Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #401
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Jeff George cost a lot of coaches their jobs. Cutler seems well on that same path.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #402
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Vikings get no love. Just beat one of the best teams in the AFC to go to 6-0 and it wasnt that impressive They did lose half their secondary today which allowed the Ravens to come back. Vikings were dominating the game at the point Winfield went down. If my memory serves correct they were ahead 30-14 in the 4th quarter. Winfield, Benny Sapp, AP, and Harvin all were banged up within a short span which made things get interesting.

To be fair, I didn't see the game today. I just saw that they barely squeaked out a win against the Ravens whom I've seen play New England and Cincy and looked bad in both games.

So if the Falcons played against the Vikings, I would like my chances ok right now. Maybe I'm underrating the Vikings as they are a 6-0 team, but I haven't seen a win so far for them that jumps out as a great win for me is all. They beat Cleveland, St. Louis and Detroit (big deal), barely beat San Fran thanks to a last second play (and San Fran isn't that good), barely beat Baltimore.

I guess I need to see more from the Vikings to think they are top 3 NFC right now. I do think they are the best in their division however.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #403
RainMaker
General Manager

He's just an asshole too. Listening to his press conference and he has no respect for anyone. I was real excited when he came to town but you can tell why this offense lacks any leadership. I'm at a point where I'd rather have Orton. He wasn't flashy and didn't put up big numbers, but he didn't fuck up a lot.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #404
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He's just an asshole too. Listening to his press conference and he has no respect for anyone. I was real excited when he came to town but you can tell why this offense lacks any leadership. I'm at a point where I'd rather have Orton. He wasn't flashy and didn't put up big numbers, but he didn't fuck up a lot.

+1...Bears had that game under control tonight in the first quarter and scored 7 points when at the worst they could have been looking at a 13-0 lead which makes the Falcons play catch up. Cutler does not appear to understand anything about the game other than trying to show off his cannon arm at any cost.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #405
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
To be fair, I didn't see the game today. I just saw that they barely squeaked out a win against the Ravens whom I've seen play New England and Cincy and looked bad in both games.

So if the Falcons played against the Vikings, I would like my chances ok right now. Maybe I'm underrating the Vikings as they are a 6-0 team, but I haven't seen a win so far for them that jumps out as a great win for me is all. They beat Cleveland, St. Louis and Detroit (big deal), barely beat San Fran thanks to a last second play (and San Fran isn't that good), barely beat Baltimore.

I guess I need to see more from the Vikings to think they are top 3 NFC right now. I do think they are the best in their division however.

They are pretty good Thy've been scoring like the Saints lately and their defense plays some chaotic football which leads to other teams making a lot of mistakes. I actually thought the Ravens would give them more trouble early. I was kind of surprised they were able to pass their way back in the game. The big punishing teams like the Ravens and Giants are usually disaster for the Vikings. 49ers seem to fit that mold now as well and they fought their way back in the game against the Vikings as well.

Big test next week at Pitt.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-18-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #406
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm going to start sounding like the top ten guy if I keep posting these lists...but I really think that the NFC has three tiers right now.

Top end:

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Giants
4. Falcons

Muddled Middle:

5. Bears
6. Packers
7. 49ers
8. Cardinals
9. Eagles
10. Cowboys
11. Seahawks
12. Panthers

Bottom of the heap:

13. Redskins
14. Lions
15. Buccaneers
16. Rams

I think the gaps between those sets of three are huge - the top 4 are way better than the middle group, and the middle group is miles ahead of the last group.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 10-18-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You forgot the Eagles in your list.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #408
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I'm going to start sounding like the top ten guy if I keep posting these lists...but I really think that the NFC has three tiers right now.

Top end:

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Bears

Muddled Middle:

6. Packers
7. 49ers
8. Cardinals
9. Cowboys
10. Seahawks
11. Panthers

Bottom of the heap:

12. Redskins
13. Lions
14. Buccaneers
15. Rams

I think the gaps between those sets of three are huge - the top 5 are way better than the middle group, and the middle group is miles ahead of the last group.

I agree with most of your tiers, but I think panthers are in the bottom of the heap group. I don't think they are far better than the Redskins, and I think there is a pretty big distance between the Panthers and the Seahawks personally. (when the seahawks are healthy at least).

I don't see the Bears as number 5, I personally think them and the packers are a coin flip right now and both could be co-5/6.

In the top 4, I think right now it is the Saints and then everyone else at least so far from the games we have seen. The Giants, Vikings and Falcons have big questionmarks still. (Giants and Falcons both have huge secondary issues which the Saints will just simply light up), The Vikings haven't really played a top tier team yet and have barely squeaked by some of the mid-tier teams. They might not be much above the Bears/Packers themselves.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #409
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

They dont get to be on a list after losing to the Raiders
Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #410
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

They were disbanded today after losing to the Raiders.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #411
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I thought it was generally known that the Raiders couldn't beat a UFL team, so that must have been some sort of expansion team they played today.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #412
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree with most of your tiers, but I think panthers are in the bottom of the heap group. I don't think they are far better than the Redskins, and I think there is a pretty big distance between the Panthers and the Seahawks personally. (when the seahawks are healthy at least).

I don't see the Bears as number 5, I personally think them and the packers are a coin flip right now and both could be co-5/6.

In the top 4, I think right now it is the Saints and then everyone else at least so far from the games we have seen. The Giants, Vikings and Falcons have big questionmarks still. (Giants and Falcons both have huge secondary issues which the Saints will just simply light up), The Vikings haven't really played a top tier team yet and have barely squeaked by some of the mid-tier teams. They might not be much above the Bears/Packers themselves.

I've already edited the list three times, bouncing the Bears up with the top group and then down with the middle group. After the game they just played, it's hard to argue that they are a BUNCH worse than the Falcons...but I think they're just not as complete a team. While the Falcons still have question marks, they are quite the balanced squad.

I agree that the Vikings need to be truly tested - squeaker wins against mediocre teams like the 49ers and the Ravens are not very convincing. But until they lose, they have to be included in the top tier. As a whole, they are very strong (great run defense and a pretty good pass rush, fantastic offensive balance with the receivers and Peterson/Taylor), but their pass defense is horrible, and that will KILL them in the postseason.

As for the Panthers...I think that they're better than they've played so far. They seem to be fighting Jake Delhomme as much as the teams they are playing against. They can run the ball as well as anyone, so as long as they can play mediocre defense, I think they belong in that middle tier.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #413
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

And if I were to be perfectly honest, the Eagles are better than everyone in the middle tier except for maybe Green Bay and Chicago, but they just lost to the freaking Raiders. It's more than likely a "what the hell was that?!!?" game that will be forgotten, but it certainly doesn't bode well.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #414
dolfin
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
speaking of Brett. He is top 3 in passer rating, comp % and TD's now in the NFL this year. geezus, how the hell? I know he will most likely fall apart at the end of the season. But was he THIS good at the beginning of last season for the jets? anyone remember?

They actually showed this comparison during the game today. Stats were almost identical through the first 5 games, if I remember correctly. 103 rating with the Jets vs 104 with Vikings. Seems like yardage was close, last year had slightly lower completion pct. but 4 more TDs.

I was a little surprised, I didn't remember him starting off so well last year.
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #415
RainMaker
General Manager

Out of the original list, I think Chicago and Atlanta belongs in the middle pack. The top 3 are the elite in the conference and there are just too many flaws in Atlanta and Chicago to put them on top.

As for Minnesota not getting respect, I think it will start. They have had a fairly easy schedule so far which did leave people cautious. They are also really close to having lost a couple games (today's and the miracle 49ers game). They're the best team in the North though which is one of the strongest division in football. I think perhaps the reason people are not mentioning them with New York and New Orleans is because they are so inept in coaching compared to those teams.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #416
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

no, your right they are both decent, I guess I mean I'm not sold on either one being Super Bowl contenders. they both (or at least the Falcons should make the playoffs) The Bears could go 9-7 and still make it also. The NFC is pretty weak it seems after the Saints/ Giants/ Vikings. I think the Saints are clearly clearly the best team in the NFC.
IMO this is my top 6 and playoff teams in NFC

1. Saints (Bye)
2. Vikings (Bye)
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Packers
6. Cards/Niners (or whoever wins that div)

I thought the Eagles, but I just cannot put a team who lost to the Raiders in the top 6 or in the playoffs.
Quote:
Honestly.. which NFC teams are heads and tails better right now?

Saints

Who else?

The Giants probably are better but they were really exposed today.
Vikings? They might be better than the Falcons but wern't super impressive.

The Falcons crushed the 49ers, I don't think the Cowboys are better... The Falcons only lost to the Patriots thus far who is a pretty solid team.

Overall, I would put the Falcons as the 3rd or at worst 4th best team in the NFC right now.

Not sure why you think they are worse.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #417
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
During a season in which good is bad, great is awful, and okay is bleh or rocking, you gotta admire the Falcons for being consistent. Playoffs last year and 4-1 this on.

You're absolutely right, I agree. Read above.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #418
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I think this is right, while I do think they would beat any of the teams at the bottom of that list, I don't think they deserve a line closer than 5 or 6 against a single team above them, just a massive disparity.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #419
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Weird I totally posted my list before reading the rest of the thread. lol.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 10-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #420
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Just saw the Dante Wesley hit, I'm a Panther fan, and I just have no idea what he was thinking. I just can't think that someone would try to hurt someone like that (specially that is defenseless and the punt returner) unless he is just that dumb of a person. Wow, he had to know thats illegal right? Did he just have a massive brain fart, or just not care and wanted to fuck him up. like I said I'm a Panther fan, and I want him cut ASAP if hes that dumb. Cut without any pay, maybe even suspended from the league for a year.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #421
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Just for fun I wanted to do an AFC one. AFC is a lot tougher to decide!

1. Colts (Bye)
2. Broncos (Bye) (also pending tomorrow night)
3. Patriots
4. Bengals
5. Steelers
6. Ravens

Chargers are very close
Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #422
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just for fun I wanted to do an AFC one. AFC is a lot tougher to decide!

1. Colts (Bye)
2. Broncos (Bye) (also pending tomorrow night)
3. Patriots
4. Bengals
5. Steelers
6. Ravens

Chargers are very close

I agree this is much tougher. IMO it is because I still am having a hard time believing in the Broncos or the Bengals. I think the AFC has 4 top teams(1,3,5,6 on your list) and the rest pretty much have a fighting chance of winning every week minus the Browns, Raiders and perhaps the Titans.

I just noticed Denver plays at Baltimore week 8 after a Balt bye next week. I am guessing that one gets ugly.

Also looking at the Saints schedule I am having a hard time finding a loss in there. They have 3 tough games left with 2 of them being at home (New England, Atlanta, At Atlanta)

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-19-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #423
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

AFC list

1. Colts

everyone else
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #424
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
AFC list

1. Colts

everyone else

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #425
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
AFC

Colts vs Steelers/Patriots

NFC

Saints vs. Giants

I think you have to put Minnesota in the mix if Favre stays healthy. Regardless, I don't think anyone beats the Saints in NO.

They will have a first round bye, and at home with an extra week to compare they will be unbeatable, which means they need one tough win, probably also at home, to get to the superbowl.

Saints- Colts looks very possible.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #426
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Who is hurt on the Giants?

Still amazed they could play that type of defense in one of their biggest games of the year. Of course in Dallas they couldnt play defense either. I guess Im a little confused how their defense can dominate some games and look like complete shit some games.

Is it the big o lines that give the Giants problems?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #427
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Who is hurt on the Giants?

Still amazed they could play that type of defense in one of their biggest games of the year. Of course in Dallas they couldnt play defense either. I guess Im a little confused how their defense can dominate some games and look like complete shit some games.

Is it the big o lines that give the Giants problems?

Aaron Ross and Kenny Philips on the secondary.

Brees picked them apart today because the Saints had 2 weeks to prepare. Brees knew every defensive scheme the Giants had on the field and exploited the weakness.

Not making excuses, but with 2 weeks to prepare, at home , and the talent on the Saints team the Giants had almost no chance to win.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #428
Groundhog
Coordinator

Colts-Saints would be a pretty exciting superbowl. I'm all for that.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #429
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yea, I agree that would be pretty awesome. But so would Manning vs. Manning.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #430
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Yea, I agree that would be pretty awesome. But so would Manning vs. Manning.

Manning vs Manning would make a great game but can you imagine how much ESPN would beat that matchup to death. It'd almost be as bad as the Favre retirement debacle.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #431
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Colts-Saints would be a pretty exciting superbowl. I'm all for that.

I would love this matchup because the 2 times in my memory that Peyton Manning played the the Saints the Colts destroyed them.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 10-19-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #432
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Manning vs Manning would make a great game but can you imagine how much ESPN would beat that matchup to death. It'd almost be as bad as the Favre retirement debacle.

Oh god, that is so true, the 2 weeks leading up to the superbowl I wouldn't be surprised if they made a mini reality series out of it. "The Manning House" lol. seriously they would probably do everything but...
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 AM   #433
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think you have to put Minnesota in the mix if Favre stays healthy. Regardless, I don't think anyone beats the Saints in NO.

They will have a first round bye, and at home with an extra week to compare they will be unbeatable, which means they need one tough win, probably also at home, to get to the superbowl.

Saints- Colts looks very possible.

Well, let's not crown them yet. Many past seasons have been littered with teams that were awesome the first half of the season but faded as the playoffs neared. Injuries, teams catching up to them or exposing a weakness that hasn't been shown yet, overconfidence, or maybe they run into a team that peaks at the end of the season and is hitting on all cylinders then, like the Saints are now.

I found your comments especially odd considering it was only a couple of seasons back that your team won a Super Bowl by beating a few other teams that met some or all of the above mentioned reasons.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #434
RedKingGold
College Starter

LOL people, it's Week frikken 6.

Look back after Week 6 in 2008 and let's see who we anointed as playoff favorites.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #435
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I don't care, its fun to analyze and predict . I don't care what week it is, I enjoy it.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #436
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Jeff Reed was so excited about beating the Browns that he went out and got himself arrested.

Steelers' kicker Reed cited for public intoxication - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #437
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'd just not watch ESPN during that period.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 AM   #438
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Look back after Week 6 in 2008 and let's see who we anointed as playoff favorites.

We anointed the Titans, and that turned out pretty well. They ended up with a good record.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #439
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. Saints (Bye)
2. Vikings (Bye)
3. Giants
4. Falcons
5. Packers
6. Cards/Niners (or whoever wins that div)

I'm on board with this.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #440
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Well, I'd like to thank the Chiefs for finally winning a game. It's a tough situation right now, but it's still nice to see your favorite team win.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #441
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Just for kicks, went back to Cold Hard Football Facts Power Rankings after Week 6 last year. In parenthesis is the final record.

1. Tennessee (13-3)
2. NYG (12-4)
3. Tampa Bay (9-7)
4. Pittsburgh (12-4)
5. Buffalo (7-9)
6. Indy (12-4)
7. Washington (8-8)
8. Philly (9-6-1)
9. Chicago (9-7)
10. Arizona (9-7)

Missing were 12-win Carolina, 11-win Miami, NE, Baltimore, Atlanta, and 10-win Minnesota.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #442
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
AFC list

1. Colts

everyone else

Possibly, but lets not forget who the Colts have played:

Jacksonville, W 14-12
Miami, W 27-23
Arizona, W 31-10
Seattle, W 34-17 (Wallace starting for Seattle)
Tennessee, W 31-9

And they have St. Louis up next. Look, they are playing well now that they are rolling, and as a New England fan I'm not all that excited about playing them in a few weeks, but they haven't exactly played a top-tier team yet so we don't really know how good they are.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #443
Passacaglia
Coordinator

A buddy and I predict the Super Bowl teams right before the first game of the season. I predicted Saints and Colts, so I'm feeling good right now. He picked Atlanta and...I forget who else.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #444
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Unfortunately for Fisher, his days are numbered.

Fortunately for a slew of NFL teams with head coach vacancies upcoming, Jeff Fisher's days are numbered.

Titans owner Bud Adams today had a rare press conference where he said changing coaches in season is not a good idea usually and is not something he is even consdiering at this time. But he did say that if things continue to track downwards through the rest of th season he will have no choice but to serious consider organizational changes includign at coaching. So Fisher should get his resume updated. He will not have muh trouble finding work. Now that i think of it Wade Phillips should be updating his resume.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Just for kicks, went back to Cold Hard Football Facts Power Rankings after Week 6 last year. In parenthesis is the final record.

1. Tennessee (13-3)
2. NYG (12-4)
3. Tampa Bay (9-7)
4. Pittsburgh (12-4)
5. Buffalo (7-9)
6. Indy (12-4)
7. Washington (8-8)
8. Philly (9-6-1)
9. Chicago (9-7)
10. Arizona (9-7)

Missing were 12-win Carolina, 11-win Miami, NE, Baltimore, Atlanta, and 10-win Minnesota.

This is why it is fun to predict in week 6 who is the best, etc...

I think we all know there is a team that will go in the tank ( Broncos?), a team that will make a late charge ( Carolina? Seattle?), and at least one key injury ( Peterson? a Manning brother?), and there will be a first round playoff upset.

But right now all we have to debate on is the first 6 weeks, so it is fun to debate and go back and see how little we all know at the end of the season.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #446
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Titans owner Bud Adams today had a rare press conference where he said changing coaches in season is not a good idea usually and is not something he is even consdiering at this time. But he did say that if things continue to track downwards through the rest of th season he will have no choice but to serious consider organizational changes includign at coaching. So Fisher should get his resume updated. He will not have muh trouble finding work. Now that i think of it Wade Phillips should be updating his resume.

Getting rid of Fisher would be stupid IMO. The Giants almost did the same thing with Coughlin and win the title the next year.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #447
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I don't follow Tennessee, but is their talent that bad or is it just a case of everything spiraling out of control right now?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #448
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I don't follow Tennessee, but is their talent that bad or is it just a case of everything spiraling out of control right now?

I would say they have an over-the-hill QB, a bust rookie QB, and a defense that still can't believe they let Albert Haynesworth go. But I haven't seen many of their games aside from bits of NED dissecting them last night.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #449
Thomkal
Head Coach

Glad to see my beloved Cards win so convincingly-really thought that was going to be a tough one. Next week could be a disaster though as they visit the Giants-and if the weather is bad...I still have nightmares of their game against the Jets last year.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #450
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Part of the problem with Tennessee is they fell into the trap of assigning too much credit to the QB for the team's performance. Collins had a thoroughly below average year last season, but the defense led them to a strong record. Collins even got selected to the Pro Bowl, one of the more ridiculous selections in recent memory. Now that the defense sucks, you see what happens when a below average QB is forced into obvious passing situations.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote