Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #401
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, Chet is a waste of space, but Joel seemed such as ass, I was glad to see Jeff knock him down a notch. Chet only lasted that long because he was zero threat to anybody, but Joel was an idiot. We're supposed to be impressed you knocked Chet's head into a tree and then got voted out? Why do these guys think being some stud is how you win Survivor? Do they even watch the show?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Joel is testosterone-fueled outside of the game as well. I don't think he decided to play the game that way.......that's just how he is.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #402
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

It's hard to believe that Amanda could get a second chance in front of a jury, and blow it again with her weepy "poor me" routine.

I guess the only defence is that it sounds like she played her two games almost back-to-back. She probably hadn't seen her first jury performance and realized how awful it was.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #403
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I always hate the overly long montage where they remember all the contestants, and send their torch out to sea.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #404
Kodos
Resident Alien

My wife always complains about that too. Often, we fast forward through it, although we didn't last night.

I think in Amanda's defense, the game does obviously take a mental toll on you. Doing it almost back-to-back has to be rough -- especially if you have ovaries.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #405
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought it was crazy that Amanda started having her breakdown right then, though, 24 hours before she had a great shot at winning a million dollars. She should have been ecstatic. I don't think she was faking, crying in the last tribal council, but it don't go over well with the jury, I don't think.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #406
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. She definitely choked again. It's a shame. She's much more likable than Parvati.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #407
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yeah. She definitely choked again. It's a shame. She's much more likable than Parvati.

I actually liked Parvati more than Amanda. I think it has something to do with self confidence and self awareness. Parvati knows who she is and can still be fun and happy while manipulating people. Amanda is trying so hard to be liked and is so much in her own head that she doesn't see how others perceive her...and she can't see things from other's perspectives.

The whole breakdown and fight with Cirie about Cirie always being at the bottom of the alliance was all due to the fact that Amanda can't see through Cirie's eyes. I don't think anyone watching the show disagreed with Cirie always being at the bottom of the alliance. The only way Amanda's surprise would be justified is if the editing showed us something completely different from what was actually going on.

Amanda crying at the F3 really was a blow to her. None of the jury liked her calling her position "both a blessing and a curse". There were 5 people on the jury that would have given just about anything to be in her spot. This is another place where she could have owned her game and scored points with the jury. She fought hard and well to be in that position. She didn't need to gloat just then, but she should have at least owned her game.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #408
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FWIW, this season there wasn't anyone in the final four that I didn't want to win. I also didn't have a person that I wanted to win as well.

All in all, it was a great season and the ending was somewhat anti-climatic.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #409
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah poor Amanda, undone in the Final Tribal again. She was better at it this time at least, less mopey and more challenging. Her comments to Cirie were what killed her chances I think. And she really needed to attack Parvati more no matter how much she likes her.

And speaking of Cirie, I'm disappointed she do more in talking to Amanda to get herself in the Final Two, at least from what they showed us. She should have jumped on the fact that Parvati had practially 3 votes lined up already in Alexis, Natalie, and James and then tell her she too would vote for Parvati over her if she sent her to the jury. She could have even mentioned how bad she was in challenges even though that would be used against her. Amanda was probably remembering how Todd manipulaed the jury though and didn't want a repeat performance.

I don't know how she would have done in the vote against Amanda though, wish Jeff had asked for a vote count there. She would have had to convince the jury that she was the mastermind behind the majority if not all of the blindsides, and should be rewarded for outwitting them. Not sure it would have worked or only make them more pissed at her though. I felt really badly for her after that final immunity challenge and her goodbye speech after she was voted out. She remains one of my favorite players.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #410
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think Amanda was dead either way in the finals. If Parvati outdid Amanda against the jury, imagine how much better Cirie would have done. The real challenge would have been having Parvati and Cirie in the finals. They both played a social game and a strategic game. It would have been tough to pick a winner between them.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #411
Jas_lov
College Starter

Parvati vs. Cirie would have been interesting, but there was a lot of personal voting this year so I think Alexis and Natalie's votes were guaranteed for Parvati no matter what. I also think Amanda would have voted for Parvati so there's 3. Parvati would have needed one of Eliza, Jason, or Erik to win as Ozzy and James probably vote against Parvati.

A final 3 with Parvati, Amanda, and Cirie might have actually allowed Amanda to win. Amanda had Ozzy and James's votes in the bag and it sounds like she had Erik wrapped up too so there's 3. Parvati had Alexis and Natalie. That just leaves Jason and Eliza. Cirie would have had to sway Erik in her favor to win 3-2-2. Four votes this year- Alexis and Natalie for Parvati, Ozzy and James for Amanda were basically set in stone.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #412
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ozzy tried convincing the group to vote for Amanda with his tirade against Parvati. My wife thought it was enough to sway the group to give Amanda the million. I told her that there was no way Amanda wins after the Cirie questions.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #413
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think Ozzy helped her out any with his speech. He didn't help Parvati either, but I think it just helped paint Amanda as the new "Flirt" rather than convince anybody about her game.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #414
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Ozzy tried convincing the group to vote for Amanda with his tirade against Parvati. My wife thought it was enough to sway the group to give Amanda the million. I told her that there was no way Amanda wins after the Cirie questions.

I think (hope anyway) that Survivor has now matured beyond the point where Ozzy's infantile Lex-ish ranting represents the prevailing wisdom of the jury. His/her melodramatic, unnatural-sounding squawking seemed like it was out of place, and would have fit in better about 10 seasons ago. Nothing he said made a lick of sense. "You put a price tag... on our friendship... on me... a human being..." Whatever, idiot. GAME.

This is the second season in a row a hard-core player with an over-the-top playing style won the jury vote. Even though Parvati appears to be an obnoxious person, I say kudos.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #415
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, Ozzy seemed a bit confused about the nature of the game. Obviously he was completely blinded by his feelings for Amanda, as he said. I mean, what was he planning to do when his alliance got to the final five? Vote himself out? Give me a break.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #416
saldana
Pro Starter

i was hoping for the show of hands from the jury members for who would have voted for cirie if amanda had gone the other way...i honestly wonder if amanda had any chance of winning.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #417
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I think (hope anyway) that Survivor has now matured beyond the point where Ozzy's infantile Lex-ish ranting represents the prevailing wisdom of the jury. His/her melodramatic, unnatural-sounding squawking seemed like it was out of place, and would have fit in better about 10 seasons ago. Nothing he said made a lick of sense. "You put a price tag... on our friendship... on me... a human being..." Whatever, idiot. GAME.
I admit that I forgot that Ozzie and Parvarti were on the same season, so they may actually have become good friends. Still, his question made no sense. "You put a price tag on me... you said that's how much it's worth". Yes, "that" being a million dollars. Nice knowing you, kid.

I still say that somebody needs to shut these jurors up one of these days, as a strategic move. Imagine if after Natalie's ridiculous bedroom questions one of the girls had said "That's question is stupid and insulting. You're a moron. Sit down." Are you telling me they wouldn't have instantly won the other seven votes?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #418
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Ozzie - Went from one notch below Jack Bauer to completely emasculated

Argh.

LOL
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #419
korme
Go Reds

Oh, and btw, hottest Survivor was Alexis fo sho
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #420
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I admit that I forgot that Ozzie and Parvarti were on the same season, so they may actually have become good friends.

Parvati actually voted for Ozzy to win Cook Islands when the roles were reversed and she was a juror. You'd think that would have been enough -- but no, apparently Lex, er, Ozzy wanted her to step aside and let him win this season because they're friends. Whatever, Oz-Man. Idiot. That said, still loved his reunion joke.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #421
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would have liked to see a tie though, just to see how they would have handled it. Maybe a revote like they norally do during the game (the difference being now they are voting after having watched the show), or an impromptu challenge live.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #422
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I would have liked to see a tie though, just to see how they would have handled it. Maybe a revote like they norally do during the game (the difference being now they are voting after having watched the show), or an impromptu challenge live.

I'm GUESSING they would settle it on location, though I'm really not sure how. But I think you'd have to settle it out there, because you can't have players voting after having seen the show. Then you're getting into the whole mess of the show's editors affecting who wins. And things like confessionals would then play a huge factor in the voting... which would be a terrible precedent to set, because it would lead to people being cagey and political in their confessionals in future seasons. And you don't want that. Much better TV to make sure people can be honest in their confessionals without fear of repercussions later.

But I really have no idea what they would do. You can't decide the season on a fire challenge.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #423
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

What's wrong with it just being a tie and they split the $1 million? That actually seems like the most practical result because I don't know what else they could have done. At the final vote count, Jeff did say if Amanda got the last vote, it would be a tie. He didn't say anything else after that such as what the tiebreaker would be.

However, a good point was raised here. It is very likely Amanda would have won with a final 3. Just her luck that they switched it up on her.

Any guesses when the Parv/Nat sex tape is going to get leaked on the net?
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #424
Kodos
Resident Alien

I figured they would both get a million if it ended in a tie.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #425
Jas_lov
College Starter

Splitting the money would have been really lame, but it's one of few logical solutions. I brought up America voting which people don't seem to be agreeing with. Amanda would have won that. A re-vote makes sense, but is it fair? Someone votes for Amanda one minute and the next minute they switch to Parvati just so everybody can go home. If two people switch, you're back to square 1 and it becomes an even bigger joke.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #426
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Splitting the money would have been really lame, but it's one of few logical solutions.

Yeah, I suppose you'd really pretty much have to, in a tie in a final 2 situation. I think in a final 3 you could have the person that finished third cast the deciding vote, but for a final 2 maybe you'd just have co-winners. Talk about going out with a whimper though.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #427
wade moore
lolzcat

I was a few episodes behind and finally caught up.

A fantastic season. I was rooting for Amanda because I feel she is a good balance of strategy without making complete backstabs. In the end, I don't think she had a chance against either of them and agree with whomever said she was best off with a 3 person final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #428
Autumn
Head Coach

I haven't watched a lot of Survivor before this season. Has anyone ever plotted to split the million with their allies? Or is that explicitly against the rules somehow? I would think it would be a decent strategic choice at times.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #429
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

God knows Jason would have fallen for it.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #430
Kodos
Resident Alien

They are not allowed to share.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #431
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
They are not allowed to share.

share as far as you know
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #432
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Amanda should learn the key lesson from interviews when someone asks you about your biggest weaknesses.

You try to be honest but never say anything that is really serious. No one should answer "I'm lazy", or "I like little boys".

When Amanda had to explain why Parvati deserves it more than her, she gave Parvati so much credit for their alliance that it completely devalued her own performance in the game.

Dumb move. All she had to do was take credit for the smart things that she did that game, and kiss a little ass (Cirie anybody?) and she would have won. But once again she talked her way out of the win.

I think that Erik is pretty dumb, but Amanda deserves a piece of that title for being so close to a million bucks twice in a row and not being able to close the deal either time.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #433
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally saw the last few episodes. Erik you are an idiot!!! How do you relinquish immunity that late in the game, especially knowing you will probably win it again and again against the girls.

Another choke job for Amanda. Sad to see.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #434
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
When Amanda had to explain why Parvati deserves it more than her, she gave Parvati so much credit for their alliance that it completely devalued her own performance in the game.

Not just that but it essentially lost her Cirie's vote because it suggested Cirie didn't play as good a game as Parv when they both did more or less the same thing. That there was where Amanda lost the game because if she had answered well ("you both played great but the deciding factor was that I'm a little closer to Parv than you" might have been a better answer or "you were a bigger threat than Parv for the final vote"), I think Cirie votes for Amanda (4-4) and possibly swings Eliza and/or Jason's vote.

Btw, Amanda became ... bigger after the show didn't she? :P
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #435
Jas_lov
College Starter

Maybe this interview with Cirie will clear up Amanda's bad answer and how Cirie would have voted. She says here she probably would have voted for Parvati anyway. Who knows what Eliza or Jason do. I don't think Amanda's answers cost her as much as last time. Parvati played the more bold and aggressive game and they rewarded her for it.

Quote:
Reality TV World: Did Amanda's poor answer -- and Parvati's good answer -- to your question determine your vote or had you already decided to vote for Parvati?

Cirie: You know what? Honestly speaking? If Amanda would have said, "Cirie, I took Parvati because there's no way I would have beat you. I wouldn't have been able to out-talk you with the jury. Plus everybody here knows that Parvati's done a lot and everyone hates Parvati and everybody wants to take Parvati," then maybe it might have been a slight chance. But honestly, no. I probably would have still voted for Parvati.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...ience-7097.php
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #436
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Maybe this interview with Cirie will clear up Amanda's bad answer and how Cirie would have voted. She says here she probably would have voted for Parvati anyway. Who knows what Eliza or Jason do. I don't think Amanda's answers cost her as much as last time. Parvati played the more bold and aggressive game and they rewarded her for it.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...ience-7097.php

Eliza had nothing good to say about Amanda after the show. There was pretty much no way she was giving Amanda a vote.