Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #401
Clown2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
I sure hope your school bus driver friend knows what you are talking about, because that makes no sense to me.
its your quote....
baby jesus knows....maybe a comma or semicolon to get your point across
such as baby, jesus knows
or baby jesus; knows

Last edited by Clown2 : 10-14-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Clown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #402
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I was thinking of another Vikings fan.

no, he's usually pretty witty, and less beligerant.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #403
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown2
its your quote....
baby jesus knows....maybe a comma or semicolon to get your point across
such as baby, jesus knows
or baby jesus; knows

Oh, I know another quote by the baby jesus.

"Be good while I'm gone, or I'll come back stronger and more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #404
Clown2
Banned

I dont know that verse...
Hey I'm knew here am I being mean...
I thought this was the big boy board?
---sorry if i came across mean!~
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #405
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Do you by chance have any expertise in the area of kick ass video games?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #406
Clown2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Do you by chance have any expertise in the area of kick ass video games?
I enjoy a good round of Lemonaide Stand!

Me and my brother used to play Abpa football year around.....you know the cards and the boards and the dice....oh gawd...This game is amazing compared to that ...lame game.

Thanks for the chat...anyone else want to take a shot at the CLOWN!
You guys are STILL funny!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #407
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
I enjoy a good round of Lemonaide Stand!

Me and my brother used to play Abpa football year around.....you know the cards and the boards and the dice....oh gawd...This game is amazing compared to that ...lame game.

Thanks for the chat...anyone else want to take a shot at the CLOWN!
You guys are STILL funny!

No, but thanks for the compliment.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #408
Clown2
Banned

sorry I ment to say Funny looking!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #409
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
sorry I ment to say Funny looking!

Burn.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #410
Clown2
Banned

sachmo what league are you in?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #411
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
sachmo what league are you in?

strictly minor leagues. bush league, even.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #412
Icy
Pro Starter

Related questions as i just too knowledge about anybody being able to open the league as commish or as any other team.

- Does it mean that for example Kansas owner can open the league as Miami, release all the players, export and upload the file? That is an extreme example that would be easily noticeable, but there are tons of minors things that could be done that way to your oponents.

- Also, if you open it as another team, can you see their gameplans for the past week?

- Can i open as any other team and watch all the roster throught the eyes of their scouts instead of mine?

I think the answer to all that questions is yes, and if so then we have a major problem that would make me reconsider if it worths to play in any online league, not only because GM's being able to cheat during contracts etc, but also because there is no point on having scouts or gameplanning thinking that nobody knows how do you play. I feel i have been playing blind until now.

Last edited by Icy : 10-14-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #413
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Related questions as i just too knowledge about anybody being able to open the league as commish or as any other team.

- Does it mean that for example Kansas owner can open the league as Miami, release all the players, export and upload the file? That is an extreme example that would be easily noticeable, but there are tons of minors things that could be done that way to your oponents.

- Also, if you open it as another team, can you see their gameplans for the past week?

- Can i open as any other team and watch all the roster throught the eyes of their scouts instead of mine?

I think the answer to all that questions is yes, and if so then we have a major problem that would make me reconsider if it worths to play in any online league, not only because GM's being able to cheat during contracts etc, but also because there is no point on having scouts or gameplanning thinking that nobody knows how do you play. I feel i have been playing blind until now.

Yes, yes, yes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #414
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, i have been confirmed about all that what is really sad. I doubt that a lot of GM's have done any major cheat with contracts etc, but i'm pretty sure that some have opened the file as other teams to watch their gameplans. I wonder now why all the stupid secretism about sharing gameplaning knowledge if everybody can open your file and watch your gameplans.

Sad day for me as FOF multiplayer, the true really hurts and i feel i have been a stupid blind until today thinking everybody was trying to guess the rivals gameplans when the true is that everybody could just watch them.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #415
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Dola, i have been confirmed about all that what is really sad. I doubt that a lot of GM's have done any major cheat with contracts etc, but i'm pretty sure that some have opened the file as other teams to watch their gameplans. I wonder now why all the stupid secretism about sharing gameplaning knowledge if everybody can open your file and watch your gameplans.

Sad day for me as FOF multiplayer, the true really hurts and i feel i have been a stupid blind until today thinking everybody was trying to guess the rivals gameplans when the true is that everybody could just watch them.

Playing multiplayer online games with strangers will ALWAYS have this problem. Doesn't matter if it is a football text sim, an RTS, or an FPS. There are a bunch of people out there that will do ANYTHING to win, and there are a bunch of people out there whose idea of fun is wrecking the game for other people.

If you don't want to deal with this, play with people you know and like. My office FOF league is going strong, and I doubt the IHOF will have issues like this. But if you're playing with random people you barely know, you'll deal with this in every game you play.

Unfortunately the cheaters / team-killers have the upper hand. It is impossible to stop them messing with stuff, ESPECIALLY on the PC because they have access to the client code. Sure, there are steps Jim could take to help raise the bar a bit, but even passwords can be cracked because the cracker has access to the algorithm to decrypt them (it's in the .exe he is running). Heck, the Xbox is a "closed" system and it has been hacked to death.

So your best bet is to play with people you know and trust.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:37 PM   #416
Icy
Pro Starter

I see your point gstelmack, but we are playing through internet, everybody is a stranger. We can know all the nicks, even some real names and have friends made at fofc or other boards, but to say that you really know that ppl...

About being always ways to crack a game, yes that is true, but it's not the same to use a password cracker, or to have programming knowledge to guess the encript code from a .exe than to just being able to open the league game as any team with a few clicks. As i said before, i doubt lots of ppl is really cheating with contracts but to watch the other team gameplans or throught their scouts eyes? well that is a minor cheat and i bet a lot justify it as just doing advanced scouting.

Today i have lost most of my interest on online leagues, it's like if suddenly you knew for sure that the game AI cheated you when playing solo, would you play that game ever again?

Also, why haven't this ever documented/discussed so all us would know about it? or i missed that threads or again the stupid competitive ppl didn't talk about that to use in their own profit as it's done with a lot of knowledge about fof2k4.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #417
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I wish my FOF league had an office.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #418
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

So should there be a "Blackballed list" posted in the FOFC MP directory including aliases and IP addresses of known offenders/cheaters?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 10-14-2005 at 01:48 PM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:05 PM   #419
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Also, why haven't this ever documented/discussed so all us would know about it? or i missed that threads or again the stupid competitive ppl didn't talk about that to use in their own profit as it's done with a lot of knowledge about fof2k4.

It has been mentioned and discussed quite a few times that I remember. I think the reason it isn't more often is twofold. One, most of us are resolved to the fact that we have to have some blind trust in MP leagues. And two, there's no need to give people that would do this kind of thing any more ideas.

As for gameplanning and stuff, if you tweak your gameplans at the last moment, it's essentially like real life. Real life teams know basically what their opponents are going to do, but there are always last minute adjustments and stuff. In NAFL, if you do your gameplanning off the interim file, no other team can see your "wrinkles" until after the game.

I understand your frustration, but I think you may be going overboard on how extensive the damage really is in things like this.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #420
prime98
n00b

Theres another exploit that lets you renegotiate contracts that have already been signed. For example if you signed a player after the season starts, they only take one year deals, but the exploit lets you sign them to a multi-year contract.

Its quite easy to detect since the player will be listed as signing 2 contracts in the logs, but also quite easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. Just another thing to keep an eye out for.
prime98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #421
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

There is also a cheat that allows you to lose many games a year and not have a winning record yet in your MP league.

Oh wait, thats not a cheat, its just my pathetic game planning.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #422
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime98
Theres another exploit that lets you renegotiate contracts that have already been signed. For example if you signed a player after the season starts, they only take one year deals, but the exploit lets you sign them to a multi-year contract.

Its quite easy to detect since the player will be listed as signing 2 contracts in the logs, but also quite easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. Just another thing to keep an eye out for.

Im guessing, just off hand, that you trade the guy to another team, and then back to your team, and then save in Commish mode, open in regular mode, and then sign him to a new contract?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #423
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
There is also a cheat that allows you to lose many games a year and not have a winning record yet in your MP league.

Oh wait, thats not a cheat, its just my pathetic game planning.

Start punting on first down. That will throw them off.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #424
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Start punting on first down. That will throw them off.

That would be probably do just as well as my QB waiting til third down to throw his 5th INT of the game. Oh well, I crushed the Cowboys though.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #425
prime98
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Im guessing, just off hand, that you trade the guy to another team, and then back to your team, and then save in Commish mode, open in regular mode, and then sign him to a new contract?
Yep. I imagine after this thread many commissioners will be a little more watchful, and this is very easy to check. Though I wouldn't be surprised if someone has used it before.
prime98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #426
Nwobhm
Mascot

I think he's still in the NFL front office league..otherwise everyone's given him the boot
Nwobhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #427
JediKooter
Coordinator

It just sucks that this type of attention is the most attention our league has ever had.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #428
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
It just sucks that this type of attention is the most attention our league has ever had.

f'in elitists...there can be only one.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #429
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwobhm
I think he's still in the NFL front office league..otherwise everyone's given him the boot

Acutally, he left our league before this thing even went down. Good to see that he's gone from every league he was in.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #430
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I think it is ridiculous how the media has hyped this issue up to epic proportions. It's now become this week's shark attacks. I don't think that a 5% chance of someone cheating 50 million FOF players in multiplayer is really that big of a deal
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #431
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
I think it is ridiculous how the media has hyped this issue up to epic proportions. It's now become this week's shark attacks. I don't think that a 5% chance of someone cheating 50 million FOF players in multiplayer is really that big of a deal

huh?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #432
Clown2
Banned

Just another bush leaguer!
Old 10-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #433
Clown2
Banned

Quote:
Just another bush leaguer!
wait a minute 15 posts...I'm a BUSH leaguer!
Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #434
Subby
lolzcat

Hey wig!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #435
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
So should there be a "Blackballed list" posted in the FOFC MP directory including aliases and IP addresses of known offenders/cheaters?

I'll second that.

And just as an aside, this thread 's been a real eye opener. Call me naive or stupid, but I never even thought of opening a game as the commish or another team...

Oh, and some great discussion about elevators in there somewhere too...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #436
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter

I agree...thats why I am still asking if anyone wants to join! We don't put with any shit! lol...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #437
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am pretty surprised as to how much exposure my post got, I thought maybe this was something that had been seen before which is why I posted about it, because I was baffled. Really opened some eyes all over.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:57 PM   #438
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
I am pretty surprised as to how much exposure my post got, I thought maybe this was something that had been seen before which is why I posted about it, because I was baffled. Really opened some eyes all over.

you have eyes all over? eww.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #439
RailsFS
Mascot

Quote:
you have eyes all over? ohhh .

fixed
RailsFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:05 AM   #440
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
f'in elitists...there can be only one.

haha. At least our commisioner hasn't run off on us.......oh wait, that already happened to us too. Nevermind.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:47 AM   #441
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, this thread and this situation have been a bit of a depressing eye opener (with regards to online league), as Triple-F said, as I have never considered this possibilty. And it kind of saddens me that someone would even consider doing it.

On the other hand, I honestly cannot say it's made any difference to me one way or the other. I don't know if it's arrogance, pride, naivete, stupidity or a combination of all but I don't feel like I have anything to worry about with regards to this with the CFL group of owners. And, based on what I know of them so far, as we go through more seasons together, we will be developing the same feeling for each other in the GEFL group. This is not meant as a knock on any other league or be boastful about the leagues I am participating in in any way, shape or form. I'm simply expressing my feeling for the people who are now feeling ambivalent about participating in an online league that, as you go through seasons and you get to "know" your fellow owners/GMs, you will (hopefully) develop similar feeling, vibe or trust in your fellow owners/GMs and be able to just enjoy the experience for what it is (getting my ass kicked yearly, oh JOY). The only person in the two leagues I know in person is SackAttack so it's not like I can claim to "know" any of these folks in person to be able to get a feel for who and how they are. But after posting with and reading posts by some of the other people on this board and being in a league with some of the people for a period of time, I feel like I can just enjoy myself in a league with them. And just not enjoy my team sucking purely for what it is (my suckness as an owner/GM).

Sorry about the ramble as I'm damn sleepy. I just wanted to toss out my $0.02 toward the people who now seem gunshy about participating in an online league. To me, it's going to just be about getting to know folks you are playing with and just enjoying the experience. And, if you are not, then find a new one.

PS - I think some of y'all are being a bit harsh on the McGuires/Clowns. But that's me.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #442
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy

Has anyone confirmed this?

My answers would be No, Yes, Yes.

I don't see how Exporting your teams stage file to your Commish would cause this problem on another team?

Edit: Never mind your talkign about fake uploading.

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-15-2005 at 06:35 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:36 AM   #443
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
Has anyone confirmed this?

My answers would be No, Yes, Yes.

I don't see how Exporting your teams stage file to your Commish would cause this problem on another team?

Edit: Never mind your talkign about fake uploading.

The answer is yes. However, most leagues have a system by which only one GM can upload or send his team's exports - whether it be a set e-mail address from which to send it or the way the NAFL has now, an upload page where a GM's forum log-in is used and he can only upload his team's extension number.

Edit: Just saw your Edit.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 10-15-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #444
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At least one good thing could possibly come out of Gmac-ing the rookie deals. With this exploit used with a league okay, you can now trade players that have been drafted without having to offer them a huge bonus first. You'd have to put a stipulation on the trade that the new team receiving the player offer him his full slotted contract amount, something to that degree. But it could at least have a benefit in that way.