Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #401
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Watching the whole party go down like bowling pins isn't usually part of our outings either

Catch up with tonight if you want to chat more about it.

To be honest, the fear and actuality of death in the game go hand-in-hand with excitement for me. I know 'to each his own' but the large groups have brought back the chaos that I have missed.

I have played the last 5-7 levels too "safe" in hindsight. Sure I have severely reduced my death rate, but at the cost of entertainment. Again, I know that everyone has their own idea of fun and I wasn't pointing fingers.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #402
Raiders Army
Coordinator

After cutting it down to 215k in debt, I am with the whole "let's play it safe" side. Last night was amazingly fun and death free (surprising since it was mostly a pickup group). I did not notice any tension the other night, but maybe that was because I was either dying or facing the floor.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #403
C.J.
n00b

I'm on the fence with that topic. I like the exciting game play and the tense battle moments. But at the same time I don't like hoards of debt. I guess my problem the other night is I just gotta know when to make the decision to save myself and not worry about everyone else. I had sked Mentallmo and didn't want to run off, he'd loose his SK then. Plus I wasn't using Phase Shift nearly enough because I felt I should try to contribute to the battle as much as I could. But, wasn't that many deaths...still nothing's compared to our Respec attempts, at least for me.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #404
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Last night was amazingly fun and death free (surprising since it was mostly a pickup group).

lol....I was watching your health meter and trying to give Streak special O2 treatment (hey, gotta watch out for the fellow SGers. Screw the pickup guys.) Threw you an O2 boost if it looked like you were getting whacked pretty good. Yeah, the pickup group we were on was pretty much a non-stop machine.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #405
gi
College Prospect

The good thing about the combining of the two SG's is that they have an Empathy Def like me around my level. Ghost something... Should help out with the dying part.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #406
C.J.
n00b

heh...and a gravity controller too. Might give me a chance to get Translectron some more game time.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #407
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
heh...and a gravity controller too. Might give me a chance to get Translectron some more game time.

Would be nice. Miss that guy...
Old 12-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #408
C.J.
n00b

Well, if the grav controller is on (Averros?), I'll bring Trans on so that we don't have two controllers that are the same. I still need to shave off his "Don beard".

Last edited by C.J. : 12-16-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #409
mtsouth
n00b

I like the tiered SG idea. That would keep me from holding others back. Kinda like the X-Men and the New Mutants. Might also reduce my carpet kissing some too. Since I'm new, it will let me play in the big group with Mentallmo (once he gets to that level) while bringing other characters along in the lower group. Created a fire/eng blaster named Johnny Nitro last night and he's almost to level 5.

I might be on tonight. Son woke up @ 4 so it's gonna be a long day. Might be on long enough to join new SG and play a mish or two.
mtsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #410
Bonegavel

I definitely like the fact that we should be able to play our alts and not worry about leaving holes in the teams.

Combining SGs was a splendid idea.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:17 AM   #411
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Will not be on due to The Apprentice 3 hour marathon tonight. Will probably be on before 8 EST. Have fun tonight.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM   #412
Bonegavel

Quote:
Will not be on due to The Apprentice 3 hour marathon tonight. Will probably be on before 8 EST. Have fun tonight.

We have to get you TIVO.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #413
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
We have to get you TIVO.

And get Don more Memory...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #414
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Tonight I should be able to stop in for a bit, too exhausted last night to contribute the complimentary Hangfire impatient death scene.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:58 PM   #415
hoopsguy
General Manager

Exciting news on the memory front, as it is supposed to be a Christmas gift from my younger brother.

Had a lot of fun with the new SG tonight. We ended up having more than 8 on at one point and had to split into two groups. Got my first look at the Portal missions, which ended up being fun. Nice XP to be had doing Level 40 missions. Picked up about 15% of the next level after dinging to 39 late on Tuesday. And Gail even helped set up my thoughts on carnies (see sig) at the end of the evening.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #416
C.J.
n00b

heh....I could see the carnie thing coming. Couldn't remember exactly how you had your sig worded, but I remember it saying something about "the other thing that scares you". The Monty Python stuff was killing me too last night.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:48 AM   #417
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The Apprentice was too long last night. Enjoyed teaming with you earlier last night with Bubbles. Hopefully I'll hit level 20 tonight...is that the requirement for this merged SG?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #418
Bonegavel

Was on early with Tex Rx and teamed with Sweet Bubbles. Had to hit the hay early.

I first logged on with Claw to see if Aucoin was there to get the invite but it must have been too early. Hopefully tonight.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #419
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Who is the other GM from our old SG?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 AM   #420
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Was on early with Tex Rx and teamed with Sweet Bubbles. Had to hit the hay early.

I first logged on with Claw to see if Aucoin was there to get the invite but it must have been too early. Hopefully tonight.

Sorry, was fixing computers on the side until about 8pmish....people just seem to love installing spyware on their computers...
Old 12-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #421
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Who is the other GM from our old SG?

Don (hoopsguy) is the other GM. No level requirement for this SG. I would say that you should restrict yourself to only characters you play often. No need to saddle this SG with characters you hardly ever play. But, truely I do not care. As long as you are having fun. Tis really the only goal.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #422
mtsouth
n00b

I'll try to get on tonight with Mental to join the new group.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #423
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Halfway to 37 with Hang.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #424
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is on the third page??? For shame...

Got to halfway to 22 with Sweet Bubbles. There was a weird thing with PI this morning when I teamed with Claw. Couldn't log back on, couldn't go there. When I tried to log back on with Bubbles, my computer locked up. When I logged on with Streak, once I tried to go there, at the loading screen my computer locked up. Had to reboot both times.

Teamed with some of the other SG and Don. Was pretty good.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:37 AM   #425
gi
College Prospect

Had a great time over the weekend. Almost to 41. Need to do a respec sometime this week if we can arrange it. Once I get to 41, I'll put Aucoin on hold until Ep 3 comes out and dust of Maiden Io or a new Character. Maybe a tank?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:04 AM   #426
hoopsguy
General Manager

Made some big strides this weekend towards 40 with Don, now about 85% of the way there after getting in a good amount of gaming on Sunday.

Lots of new opposition now, with Knives, Carnies, and Malta all starting to make regular appearances. I love seeing this as it helps keep the game interesting. Only so many times I want to abuse 5th Column ...

Has anyone checked out the Rikti Crash site yet? I've heard it is pretty lethal.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #427
gi
College Prospect

When we get to 41, we can make a Crash Site Raid. I'll be on tonight around 7ish pm EST. If you are on Streak, we can do debt reduction Missions. Just remember: Blasters have range for a reason...no melee for you. Leave that for the Tank Don and mini-Tanks: PV and Claw.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:11 AM   #428
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Now that Bubbles is level 22 and has SOs (thanks Auc!), I will begin playing Streak again. I just got tired of the debt and the grind. Trying to get rid of debt is pretty brutal when you have anywhere from 30k to 250k in debt. I'll bring him on tonight.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:04 AM   #429
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Made it to 37 thanks to the combined SG...

I have Green Drake for an alt, however, if someone else wants to play tanker, I have:

Mr. Scorch level 4 controller
Q'wilksilver level 11 katana/inv

Though I may create someone else entirely.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #430
Bonegavel

Between Church (seeing my daughter in a play) and neighborhood Xmas party I didn't come back on after my early morning romp with Hang and George Clinton (or was it Penelope?).

So far, I really like the new members/merger. Folks are good (may it do ya fine) and extra people to team with (say thankya to the Man Jesus).

The grind is still there but with a good group it is somehow gone. Mentally, it is very hard to run solo. The grind by yourself is enough to drive one insane.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #431
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

There is something frustrating when you use inferno and take out 10 to 12 Crey and the xp bar barely goes up a sliver...(sigh)

I'm going to buy some CABs, and from what I've read, I can take out +4 level enemies...we'll see if that is true.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:14 AM   #432
gi
College Prospect

Wow...isn't it a little bit weird that we have so many people that we HAVE to split into two groups? Cool huh? What a fun time last night, my fingers still hurt. Got revenge on those guys that killed us on the last group mission. Gail and I killed them really well. A person from the other SG (Krieg) took 2 months off of the game and came back. Went from level 1 to 8 with us in one night.
SEE FOLKS!!! Buy the game already! We will take care of you!

I'll make 41 tonight with Aucoin and then switch to my alt until the rest of you catch up.

Last edited by gi : 12-21-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:52 PM   #433
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Green Drake made 13, Hangfire is 37, fun fun fun.

I think I enjoy playing Drake more, he's definitely an in-character toon.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #434
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Rawrrrrr!
Old 12-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #435
gi
College Prospect

MOOOOO!!!!...(clears throat)...Rawwwrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gi : 12-21-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #436
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

As sung to La Cucaracha

"I'm a dragon, I'm a dragon, I like to eat bad guys and sheep...I'm a dragon, I'm a dragon, after that I like to sleep..."
Old 12-21-2004, 03:20 PM   #437
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
As sung to La Cucaracha

"I'm a dragon, I'm a dragon, I like to eat bad guys and sheep...I'm a dragon, I'm a dragon, after that I like to sleep..."

ouch, my head hurts.

I was trying to sing it to La Bamba by accident and I think I sprained my noggin'. Try it, you'll see.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #438
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Couple of suggestions...

First off, I enjoy Hang and Green Drake. I have decided to send Q'wiksilver to the comic heaven, and Mr. Scorch may be going there as well...

I think we all know our primary toons now, but I think we should definitely figure out who has alts and wants to use them...

I think we should have a meeting place (like Atlas Park for alts, and say Talos for our primaries)...this way when everyone loads up, they can switch teams easily...so when you are done for the night...if we're playing alts...you scamper back to Ms. Liberty...then if you have multliple alts and you want to switch (say we have 3 tankers...maybe I'll bring my blaster on...etc) you aren't far away from the team in some part of the city that is miles and miles away...

I've been playing another alt lately, I'm keeping him a secret for now...I figure I burden you guys enough with the likes of Hang and GD.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:26 PM   #439
Bonegavel

Nobody is a burden Qwik. That is the great part of an SG is that you fire up whatever character you want and join in the fun. While SK can be annoying with its obtrusive messages, we all need it from time to time.

You or anyone are never a burden to me.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:38 PM   #440
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Nobody is a burden Qwik. That is the great part of an SG is that you fire up whatever character you want and join in the fun. While SK can be annoying with its obtrusive messages, we all need it from time to time.

You or anyone are never a burden to me.
/agree
Old 12-23-2004, 06:00 AM   #441
mtsouth
n00b

Since I'm newer (and not as far along) as everyone, I feel like I slow the team down when travelling. I certainly don't mind playing with the alts right now while I get built up. That way Albino, Penelope, SS, Aucoin, etc can adventure w/o having to worry about me making it through an area alive on the way to the mission map. Just a thought. I'm having fun with Nook M (rad/rad defender) and I think he'll be a good team support guy once he gets a little further along.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:59 AM   #442
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsouth
Since I'm newer (and not as far along) as everyone, I feel like I slow the team down when travelling. I certainly don't mind playing with the alts right now while I get built up. That way Albino, Penelope, SS, Aucoin, etc can adventure w/o having to worry about me making it through an area alive on the way to the mission map. Just a thought. I'm having fun with Nook M (rad/rad defender) and I think he'll be a good team support guy once he gets a little further along.

I'll be on tonight and will be able to help power level you.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #443
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Okay okay...I changed my new alt's personality, which improves upon him...I didn't get him to 7 in 4 hours, I got him to 6, plus I got him to 7 in one hour, and after 45 minutes of play today I got him to half a bubble to 8.

I think I'll keep him in the dark until he gets his travel powers, then if I still have an interest I'll bring him aboard (Hangfire will get retired, as I have too much fun with GD).
I figure if Hangfire is really needed, I'll bring him aboard...

The new guy is dark/rad defender, and he's fun to play...almost reminds me of my early Quicksilver (katana/super reflex), it's fun to hit guys without fear of getting hit back...
Old 12-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #444
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Old 12-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #445
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Old 12-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #446
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-23-2004, 05:59 PM   #447
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Will you be on tonight and help me power level?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #448
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Will you be on tonight and help me power level?
Old 12-24-2004, 08:05 AM   #449
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Was with Don and George Clinton when we were "forcibly" kicked from the server. Heh.

Oh, this was due to maintenance.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:08 AM   #450
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thus ending our powerleveling session.