Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #401
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It was actually first down when he kicked (according to the ESPN.com gamelog)

The only thing I can think of is this is something they practiced a lot, and Elam was really comfortable with it.

Ya it was definitely 1st down. The announcers never even brought up spiking as an option, which surprised me, since in my estimation that would be the normal play in that situation.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You stay classy Jets fans
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #403
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
It's real hard being a Browns fan... they are just sooo far away of being competitive team

+1

Yesterday's game was just ugly.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #404
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So... Ward isn't a good pickup at RB, now that Jacobs is out for a few weeks?

I think he'd be a half-decent option.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #405
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I almost feel sorry for Ginn. Almost. I don't think that a few game breaking plays or return TDs is going to do the trick. Ginn, fair or not, is going to be compared to not only the other receivers taking after him. Among Dolphin fans and players, he is going to be compared to Wes Welker. At the very least he has to come close to the numbers that Welker put up last year with a supposedly inferior QB situation.

Yep. Send away my second favorite player to Zach Thomas, and then draft a guy who can't do anything but return kicks high in the first round. Ugh.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #406
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yep. Send away my second favorite player to Zach Thomas, and then draft a guy who can't do anything but return kicks high in the first round. Ugh.

Looks like a long year over there. What I saw of Trent Green looked like a 60 year old arm out there. The throw that Smoot dropped took an eternity to reach the sideline.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #407
korme
Go Reds

WHO DEY TONIGHT

(though I'm growingly nervous/worried)
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #408
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyplace anyone knows of where I can watch the game online? I'll even pay if I have to. I work nights now =(
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #409
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Anyplace anyone knows of where I can watch the game online? I'll even pay if I have to. I work nights now =(

Man! That sucks! I know you're one of the biggest fans here, I'd be heated if I missed the season opener on MNF!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #410
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Man! That sucks! I know you're one of the biggest fans here, I'd be heated if I missed the season opener on MNF!

Yeah, I'm sitting here in the lab in my shiney new orange Palmer jersey and Bengals cap too. Everyone here in buffalo just LOOOOVES me today
Old 09-10-2007, 02:06 PM   #411
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

You can listen to the game on-line (you do have to pay for it) at NFL.com, but I am pretty sure there is no way to watch an NFL game on-line.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #412
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
You can listen to the game on-line (you do have to pay for it) at NFL.com, but I am pretty sure there is no way to watch an NFL game on-line.

Well thats just shitty.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #413
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/
http://www.sopcast.org/

You didn't hear it from me.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #414
korme
Go Reds

Do you have DVR or Tivo? You could have taped it and ignored all internet updates and watched it when you got home.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #415
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

What is a sopcast and why have I only heard of a sopcast as of yesterday... a podcast is audio feeds so I'm going to assume this is a video feed?
Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #416
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I'm going to miss next week's Monday night game (my team) and the following Sunday while on my honeymoon... I doubt I can find NFL games on in Greece.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #417
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
What is a sopcast and why have I only heard of a sopcast as of yesterday... a podcast is audio feeds so I'm going to assume this is a video feed?

From the front page of sopcast.org:

What's SopCast
SopCast is a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the video and listen to radio on the Internet. Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer) technology, It is very efficient and easy to use. Let anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth... (Features)
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #418
Desmond
Banned

You really should turn off all your other bandwith using programs when running sopcast though, cause if you ruin my streams by hoggin in and not giving out i'll beat you with my feet.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #419
RendeR
Coordinator

This looks awesome, how is the picture quality? and can you enlarge the viewing area? (I just now installed it and haven't played around with anything yet)
Old 09-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #420
RendeR
Coordinator

OOOOer it has a full screen option... hopefully it won't get all fuzzy on me. I promise I will only run sopcast and nothing more on my laptop while I watch the game Desmond
Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #421
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Well, if the dudes over at profootballtalk.com are correct (and they have been more "hit" than "miss" of late), the Bears might have lost Mike Brown and Dusty Dvoracek for the year. Also, the Giants might have lost Osi Umeniyora for two months and possibly Eli Manning for a while... Ouch.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #422
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Well, if the dudes over at profootballtalk.com are correct (and they have been more "hit" than "miss" of late), the Bears might have lost Mike Brown and Dusty Dvoracek for the year. Also, the Giants might have lost Osi Umeniyora for two months and possibly Eli Manning for a while... Ouch.

Being reported all over now about Dvoracek and Brown.

Sigh.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #423
Desmond
Banned

Sopcast streams vary widely. Alot are fuzzy/blurred but watchable, some are stuttery and some are very clear. It all depends on how good the orginators speed is and how well the combined leechers keep that stream going. It's just like torrents, if the seeders are good then the speed is good.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #424
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The Cowboys-Giants game ran the whole gamut of emotions. Romo was pretty inaccurate early in the game, but seemed to improve as the game went on. The Dallas defense is going to be hopeless without Newman, Ellis, and now Jason Ferguson likely out for the season (the backup NT was possibly the shakiest spot on the team depth-wise, though you could argue QB and CB as well). There was little pressure on Manning all night and they made the Giants' 2nd/3rd string RB look like Barry Sanders. The offense looked pretty impressive, though it's hard to tell how impressive as the Giants' defense looked absolutely awful when Dallas was passing.

Just read that Wade Philips expects Newman and Ellis to be back in practice this week so that is some good news.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 09-10-2007 at 04:18 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #425
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ESPN is saying a month for Eli.

As a Giants fan this is a killer, he was a bright spot last night. I hope they go for Leftwich, at least he'll give them a shot.

I see a 3-13 season ahead.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #426
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
GRAMMAR POLICE! WEE WOOO WEEE WOOO!!!

*gasps* Who is that and what has he done with QS?!?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #427
MikeVic
Head Coach

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10343889

Looks like permanent paralysis for Everett.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #428
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
*gasps* Who is that and what has he done with QS?!?

SI

Exactly. I read through that and had to do a double-take.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #429
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ESPN is saying a month for Eli.

As a Giants fan this is a killer, he was a bright spot last night. I hope they go for Leftwich, at least he'll give them a shot.

I see a 3-13 season ahead.

After watching Jared in limited action last night, I would suggest doubling your alcoholic intake prior to watching the Giants if they expect him to take over.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #430
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Busted

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

I just didn't want to be beaten by one of the resident Pats haters.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #431
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Busted

Who me?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #432
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You know you're upset I edged you .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #433
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #434
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
You know you're upset I edged you .

LOL
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #435
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Even worse with such a high cervical injury, there is a chance that he could require a vent for the rest of his life to breath for him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #436
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Even worse with such a high cervical injury, there is a chance that he could require a vent for the rest of his life to breath for him.

That really sucks.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #437
MikeVic
Head Coach

On a lighter note, that TD celebration wasn't too great Chad. lol.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #438
MikeVic
Head Coach

Dola,

Although doing it on the sidelines was smart of him.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #439
RendeR
Coordinator

That really sucks about Everett. I watched it happen. The guy just crumpled and lay there twitching until a teamate got the trainers out there.

My heart goes out to him and his family, no one ever wants to see something like this happen.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #440
RendeR
Coordinator

Chad's gotta stop copping out on these celebrations.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #441
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I thought this was funny

Quote:
"It's the most overrated thing in sports,'' said Peyton Manning, who went on to give me a great example of how a foreign agent can actually hurt a team's preparation. "The classic was when we're playing Cleveland and they got [former Colts backup quarterback and offensive assistant] Kelly Holcomb and Bruce Arians. It's Tony Dungy's first year, maybe 2002. So the Browns grill Holcomb all week, 'You got to give us something' and he says, 'I'm telling you, Peyton's going to change it up. He knows I'm here, he's going to give you a dummy audible early. I'm telling you, he's not stupid. So, just play your keys.'

"They're up 16-3, I think, at the half," said Manning. "Second half, we get a good drive going and it's fourth-and-three. So we run our bread and butter play, a little five-yard under route. Well, I signal the play and Holcomb -- it's the same signal -- so he says, 'Ah, now I'm going to help them.' So he says, 'They're running the five-yard under play! Five-yard under play!"

"And so you can see it on the film -- they're going, 'Watch the slants, watch the slants.' So they load up, all inside technique, and they go into a man defense. Well, I see this and I see the defenders all change up -- that's the thing about the no-huddle, I can see this -- and I kept the receivers doing the same thing and I checked to a zone running play and it's only six guys who gotta know -- the linemen and the back [James Mungro]. And he goes 29 yards untouched for a touchdown. And so their guys go to Holcomb, all pissed off, 'So, they're running a slant, huh? Thanks a freaking lot, Holcomb.'

Question, how many QBs in the league would have kept with the play vs. changing off? I suspect there would be more of the former than the latter.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #442
RendeR
Coordinator

WOW, three funbles in the first freaking quarter?? We should be up 21-0 already, wtf?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #443
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok 9 points off 3 turnovers is NOT gonna get it done, we need to keep sticking this ball in the endzone.

On another note, PBS is one gorgious stadium.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #444
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

BTW

THANK YOU!!!!

I'll name a child after you.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #445
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I thought this was funny

Haha, that's awesome.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #446
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I thought this was funny

Question, how many QBs in the league would have kept with the play vs. changing off? I suspect there would be more of the former than the latter.

hell no
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #447
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Busted

At a Pats fan, I find this incredibly annoying. They assemble one of the great teams in the NFL, then risk their success being tainted (or worse), to get an illegal edge over inferior opponents.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #448
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Man the MNF crew sucks. Chad Johnson is hobbling around grabbing his hammy for like three plays in a row, stumbling all over the field, and eventually limps his way to the sidelines (he'd eventually return) but the three goobs in the booth don't even notice because they're too busy talking about Tony's wispy butthole hairs. Ponderous.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #449
korme
Go Reds

Carson is throwing a stinky short ball right now... terribly inaccurate. He needs to do a little better. ALl things considered with the O-line, I'm not too surprised that running game has been less than stellar. Defense, cool so far.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #450
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
At a Pats fan, I find this incredibly annoying. They assemble one of the great teams in the NFL, then risk their success being tainted (or worse), to get an illegal edge over inferior opponents.

they're "looking into it"

no proof yet
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote