Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #401
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Madden: "Well, I think his name was originally Alphonso...

... (horrible story about name origin)

..and that's how the name Craphonso stuck."

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 AM   #402
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I'll just point out again that Heath Evans rushed 10 times for 56 yards. The only way that is possible is if the other team has just completely and totally given up. I know the Pats are good, but the Bills completely disgraced themselves on Sunday.

You fail to mention that Kyle Eckel ran 10 times for 40 yards. Kyle Eckel for god's sake! That's 20 runs by guys that are low calibre fullbacks, almost all of them in the second half! Will the whiners give me a break, please. I mean should Brady be coming out after the 1st quarter, halfway through the second, at halftime. I mean Cassell came in with 10 freakin' minutes left in the game. What else do you want?

As the complaining gets more absurd, I now can only explain it with one word: jealousy.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #403
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Haha! Just loving this quote from Randall Gay taken from ESPN Radio. It's harsh, but taken in the context of criticizing opposing players who complain as he makes clear in his statement, then I think it's right on the mark.

Q:You hear people saying 'the Patriots are running up the score, they don't have any sportsmanship, they're the team everybody loves to hate because they don't have any mercy.' When you hear that kind of talk from people, what is your reaction and what would you like to say to those people?

A:"Basically, you have to ignore those people because this is a job. We're out there, and what are we supposed to do? Like we scored on defense, when Ellis [Hobbs] caught the fumble, should he have taken a knee because we were up by so much? We're out there to do our job, just like they're out there to do their job. It kind of makes me mad when you hear somebody from the other team's defense going 'they shouldn't have done that; that's disrespect.' Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played.' You can't look at it like that. You have to go out there and do your best. If somebody is blowing you out, you have to play harder. You have to stop them."

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 11-21-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #404
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Finally, I'll take Dick Jauron and Marv Levy's words over the complainers:

Coach Dick Jauron
(on the Patriots going for it on fourth down)
"No, I have no problems with that. It's our job to stop them. It's not their job to do what you or we might want them to do. They are just playing football."

General manager Marv Levy
(on the Patriots going for it on fourth down)
"They played magnificiently. They are as good of a team as I have seen in quite some time. I have no gripe for players who are out there and want to excel and want to do things, and want to look good, and play with pride. It's up to us to stop them and not say 'don't throw the ball, don't do this.' No gripes at all on that."
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #405
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I was just thinking they're the only team that, when New England first hit them in the mouth, didn't roll over and die.

The Cowboys were down 21-10 in the first half and came back to take the lead in the third quarter. It wasn't until the Cowboys self-destructed in the fourth quarter that the game got out of reach. Doesn't sound like they rolled over and died to me when they first got hit in the mouth...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 11-21-2007 at 06:53 AM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #406
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
The Cowboys were down 21-10 in the first half and came back to take the lead in the third quarter. It wasn't until the Cowboys self-destructed in the fourth quarter that the game got out of reach. Doesn't sound like they rolled over and died to me when they first got hit in the mouth...

The Cowgirls bent over and grabbed their ankles just like everyone else...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #407
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played.'

That's really freakin' hilarious.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #408
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Every show on ESPN is leading in with Tom Brady interview where he basically came out and said what I have been saying all along.. Brady says that they want to kill other teams, beat them into the ground and destroy them..

Now that they admit to what I have been saying all along that they are purposefully running up the score, we can put this behind us and just enjoy watching it
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #409
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Every show on ESPN is leading in with Tom Brady interview where he basically came out and said what I have been saying all along.. Brady says that they want to kill other teams, beat them into the ground and destroy them..

Now that they admit to what I have been saying all along that they are purposefully running up the score, we can put this behind us and just enjoy watching it

Correct!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #410
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

That was a very humorous and testy exchange on a Boston Sports Radio morning show where they were calling him on the whole issue, and he clearly had his response well prepared.

He flat out admitted that intimidation was a part of the Patriots game plan this season, which is cool. You get into your opponents's heads more with a 56-10 victory then you ever would with the 40-21 victory that the haters are insisting is "enough".

But at the end of the day, I'm with you - Madden stats and scores in the NFL is just fun.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote