. I don't want to make the playoffs if I don't deserve it, and frankly, I don't deserve it with the way I've played recently. I'll take the Dolphins with their current record, and all games I played as the Broncos count (they were all losses anyhow) against the Broncos. All future Broncos games are forfeits. If there is a hole in this plan, please feel free to point it out.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #432
primelord
Pro Rookie

The hole in the plan is I only get to whip you once now instead of twice.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:37 PM   #433
Kodos
Resident Alien

'tis a shame.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:12 PM   #434
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

Read my other posts as far as the hole in the plan. I shouldn't have to play you 3 times in the regular season. The reason after a while you get to know people's tendecies. I like Chuck's idea. It is a lot smoother. All Bronco games would be forfeit except the one you played they would count as Phins game. That way you would be 0-4. I don't care if you made the playoffs with the Phins. You would still have to play well to get in. What time can you play? Look at other post for time.

Coach TD7

Old 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM   #435
Kodos
Resident Alien

Coach, if I can play tonight at all, it wouldn't be until 11 CST or so. Any time earlier than that is unworkable for me.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #436
Kodos
Resident Alien

Let's get everyone's opinion on which plan we go with. I don't really care what we do, so I'll go along with whatever is most popular.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #437
Chuck127
n00b

KODOS you do want you want man I'll support ya.......

I dont see why its such a big deal that he would have to play u an extra time......

CoachTD7 I dont really get why your so concered about Kodos finding out your tendencies by playing him a extra time.....What are you gonna do if you make the playoffs and will have to play someone that you've already played twice? You think they wouldnt know your tendencies?

I just substituted the game into week 3 so it would be one less game for you to make up! But Its really up to you KODOS
Old 03-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #438
primelord
Pro Rookie

CoachTD7 have you played Kodos yet? Once you do trust me you will want to play him 2 more times.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #439
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wink

So he can learn from the best. That's what primelord means. Jackass!

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
CoachTD7 have you played Kodos yet? Once you do trust me you will want to play him 2 more times.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:51 PM   #440
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
So he can learn from the best. That's what primelord means. Jackass!

I know. I know. I give Kodos too much trouble. I think we can all agree that Kodos is without question the best 0-6 Madden player in our league.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:01 PM   #441
Kodos
Resident Alien

The good news is that I have been playing somewhat better recently, so maybe I can actually manage a win. Of course, I've been practicing with the Broncos, who aren't very similar to the Dolphins...
Old 03-03-2003, 03:40 PM   #442
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

How about 11:30pm CST in FML room? To appease everyone I will play you two more times. However, that means that all games with the Broncos only counted as Broncos games and not Dolphins games. You take Dolphins record as it was before Fritz dropped the PS2. Broncos forfeit rest of their games and lets get a move on! Can we just get a move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach TD7

Old 03-03-2003, 04:06 PM   #443
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by CoachTD7
Kodos,

How about 11:30pm CST in FML room? To appease everyone I will play you two more times. However, that means that all games with the Broncos only counted as Broncos games and not Dolphins games. You take Dolphins record as it was before Fritz dropped the PS2. Broncos forfeit rest of their games and lets get a move on! Can we just get a move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach TD7

That is fine with me. 11:30 CST in FML room. I will see you then. Hey, at least you can see my tendencies too. Like, for example, my tendency to lose a lot. But everyone is familiar with that.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:14 PM   #444
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Like, for example, my tendency to lose a lot. But everyone is familiar with that.

PrimeLord is ESPECIALLY familiar with that tendency.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #445
RainRaven
High School JV

primelord, I can play tonight after 11:30 eastern and same goes for tuesday March 4 too if you can't make it tonight.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #446
primelord
Pro Rookie

I am able to play tonight Rain Raven. I will see you there around 11:30 EST
Old 03-03-2003, 04:54 PM   #447
CoachTD7
n00b

Rainraven,

Do you want to play me at 7pm ET tonight? Let me know if not how about tomorrow either at that time or 12:30pm ET? Let me know. I can probably do it earlier if you want.

Kodos,

What is your record with the Dolphins then? I will see you tonight.

Coach TD7

Old 03-03-2003, 04:58 PM   #448
Kodos
Resident Alien

I believe the Phins are 0-4 (edit: including the Broncos game that we changed to be our Week 3 game result). So are we going with the Phins being playoff-eligible or not? I will let you guys decide, and I'm fine if they're not.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-03-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #449
primelord
Pro Rookie

Yes they are playoff eligible.

This is all supposed to be for fun. I don't see any reason to make them non playoff eligible.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:25 PM   #450
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck127
Kodos your updated schedule/results would look like this!
if you accepted my proposal!

Week1
[email protected] 14-7

Week2
[email protected] 24-10

Week3
[email protected] 20-10

Week4
[email protected] 17-2

Week5
Colts@Dolphins

Week6
Chargers@Dolphins

Week7

Week8
Dolphins@Patriots

Week9

Week10
Dolphins@Colts

Week11
Titans@Dolphins

Week12

Week13
Patriots@Dolphins

Hope this helps better visualizing my previous post! I kept the Dolphins original scores from games in Weeks 1,2 and 4...and substituted the score from your prvious game with CoachTD7 into week 3...if that what u guys decide to do. And also threw in the Forfiet wins for ya!

Coach TD7. I will agree to this plan, where my loss to you with the Broncos counts as our first Dolphins - Chargers game. I will start off my Dolphins' ownership 0-4, but playoff eligible. You get credit for a 20-10 victory over the Phins in Week 3. This should resolve all issues with the transition. We will play our Week 6 Chargers at Fins game tonight. Sound good to you?

Also, Vince will get credit for a win versus the Bills, so that all Bills games are forfeits. If somebody has already beaten the Bills, they will keep the score from that game, but otherwise any other game will be a forfeit win for the Bills' opponent. Same thing for the Broncos - any game already played counts, any unplayed games will be forfeit wins for the opponent.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-03-2003 at 06:34 PM.