Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #401
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Unvote Raiders Army

This is true, I was the one who got sent multiple PMs about roles, I obviously didn't know who got what role, but this is too much of a coincidence. I PMed barkeep asking what role was for me, and he told me the investigator was for someone else (obviously not naming names).

I don't want to contribute to losing the investigator on day 1.....
Thanks man.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #402
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I would be willing to contribute towards a jail 'reveal' fund but I'm not sure we are allowed to transfer gold to each other (and while at work I don't have as much time to reference the lengthy list of rules).

If there is not a mechanism that allows for the transfer then I would be willing to be part of a group of people who rotate days to verify roles. But I'm unlikely to be in a position to be able to afford this tonight.

But I assume that Barkeep only PMs us with what we find out from looking at the evidence. Therefore, a pirate could view evidence (or not view it at all) and lie to us about what he saw.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #403
Desnudo
Coordinator

I don't think RA is dead necessarily. We would just need to set up a buddy system to make sure he is watched or hidden.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #404
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Did you watch anyone RA?
LOL. Apparently not. I thought I could just PM Barkeep that I wanted to follow TazFTW, but that wasn't good enough. He went with my alternate choice of going to A7.

What I don't understand is how my role is that good. If I don't know the exact path people are going, how am I supposed to watch them?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #405
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I would be willing to contribute towards a jail 'reveal' fund but I'm not sure we are allowed to transfer gold to each other (and while at work I don't have as much time to reference the lengthy list of rules).

If there is not a mechanism that allows for the transfer then I would be willing to be part of a group of people who rotate days to verify roles. But I'm unlikely to be in a position to be able to afford this tonight.
Give: A player may give another player an item or gold. Both players must be in the same square. The person receiving the item is not charged an AP. This action may also be used during the Afternoon and Evening Cycles, without any AP cost. However, if used during the Afternoon or Evening Cycles it should be posted in the thread and is considered public information, except that the pirates may pass their knife from one to another by PM’ing me.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #406
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Give: A player may give another player an item or gold. Both players must be in the same square. The person receiving the item is not charged an AP. This action may also be used during the Afternoon and Evening Cycles, without any AP cost. However, if used during the Afternoon or Evening Cycles it should be posted in the thread and is considered public information, except that the pirates may pass their knife from one to another by PM'ing me.

So we could designate someone to post bail every day and give them 1 gold during the Afternoon or Evening cycle without costing ourselves an AP.

The obvious problem is that nothing stops the pirates from following them to the jail and killing them there with the 7 gold, right?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #407
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I also find it ironic that I'm asking you guys to read my posts carefully to see the sneaky part when I didn't read the directions and posts carefully.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #408
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I continue to be amazed by how quiet Blade is being, and that automatically makes me somewhat suspicious.....

Respect path would like from Hoopblas:
Bid 3 gold
I have had classes straight from 7:40(if you saw i posted a lot last night)...the Arizona State net is down in my dorm, have technicians coming to my dorm room to fix at 4:00 PM phoenix time...in computer class for an hour so i can contribute while im here...will be able to do quite a bit tonight
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #409
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I also find it ironic that I'm asking you guys to read my posts carefully to see the sneaky part when I didn't read the directions and posts carefully.
I trust raiders, he is playing in his style...i wont vote for him, but just noting the pirates have fleet of foot as well, not just the athlete...presenting both sides, despite my feelings he is more then 90% likely to be good
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #410
kingfc22
Head Coach

I haven't seen much talk on the monopoly. We need 100 gold. Right now we have 16 people left in the game. More than likely only 12 or 13 are treasure hunters.

Going on the assumption that we have 13:
If each treasure hunter avg. 3 gold per day that would mean we would need at least 3 days worth of gold to reach 100. We would be at 117 and that is without spending our GP on any items or services.

Each day we will likely lose a treasure hunter making our job harder since we will only be able to travel one or two spots away from the hut in order to use multiple dig AP's. Making the Pirates job easier since we will be easier to find if we are close to the hut.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #411
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I haven't seen much talk on the monopoly. We need 100 gold. Right now we have 16 people left in the game. More than likely only 12 or 13 are treasure hunters.

Going on the assumption that we have 13:
If each treasure hunter avg. 3 gold per day that would mean we would need at least 3 days worth of gold to reach 100. We would be at 117 and that is without spending our GP on any items or services.

Each day we will likely lose a treasure hunter making our job harder since we will only be able to travel one or two spots away from the hut in order to use multiple dig AP's. Making the Pirates job easier since we will be easier to find if we are close to the hut.

If you got 3 gold lastnight, then I definitly need a better place to mine.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #412
Blade6119
Coordinator

Last night i went to C5 and dug there...i saw three figures in C5, but recieved no names. Seeing as how sndvls died in C6, i have to assume two of the three were sn and his killer
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #413
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I got 1 gold..not going to C5 again
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #414
KWhit
Coordinator

Strategically, does it make sense for us to share where we dug last night and how much gold we got per turn?

Pros: We can narrow down the best places to dig, getting us closer to the monopoly.

Cons: The pirates learn the best places to dig too.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #415
KWhit
Coordinator

Heh, sounds like we're thinking along the same lines, Blade.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #416
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I got 1 gold..not going to C5 again

You got 1 gold total?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #417
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
You got 1 gold total?

How many digs?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #418
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Strategically, does it make sense for us to share where we dug last night and how much gold we got per turn?

Pros: We can narrow down the best places to dig, getting us closer to the monopoly.

Cons: The pirates learn the best places to dig too.
I think we should share..if Sun died in C6, they have the ability to follow us without worrying about where we are. We ALL start in the hut every day...if they watch us then kill they can get whoever they want. I think sharing is not bad considering this. Now how much gold we have, i dont think is wise...i did, and i somewhat regret it. They get the gold of who they kill, and will merely kill whomever has the most gold(bad for monopoly).

Heres a nice question. Sndvls died at a river...what does that tile have as signifigance...we know mountains take 2 AP, but what do rivers do? Im betting its not there just for scenery(anyone catching my drift...think about gold mining in cali)
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #419
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You got 1 gold total?
1 gold total, yes...in C5...
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #420
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't but I was hoping that some people might have gotten 4 or 5 and that is why I said an average of 3. If we are averaging only 1.5 or 2 per treasure hunter than we better get these pirates in jail before they kill us making 100 GP nearly impossible.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #421
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How many digs?
3 Digs

I used AP1 to hide from the pirates in case they tried to watch/stalk me(figured it would counter it), moved to C5, then dug to mostly no avail
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #422
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
1 gold total, yes...in C5...

What did you do for the other 3 turns?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #423
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Heh, sounds like we're thinking along the same lines, Blade.
About raiders or what?...dont remember rehasing ideas
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #424
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Heres a nice question. Sndvls died at a river...what does that tile have as signifigance...we know mountains take 2 AP, but what do rivers do? Im betting its not there just for scenery(anyone catching my drift...think about gold mining in cali)

As I understand it, it costs 1AP to enter a river square, but 2AP to go past it (i.e. cross the river).
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #425
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
What did you do for the other 3 turns?
Here is my turn recap: I moved 3 AP's, Dug 1 AP and then hid.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #426
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
As I understand it, it costs 1AP to enter a river square, but 2AP to go past it (i.e. cross the river).
Oh, i didnt read that...i thought maybe it meant more gold in the river since many people found gold in rivers during gold rush
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #427
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think we should share..if Sun died in C6, they have the ability to follow us without worrying about where we are. We ALL start in the hut every day...if they watch us then kill they can get whoever they want. I think sharing is not bad considering this. Now how much gold we have, i dont think is wise...i did, and i somewhat regret it. They get the gold of who they kill, and will merely kill whomever has the most gold(bad for monopoly).

Rivers cost 2 AP to move across. You can move from 1 dock to the other dock for 2 GP for only 1 AP. however since I don't think anyone had money last night, I am sure that is not what happened here.

As for sharing how much we made digging, I worry giving that information will put bullseyes on the chests of people who made the most gold. Pirates want that gold as much as we do, so why broadcast who to hit?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #428
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
About raiders or what?...dont remember rehasing ideas

You posted your gold total at the exact same time I posted the question about sharing our digging success.

I posted that before I saw your post, so it was like we were thinking along the same lines.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #429
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You posted your gold total at the exact same time I posted the question about sharing our digging success.

I posted that before I saw your post, so it was like we were thinking along the same lines.
Ah, now i get ya...sorry, maybe im not quite on page with you as you think...well, now i am, but i wasnt....but ya...
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #430
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
As for sharing how much we made digging, I worry giving that information will put bullseyes on the chests of people who made the most gold. Pirates want that gold as much as we do, so why broadcast who to hit?

Alan found some gold!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #431
Desnudo
Coordinator

About the sharing, I don't think it's a good idea to share results at this point. It makes more sense to work to establish a smaller group of trustworthy people and then buy walkie talkies or communicate privately in some other way.

By sharing at this point all we do is provide the Pirates with plot points as to where we likely will and will not go. As well as telling them where the good and bad mining spots are, obviously.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #432
Blade6119
Coordinator

As for raiders, if hes not a wolf hes as good as dead by them...so if we have a bodyguard, he might be a good target *wink wink* I cant imagine they would allow the investigator(seer) to live once hes revealed...he is by far the biggest threat
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #433
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
By sharing at this point all we do is provide the Pirates with plot points as to where we likely will and will not go. As well as telling them where the good and bad mining spots are, obviously.
Judging by the sndvls kill and the fact i know 3 people were in C5 to begin, the wolves dont need to know where we go to kill us. Read the rules, heres a nice little role they have to screw us over:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Scourge (Pirate)
Fleet of Foot Trait: Once per Morning Cycle this player may move the equivalent of two AP with one move action
Kill Action: If this player has the knife they may kill another play who is in the same square as they are.
Stalker: At the cost of 2 AP this player may use the sneaky trait, for a total of 3 AP to watch a player for 2 turns without being noticed. If this role is being used it should be clearly noted in the PM.
Basically this guy can follow us and have us not know it(you know if someones watches you for 2 turns)...this guy just needs to pick someone and stalk them from AP1...whoever that person is might as well kill themselves, as their as good as dead.

Hence why i hid on AP1, hoping to throw this role off if they targeted me
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #434
KWhit
Coordinator

Blade: So you dug 3 times and only got 1 gp?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #435
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Barkeep said some places only had a limited amount of gold in them. So if you dig a ton of times, you might not end up with any more gold than just 1 or 2 digs. (Especially if multiple people dig on your square that night).

Blade's luck isn't much worse than mine, he just used more digging turns than I did. Some people obviously were luckier than I was though, since some people already have more gold bid on necklaces than I do to feed myself!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #436
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Quote:
I sent in this action exactly since a lot of people seem more interested in me(rightfully so since i was a square from where sndvls died)

AP1:Hide
AP2:Move to C5
AP3ig
AP4ig
AP5ig

My PM told me when i moved to C5(2nd action) i saw 3 people...two were moving in the same direction, but seperated by a long distance. The other i saw breifly before he left my sight. "You started digging and found 1 gp"...i didnt quote it all, for obvious rule reasons...Im assuming the two moving in the same direction were sndvls and his killer, while the third person either dug in C5 as well or moved to a different square...id assume the first as it didnt say he was moving.
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #437
Blade6119
Coordinator

LOL, that damn smily code.......it says ap3, dig; dig....etc...using a different colon
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #438
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep said some places only had a limited amount of gold in them. So if you dig a ton of times, you might not end up with any more gold than just 1 or 2 digs. (Especially if multiple people dig on your square that night).

Blade's luck isn't much worse than mine, he just used more digging turns than I did. Some people obviously were luckier than I was though, since some people already have more gold bid on necklaces than I do to feed myself!

But he is implying that C5 is already tapped out. This is something that would be very easy to check out. If someone digs in C5 today and gets gold, then it's clear he is lying and did something else that he isn't telling us about.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #439
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

What the hell, franklinnoble is viewing this thread? I haven't seen him around here in ALONG time.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #440
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But he is implying that C5 is already tapped out. This is something that would be very easy to check out. If someone digs in C5 today and gets gold, then it's clear he is lying and did something else that he isn't telling us about.

I'm not clearing Blade and think that it is very possible that he could have gone to C6 to kill Sndvls then go back to C5 and dig once and get gold. However just because C5 might have been tapped out last night, does not mean it is tapped out tonight. Barkeep said there is a replinishment rate on these when i asked.

What -would- be interesting to find out though is if someone goes to C5 and tries to dig three turns in a row, if they got similar results. Even if C5 did get replinished, I do not see it getting replinished more than morning1. Maybe getting 2 gold there on 3 digs would be believable, but if you got 3 gold on 3 digs the next day, something else contributed to him only getting one gold.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #441
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Im assuming the other person who got their before i did(3 were in the square before i got therem but only 1 i think dug) got a few resources before i did. Judging by some of the bids people have excess money, and id imagine he merely got lucky before i got there...If i was lying why would i say i was soo close to sndvls death square or that i think i saw him? Id say i was far away from his death square...Some people are saying they never saw a soul, with out saying where they went...i find it funny you look at me before them...but ill oblige if you would like, feel free to dig away
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #442
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
What the hell, franklinnoble is viewing this thread? I haven't seen him around here in ALONG time.

everyone wants to make it rich. There's gold in dem hills
Old 02-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #443
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not clearing Blade and think that it is very possible that he could have gone to C6 to kill Sndvls then go back to C5 and dig once and get gold. However just because C5 might have been tapped out last night, does not mean it is tapped out tonight. Barkeep said there is a replinishment rate on these when i asked.

What -would- be interesting to find out though is if someone goes to C5 and tries to dig three turns in a row, if they got similar results. Even if C5 did get replinished, I do not see it getting replinished more than morning1. Maybe getting 2 gold there on 3 digs would be believable, but if you got 3 gold on 3 digs the next day, something else contributed to him only getting one gold.
Does whoever else who was in C5 want to speak up...it might help people validate that i was there and not in C6...i wish raiders had scanned me instead of

I have to go, class is over...see you all tonight
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #444
Blade6119
Coordinator

nm, i actually have time...next class was cancelled
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #445
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
However just because C5 might have been tapped out last night, does not mean it is tapped out tonight. Barkeep said there is a replinishment rate on these when i asked.
Whoa! That's pretty important info that changes things. Was that in the thread or in PM? Barkeep, can you confirm that for us if it was in a PM?
Old 02-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #446
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i find it funny you look at me before them...but ill oblige if you would like, feel free to dig away

I'm just looking at you because I was surprised when you said you dug 3 turns but only got 1 gold. I was surprised that a location had been tapped out so early. I was expecting it to take a number of turns (even with multiple people digging) to tap out a location. No real reason for that expectation, but my initial thoughts about the game lead me to believe that we'd have a couple of turns before places became empty of gold.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #447
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE RAIDERS ARMY

I had multiple dig actions and received the same result each time. That, coupled with the fact that someone is vouching for Raiders, is driving the unvote action at this time.

If anyone else had an experience with inconsistent results digging in the same square I would love to see those posted right now. Just in case people wonder which way I'm leaning at the moment.

Also, who do we want to designate to view the jailed person tonight? I would prefer to use my give action during the afternoon/evening since it won't cost an AP point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #448
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm just looking at you because I was surprised when you said you dug 3 turns but only got 1 gold. I was surprised that a location had been tapped out so early. I was expecting it to take a number of turns (even with multiple people digging) to tap out a location. No real reason for that expectation, but my initial thoughts about the game lead me to believe that we'd have a couple of turns before places became empty of gold.
Im not about to pull a raiders and start role revealing all over you guys...id much prefer the other person in C5 can verify i was there. I just ask if i was a wolf why link myself to the crime(1 spot away) and tell you i did 3 digs and got 1 gold(i could have easily said 3-6 if i was a wolf)...and if i had more gold i would be a target....hmmm, why would i say i only got 1 gold? I just gave you 2 reasons, and hopefully i dont need to spell them out or other things about myself...if i have to quote an old message with a hint i will
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #449
Blade6119
Coordinator

But think it through...why put myself soo close to the crime(even claiming to have seen him, or if not a major coincidence)...it doesnt make sense unless you think im a flubbering idiot(quite possible really ). I just think we need to look at the people who have either not mentioned a word about where they went, or who have and have no one vouching for them or claiming to vouch for someone else. I KNOW there is someone else in C5 who should have known i was there...i can quote at least 3-4 people who claim no one knows where they went and they dont know where anyone else went...and im the suspicious one...gotta love life
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #450
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Judging by the sndvls kill and the fact i know 3 people were in C5 to begin, the wolves dont need to know where we go to kill us. Read the rules, heres a nice little role they have to screw us over:

Basically this guy can follow us and have us not know it(you know if someones watches you for 2 turns)...this guy just needs to pick someone and stalk them from AP1...whoever that person is might as well kill themselves, as their as good as dead.

Hence why i hid on AP1, hoping to throw this role off if they targeted me

I'm thinking more of revealing the amounts found since that tells them where to go to dig and also who to rob. I also hid on AP1.